Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Dual PT announcement: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119074

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- A lot of strange things have been happening in the SHL, regarding drugs, player pages, and locker room bathrooms. And this day is as strange as any other. You wake up to the strange pill man from PT 2 looming over you. How the fuck did you get in my bedroom? You don't have time to ask, as in a thick Eastern European accent, he thunders "Hockey player, I come not with pills or beans, but opportunity. The Hall of Fame can be yours, if you drink this". He holds out a fanta bottle with the label ripped off. You can tell its fanta because of the unmistakable orange hue. "You can design your own legacy with just one sip."

Tons of players wish for the opportunity to cement their own legacy and create their own path in the history books of the SHL. Do you take it?

Written Task: Do you take the drink, and guarantee your spot in the Hall of Fame? If you do, what legacy do you choose? How many cups will you win? How many awards? Do you break any records? Design your own induction listing your accomplishments, and flash forward to that amazing day where your name is cemented in SHL history. (150+ words)

Conversely, do you refuse? Would you rather rely on your established legacy? Or your confidence to create a hall of fame career? Explain how and why you turn the man down, and how you boot him from your home.

Graphic Task: Depict your Hall of Fame banner. What teams did you play for? What accomplishments adorn your spot in the rafters? Design a banner for your current player and add 3 accomplishments to it.

OR

Depict your player removing the strange pill man from your room.

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a graphic listing your current accomplishments OR ones you hope to be remembered by. You are role-playing your retirement so feel free to pretend you have accomplishments you might not have yet, even going outside the realm of possibility (11 straight cup wins). At least 5 stats/awards/other things must be listed.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, September 26st at 11:59 CST.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

PP pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Like any ambitious young professional hockey player, Vaseline Podcalzone would foolishly take the Fanta, unaware that it's probably juiced with steroids, somehow turning him into the greatest player there ever was.

Podcalzone would then light up the SHL as some insane pure scorer averaging over a goal a game. He'd attend every all-star game, he'd win the cup a handful of times (despite the fact that micool is going to win the cup), and win a bunch of personal awards to the point where if someone decided to joke around with their awards predictions and put Podcalzone for everything, they'd probably get full marks (yes, even for those goalie awards, because this Fanta is literally the nectar of the gods or something like that).

Anyhow, once that's done, the argument for if Podcalzone is the greatest hockey player of all-time would certainly lean more towards "yes". Granted, this is just a fantasy that Pod thinks of while passed out on the team flight to Chicago, and in reality he's just a regular ole SHLer with no godlike abilities.

WC: 186

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Mine is gonna be the lamest post on here, but it is going to be a truthful one. I want my legacy to be that no matter how late you draft and how crap you start your simulation league journey, you can still have a lot of fun and meet a lot of great people. I may never break any records or be remembered for anything amazing, but having a decent career after being the last pick in a draft that was your second go around has got to count for something. Plus I scored a hat trick for teams United States in my last year of juniors. I scored the first goal of this season for the North Stars, and I have stayed active despite how terrible I am as a player. Two seasons in a row I am the only minus player. How does that even happen? So yes, I Luffy Richard am still here, still posting, and still playing, and all of you mercy draft picks can follow in my foot steps!

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Prompt 2

Now then, a legacy? This is a big old question, considering I am midway through my rookie season in the SHL. I’m fully aware I’m already behind the curve, TPE wise, and although my ratings aren’t great, my point scoring is a lot better than I imagined, including a hatty! I wonder how many other rookie d-men have scored a hat trick? That could definitely be part of my legacy, I’ll hold onto it for the next 10+ seasons! 
Outside of this, I feel like maybe my legacy will be as a (hopefully) solid enough defenseman, maybe not a top pair guy , probably not a top pair guy. But a bottom 6 blueliner who can chip in on special teams (not to brag, but I also have the only short handed goal on the Seattle roster this season) I think would be enough to keep me in the league, providing some use to my team, hopefully in Seattle but who knows? Bang average I think would be a fitting epitaph to my career!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Prompt 1

This was practically the easiest decision of Kev's life. He takes one sip of the drink and then immediately marches to the front offices of the SHL headquarters to announce his retirement. After having played only four mediocre seasons in the J league and three lacklustre seasons in the main league, nobody really bats an eye at this particular player's retirement. Flash forward multiple seasons to S75 and some of Kevens' fellow draft class members are being inducted into the hall of fame. After some very long and very successful careers, these players have definitely earned their spot. With the induction ceremony wrapping up, there is one more player that still needs to be inducted. Kev Kevens is announced as the final inductee and the crowd falls silent. Who is that? The announcer lists all the accomplishments of Kev's short career: "One Four Star Cup!" followed by silence. That seems to be his only accomplishment. "The committee was absolutely inspired by his wonderful career and he's absolutely earned this spot!". Kevens goes down in history as the most confusing player to be inducted into the hall. Nobody knows for sure why the hall of fame committee decided to allow such an average player into the history books, but at the same time everyone sort of agrees with the decision for some strange reason.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

At this point in time I choose to believe the legacy I have built over the four real life years on the site has been that of an above average general manager.

I have over my time as manager of the Blizzard both taken an established roster and obliterated the single season STHS 50 game season record for most points by a single team, as well as built my own roster after an implosion and rode it to what most people would call a fluke of a victory, but ultimately I won and nothing else matters in that scenario.

I think I will eventually build a legacy with the latest version of Conner Tanner as a player though, I have left my post as a manager and this has brought me a refurbished outlook on the simulations as a whole. I want to hit 2,000 TPE for the first time with any of my players, though I have been on pace for that with each, and eventually I would just give up. I want to leave a legacy of the Tanner name, in which I can say I left it all on the ice and became a Hall of fame player.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

[Image: Rq5AyDN.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

"The Hall of Fame is already mine" Petr says to the weird pill man and he lifts him with one hand. "I'm already fated for greatness, for it is why I was created: to be the perfect hockey player. You see, my legacy is already designed, by minds much brighter than yours and with the weight of a nation behind me, I will make it so. My legacy is mine and mine alone and my victory is guaranteed. Cups do not matter, but I will be a successful player in the SMJHL and SHL. I will win whatever awards come my way as I outperform my opponents, but any victories that occur in SMJHL and SHL jerseys are but a prelude. No matter how many goals I score, awards I win, records I break, my thirst for gold cannot be quenched. It is in my blood, my DNA. I will achieve my legacy, and you are getting annoying, old man, for failing to recognize this after your bean episode. I will stand on a podium above all others, alongside my brothers and sisters, as Kde domov můj rings out across the world."

"All that being said, I will take a sip ... cuz I like Fanta and no other reason."

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Prompt 1

While the siren song of a guaranteed Hall of Fame career would be hard to resist, I would refuse the magical drink offered to me by this strange purveyor of pills. Miguel’s career will stand on its own merits, or I would find it hard to sleep at night. I am confident that Miguel already has the potential to get into the Hall without magic potions. While Miguel’s rookie season isn’t anything to write home about, he has shown a lot of potential, including a hat trick. I’d love for Miguel to win cups and scoring titles and all the glory that comes with it, but not at the loss of self-respect from drinking strange brews offered by mysterious men. The mystery man would be unceremoniously booted from Miguel’s home, with a warning not to return. Miguel will confidently bet on his own abilities and skills. If he gets into the Hall of Fame it won’t be by cheating. Also, Miguel doesn’t like Orange Fanta so there’s that.

168 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Bork Lazer has put worse things in his mouth in his time being alive so some weird guy with a fanta bottle wouldn't deter him from the possibility of hall of Fame. I think it's safe to say by now that bork lazer doesn't play the way that most people in this league do that would be going for the Hall of Fame he's not a points guy it's not an offensive standout he's there to play a role to be a defensive player and help his team win he got to championships with the Hamilton Steel Hawks now it's him being the best player in leader he can for Philadelphia Forge now with a guaranteed Hall of Fame drink of course he would take it He's going to still go out and do what he can as a defensive monster racking up hits blocking shots taking the puck away stopping offenses from scoring on his team.

[Image: lazer2.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Kayden takes the drink too guarantee his spot in the Hall of Fame. The legacy Kayden lived in this vivied dream. He won 2 back too back SMJHL cups with the Quebec Cittadelles Greyson Cooper was the first player to take him all they way and the next season him and his bestfriend Joe Burrow grinded there way too a second title with Kayden Pale winning the MVP after playing an amazing offensive defenseman game
After that Kayden was Called up too the wolfpack team and his a living dream for the team stepping up into the D3 roll
and owning the spotlight once he makes it there in his dream he goes 3 long years without a playoff spot and in the 4th season they sneak by in the last postion too make playoffs but the team is pumped and take out the #1 team in the leauge in an amazing series by this underdog team... this is when Kayden woke up too find it was only a dream

Quote:
Citadelles

Prompt 2: I want to be a player that will be remembered for what they do both on the ice and in the communities of the city or cities where I will end up playing. My primary goal is to be a feared sniper who is a tread to score on every shot, which means in the end I would like to be remembered for the number of goals I will score throughout my career. Adding to this, I would like to win the Jay McDonald Trophy multiple times during my career. Also, I would like to be clutch enough to have one of my goals remembered for a long time hopeful because it clinched my team a championship. In the community, I would like to be remembered for my kindness and how helpful I was to all the fans who ask for my time or for my helps. I would like to be remembered as the main link between my teams and the fans.

165 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

[Image: 0paTpt4.png]

Career Regular Season Stats:
GP: 897 | G: 319 | A: 376 | P: 695 | +/-: +23 | PIM: 128 | HIT: 1281 | SB: 1077

Career Awards:
2x All-Star Team (S60, S62)
1x Challenge Cup (S63)
3x Jeff Dar Nominee (S62, S63, S67)
1x Jeff Dar Winner (S63)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!