Create Account

S60 Championship Week

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I am going to do this 1 since we are only a little bit into the tournament. So far upsets have happened and the usual suspects of Canada and Great Britain are not dominating the groups this season. Shout out to the United States not currently making it out of the group stage. I still however believe by the end of it Canada and Great Britain will be winning a medal by the end of it. They both have the Total Points Earned to make this work and it is hard to bet against that since FHM loves to have them never be upset except in rare occasions. A big reason why these 2 teams usually do get to medals like.

I would like to see the other medal go to a nation that has not won 1 in quite a long piece of time. No, not the United States, they got 1 a while back too like a bronze or something so meh. Perhaps Finland can get 1 and use the group momentum they have going right now to win 2 knockout round games. We will have to see.

[190 words]

3 TPE

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A - I am a little confused by this 1 honestly. I think these 2 respective teams made the finals because they beat 3 other teams on whichever side of the bracket they were on. I do not think they were gifted it but they win cause its hard for other teams to fight back and become close to as strong as the top teams. [63 words]
B - I would say Chicago honestly. I do not know why but parity is very hard for this league and the bad teams are just usually bad and the elite teams can do it for so long and FHM hates letting the better teams lose unlike in OOTP where it is a lot more possible. So to me Chicago being there a couple of teams is way more impressive. [68 words]
C - I actually really like both these teams branding so I can't really attack that. If I am nit picking it would probably have to be goal horn more than anything. I think these lack in terms of amazing goal horn but I will have to admit I have not watched either play in season so maybe they did change it to something better. [63 words]
D - I would say Elizabeth Doyle is the Buffalo Stampede's best player. She is 1 of the better if not the best goalie in the Sim Hockey League and having her is a good reason why they do very well overall in the league. It probably helps having a good d around her like but that just helps cause I think she is genuinely 1 of the better in her positions. [70 words]

+ 4 = 7 TPE

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: regret

+ 3 = 10 TPE

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

Milestones + 3 = 13 TPE

And finally:

PBE Affiliate + 3 = 16 TPE

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 07:33 PM by Grapehead.)

1) S60 was a long and difficult season for the Nevada Battleborn, but morale was high the whole time. There were lots of positive things to focus on in Nevada during S60, despite the losses piling up, and one such thing was a tremendous season from Jimmy Larkin-Conway. Jimmy finished tied for 4th in the SMJHL for goals scored with 30, which included an SMJHL record 6 shorthanded goals. His 30 goals, and 52 points, are also both franchise records for the Battleborn, surpassing the previous records of 25 goals and 49 points, both by Zelma Zuntnere. Expectations will be even higher for Jimmy next season, but with such a young group of players expected to breakout, and nowhere to go but up in the standings for the team, the young Battleborn sniper should see his production jump. It sounds like Nevada can also expect to see Jimmy back for two more seasons, which means the team will have two cracks at the Four Star Cup with their current core. That’s all music to Jimmy’s ears. [+3]

5) I remember specifically opposing the idea of every team making the playoffs in the SMJHL when I was a GM in that league, but my feelings on the matter changed pretty quickly. The league’s role in providing a positive experience for the new and developing players is paramount to the SHL’s overall success. More time spent waiting for the offseason is more time to potentially lose interest. Unfortunately there’s no way to avoid most people having to wait at least a little while, but qualifying every team for the playoffs eliminates as much downtime as possible. On top of that, I think the playoffs is an important part of the hockey experience here, and giving every player a taste of that right away is a good way to get them hooked. [+2]

12) A - There’s absolutely no question that these two teams deserve to be in the Challenge Cup Final. Buffalo and Chicago are two of the most stacked teams in the SHL, so you would have to be a certifiable moron to suggest either team is undeserving of their spot. The match up is sure to be a treat for the fans.
B - Buffalo has been a perennial contender for so long now, it’s hard to remember a time before that. Chicago on the other hand has built a juggernaut themselves, and seem to be contending regularly as well. The impressive thing with Buffalo is that they’ve managed to swap parts in and out as needed without ever needing to pull the plug and reset. In the future we may look back on Chicago as being similarly dominant, but they’ve got some catching up to do with Buffalo.
C - It’s time to freshen up the logo in Buffalo. I’m not saying you need to revamp the branding, but it is the 2nd oldest logo (Toronto 1st I believe), and could use a little sprucing up. As far as Chicago’s logo, I was never a big fan of it, but I feel the team name is a difficult one to capture in a logo. The colour scheme of Chicago is great though, I love it.
D - I’m going to give my vote to retired Chicago Syndicate legend Charlie Schieck! If you don’t know, Charlie played one entire season with Chicago in S56, before retiring one season too soon to win the Challenge Cup with the Syndicate in S57. Despite that, he was very clearly the best player to play for either of these teams. [+4]

13) I’ve got to go with Aron Hernadivic, because this man was dominating the playoffs for Buffalo. Not only did he put up 13 goals and 14 assists, but he also led the team in takeaways, had among the most blocks as a forward, led forwards in average ice time, and posted an average offensive game rating of 77. The guy was absolutely on another level during the S60 playoffs, and put the entire league on notice for next season’s playoffs. You could make a strong case for several Stampede players to take home the MVP title, but seeing as we have to choose just one, Hernadivic stands just above the rest for this honour. [+2]

15) Verification [+3]

17) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083747 [+3]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 09:32 AM by Zoone16.)

16/16

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

My PokéSHL team would have to be balanced so to begin we need a Fire type pokeSHLer. For this we pick up Valentin Kalashnikov (Suavemente) who spits fire and deals psychic damage. We then bring in Lord Raiden for that electrical and physical damage cause that’s what Raiden does in Mortal Kombat. Luca Del Vecchio is our Ice type, staying cool within the pipes game after game. Karl Krashwagen would be my choice for flying (cause he’s flying out there on the ice) and fighting (that man gives a beating to the opposition every game). Ethan Duncan can be my fairy/psychic guy, being the magical tactician that he is both on and off the ice. My last PokéSHLer will be Nat Emerson who is basically the Dragon type, being there since forever and a half ago in SHL years and being from a land far away.
Overall, this is a balanced team full of different types that have all levelled up together. They are ready to challenge the elite 4. (170 words)

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Based on the standings after Day 3, it looks like we’re in for a good shakeup in the IIHF this season. My predictions will be that Japan, Finland and Norway are the favourites to win it all. These teams have the right amount of youth and experience, with high TPE totals. Right behind them are a big group of teams that need to fix something in order to climb up the order. These include Great Britain, Sweden, Austria, Czechia and Canada, essentially all the teams that are either on their way up or ageing out of contention. The fall of the US will continue because they don’t seem to have figured out how FHM works. The biggest surprise will be the US not making it to the knockout rounds for a second consecutive year. For a nation boasting the largest contingent of creates, this is a disappointing performance they’re putting on the ice. (153 words)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a) As much as seeing the former great lakes team be in the final year after year, Chicago and Buffalo both won their respective conferences in the regular season as well as the playoffs. They have every right to be in the finals with performances like these. The salt comes from being bored of seeing the same 3 teams make it far each season. (63 words)

b) Both teams being continually at the top is what is impressive, but mostly because both teams were on the rise at the start of the FHM era which has made the strong teams even stronger. I for one am looking forward to teams other than these three at the top for a change. (53 words)

c) I just cannot bring myself to like the Syndicate’s logo. The name is whatever, an homage to the mafia days in Chicago. But the logo is so bland, has nothing to do with hockey and looks like a teenage kid’s attempt at a logo. The diamond in the back might as well be for a baseball team. 57 words)

d) Alexis Metzler is without a doubt the best player to play for either team. As a defenseman, he put up star forward numbers throughout his career, won some awards and made it into the Hall of Fame without being a doubt. Back in the S30s and part of the S40s, Buffalo was not as strong of a team so him being able to do it there was extremely impressive. (69 words)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Friday13

PHP Code:
17. Milestonesup to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW
So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total
3 TPE from Milestones

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 09:53 AM by Nike.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

There were a lot of really difficult things to deal with all season. However, despite all of the challenges with a botched deodorant deal and having to come up with a way to steal some money from an overtly rich bank snob, it was a really good season to be a Berserker. So, despite all of the constant challenges with the weekly inconveniences set by the training team, Newfoundland had the best season of all time for a team in juniors. And getting to be a part of that run, culminating in a championship was a really great experience for what I expect to be my last season in juniors with this player. As a result, all of the nuisances and problems thrown in front of us all season long, it was certainly a season to remember in the SMJHL for all of us that are part of the Berserkers. Troll me online, steal my identity and give me shoddy endorsements every year if this what’s going to happen every season.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

If we had continued down the road of just having STHS, the league would not be as successful as it is today. However, the stats tracking and ability to follow players throughout their careers wasn’t quite as easy as it is today. Staying in STHS would have been a detriment to the overall growth of the league. However, in a world where the SHL hadn’t changed to the FHM sim engine, lots of players would be moving to the SHL much quicker. In my opinion, the change in the update scale and the move to FHM has significantly altered the state of juniors and how players move from one league to another. In the event that we had not moved to FHM, I would have already been on the Chicago roster and on my way to my first SHL cup finals with Kickz Jr. Unfortunately and fortunately, that isn’t the case and instead I got my first Four Star Cup with Newfoundland. Thanks FHM.

Code:
a. Yes, these are, in recent history, two of the most talented rosters in the SHL. And while Buffalo has consistently been to the finals over the past few seasons, Chicago has had a few deep playoff runs and a cup on their resume. The biggest surprise is that these teams have both been beaten up by some of the other goliaths in the SHL for the last 10+ seasons and yet still are here in the finals
b. The continued dominance of Buffalo is the more impressive of the two teams recent runs. Despite how impressive it is that Chicago, in its infancy as a franchise, has built a strong franchise capable of multiple cup runs, the number of times that Buffalo has found itself in the finals time and time again. That kind of record just doesn’t happen by accident.
c. Buffalo has probably the coolest logo and colorway in the league, but actual team name leaves something to be desired. The Stampede, what is that? A gang of buffalo. Like be a little bit more creative. It’s a group of animals. That’s not a mascot. Your mascot should be a single animal.
d. The best player on either team is Doyle. She has been a mainstay between the pipes in the SMJHL and SHL for the last 10 seasons. Incredible consistency in goaltending is how Buffalo has been successful in getting to the finals season after season. Doyle is consistently a top of the chart goaltender and has proven that in the last 10 seasons.

[/code]
Code:
Nike

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084494 +3

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:00 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Time to assemble my Meta Pokeshl team from the top of my head, which will be comprised of all the best suited pokemon to roles on the ice, balancing types as well as I can while also imagining them in hockey roles.

C: Toxapex: This pokemon is a stud defensive wall type of pokemon that can physically dominate other ones and wall out others to winning. This is suited to being a shutdown center type. I would compare them to Seattle's JURT.

Ws: Tapu Koko and Kartana: These pokemon are very fast and pack a hard punch, so they can be very effective sniper types on the wings who can contend for league lead in goals. They're like idk Theo Morgan and Karl Krashwagen?

Ds: Landorus-T and Blissey: More shutdown types who will bring some offensive flair to the table too let's say they could be kind of like Lyle Odelein III and Nicholas Owens.

G: Ferrothorn: Stops fucking everything this dude is a brick wall like whoever was just the best goalie?

(173 words)

Code:
Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

I think my career would have gone better to this point if we stayed on STHS? it's hard to say, I've done solid on FHM but STHS I was on a Hamilton team trending way upwards and doing very well, but that continued into FHM as well where Hamilton was similarly very dominant, but I'd say generally my numbers were better on FHM. As for my time in Seattle, I think in FHM I probably would have been better in general because STHS had a wider spread of scoring among people from different levels of team qualities. If I was on FHM for my time in Anchorage, I think it would have gone much better and I think we definitely could have won a challenge cup. Assclap was very engaged and built great teams that STHS didn't reward him for so I think on an engine that did reward it things would go a lot more as we all expected.

Code:

A. I think they were both extremely lucky and bad teams, Seattle should have made the finals over Chicago from the West because they are more pog and cool but Buffalo was basically carried by a really awesome Pepe band gif that was really funny and I loved. These teams are bad but I would say especially buffalo lmao get fucked kekw (this is over 50 words)

B. Definitely Buffalo. These guys know how to run a team for sure. Great GMs great team only a bad coach in jeffie43. Chicago has done well to reach this level but the path of buffalo to being this good is a way better achievement to be proud of. They have made many good trades and drafted many good players with their picks. They did a really good job of copying the tactics aaronwilson put out for Hamilton, in particular (this is over 50 words)

(159 words)

Code:

Verification word Ferda

3 Milestone TPE

14 TPE

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 10:10 AM by Blasoon.)

1. To quote an icon to public safety and law enforcement "Identity theft is not a joke! Millions of families suffer from it every year" the attempts on my life and identity have left me a near shell of my former self. I have had my name besmirched in Charlotte, I have had my name besmirched in London, I have had my name besmirched all over the world! To say it has been stressful is an understatement. On the bright side, I have found refuge in Seattle. The Emerald City has been a refuge in cool people, and nice weather. And I think that I had my best season to date, and it was lovely to get the Kraken past the first round for the first time since I joined the team. Whilst this year has not been ideal, it does still fill me with great optimism to see where I go from here on out. (155 Words - 3 TPE)

5. I think that when it comes to the SMJHL, it's a fun league for development, I think the more teams in it the better. In my perfect world, all fourteen teams would make it with the top two teams in the league would get a first round bye, just like the incredibly popular format currently used by the NFL. Plus, I think it would just be fun to welcome Regina and Great Falls to the league by giving their players a definite chance of making the playoffs. And who knows, maybe they'll even shock all of us; I think that would be fun to see. And I think having everyone experience the playoffs would keep our minor leagues as an incredibly fun experience for everyone. (125 Words - 2 TPE)

6. I predict that Great Britain are gonna be great. Like they always are. I think that former league MVP Jimmy Slothface is going to lead this team of Lions, Unicorns, Dragons and (uh, hands?) Red Gloved Hands to the promised land of golden medallions. I can see us attacking the US so bad that they lose claim to Red, White and Blue. Norway will take a clouting and we will forever remind them of 1066. Germany and Austria will probably be reminded of World War One a lot, y'know, if we're going on with that historical theme. Sweden and Britain didn't really interact much until the eighteenth century and I'm more of a medievalist but we're still going to bloody kill em! I'm going to respectfully hold any comments about Ireland, cause that just wouldn't be in good taste. But I still believe that Great Britain are going to absolutely smash it in this international tourney. (156 Words - 3 TPE)

15. Trivia Word Verification: Bangladesh (3 TPE)

16. Well it should be clear that when Luke and I go on our date it will be almost entirely dominated by history. We'll probably go out somewhere nice like a Thai place. He'll probably regale me with stories about the league's history whilst I stare deep into his big, dreamy, almost gritty-like eyes. From there on out, we will probably make eyes over dinner. Might share a sensual noodle or too. And then I think we'll edge a bit closer to each other and I'll whisper those magical words he's been dying to hear. "Tell me about the Season fifty-two Manhattan Rage". And it'll be all fireworks from there. (109 Words - 2 TPE)

17. Milestones for (3 TPE) please.

[Image: blasoon.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 11:37 AM by CaptainCamel.)

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?
Paul Binder had his wallet stolen, was forced into a heist he wanted no part of, made more shitty jokes about how Marbles sucks than he cares for, and lost in the SMJHL finals for the 3rd season in a row. However, it wasn't all bad, bittersweet in fact. Paul Binder was not exactly sure what he was getting into when he was drafted into the SMJHL four seasons ago (almost a full year now!), but he has loved every minute of it. There's been ups and downs, missed TPs, CWs, and claims, but he's been surrounded by a locker room full of great guys who want nothing but the best for each other. While it was another same old season of getting so close, but coming up just short, he knew it was the last time he would be experiencing this in the ANC locker room. He cannot wait to see what next season brings him in the big times in Atlanta. (163 words) +3 TPE

Code:

You can't go wrong selecting Mew Two first and foremost. Easily one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) pokemon of first gen, and he is one of the most well-known pokemon in the entire dex. I could probably skirt by just selecting this guy and with enough grinding, make it out just fine. However, I'd also like to throw in Eko Van Otter as Floatzel. He's not super strong or anything super special, but he's an otter and that's cool. I've always had a thing for otters so an otter pokemon is just a natural pick for me. Monkey D Luffy as Rillaboom would be a good way to round out the team. The fact that he's a 3rd and final evo from a starter, plus he has a kickass drumset means that he's just waiting to kick ass. We have water, grass, and psychic legendary. Yeah it's only three opposed to the standard 6 team, but most gym leaders don't have a full team of 6 anyway. (169 words) +3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I'm really excited to see the IIHF this season. Austria historically the past god knows how many seasons have been absolutely trash, but they've got a ton of reinforcements coming from the championship DACH team this year. A total of EIGHT Austrian players that were locked at 425 TPE last season were able to finally unload all that banked TPE to get them anywhere from 700's to 800's. Yeah, it's nothing all-star level and I'm not expecting them to win gold or anything, but it should definitely make games much more interesting to watch. While it's hard to say this will be the case, I would love to see the team make a strong run for the bronze and potentially further in the coming seasons.
As far as who will win? It's hard to bet against Norway at this point. I don't recall how well they've done in previous seasons, but so far in the games played this season they have been a force to reckon with, going 5-1 so far to lead the league. (175 words) +3 TPE

Code:

I can't help but laugh when I see Chicago's logo. I get it, they're supposed to be the old school gangsters, but fedoras are just so freaking lame. I can't help but think everyone on the team are trenchcoat wearing incels that tip their hats as a woman walks by them. (51 words) +1 TPE

Code:
Camel +3 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Code:

I love this task and in any other circumstances I would expand text as much as possible. I had I idea of a hockey player breeding simulator on excel which is a mush-up of SHL and pokemon. As nonretard person, I’d like to assemble my pokemon 6 from Legendaries.

The Groundon would be Esa Anrikkanen (Any other circumstance would be Blaziken (fiery chicken))
The Rayguazza would be Randy Randleman
The Palkia would be Mike Izzy (Any other circumstance would be Arcanine or Machamp)
The Giratina would be Steven Jalopski
The Kyogre would be Mike Verminski
And final and last - Kriss Labsvards as Charizard!

I don’t know how but the idea of catching them and training them (to trade or sell) would be cool. You could put Your own pokemon natures, that would be cool. You know everybody loves except Raymond the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons - to be yourself a pokemon, then make a guild or team. Damn good childhood memories!

Code:
[code]4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

None of told that this would be easy
To roll behind the couch Mike Izzy
12th ranked in TPE but 1st in Your hearth
Remember, we were last at the start

Our Captain furious about our performance pale
Didn’t help at all for Cale
12th ranked in TPE but first in our hearth
That's what said our captain Bouchard

We can’t look back
Said Dragons legend Batsbak
We must do for ourselves of for fame
Screamed “fuck yeah” too the player Goodname

safety

Code:

No, no, no! They definitively deserve to be here in the finals. I believe this was a very interesting final. Not my clear prediction but I am not very surprised. I would not be surprised if I saw any of the top 8 teams (Buffalo, Hamilton, Baltimore, Chicago, Texas, Toronto, Calgary, Los Angeles). After the end of the season and without all-out Dragons idealogy I would pick the final probably same – the Buffalo vs Chicago.

Code:

Actually, I would like to say that Buffalo in the finals is more surprising. My thought only constructs on the observation that the team that gets president cup on Franchise Hockey Manager usually does not go further than the 2nd round. Usually, the winner is the 2nd place team. I do not think that the Chicago Syndicate appearance in the finals is impressive. I think it was natural.

Code:

Montreal Patriotes. First of all – why such a name? We had a beautiful team Montreal Impact. Catchy, strong, forceful, legendary. The word “Impact” sounds so good. Even with the word “Montreal” that after hearing that once You can not imagine it with anything else. Also, the color is a surprise why I do not like it with this logo since it is my favorite color. Also, minimalistic logos are better than detailed. And last one – Why I see Archer holding a flag?

Code:

Esa Anrikkanen – it is a fact! The player with ~30 seasons of experience is the driving force. If this one player is accounted for so many seasons, that means a great force to build around the team. It would be like an alternate reality where Gretzky stayed with the Oilers for his whole his carrier and played long as Jaromir Jagr.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Congrats to Buffalo Stampede on winning the series this season! Yes, the series is long over and I love procrastinator specials! The series was not fun as I expected. Buffalo was a deadly force but somehow coin of favor flipped for Chicago Syndicate too. If I’m right when Buffalo won the championship last time it was against Hamilton. So they are natural-born deadly force of this SHL generation. Although I’m a fan of Martijn Westbroek (just because of how sounds the name - no SHL related) I would give him MVP (best name - seriously) but I can’t. Aron Hernadavic was a better driving force for a team to win this championship in my opinion. Better all-around situations and in the end having +10 +/- and having goals tying Martijn Westbroek. I think Aron did exceptionally well.

Code:

Safety

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE [1]
Milestones – 1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084521
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:10 PM by santej29.)

S60 milestones, https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084576
+3

task 15- CW trivia, my word is- tacos,  https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1F...rmResponse
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 04:33 PM by JSS331.)

5.  While there is certainly merit to allowing all juniors players to get some playoff experience, with the expansion putting the league in a spot where there are so many teams, it is time to consider some changes.  I think there is a good argument to be made for reducing the number of playoff teams and making the regular season actually mean something.  With the randomness of the sim engine providing some large upsets, it doesn't seem fair that a team should have a great regular season only to have some bad luck knock them out of the championship running against a bad team.  This would make it more competitive for everyone.

Code:
111 Words
2/16 TPE

17. Milestones +3 TPE
Code:
5/16 TPE

15. Gritty

Code:
8/16 TPE

a.  Buffalo clearly got lucky as all hell to beat Hamilton and does not deserve to be there.  This should have been another Hamilton cup coming home but clearly the sim engine is tired of us winning every time so they punished us.  Chicago is no better, especially since they just copied tactics every game.  Pretty weak overall.
b.  I have a very hard time giving credit to a bitter rival but respect is earned not given.  Buffalo has been very good for a very long time which is tough to do in a salary cap league.  I would have to give the nod to them as any team can get lucky or stack up players to make a run a couple times over even 15 seasons where as consistent performance is very difficult to achieve.
c.  There is not much to like about anything related to Buffalo, their rink is terrible, their jerseys are not much better, and the goal horn is absolutely annoying.  Settling on just one of those items to call out would be too difficult so I would have to say they are all awful.  Nothing like the classic Hamilton kit and barn.  They need a refresh.

Code:
11/16 TPE

13.  The MVP of the series would have to go to Elizabeth Doyle who backstopped her team to another championship on the performance of a shutout and a stout 2.14 GAA throughout the series.  She has been a force in the league for a few years now and this effort was no different.  She put up another two shutouts throughout the playoffs to go with it which is also very impressive.  Most teams know, you need great goaltending to win championships in ice hockey, this year was no different.  I am just hoping she can play as well for Ireland in the upcoming IIHF tournament so we can get out of the group stage for once.  

Code:
115 words

13/16 TPE

1.  This was a tough season off of the ice for sure but we are a strong league and we will endure.  On the ice the regular season was just how we had drawn it up.  Unfortunately, for the second season in a row, our post season exploits were not quite as good.  We again lost before realizing our ultimate goal of raising the cup again.  It was very unfortunate but we expect to be back next year even stronger than this year.  For Guy O'Shea, it was a solid season overall with stats looking strong across the board.  Qualifying for six of the milestones categories was a good indicator that it was good across the board.  My hope is that next year he can take the next step to being a strong top pair defender that can help be a playmaker on the ice and a point per game player.  I'll have some solid TPE to spend and I expect that it will give some good returns on the ice.
Code:
170 words
16/16 TPE

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:26 AM by KenitohMenara.)

Task 1 (ISFL Link)

Task 2 - ASM’s strategy for moving through the PokeSHL is the same as it is the regular SHL. Work hard, find teammates you can trust and do all you can to help them thrive. Something that most people don’t get about pokemon is that they, like humans, have their own personalities and styles. Some want to fight while others focus on support. Navigating through the personal webs of pokemon is very much like going through a locker room in a hockey team.

ASM’s team focuses on capitizaling on each other's strengths and covering each other's weaknesses. It’s full of individual and team talent that can thrive at any level of play. With the right mentors to guide him, ASM could become a pokemon master and one of the finest to ever do it. That is his ultimate goal in this life, to make it to the top of the mountain. The team is:

Lucario
Scizor
Pidgeot
Slyveon
Umbreon
Kingdra

Task 12

Buffalo really doesn’t deserve to be this good this often. They are always in the mix for the cup and it just really irks me how they can remain this consistently good. To their eternal credit, the ways they keep talent and retain active members is something to be encouraged and revered but for the sim to be this fortunate to them everytime is just really irksome
Speaking of, Buffalo’s consistency is the most impressive thing about them. Whether this is through black magic, active users or Buffalo paying off the developers of FHM to make sure they win, it always seems to happen for the stampede. Whether they need luck, it is always there and thus they are here again
Both teams logos are dumb. I am truly sorry but as a fan of logos, I have to say that both have to have some of the most forgettable and boring logos in the league. When you look at Calgary, Manhattan and Winnipeg, you know for a fact what the team is about. With Buffalo and Chicago? It looks like they found some generic logos from a hockey game and took them for their own
Viktor Marius is still the best player Buffalo has ever had. He is one of the biggest reasons why Buffalo has continued to sustain such success in their recent history. Up until his retirement, his tireless effort to bring Buffalo to greatness each and every year was something to be applauded. It was an honor to induct him into the hall of fame.

17) SMJHL Milestones (+3TPE)

Trivia Keyword: Whaler
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 10:32 PM by .bojo.)

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: unknown.png]

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: unknown.png]

a: These teams definitely deserve to be here. They played the game of hockey like it was a piece of art that was being sold by a poor desperate artist that was on his last paycheck, and the only contribution he has to to society is putting pictures on paper. Which probably means a blowjob or two were involved.

c: Buffalo's logo takes one of my favorite colors, green, and shits all over it with some diahrea donky dump yellow squirted all around like the add kid at your birthday party who found the mustard bottle and thinks he's god's gift to society. Would Buffalo's mother please pick up their stupid ass kid and beat some sense into their logo.

ksadfljfasdlkfjasdlk;fj

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Slash is a kinky mother fucker so what I do is take him out on a date to McDonald's where I treat him like shit and yell at him for being a little sissy punk ass. Then as we're leaving I throw the fries at him and treat him like the dog he is. After he shits himself on the door I buy a newspaper that are still being made for some reason. I roll it up and beat him across the head with it. He likes it, don't worry. I then offer to pay for it, but he's such a little wuss he decides to pay for it. Great guy, wish things would have worked out.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084602

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 02:20 PM by awils13.)

Code:

This was quite an eventful year indeed but I feel like I was able to ignore the distractions and focused on playing the best I could, which resulted in the second-best season of my career. So maybe it wasn't all that bad. Except I, along with many hamilton players, lost almost all my money after investing in the Gooney capital hedge fund. Gooney told us that stocks always go up and Blackberry was the next big thing. Blackberry was literally 100% of the Gooney capital portfolio. Never mind that gooney missed the GME bubble, blackberry shares took a nosedive immediately after we invested in it. After ghosting us for a few weeks, Gooney liquidated his position and ran away with our money. I am financially ruined now. :sadge: Future is not looking bright, my player is old and is declining fast. I opted out of my contract and asked Hamilton for a 10x3 deal, let's see what they'll say.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

No one would argue that user retention is the most important thing for the j but competition definitely helps with that as well. It's been a long time since I played in juniors, but I feel like the regular season is not very interesting when every team makes the playoffs, so I would take the best 12 teams. I'm assuming there are 14 teams in the j, so that means only 2 teams miss the playoffs, which is probably a good compromise. One argument for all teams making it is that longer offseasons hurt retention which is probably true, but with how fhm is, bottom teams probably have no chance of advancing to the second round so it only extends their season by a couple of days.

Code:

As always, I expect Canada to do well. I mean, not as always, because I don't think we made it past the round robin last season kekw. But this is probably our absolute peak because we have a lot of season 46/47 players who are getting hit hard by the 15% regression and there aren't a lot of top tier prospects to replace them (I might be wrong tho, Idk). I feel like anything short of the gold medal would be a disappointment, I don't expect any of the Canada players to do well individually though lmao. Our roster seems so deep, so no one will get a lot of ice time, which is why I picked players from smaller nations for my iihf fantasy roster. Players like Michael Scarn, Martijn Westbroek, Elijah Jones will be relied on heavily by their teams and should have an impressive tournament. But as for which teams will medal, probably Canada, USA, GB again unless teams like Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, etc can upset them.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I think the finals mvp should be one of the Chicago forwards. Oh wait, they choked another playoff series lead again lmao, and what a way to do it. Anyway, the finals mvp should probably be either Elizabeth Doyle or Steve Harrington. It's difficult to make a deep playoff run without a hot goalie and Doyle was one of the best goalies in these playoffs, including the finals. Harrington scored a hat-trick in game 7 which alone is enough to make him one of the candidates for finals mvp, he was one of the best buffalo forwards overall in this series too. But If I had to vote I would probably vote for Doyle I think.

Code:

awils

Code:

3 tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084620

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 02:33 PM by Fluw.)

5. To be honest despite having the J playoff format at not everyone makes it, I would prefer that everyone would make the playoffs noting that the J is all about user retention, and what other way to keep users attentions then placing their team in the playoffs. Now the issue here is FHM does not allow for everyone to make it based on our current number of teams and another expansion would be required for that to be made a possibility. Now if it didn’t affect user retention I would definitely love to see the top 8 teams and let the duke it out in the playoffs as it would be more irl esque however I doubt we ever see something like that. (124 word) (2 tpe)

7. This one is a really hard one to answer in all honesty since both were very different sim engines. I did initially start as a goalie in STHS, however was not very active during that time period so I do not remember as much as a I probably should. All I know was back then, I could get massive penalties as a goalie and that was absolutely hilarious to me, as well as goals/assists. So I could honestly say if we stayed with STHS I would have had a goalie that was the all time point and penalty leader of all goalies in the league, that is likely what would have happened. I believe my previous player would likely do a lot better stat wise in FHM because I find you tend to have more success as a goalie in FHM overall than in STHS, so that for sure would have changed and could have potentially been more of a franchise level player. (163 words)(3tpe)

12. (4tpe)
a. I do believe both teams deserved to be here, honestly in the playoffs you cant write off a team that makes it, luck is all a part of the game and both of these teams were just simply the best this post season, so it would be unfair to say that they don’t deserve to be in the finals. (59 words)

b. This one without a questions goes to Buffalo. Despite Chicago making it to the finals twice in recent memory since their inception, I believe that Buffalo being so good for so long really is more impressive considering how fast things can change in this league with people going inactive/trades, and it really reflects on their management group as a whole. (60 words)

c.So you are asking me to criticize one of two of these teams or both, well unfortunately I really don’t have much to say regarding that. I mean I guess the location of Buffalo is okay? Both teams have solid logos, colours and jerseys, and I think the goal horns fit. But if I had to say it then it would be Buffalos location honestly, it’s a not fun city. (70 words)

d. So I don’t really follow history of teams that I am not on, yeah sucks but I don’t, so really I guess I go with a massive bias and say Monkey D. Luffy because we were friends on Lethbridge back in the day, so I just want to pump his tires. As for Chicago man I do not know anyone on that team and cannot be bothered to honestly check, I am choosing JURT who is no longer on the team I think? Because I like Jurt. (87 words)

15. Apples (3tpe)

16. I would take luke out for beers, it wouldn’t be anything fancy, nothing super romantic. But since luke is a good guy and I love luke I would take him for some beer, wings and nachos. Maybe even catch a game on the good ol television while we are there, chatting and becoming friends. If luke isn’t into that then I mean we can do whatever he wants to do, play video games? Go for a hike? Fishing? Golf? Though I am not one to golf but for Luke sure I will give it a shot. But yeah I have no idea what other ideas I could come up with but these are just a few. (116 words) (2 tpe)

17. Claiming 2 tpe - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084646

Total tpe: 16/16

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:

What a prompt! My strategy to navigate the PokeSHLis to be pretty good and have fun. There will be a ton of jerks trying super hard to be #1, but the writers are going to find some bullshit reason that Ash is going to be the best (I had a lot of hate about Ash never losing lined up, but opening this link in an incognito tab has convinced me to change my angle).
My style would be like a bugcatcher, but for danglers. A Dangle Catcher. My ingame sprite would be some ugly guy slouched at his desk, staring at discord, and i would be equipped with a few higher level danglers. Maybe an s57 Tokolosh, or an s57 van Otter, or even an s61 Fiddler (season equates level?). I would hang out around Saffron City, because it’s more of a town, and Viridian is too small for me, and literally only has 1 house.
“I’d catch low level juniors and groom them into the perfect danglers by offering them rare candies and telling them my training secrets” - Kevin Spacey

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I’ve been a fan of all teams making the Junior tournament. Its good for camaraderie (that took 2 tries to spell). The upsets from garbage teams give users hope, when typically that group would be cast into 2 weeks of no sims and then likely inactivity. Good users on good teams that get upset try harder and engage more and play (earn TPE) with vengeance.
When bad teams lose in the playoffs, no one gets too offended and TD’s the sim engine. Things slow down a little longer than potentially necessary, but keeping more new users active for longer is best for a healthy league.
My argument is to admit as many Junior teams to the post season as possible in order to maintain activity and site growth.

Code:
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

The “sans exploits” means that the s53 Edmonton Blizzard vs Hamilton Steelhawks would potentially have been a different result (I’m not saying that Hamilton only won because of their exploit). Having that extra ring icon on my player page and beneath my profile picture would have been pretty cool.
The STHS meta was pretty stale and having a few seasons with 99’s and minimal production increase (despite great team success) was a bit annoying. I never got to fully explore the actual sim engine or learn about the strategies, but i can’t imagine that my player was middling because he didn’t have enough TPE in “Penalty Shots”.
While Julio got hot (or at least “cute”) pretty quickly in FHM, I’m not sure how things would have gone in STHS after season 53. The Edmonton core moved a bit, so if i became the top forward, I wouldnt have had as powerful of a setup as previously held by the top forwards. Teddy Cuddles moved on, Tony Pepperoni changed to a more balanced (less offensive) build, Tor Tuck, Bluesfan, and Brady McIntyre left in free agency so the original core was just a modified Tony + karl Scholz, while truong and tokolosh held together the forwards. Jon Forty One was a great addition for keeping the spark, and a train of rental pieces ran through our second pairing, but the “exploits” were the beginning of the end for the Edmonton roster and her cup window.
FHM has been good for Julio, though. Thank you keygan for managing the roster so well despite the adversity.

Code:

donkey

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Oooh, my dream date with Luke would start him magically living in my town so that I wouldn’t have to travel too far to pick him up. I would pull up in my iRoc around 7, and then nervously knock on the door speak to Mr. Luke’s dad, and assure him that I would have his sweet Luke home by 11PM and I would keep him safe.
Then I would take Luke to my favorite bar to watch real hockey, or a live sim, whichever was airing. We’d have a few drinks and appetizers before heading back to my place. Luke and I would talk about the history of the league and how to grow it’s brand, experience, and interphase before playing some old school hockey video games.
I would drive Luke home, and park around the corner so that we could whisper about one day turning injuries back on. And then I would pull up to Luke’s house to drop him off at 10:50, so that his dad could see how respectful I was, and that his prize offspring should be allowed to go out with me again.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083467

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History