Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Not sure about whether my player has what it takes to make the cut for Hall of Fame. Sure, he might be in the Hall of Great, close to Hall of Fame, but we will have to see. It will be incredible to reach hall of fame because I haven’t been able to reach that pedigree across the three big sim leagues. Maybe he’ll end up in the hall of greats, bordering hall of fame, and I’ll hang my hat on that. It wouldn’t be the worst, because we have made a lot of great memories along the way. My goal was always a championship. I am glad to have one of those under my belt at the peak of my career. There’s a lot left to accomplish and maybe push the needle toward the hall of fame. That’s something we will have to see as time goes on. The career is unfolding and the legacy is writing itself.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I have always intended to be a Hall of Fame player from the start. I know you don't have direct control over this so I wanted to do the best with what I could do: earn as much TPE as possible. So far my career has been pretty good. I'm closing in on being a PPG player, All Rookie team, S60 Assists leader and Challenge Cup. But I didn't want pretty good. That's not the GOAT Hall of Fame player I wanted. Luckily this isn't my peak season yet and I have a good shot at making some records for the next few seasons before big regression starts hammering my tpe. That said I will do everything in my power to make this player memorable and force my way into the Hall if necessary. I've always said I'd like to stick around as long as possible. Even if I don't get individual awards like I wanted, I've got a cup, and I can make some career records if I stick around long enough. Either way I'm determined to make Harrington a long remembered name in the SHL.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

PT Pass

Prompt 2

When Adrik Baranov's career began, I envisioned him as the second coming of Roy Razin, a hall of fame player. A player that left an indelible mark on his team. That hasn't happened, it's not even close to happening. Stuck on terrible teams and left behind when everyone else jumped ship to better boats. He's without any kind of support or even power-play time; it looks like Adrik Baranov's career is going to end up as a mediocre top pairing defender on some of the worst teams that the league has ever seen. However, his career isn't over yet!

The way I envision it now is not the phenom career that I expected before but now one of redemption. Yes, things are bad now but that will make it only that much sweeter when they get better. Finishing out this contract, moving forward and finding a team and niche for himself. Getting his career going and finishing out as strong as possible. Not all players can just go from zero to a hundred in a few seasons flat, sometimes it's a long journey to get there and as long as Adrik keeps training, he'll make it eventually. He might not end up in the Hall of Fame (You never know though!) but I foresee him finishing strong as one of the better offensive defenceman in the league at the very least.

231 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

[Image: grwkMPf.png]

Career Awards:
2x First Team All-Star (S65, S68)
1x Second Team All-Star (S62)
2x Third Team All-Star (S63, S70)
2x Challenge Cup Champion (S65, S68)
2x Mathias Chouinard Trophy (S65, S68)
1x President's Trophy (S65)
1x Turd Ferguson Winner (S62)
1x Ron Mexico Nominee (S65)
1x Bojo Biscuit Winner (S65)
1x Scott Stevens Winner (S65)
1x Aidan Richan Winner (S65)
1x Sarmad Khan Nominee (S65)
1x Anton Razov Winner (S65)

Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)

I don't know how likely it is to happen, but I'm hoping I will be remembered as the oldest player ever to win the rookie of the year award. I have not played a game in SHL yet, but I'm earning TPE. Even if some of the TPE will be taken away, for whatever ''free agent'' rules that are out there for point tasks and earning tpe, I will still be a solid player. Even more so when I keep earning more TPE in the future. If and hopefully when I will make my debut in SHL someday, I will have significantly higher TPE total than most rookies. I'm not expecting to run away with the rookie of the year award, but I have to be one of the favorites purely because I have so much TPE.

There might really small, something like 1%, chance that any of that will happen, but even the 1% brings me joy. How often do you get to do something ''new'' in these simulation leagues? There have been so many players, good and bad, that it's almost impossible to come up with anything truly memorable.

Otherwise, my legacy is already written.

I think my personal legacy on this site will not be one of greatness or extreme accomplishments, but most likely that of a solid consistent user that attempts to to always be a positive presence on what ever team I am on. My players will likely always be mid tier TPE wise, but will be solid contributors to what ever roster chooses to play them. Being a solid locker room presence for any organization is my main goal. I will always be able to say that I did win at least one award though and that was my Aidan Richan in season 60 meaning that no matter what my legacy on the site turns out to be, I will be part of the sites history as long as that award is still presented every season. Overall I would say that I am very content if that is what my legacy amounts to over all my players on the site.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Prompt 2! Since Alex has already entered regression, a lot of his legacy has already been written. He was more successful in the J, winning a cup and defenseman of the year. As he has been the veteran presence for all the young folks during the Pride's great rebuild, he doesn't have the championships and awards of some (though it's an honor to be nominated). So at this point I'm hopeful that Alex's legacy is that of being a great teammate, an excellent locker room presence, and on the ice someone who does what it takes to help his team win. He's not the type who is going for the glory or the stats, so it makes sense that he'll be overlooked in some conversations. However, I hope his teammates look at him as a friend, someone they respect, and probably someone who's been criminally underrated during his SHL career. That being said, there's still a few seasons left to expand on things and maybe we'll add a championship or something. That would be nice. (175 words.)

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Code:
Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)

My goals have evolved over the years I've been here and so far I've been able to accomplish most if not all of them. With my first player I was disappointed I was unable to win any individual hardware, or even make an all-star team, but fortunately I was able to achieve both of those goals with my second skater. Cups wise I was able to fortunately be on 3 winning teams across both players which has been an absolute treat. It could've easily been more, but sadly we ran in to some juggernauts over the years. As a GM I wanted to rite the ship and win a cup and after 13 seasons at the helm I was able to do both, set up the Blizzard nicely for the next guy and even win a bit of hardware along the way. There's not much left, but two things I'd still like to achieve with this player is another BIG season and some hardware before I ultimately retire to help convince the hall I'm worthy. For my NEXT player, I want a 4 Star cup. In 4 seasons in the J I have yet to win one. I came so close the one year too getting to game 7 in the finals. Knights

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Prompt 2 (not cause I dont like prompt 1, but because I want to talk about my guy in terms of #2)

Up until this point, Reid hasn't had the best legacy. His highlights were probably in the J, where he topped out at 40 points in 50 games, but maybe more importantly was part of the dominant s53 Detroit Falcons who ran the table in S53, winning the cup along the way. Reid also won the Zach Miller award for most dedicated, so that is a nice legacy as well, although less so since I found out it was named after JayPee. In terms of SHL legacy, Reid has had a slow start to his career - scoring modest numbers until S60, when he put up 60 points, finally living up to the hype. He continued to build in S61, with 62 points in 60 games thus far, really hoping to get to a ppg player. Reid is a pass first player, so will likely earn his stripes as a playmaker. More importantly, he has transitioned to becoming a two way force, taking pride in being a two way player. His positive corsi, GA/TK ratio, and defensive ratings mean he is doing his job down the center. Ideally, Reid would start competing for some Jeff Dar awards, although he might need to work on his PK time and hitting to truly get top votes. He is hoping for a nomination, but we will have to see how things pan out. Ideally at the end of it, Reid puts up ppg ish numbers for his prime, and continues to hold his own as he is the vet on Seattle and they are competing for cups. This should allow him to get some good numbers, including maybe a few Dar nominations/wins. This should let him maybe even get a sniff at the HOF in a weak year.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

PROMPT 1

I definitely have to think about it for a moment. I mean, a guaranteed Hall of Fame is pretty sweet... but ultimately, it isn't worth it. If I was in the Hall of Fame, I would want it to be because I EARNED it. If I'm in the Hall of Fame but I essentially bought my way there, it has no meaning. The part that makes the Hall of Fame so special is that it's restricted. So, I would refuse. I have faith in myself to create a Hall of Fame career. Not just that, but I have faith in my team. We are building something pretty dope at Texas and I hope there are more trophies in the near future. But, if there aren't, that's okay. Winning and trophies are not the only way to define success. Just like not being in the Hall of Fame doesn't mean you had a bad career. So, I take the bottle of Fanta and pretend to drink it so the weird man goes away. 

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

First prompt:

I choose not to take a sip of the hall-of-fanta soda. I would really like for Julio to make the hall, but I fear that his playing career hasn't been as illustrious as it needs to be in order to be canonized. A lot of build decisions were made to have Julio follow the footsteps of previously inducted members, but I don't believe Julio has established himself as one of the greats. I would like to take the sip, but taking the sip waters / fantas down the accomplishments of everyone else there. if everyone is special, then no one is.

maybe if i could just sneak a tiny sip, and gargle it before spitting it onto my bedroom carpet to show the hockey gods that i knew better all along, but then they're impressed by the lesson that i learned and they let me into the hall of fame. if that happened, my speech would just be shootouts to the s47 class and my blizzard homies. i would suggest that the hall offer a "hockey cow" experience, where you have to skate with an extra hundred pounds tied to you, and then pump milk in between periods.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Prompt 2

I think the overall Legacy of my player is and I'm going to probably be an okay player I'm not going to be in the upper echelon with Greyson Cooper  but I am going to be one of those players that can get stuff done if needed in crunch time I don't see myself being a Top Line type player I'll probably end up spending most of my career sitting  as a borderline second line player the more  then likely all spend most of my time on the third line where I can contribute a little bit and then go out and hit the other team's good players when we match up against them and that's fine with me being at this point because this is kind of what I wanted to do I wanted to be a role player type player instead of trying to make my player to be the next Wayne Gretzky.  Granted my player will probably think that he was a better player than he actually was.

Code:
171 Words

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

I don't know if I'm trying to build any specific legacy.  I'd like to be thought of as a person who did my part to make the league a better place.  Weather that be through my work with any of my teams or league management or just my attitude when I interact with people.  I like to be helpful when I can.  How my player does isn't on the top of my priority list honesty.  Having a super successful player would be cool and fun but i'll have to wait for my recreate to try that.  I think Twist's retirement post will be met with some love from my former teammates and friends I've made in Atlanta and Chicago.  And of course my juniors boys on the Zerks.  I plan to be in the league for a long time so leaving permanently isn't anywhere in my mind right now.  I just hope I don't bit off more than I can chew and make a fool out of myself.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]