Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Hall of Fame is probably already out of question with the first couple of seasons I had in the SHL so at this point I just want to win something, anything, with this player. I already won a Four Star Cup with Quebec City (and was robbed of individual awards (yes, I am salty)) but my one objective is to win a Challenge Cup. It was part of the reason why I chose to sign with Baltimore this off season (well, asked to be traded there). Winning with Winnipeg seemed out of the question within my player's career and I think I have a good shot with the Platoon. The way they run lines isn't how one player gets a crapton of points but I'm happy it's balanced and I hope it will help us in the long run. On my end, I'm getting a lot more points than I did before and it now seems like I didn't completely ruin my build like I thought I did because things seem to be working well for me.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 02:59 PM by leviadan.)

PROMPT 2

Next season will be my "peak" season, which means I still have a good few seasons to create a legacy. I tend to think that the story of Burlok has more or less been written at this point-- a pretty good top 6 forward with the intangibles to capture a cup or two. This season may be the only time I ever go point-a-game or better, right now it's looking like I can get there based purely off of a week of insane luck at the start of the season. Since then it's been a pretty mediocre performance on a great team.

I've been blessed to be on a couple of incredible teams in the Renegades and the Falcons, and I think if my career is remembered at all it'll be in the capacity of "decent player in the right place at the right time." I'm not really a big game guy, I'm just consistent and can score at a decent clip. Good complimentary piece. Hopefully this wonderful Texas team can pull down at least one more cup in my career because we've got such a great group of guys right now. With both a Four Star and a Challenge Cup before my peak, I think I could honestly be happy if I had to retire today.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Prompt 1:

Well this seems fun since I can define my career however I want. Let's go a little off the rails with this one. Alright so Willie drinks the drink then something amazing happens in his body. He can feel a tingle start and his toes and run up to his head, hitting every nerve in between. Feeling a new sense of pride and accomplishment, I head off to the rink. On my way, I notice that everything around me seems slower... way slower. Once at the ice, I start taking shots and save... everything? This is all so confusing. As my career goes on, I never let another shot in the goal. Ever again. I go down as the greatest goalie to ever play the game, and the greatest athlete of all time. I end up in the hall of fame holding the following unbreakable records due to the fact that I never let another shot in: Wins, GAA, Saves, Save %, and Championships.

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

After getting over the fact there is a strange eastern European man in my bathroom I would choose not to take the drink. There should be no shortcuts when talking about the hall of fame athletes. Of course the lure would be there that if you take this drink that would ensure that my players name would hang in the rafters forever but I for one would feel like a cheat. The hall of fame should be reserved for the players that have put in the time and effort and stand above the rest as one of the greats in the league or for their time. If everyone took the shortcuts the hall of fame as a whole would lose all its meaning. Yes there is some rhyme or luck to having a HOF career landing on the right team or putting up the points to be considered an all-star or getting nominated/winning awards. But it wouldn’t feel right to just throw all that meaning away for your self-gratification. Well of course that is what I would tell the public fuck yea I am taking that orange drink Hall of fame here I come!

WC:194

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Emilia Bergman isn't terribly concerned with "cementing a legacy" - after all, it's well-known that one of her first professional scouting reports said she'd never amount to much more than an SMJHL player, or at best a third-pair defender in the SHL. She's not a player with a terribly flashy style, either: as a defensive defenseman, she's more focused on dispossessing other forwards and ensuring that other teams don't come particularly close to making a shot (or at least concerns herself with making the quality of that shot as crappy as possible). She'd much prefer to be a 'glue' player than anything else - letting others rack up the points (though last season her point scoring was pretty good), and winning championships just as Buffalo did last season while playing a supporting role. That's not to say she has no aspirations whatsoever - it's always nice to be recognized, of course - but ultimately she's more of a follower in the locker room than a leader, and is okay being a significant supporting piece in a team's hunt for the cup rather than a top-of-the-line scorer.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Prompt #2

Jonny Tsunami believes he can be a future MVP and leading goal scorer in the SHL. Jonny Tsunami did not have the best career in the SMJHL wins wise, but he did have a stellar career individually, and would have been the all-time goal leader for the Maine Timber, if the they were not rebuilding and traded Jonny Tsunami off to give him a chance to win a Cup. Jonny Tsunami is currently a third liner, working his way to becoming a goal scoring force. Jonny Tsunami wants to lead the league in scoring and he knows the best way to do that is to get as many TPE as possible. Of course Jonny Tsunami would also like to be a champion, but to do that he feels that he needs to score as many goals as possible, and help the team any way that he can. Jonny Tsunami strives to be a great player and future Hall of Famer, but it just depends on his work ethic now moving forward.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

Prompt 2

I'll be candid; I'm still often in disbelief I'm back on this site with "Long" John Donair. I'm thrilled that I am, and I'm ecstatic that I'm finally having the fun it seems my peers did all those years ago when I was really having a hard time fitting in with a crowd of like-minded people. One thing will always loom over me: that Danny "Bananas" Foster, the quintessential enforcer, was not inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame. Since that dream was mathematically and officially dashed a few seasons ago, I haven't focused much on making Donair of a Hall of Fame caliber. I've really just been making him the counterattacking, crease harassing, problem of a forward that the LA Panthers need. This is my first season on the first line, and I want to continue that legacy. I'm not looking to be a flashy face of the franchise; we have a few Jimmys that can do that for me. But teams playing the Panthers will always need to notice Donair. They'll fear the "Long" John arm of the law behind their blue line. And that much of a force on the offensive side for Los Angeles is all I want from my probably final player in the SHL universe. The All Star nods, Dar Awards, anything else ... doesn't matter. I'll gladly take being in the Hall of Very Good while finishing in the top 100 of fantasy producers every season I play. Donair will be remembered for a long time by LA fans and a lesser time by fans of other teams in the Western Conference.

Having a lasting legacy in the SHL is something that all players strive for, and it’s something that everyone wants. We all play this game to be remembered and have an impact on both our teams and the league. The opportunity is tempting, and it’s something I’m sure most people will want to take, however, I would refuse.

Firstly, there’s a strange man in my bedroom offering me an unknown liquid. I’m not so sure I would drink the liquid, I’m already shitting every 15 minutes from the brown pill I took in PT #2. I can’t risk drinking some unidentified liquid that may make the symptoms from the brown pill worse. Getting him out of the house was tricky though. He really wanted me to drink this liquid, and it seemed as though if I didn’t consume it, it would go to waste. So I watered my plants with it, and the man angrily muttered some words under his breath and left disappointed.

Secondly, and most importantly, I will rely on my current career achievements to forge the legacy I see for myself. With everything I have accomplished in my career, I have confidence that I can be inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame when my career comes to an end.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Mr pill man is back, okay, what does he want this time? Oh, you want me to drink orange soda? I want it, i really really do-ooo BAM. I'm an all star. I've stepped up my level of play in every way possible. No one can take the puck away from me and I can take it away from any body I want. Hall of Fame, here I come. Ever since I took that sip of orange fanta, everything has improved. I led the team in Assists, Points, PDO. If I was on the ice, it was unstoppable, every one around me got better because of it as well. It was infectious, I must have sweated that orange fanta and got it all over my team mates. We won the cup the next 6 of 8 seasons, I was a first team all star every season. I was in the race for MVP every year. It was all because of that orange fanta. Do I regert it? Not at all. It made me rich, a hockey icon, and cemented my place in hockey history. *fanta drop*

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

picking Prompt 1

For Nick, he would reject the Fanta for several reasons. For one, this is a weird nightmare type sequence, so Nick would assume none of this was happening and this wasn't all real. For another, Nick is fairly close to a Hall of Fame career. All he needs is a seat at the table for a Cup winner or two, and the longevity will take care of the rest. Nick is sorta like Shane Doan, long career, good team player, not a super-duper star, but good enough to be a key cog on his own team and the national team he represents. Doan would be in the Hall with a ring or 2 if he wasn't already.

If Nick did take the Fanta, he'd probably only need an award-winning season, a ring, and five more seasons of TPE production and then he's home free. He'd be more in the character wing of the Hall, but he'd be in there.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Prompt 2

It's hard to try to figure out what my player's legacy will be, considering he's not in the SHL yet. Watching his career through the J, I will say that it has gone very differently than what I had anticipated it going when I created. When I created, and when I was scouted by @sve7en, I had wanted my player to be a goon or an agitator. Just get out there, punch people in the face, and try to set records for penalties in the SMJHL. I didn't really plan on being a serious player, I didn't expect to end up on the first line and as the teams leading scorer (as of typing this). Right now I'm just focusing on my SMJHL career, and while I know I won't break any records on the team or in the league, I hope to eventually be remembered as a one of the greats that has gone through the Carolina Kraken's system.

Thorny takes a small sip of the strange orange fanta drink, swishes it around his mouth and thinks... Do I really want to drink a strange drink from a strange looking homeless guy? This crazy pill man looks more cracked out than a homeless guy riding the L train. Thorny spits the drink out and says NO I WILL NOT DRINK YOUR CRAZY CRACK JUICE. Thorny body checks the crack head into the wall, throws the can down and in the moment of rejecting the drink gets an epiphany for his own legacy. The brain gears are turning. Did I swallow any crack juice residue? Anyway, I forget. But I do know that my legacy will go down as smashing a crack head into the boards. I wanted it to be most hits and PIMS in the NHL. But coach doesn't like penalty minutes. Guess crack head smashing will be my legacy then.

Prompt 2

As far as legacies go, there is only one that I really want to achieve. I want to be Mr. Argonaut. My team is still relatively new, and I want to be the one to guide it to success. I want us to win rings, I want us to be sending people to the all star game regularly, I want us being the team everyone wants to be on, and most importantly, I want to be leading the charge. I want to be about done with my career, look back and see everything that I've helped built with such glee and nostalgia. I don't even care about anything to do with my own stats or my own chance to make the hall of fame. As long as we can win, and always be competitive, and become a place that's great for new people, I will be happy. So that's it. I want to be The Argonaut!

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Task 2:

This is a legacy piece for the player Peter larson, goalie and potential HoFer, the the user Tomasnz once everywhere now a little more laid back, has little legacy to report on.

Peter Larson is a fringe HoFer, he is already in the anchorage hall of fame and is one of the greatest junior goalies in that teams STHS history. As a SHL player Peter occupies that awkward transition between Sims, sths and fhm, reaching his peak just before the end of the sths era, and in the final season of sths having a career defining season, winning the cup, winning goalie of the year, being nominated for MVP, and winning the playoff MVP awards. Now with over 200 wins, and a second Goalie of the year in s56/57, Peter is on the cusp of a HoF induction. S60 only served to underscore the strength of his legacy, winning 15 games in 22 starts for the newly created Philadelphia Forge. Has he done enough to convince voters? Only time shall tell. But for now Peter is enjoying continuing to play his role as a back up goalie helping guild new players and defence man to better play. Even as he continues to age out of the league.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I feel that Luc will have a similar legacy to Phelps, a long career with lots of team success (hopefully), but probably not a ton of individual awards. I did manage to win a defensive D man trophy in juniors, which was pretty cool, I did not even realize I would be in the running for it. I also bagged a wjc silver, but no gold. Hopefully my IIHF career is more successful and I manage to get some SHL level cups in my time. I think getting Blouin to the HoF will just take perseverance, running at a top level for as long as I possibly can. Who knows, maybe I come away with some individual awards that will stand out and help my chances. All in all my main goal is to help my team win championships, so if I can do that I will be happy with what I accomplished as a player.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]