Create Account

S61 Championship Week

milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117149 +3 TPE

2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

Moment in SHL history to change is simple: Charlie Serpe refraining from being a fucking idiot and possibly tanking a future New Orleans dynasty by publically bashing teammate Mitchell van der Heijden for no apparent reason. This, of course, led to van der Heijden's trade to the New England Wolfpack for Boris Poroshenko and Rex Kirkby. In this case, it never happens; with a growing van der Heijden scoring 35 points, New Orleans again makes the finals, but instead of losing to the Stampede, van der Heijden's playoff ability from the prior season comes back and the Specters win in 7, going back to back. Obviously, this would impact New Orleans dramatically beyond this as losing their best young player never happens; the Specters never enter their current rebuild and players like Mika Mayfield, Bork Lazer, and Keith Lee would remain as Specters. It's easy to envision them as a continual playoff presence rather than a bottomfeeder, and this means that Chicago and Texas would have major competition in the West.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

I'm going with an off the board pick in regards to a class that's had an impact in a negative way (despite the stars it's produced at the top of its class) and that is S52. I almost went for my class of S51, which only has 12 active players right now, but S52 is even worse. Yes, it's given us talents like Cal Labovitch, Sven Yxskaft, Rhys Pritchard, Adam Scianna, and Strom Chamberlain. But, and this is a major but, those players alone make up half of the actives from this class. This class is about to enter regression with TEN ACTIVE PLAYERS. The Season Fifty Two Simulation Hockey League Draft Class is an exhibition in how bad a class can be where only 10 players are active and 14 are on SHL rosters at the time I'm writing this. This is how not to impact the league: barely have anyone active in the first place. Arguably, in terms of actives, the worst class ever.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

A biopic of Mitchell van der Heijden's career is reportedly being made soon, and will likely be based around and including the following things:
S50: van der Heijden is drafted 11th by the Anchorage Armada in the SMJHL, and makes a run for ROTY.
S51: Anchorage, with van der Heijden, who was selected 13th overall by the New Orleans Specters in the SHL draft as one of their stars, wins the Four Star Cup. His beloved Switzerland makes a surprise run to the Gold Medal Game where they lose to the USA.
S53: van der Heijden, now captain of the Armada, wins the Ideen Fallah Award as SMJHL MVP.
S54: as a rookie, van der Heijden scores the Challenge Cup winning goal as the Specters sweep the Hamilton Steelhawks. Despite this, conflict with a teammate leads the rookie to question his future on the team.
S55: van der Heijden is traded to the New England Wolfpack, where he gets an opportunity to join a rebuilding team with a bright future.
S58: van der Heijden is traded to the Hamilton Steelhawks and has his best career season following a disappointing three years with New England where van der Heijden's lack of maturity gets in his own way. He helps the Steelhawks win the Challenge Cup against the Buffalo Stampede in 5 games.
S60: van der Heijden leads the SHL in goals (scoring the most in SHL history) and points, winning MVP.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
Honestly, if we're looking at who had the closest series of them all, it would be Texas, who needed 7 games to get past the Chicago Syndicate. Hamilton never looked shaky in the yoffs while the Renegades needed to overcome the toughest opponent either team had all playoffs in a Syndicate team who were just as good as Texas in the regular season.
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
I think Hamilton's sustained success is much more impressive as they've been able to keep the team together for the most part, and when their old guys leave or retire (Lagerfield, Scarn before he came back, Phelps, Jones) they being in new guys to fill in (Maple, Scott, van der Heijden)
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
A renegade is an outlaw/fugitive, specifically from the American South, characterized by his heavy accent and love of revolvers and bandanas. A steelhawk is a genetically created hawk who is made out of steel, hence the name. He is only found in Hamilton, where the steelhawk was created, hence why the Steelhawks are Hamilton's team.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
Hamilton's best ever player is the one, the only, Aaron Wilson. While noted one-team man Robert Phelps deserves a mention as he just racked up points across his decorated Steelhawks career, Aaron Wilson has been just as consistent, if not more, and just broke the SHL single season points record by scoring 104 points while being balls deep in regression. Just a massive stud who's been balling his entire career.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 04:10 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
PT Affiliation, 3 TPE
PBE PT

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Someone say something about a verification word? Victor Helstrom

Code:
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)
I think one moment in history that would be cool to change would be the archetype changes when we switched to FHM. Instead of making it a free for all I think it would have been really cool for there to be new archetypes. Keep sniper, grinder, power forward, offensive forward, etc. but have minimums and maximums for each archetype. That way you can have people play as snipers without being overpowered and defensive forwards that are actually useful as shutdown players. I think this would have been huge for one big reason, it would stop super teams from forming. There isn't room on every team for 16 snipers. Players would have to choose their role and play it which means either you change your arch or have to get traded to a team that needs your role. That in turn means the super teams (Buffalo and Hamilton) would have to rebuild sooner because they can't stay at the top. That alone could be enough for the league expand more too. (171 words)

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
a.) I think Hamilton had the harder path to the finals simply because they had to play against Buffalo in the 2nd round. EDM and SFP were total pushovers for TEX and CHI is way past their prime. At least HAM had to go up against an actually good #1 seed in their 2nd round. Seems like there isn't a ton of competition in the west.
b.) I think finishing the rebuild is more impressive. Finishing a rebuild is really hard because good players end up wanting to leave to play for the already good teams before it's over. Staying good is obviously still an achievement but when you have players coming to you in FA that's a big help.
c.) A renegade is a person who betrays the group they claim to be a part of. I think it generally has to do with the military or some sort of armed conflict, kind of like a rebel. A steelhawk is a hawk that is made of steel. I have no clue who Victor Helstrom is though.
d.) In my opinion the best player to play for either team is Michael Scarn. Scarn spent the bulk of his career with Buffalo and then went to Hamilton in free agency. He's been one of best players in the entire SHL's history and his career isn't even over yet. He's the gold standard for power forwards in the league that all power forwards should model their game after.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones +2 TPE

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.
I think in general the way that you're doing things right now are great. I don't like all of the PTs that you come up with (the pill one was probably my least favorite) but at least what you post is actually interesting stuff for us to write about. I seriously doubt someone else would have come up with that PT so despite it being my least favorite I still recognize that it was an interesting new idea. I want to see more of that. In the minors it's fun to write about your player and flesh out their background and career goals. When you've been in the SHL for almost 30 seasons it's nice at some point to start writing about new and random stuff. Keep doing what you're doing!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 10:16 PM by Festinator.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Wheeler, Victor Helstrom

You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

Okay okay, so Jonas is obviously going to be the start of the show and it will be a docuseries, not a movie. The first episode will capture the days leading up to the draft and the drama as both carolina and newfoundland spar to draft the young talented German defenceman. The second episode will be about the first season in Newfoundland where Jonas is a rookie and contributes to the run leading to Newfoundlands first four star cup in team history and his nomination for rookie of the season, where he unfortunately lost out to Rock Strongo. 3rd episode will feature his last 2 seasons in Newfoundland ending with his dominant final season in which he won the defenceman of the year award. 5th and 6th will cover his time in LAP, becoming a strong offensive dman. The other cast members will include everyone on the s56 newfoundland team, with clean andrei playing every antgonist that Jonas has met along the way.

I am going to say that Hamilton had the harder path but Texas by having 2 series sweep completed the more difficult feat. Hamilton may have faced more difficult teams, yes, but it is just so hard to stay perfect and not make any mistakes, and that is why I believe that Texas had the more impressive accomplishment.

I think that to me, the more impressive accomplishment is to turn things around and become one of the top teams in the league. Once you get to the top, it is easy to stay there, as all of the great lakes division have shown. Maybe not easy but at least easier with good GMing. Teams like Hamilton and Buffalo have been good for an insanely long amount of time. 

Well, a renegade is an outcast or outlaw I think. A steelhawk may be in reference to a metal/bird pokemon type, such as the pokemon Skarmory. When I think of a steelhawk, I think of a skarmory and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one with this line of thinking. As for Victor Helstrom, I am not sure who he is to be completely honest. Maybe he was both.

I don't know much about history so I will name the best player to play on each team in recent history. I think for Hamilton the best player recently has been Aaron Wilson. He has been a consistent performer for them for god knows how long. As for Texas, I think it has been Andreas Kvalheim. He is falling off now but was a massive part of the team before they became competitive.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

I do not know if I would go as far as to say this is an issue that needs to be fixed. I certainly think that having the same few teams in the finals year after year after year gets boring after a while, but I also think it kind of increases the challenge and excitement of players of others teams, as they all want to be the giant killers and they all want to be on the team that eventually supplants one of those giants. Unfortunately, it seems like some teams like Hamilton have quite simply just "figured it out" and don't plan on struggling or going through any type of rebuild any time soon, but that does not necessarily mean that other teams cannot become just as good as them. I think it is less that those top teams need to come down and more that the rest may need to just reach their level. But i could also be wrong. 

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Task #3 - 3TPE
From my perspective, the draft class with the most impact on the long run is the S57 draft class. In the S57 class we have so many recreates and also returning members, and by that sole aspect the S57 class is superior in comparison to everyone else. The depth, the versatility and the consistency this draft class is able to put out is out of the roof, whilst being labeled as "one of the most weak draft classes ever"
You may ask why, and you certainly may. This draft class happens to be my own draft class as well, which has very much versatility in players (goalie, defender, forward) as well as versatility in every role which the player plays, meaning that no matter which player you would have picked from the S57 draft class, you would have drafted yourself a very impactful player on the long run. By long run meaning here that we, the players from class of 57, have not peaked even slightest yet.

Task #4 - 3TPE
If there were ever to be created a film about Luukas Lilja's career so far, the opening sequence has already been set in stone. We all know that Lilja debuted in S60 of the Simulation Hockey League, and that is why the opening sequence would include old-school style black and white footage, up until a certain point. Lilja would also be narrating himself in his own movie, because nobody knows this bastard like he knows himself.

Opening sequence, Lilja starts to talk about his hockey career so far up until the SMJHL point, in which after there is a few highlights included about his time in the Carolina Kraken. Black and white, still. After showing a devastating image of Lilja's last playoff game with Carolina, a quick cutout to next scene where he is shown getting prepared for his game with the Calgary Dragons. Fast forward a few highlights into his SHL career, until we show up Lilja's first goal in the SHL, with the following narration: "Up until then I did not know where I belong, but after that, I knew immediately" - boom, slapshot, Lilja's first SHL goal is shown, colors turn up, end of opening sequence

Task #6 - 4TPE
A) We do have a clear winner here in the form of the Hamilton Steelhawks. In comparison to the Texas Renegades, Hamilton actually faced 2 tough as nails teams (Buffalo and Baltimore) where as Texas only faced one (Chicago). Despite only dropping a total of 3 games against those 2 great teams, it does not make it any lesser that they were far better opponents than what Texas had themselves

B) I think retooling every season is easy, if you have experience. But if you do not have the experience, you might fall down quite hard, which the Renegades did in the S53 era. This is why I value a succesful rebuild more, because it involves more work with drafting, trading and socializing with players in general so that they would stick around and not jump out after their first one of two contracts.

C) A renegade of considered a player who is playing for the Texas Renegades of the Simulation Hockey League. A steelhawk is considered a player who is playing for the Hamilton Steelhawks from the same league. And Victor Helstrom, who I have no idea about, is probably a player who happens to be both? From the old ages? I dont know, and I probably should know.

D) Best player from Texas? Andreas Kvalheim for sure. He has been there for a long time and has certainly made a name for himself being. From the notorious 9 win season in S53 to winning a cup, he has been there for the ups and downs, hence why he is the greatest Renegade. From Hamilton, the multimillionaire probably the top-5 player of the SHL, Theo Morgan. I have no idea how many cups this guy has, but probably more than I can count or even score goals in a season. First player to reach 100 points in a season tells a lot from this guy

Task #11A - 2TPE
Yeah, congrats to Hamilton for yet another trophy. Impressive performance in the finals though, sweeping the 2nd best team in the league this season is never an easy task. My vote for the most valuable player in the playoffs goes to Hamilton's Theo Morgan. With 26 points, including 11 goals and 15 assists, he takes the cake for most points in playoffs, and he did that in just 19 total games for a total of 1.37 points per game. Even if he has 14 seasons down under his belt, adding a few seasons if regression to it, he is still proving himself to be one of the best forwards this league has ever seen

Task #15 - 2TPE
I dont think there will be many surprises this season, other than the fact that Japan will be on the downslide this season. In my opinion their last few medals were just luck on top of luck on top of luck, and we all know luck will eventually come to an end.
My team, Switzerland, will probably be on the downside too, but its fine since we have so many great players performing in DACH in the WJC's that our future is set.
Finland and Great Britain are my go-to's for finals this season. USA maybe a solid 3rd candidate, but Canada? never. They suck

Task #21 - 2TPE
First, for what I am grateful for is that we have a new head with you. Second, Im very glad that the point tasks last few seasons have been adventurous and overall fun to do, but we all know that during the preseason and during the postseason there is little to no stuff to do on the site other than watch the games live whenever you can (which for us europeans is just impossible) which is why I would love for you guys to come up with some sort of activity for postseason. The preseason boredom problem is just solved by adding a few for the fun of it tasks that are worth something.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

10-08-2021, 03:37 PMKalakar Wrote: GET IN HERE @golden_apricot @Tomen @Rich @TheSparkyDee @KenitohMenara @Pythonic @Evok @Air Crou

I don't know who else has a cw pass tbh but let's go us

PT Pass!
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 06:42 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

CueBestC

Jay Cue definitely has a career in Hollywood, outside of hockey. So no need to imagine anything.
His next hockey movie will be a blockbuster in 3 parts, starting on his minors career, showing his struggles to get to the league, making himself known to coaches and General Managers, and eventually getting his chance in Portland, with the Maine Timber. His first season was a bit underwhelming, with his competitive adaptation to the game taking a bit longer than expected and so, but by the end of his first season everyone could already see he had a great chance of success.
His second season affirmed exactly that, with Cue becoming one of Timbers top players, scoring and assisting a lot more, and while his team missed the playoffs due to some bullshit about "FHM playoff setups", that just gave him a lot more motivation coming into Part 3 of the story, which will be released soon.

(156 words)

a. Looking at the playoff results, mainly the finals, we have to say that the Texas Renegades had the toughest path to the final. Everyone knew Hamilton was going to get there anyway, so their path was just a mere disposing of teams in 4, 5 and 6 games, while the Renegades had to go to 1 nail biter in 7 games. (61 words)
b. I have to say that, while not an easy task, everyone could go from nothing and become great. It is way harder to get there and then stay at that point for as long as the Steelhawks have. And the best part? There is absolutely no sign they are slowing down. No complacency at all, just a desire to keep winning. (61 words)
c. I have no idea what a renegade is, or a steelhawk, or who Hellstrom is and why he shows up on the form. But considering they drafted me last season, i decided to go into google and check it, and lets just say that Hamilton probably has a few amusement rides called Steelhawk. Which is kind of fun to think about.
Am i wrong about this? No idea. (68 words)
d.It is really hard to look into Hamiltons roster and think their best players ever are not there right now. And especially when you look into Mitchell van der Heijden numbers. The center had a giant season last year with over 100 points, followed by another big one this time, with 84, he is probably one of the best centers ever to grace this league and the Steelhawks. (68 words)

There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

Looking from the outside, it obviously seems a bit strange and "unfair" that in 8 seasons, only 5 different teams made it to the finals. Is this a bad thing really? Well, in my opinion, yes and no.
It can definitely be a bad thing if we get the so called users looking for a championship run. This means that every good player wants to leave their current teams in free agency to try and sign for a ring contender, meaning that good players flock to the same teams over and over again, making them stronger for longer, while weakening the rest of the league. Comes with the status, just look at the NFL with Tampa Bay.
But it can also be a good thing, as it forces teams to try and get better, to change their tactics, their recruitment, their staff, whatever, to try and reach the heights of the so called "power 5".

(155 words)

20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

If i could bring any player from another sim league to play in the SHL, i would bring Jay Cue Sr., former Arizona Outlaws QB in the ISFL.
If you never heard of him before, the best way i can describe his skills is to make you think of a Prime Tom Brady, mixed with a Prime Johnny Manziel, mixed with a Prime Nathan Peterman, with a splash of "Pre-Lasik Surgery" Jameis Winston. See what i mean?
So, if this type of player came into the SHL, imagine the chaos. Him making great assists and scoring incredible goals in one play, but 5 seconds after he would hit is own team goalie, make a bad pass and see the opposing team scoring on them. Classic Cue. The best part is that this tendency would only increase with his TPE going higher, to reach maximum memes at around 1500 TPE or something.
He would still be a legend though.

(158 words)

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 08:44 AM by takethehorizon.)

Code:

Victor Helstrom
Verification Word: Moisty
TPE - 3

Code:

Hollywood is contacting Texas goaltender, Cillian Kavanagh and is asking to do a movie surrounding his career. The cast would of course feature a big box office male lead such as Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds or Brad Pitt to star as Cillian Kavanagh. The first 20 or so minutes of the film would show Cillian growing up in Ireland and his journey into becoming a professional hockey goaltender. Then the middle portion of the movie would be the difficult times Cillian experienced in Kelowna losing twice in the Finals. He would then have some other problem such as drinking or drugs that would spiral him downwards and make the the audience believe his career is over. Then, Cillian would either meet a girl or have a life changing experience that would allow him to rebound from these awful loses and rise up as a better goaltender and turn his life back around. The movie would then show Cillian on SFP and the troubles he faced with the organization before finding Texas. The movie would end with Cillian finally overcoming it all and winning the Challenge Cup as a starting goaltender in S59. 
Word Count: 192
TPE - 3

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well, the Finals are over and Hamilton comes on top over Texas in a sweeping fashion. The series MVP should be going to A. Jobin who only allowed Texas to score 6 goals in 4 games. Jobin was an absolute brick wall and the most he allowed in 4 games was 2 goals which happened twice in games 2 and 3. Jobin finished the playoffs with a record of 16-2-1, 1.51 GAA and a stellar .940 save percentage. Jobin also added 5 shutouts although none recorded in the Finals against Texas. Hamilton definitely had the fire power to win games without the amazing play of Jobin but the two combined proved to be enough for the Steelhawks to bring home the Challenge Cup in S61.
Word Count: 125
TPE - 2

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S61 Milestones +2 TPE

Code:
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

PT's have been great and much better than in previous seasons so well done. I used to dread doing PT posts regarding SHL history or having to write about other teams/players I wasn't familiar with. This was a huge turnoff to me who was a new user and had never belonged to any sim leagues prior. I like the idea of including more prompts for users to pick and choose depending on what they feel comfortable writing about. I've always like the prompts that allow you to be creative with your player (such as the movie prompt for example in this CW). This allows us to really think outside the box and create more story behind your fictional player which in the end makes it more believable. If you want to write about SHL history back in S20 be my guest - but having the option to be creative by giving us multiple prompts is the absolute way to go. Thank you again Slash for doing such a great job and allowing me to look forward to completing weekly PTs rather than dreading them.
Word Count: 184
TPE - 2

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Pills 150 words min
Love it or hate it, that Pill PT (PT 2) was wild and may I say, genius. You've partnered up with the weird trench coat pill guy to design your own pills, with powers and drawbacks to sell to your fellow SHLers! How do you go about this, do you make really good pills to help your team? Trick Hamilton into taking some really shitty pills with the promise of incredible powers? Or do what I did and make a bunch of insane pills and watch the league go absolutely crazy trying to make sense of what the fuck I'm even talking about? Or just make a bunch of jelly beans?

I would make a pill that would be taken by all players on Buffalo and Hamilton causing them all to regress into borderline 4th lines for SMJHL teams. Just kidding. I would like to make a pill to allow the SHL standings be more balanced out. This would be giving pills to players on better teams to decrease their ratings while making lower tier SHL teams to increase their abilities. This would make for a much more interesting season-long contention with more teams in the mix to make playoffs and have Cup pushes. Wouldn't it be fun if the #1 seeds didn't always come out on top every season?! I hear the top teams saying no and the bottom tier clubs yelling YES! Winnipeg would have just as good a shot winning the Cup in S62 as Hamilton and Texas. Manhattan would improve from winning 9 games to being able to beat top tier teams such as Texas, Baltimore and Buffalo. The Great Lakes division would possibly see Montreal above all! This would make for a more interesting regular season and playoffs! We'd have Cinderella stories of lower seeds making it to the Finals with the chance to win a Cup because of an insane playoff performance. That is what the SHL is lacking.
Word Count: 214
TPE - 3

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

I would love to have NJBadApple come back to the sim league and recreate! He was the first person on the forum I spoke to when he recruited me to Kelowna. We had great conversations about the current state of the SHL, my player build and my role on my first SMJHL team. He helped me drive my passion for the league and who knows - without him my not be as active as I am now. I want to at the very least extend a thank you to him for help and guidance he supplied my young player with when first starting out. He's truly a great guy and someone I miss having around.
Word Count: 114
TPE - 2

3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 17 Total TPE (16 TPE)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 09:42 AM by notoriousTRON.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Code:

apples +3 TPE

Code:

milestones +3 TPE

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

Is there any other answer to this besides McZ? First off, and most importantly, the dude brought all kinds of drama to the site, which like it or not, is great for engagement. I remember when I was new to the site, I was added to the Minnesota locker room for scouting purposes and their strategy to vet the rookies was to have McZ create these questionnaires about goodness knows what. I don't really even remember specifics except that I was confused by the broken English and random questions. I remember some of them were asking us about our personal favorite things about league history and I was like "dude I've been on this site for 3 weeks. I have no idea." If anything, his quizzes made me hope that Minny didn't draft me.
+2 TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

I have a player in PBE named Glyn Davies. He would be absolutely awful at hockey. For one thing, I picture him being pretty gangly as a fireball pitcher. Tall and slim. I don't really see how that kind of build would work well on the ice. His main asset is his arm, which obviously would do him little to no good in a sport where you can't pick up the puck.

As a whole, I think Rhys would fair better at baseball but he'd have to be a hitter. Maybe a 2nd baseman. He's got good agility and hand eye coordination. Perhaps he could be a passable if not below average player in PBE.

I will say, in my head cannon, Glyn and Rhys are second cousins on their mothers' side (they follow each other on twitter and occasionally interact) so surely there has been some crossover sport playing at family functions. But more than likely the settle on a neutral sport like Rugby or Football (soccer) so that one doesn't get clobbered by the other.

+3 TPE

Code:

I have some very mixed feelings about your PTs. I'll start with the good things: They're unique. Only slash would come up with some of these off the wall ideas about taking super pills to shit your pants every ten minutes. So some of them have been really fun to write about if I'm in the right headspace. Also, you've done a great job at having them out on time. I like to knock out PTs on Monday morning, so I hate when they're delayed and I have to carve out time later in the week.
On the other side of the coin, I'm a very RP type of sim league player. I like some realism in my sim league experience, so some of the off the wall PTs have either had me less interested in completing the PTs which led to me procrastinating doing them.
If I were your boss, I'd keep you on. Keep doing what you're doing man. My issues can also just be my issues. I think most users would disagree with me.
+2 TPE

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 10:57 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:

a. Hamilton definitely had the harder path. Beating Chicago was a tall order for Texas, but Buffalo and Baltimore were possibly the two best teams in the league aside from Hamilton and the Steelhawks managed to beat both of them handily. The East was generally a decent bit stronger than the West this season so it's not surprising. (57 words)

b. Both teams definitely deserve credit, but the rise of Texas between the start of the FHM era and now has been pretty incredible. Texas was a bit of a meme when I first joined the site and they are now pretty firmly a perennial top 5 team that won a cup recently and is consistently contending for one. (58 words)

c. Having looked up what a Steelhawk is in the past, I have genuinely no clue. The top result is for like a small business in Oshawa when I look it up and I doubt that's where the name originates from. I think it's just supposed to be a hawk covered in metal plating? Who knows. (55 words)

d. I'm going to go with Robert Phelps for a player I have played with in my career. He was for a long stretch the best player on Hamilton undisputed, and is one of the unquestionably best players of all time in the SHL. From the moment he was called up he was a consistently dominant force up top for the Steelhawks. (61 words)

Code:

Realistically the issue with parity is definitely one that is a problem, but it is not something that is going to just fix itself, at least timeline wise not anytime soon. The best change to make would probably be making regression way more strict. Regression should already be tightened more than it currently is because of the changes to the update scale, but overall harsher regression would help accelerate rebuilding teams getting to the level of the top teams. Regression is really something that needs a lot of work, because the first four seasons being 10% basically means it will just make your TPE level stagnate, and not actually go down. Another thing that could help would be shortening the length of seasons overall, so that turnaround periods for teams come by faster, and the status quo drags on for less time. Seasons being shorter would make the actual real life timeline for rebuilds way less daunting and more feasible for smaller teams trying to keep their players engaged. (169 words)

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Upswing (150 words min.)
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?

I think the Atlanta Inferno are a team that will start to push towards a bright future in the near future. A lot of their core is old and might not have much time left, but they still have a very good base of young players, and a locker room that makes them attractive to players both in the draft and in free agency. They will be a team to watch in the coming seasons for sure. When it comes to the next team to really chase the Cup in the near future, I think the Baltimore Platoon have a chance of being a team that can push for a finals spot, and potentially Tampa Bay too. They both took massive steps forward this season and still have a solid core of players that won't fall hard in TPE to regression for a while. From the West, I think Edmonton has a solid chance of contending a bit down the stretch because of all the top prospects they have. (169 words)

Code:

Bruhhh

Code:
Milestones

Milestones (3 TPE)

Total: 16 CW DONE

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 07:17 PM by Mooney.)

ISFL PT - 3 TPE
ISFL PT Username: PMoney

Code:

Code:
Moons

Code: 2 TPE

Code:

b. Greatness breeds greatness. A team like Hamilton being consistently on top definitely brings with it some perks of players wanting to play for the team and being a more attractive destination for FA. However if you asked any GM what their goals were to be, successful all the time would almost certainly be their answer and Hamilton have managed to achieve that.

c. A renegade is someone that rejects convention and law and treads their own path. Texas have gone down that road from a team a while back that wasn’t on top of the game to a premium contender. A steelhawk is a truly mythical creature. Presumably at the top of the food chain, being made of metal, the hawk looks down on challengers to its throne, just like Hamilton as a supreme franchise is always at the top of the game.

Victor Helstrom.

Code:

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site.

[Image: YoTXYsG.png]

12. Milestones 3 TPE
Link to S61 Milestones

Code:

Code:
What team on the outside looking in do you believe will be the next to break into the playoffs? What team will be the next new team to break into the finals (other than the core 4 listed in the above task)? Who seems to be building and earning at a rate that they will be a scary team in the future? We have already seen some successful rebuilds in Texas, Toronto, and Tampa, and some unsuccessful ones as well. Who is on the right track?
A team I believe will soon be challenging to make waves in the playoffs and become one of the teams in the finals is my team, the San Francisco Pride. While they went through a very rough rebuild and are still in some ways going through that, the base of the team and attitude towards building the team is an excellent one and the right mindset behind that building process is why we have a shot at making it into that big 4 and the finals. It was only a few seasons ago the team was mainly made up of inactive players and there wasn’t much hope for the future but HLO and Smith have really turned it around and for the last couple of seasons the team has been all actives. While there’s still a long way to go from having actives to being a finals team, the users added recently have been great and have really created a great culture in the team that users will want to continue. Eventually TPE will catch up but the hardest part is done.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 07:01 AM by GCool.)

Code:

Verification word: yummy
Victor Helstrom

Code:

I would love to, if only for a few extra seasons, flesh out the Killington timeline. I made a mistake by PM'ing an inactive player on the Buffalo Stampede, basically asking him to come back and then, once he came back, consider signing with Portland. The way it was handled in the community tribunal was a little rough, and it forced me to just retire. My punishment was very severe for the crime, in my opinion; it'd be one thing if I was trying to bring in a premier player outside of the free agency window, but I know in my heart that my messages to the guy were benign and I had no true intentions of making offers or anything until the time came. Regardless of all of that, if I simply sat out Season 28 - right after I won the Jeff Dar and Jay McDonald - and continued my career in Portland or elsewhere, I think I would have made a true impact as a power forward for many seasons in the SHL. Season 27 was my ... 5th? I started in S23 with the Montreal Impact. I was already winning awards. I feel like the possibilities were endless; unfortunately I let my emotions and the reactions from several hundred strangers get the best of me. Shoutout to JNH who bought my rights off of JP for a 4th round pick when I retired, and he sent me a heartfelt note about coming out of retirement and ultimately understood my decision. He's a real one.

Code:

Milestones Claim (3)

Code:

I think the switch to the new engine has sort of set this pattern in stone for the foreseeable future. Everybody enjoys FHM more because it does not foster complete randomness - especially in the playoffs - like STHS did. The STHS design is also much more simplistic, and there's much less nuance between skillsets. That means that, while it's more interesting to watch FHM games and build FHM players, it's much easier to build a winning model if you have enough bright minds working on it. There are clearly some teams that simply found a winning formula and have no problem pushing it to its absolute limits. There are a few teams that seem like they're building the same independent of the engine, and that's clearly a mistake. But the middle teams - the ones that would occasionally find luck and, therefore, momentum in the form of motivated draft picks and exciting FA signings - are completely lost in the static now. I'm not sure what changes, if any, need to be implemented; more rules would only change the spreadsheets and algorithms slightly for these guys who are making the game less fun for more casual teams who are still building with max TPE earning. But I suppose we can only hope that the top 2 lines on those teams retire eventually and a new team of 1900 TPE across the board will be around to take the Cup(s).

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back (100 words min.)

I want Gorlab back. I don't really care that he would cause absolute chaos from the perspective of most of the league. But with some S20 guys like Merica and Mook coming back, and Maxy always hanging around, Gorlab is the one huge missing piece from the era of "The Deplorables" of the late S20's. Gorlab got himself banned for getting fixated on picking on "Eggy12" and "The Pony Brigade". Did he earn his ban? Eh, I think so; he simply wouldn't cut it out after being asked by HO and the discipline committee multiple times. But there are probably plenty of people who would welcome some entertainment on the forum at this point, myself included. Most of the league has migrated to Discord and intermingles only amongst their teams and maybe some gamers. That's perfectly fine, but I miss some forum interactions! I think he'd lead a perhaps too incendiary charge toward different styles of discourse. My over/under I'd set for him getting banned again is 1.5 seasons (trade deadline of his 2nd season in the J). Which will you choose?

Code:

We've had our issues in the past, Slash, but I have to say: this job is truly for you. You're not an update guy or an audit guy. It's clear that your passion for making up new prompts that, hit or miss, you're confident incite some creative juices has been something the league hasn't seen in quite some time. It's been a fun experiment to watch! In my personal opinion re: your prompt "aesthetic" - I understand why you're doing prompt 1 or 2, but I feel like one prompt and alternating between the two (more out-there ones one week, more blasé ones another) would sort of add a challenge to PTs that we've honestly never seen. People will complain, but, fuck 'em. Max earning should require some sort of challenge, and if it's not really hard trivia that alienates people who aren't into data (which would be the wrong way to bring about a challenge), how else are we going to create earning parity and let the tryhards rise to the top? I know you'll keep trying, and that's all that matters. Despite your mixed reviews, you've brought the most attention to PTs of any director in my sim lifetime here, and I thank you for that.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 10:46 AM by Rabidsponge21.)

Code:
Doug - Victor Helstrom

PBE PT

Code:

The S31 draft.

With one draft you had teams unknowingly draft one of the strongest classes since S20. I don't think anyone expected that reddit draft to produce so many hall of famers, but here we are. The worst outing still to this date I think was the team that drafted me Hamilton. Funny considering who was the management core back then and how that team is clearly doing now a days. They could have potentially foregone that lengthy rebuild had they just shifted a few picks here and there. They had the picks to make a potentially dynsasty earlier just whiffed too often in the 1st/ 2nd rounds on players who wouldn't even cross the 800 TPE line. It's kinda crazy to think if they would have nailed that draft and not ended up with Drunken Teddy and other names you would normally associate with Hamilton of the past, but as they always say hindsight is 20/20. (159 words)

Code:

To arms! On Gard!

A biopic film on the playing career of Mikkel Asmus Sondergard

- Filmed in the revolutionary new 3D at 4K and 48FPS. Yes the same technology being used for the new set of avatar films was acquired for this break through filming experience.
- Smell o vision - in a 1st true experience as well - old hockey equipment is being stored in the theatres ahead of viewing to give the people watching this film not only a visual treat but the up close experience of the smells of on the ice and around it
- Casting Selections for the film include.

Chris Pratt as Mario - He is so funny
Jack Black as the villianous Bork Lazer - The biggest nemisis of Mikkel Asmus Sondergards career.
Arnold Swartzenegger - plays the role of Mikkel Asmus Sondergards mentor who teachs him the true meaning of hockey - the power of friendship
Brendan Fraser - In a come back role! Plays the part of Mikkel Asmus Sondergards Father who supports his journey to the game
Rachel brosnahan - Plays Mikkel Asmus Sondergards long term friend and eventual wife
Chris hemsworth - Plays Mikkel Asmus Sondergard Himself as its the perfect 1 for 1 copy of his actual good looks but they needed an actor for this.

See it this christmas! (210 words)

Code:

Easily Texas in my totally not biased opinion.

In a league as large as this is now, it is no easy task to do a full rebuild. I mean look at Toronto/ Tampa/ Winnipeg? Sure Toronto had a 'successful' one but they still are getting murdered in their division and Tampa just finally sort of completed theirs. So much harder to do a full rebuild than a tweak and maintain.

Code:
Milestone +3

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 09:55 AM by MN_Moosey.)

Code:

Parity is a major issue in this league and I do not see it ever being solved. Four teams in the last five seasons have made the finals. That is simply absurd. You look at the NHL over that same time frame and nine teams have made the finals with the only repeat name in there being the current back to back champion Tampa Bay Lightning. There are major issues in the league balance and that mainly stems from the sim we use, Franchise Hockey Manager 7. Having someone who worked on the game anywhere near a team in this league is despicable. That team suddenly has an unfair advantage because someone knows how the sim works and evaluates certain attributes. If that information was made more public as an informative article then I would deem it acceptable. This particular sim engine that we use is still very new in the history of the league. Things will be found out over time but right now anyone that wants a ring just flocks to the teams that have shown success in the new format. It is an endless cycle that is destroying the league. (193)

Code:

If any team is going to break through and make the cup final, it would have to be Tampa. They are not far removed from an intense rebuild that saw them completely winless one season. They have all the pieces in place to make a serious run at a championship. The issue is the teams in front of them. They play in a conference that houses two of the most powerful teams in the Buffalo Stampede and Hamilton Steelhawks. They are lucky to not be in the same division so getting that title and making a playoff birth should not be as challenging. They have great depth all throughout their roster and are not reliant on one line to make everything happen on the ice. In addition to that, they house top young talent in Luc Blouin and Finn von Murphenstein. Their prospect pool is a bit depleted and that may cause their window to be shorter than expected. Regression will come for everyone and they are no exception. (169)

Code:

zoom

Code:

My career may not be that old in the eyes of many veterans here, but there have been some memorable moments. I would tell the director to really focus in on the lows. Coming into the league undrafted and getting that first offer from Vancouver that set the career in motion. Next would be the draft and how I fell so far and was deemed a low end prospect. Then it would have to be the grind of the juniors. There was that drive to prove everyone wrong and that I did have a permanent place in the league. A climactic moment of winning the Four Star Cup and being a playoff beast in my final junior season. Following the celebrations, everyone would say their goodbyes for the summer and it would cut to a still waiting shot of me at the phone waiting for the call for an extension. That call never came. Instead it was a new opportunity. One that would spark the young hockey player and begin his major league career. (174)

Milestones +1

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Finals went pretty quick with it being a sweep in favor of Hamilton because no one was shocked by that result. The guy who I think deserves MVP, not just for the series but all of the playoffs is A. Jobin. He was a monster in the net. Only took three losing decisions in the entirety of the playoffs and it nearly cost them their season, but Jobin tightened up the pads and put together a shutout performance in game 6 of the semi finals. Under 2 goals against average for the entirety of the playoffs is insane. The teams they were playing weren't pushovers either. Texas scores over 4 a game on average and they could not score more than 2 in a game during the finals. What a performance by Jobin. Well deserved MVP. (136)

Code:

Both teams surprisingly enough only played 19 total games in the playoffs. Looking at their respective schedules, you would think Hamilton had the tougher matchup since they only produced one sweep. I see things a little differently. Texas went in and swept San Francisco but the games were close minus the final in that series. Then they had to go against a very formidable Chicago team that only rivaled themselves in the western conference. Edmonton then finished near the top of the season standing. I personally think Texas had the tougher post season schedule. (94)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Code:
Code:
Stromboli

Code:
Code:

3 TPE Earned (4 Milestones)

Code:

"The Man in the Goalie Mask", a tale of Stromboli.  The movie would start off with Strom's initial minor league run, pre SMJHL draft, where he's relegated to what feels like a beer league player.  Then it will proceed to his SMJHL draft where he's picked up (surprisingly) by the Anaheim Outlaws and backstops them to their championship win in Season 52.  It will then ride the highs and lows of playing with a broken hand (ultimately leading to a situation where he gets suspended)...his rise to being Co-GM of the Winnipeg Jets/Aurora and his subsequent downfall while pursuing a managing career back in the minors.  It will then (because it is a feelgood story), show the strain as he transitions from Winnipeg to Tampa and revitalizes his career just when everyone feels that he should be starting to wind down.  Instead, backstopping the once abysmal barracuda to a challenge cup win and Strom's eventual inclusion into the "Quad Gold" club.
(162 Words)

Code:
This is a tale as old as time it seems.  FHM itself we know, and can agree on, is the better simulation engine to use than STHS, even without the miracle upsets that STHS used to provide.  While it stinks that yes, over the last 8 seasons the same 5 teams have been involved (to a joke almost among locker-rooms), but I feel that with the update scale changes and contract changes we will eventually see more teams making it to the big show.  In the same breath of that, because we are doing things that are definitely outside the scope of what the sim was designed for, teams that build properly I feel will be able to build these, for lack of a better term, dynasty runs where they can be at the top for several several seasons (even without a cup win).  FHM was designed with the NHL in mind.  We know from previous comparisons during our original transitions that a star NHL player equates out to between 14 and 1500 TPE based on our scaling.  We have players regularly getting to 2000 tpe and having stats maxed out on multiple scales.  We have teams basically comprised entirely of Gretzky's.  If we really, in the long term, want to see true parity that the sim engine can handle...I feel we will need to change our own ways to fit the engine instead of trying to get the engine to fit us.  That most likely means 4th lines in the SHL, tpe cap's and more.
(256 Words)

Code:
This is definitely a homer pick for me right now, but I believe Tampa Bay will be the next one to really break into the playoffs.  We went into round two this season and fell just shy against Baltimore (thanks in part to the legendary LDV goaltending), but the overall age of the Barracuda is still young.  Next season I feel we will have a legitimate chance to go all the way, even with a couple key players just entering regression (look at what other teams have been able to do with players in early regression but still max earning.  Looking at you Toronto, Hamilton, et. al).  The real amazing thing to think of with that regard is just simply the fact that it was a few seasons ago that Tampa was the literal bottom of the heap with an unfathomable 0-50 record.  @hockeyiscool and @trella have done absolutely outstanding rebuilding the franchise and I really think they will be scary, more so sooner than later.   CHOMP CHOMP.
(168 Words)

Code:
Being the PT person is arguably the most thankless job here on the site.  I think, despite what many would feel are shortcomings, you've been handling it nicely.  I especially enjoy how open you've been to PT ideas, especially off the cuff one's like I've thrown at you.  The only major improvement I feel that could be done is maybe hiring a couple more task graders.  I know it is sort of a requirement to keep PT's open for a week in order to give people plenty of time to complete it, but then I know I've heard complaints a few times about how long it takes to get the results of the PT back in order to claim them.  Having a couple additional people to grade not only would yield, in my opinion, quicker turn around times for claims, but also give that added bonus of a couple mil in shl bucks to some new users that are needing it.  Keep up the good work!.
(166 Words)

Total TPE: 17/16