Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 12:04 PM by spooked.)

11-05-2021, 12:00 PMBfine Wrote:
11-05-2021, 11:11 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: why would we want that? Personally I enjoy the fact that we can't just set and forget our tactics, especially in the playoffs. "lesser" teams can easily win out with the right tactics.
Then why is it always HAM BUF CHI TEX in the finals?  Eyebrow

Looking forward to the MIN v EDM west final, glhf

11-05-2021, 11:30 AMluketd Wrote: That’s a no from me dawg on gms getting PT passes or CW passes. Lead from example and do the work. This is coming from being a gm in both leagues. CW takes an hour max, you can do it while scouting. CW is as easier as it’s ever been now lmao

Checking GM tasks for backup assignments doesn't take that long either but hey, whatever floats your boat.

You should be one of the people in this league who knows the kind of works that GMs put in on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis. Part of underpaying GMs was to ensure that "only people who would take the job seriously would apply." Now here we are with.....how many applicants for Toronto and Minnesota? Hell, Minnesota's CO GM LEFT MINNESOTA for Toronto. If that doesn't say anything about the application pool, I don't know what does. People aren't applying because they know the position is vastly underpaid for the amount of work that GMs put in. Especially during the current "meta" where parity is absolute dogshit, no one wants to apply for an underpaid job in a league that has a "you better make this a full time job or gtfo" mindset.

Maybe a PT pass isn't the way to go, so maybe you're right on that one. I disagree, but let's just say you're right because you and I both know that when it comes to making things easier on people, this league will do anything but. But there has to be a better way to make being a GM actually worth it outside of "the love of the game" because obviously that shit isn't appealing to the group of people this league needs to become interested in this position again.

This "I struggled so you should struggle too" mindset is absolute dogshit. God forbid we actually make things a little easier on people who this league needs to be able to continue.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

I mean, I believe that we lack GM applications simply because how many spots have opened lately compared to the times before. I think that part of the issue is, normally people that wanted to GM had to fight for a relatively small ammount of space because the turnover in SHL wasn't that amazing, and now that it sped up dramatically, the people that couldn't get in 10-15 seasons back are most likely not active enough to care, and anyone within the window from that time until now is very likely already in line or got a job they wanted. People willing to GM are a fairly slowly regenerating resource, and we have been going wild about it lately.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

11-05-2021, 11:11 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
11-04-2021, 05:57 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: FHM coaching goes a lot farther than simple line combos and player roles. Most people have a hard enough time trying to figure those out, while some other coaches are tinkering around with their millionth permutation of individual tactics.

Restricting individual tactics puts coaches back on more even footing.

why would we want that? Personally I enjoy the fact that we can't just set and forget our tactics, especially in the playoffs. "lesser" teams can easily win out with the right tactics.

....what? If anything FHM has shown us that lesser teams indeed cannot win at all no matter their tactics choices.

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

What are tactics?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

11-05-2021, 01:43 AM5ympathies Wrote:
11-04-2021, 08:12 AMMayuu Wrote: Lets just do some illegal retention trades, it's only a third as punishment and there's rarely ever players worth signing in the third round anyway. You know with cap constraints and all.

i was drafted in the third round  Cry
Same, although I think that strengthens Mayuu's argument.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

11-05-2021, 01:13 PMSDCore Wrote: What are tactics?
Tic Tacs have been around since 1969 and have been enjoyed by almost everyone around the world. You can pop one in your mouth for instant fresh breath, or be like me and eat 6 at a time just because you can.

11-05-2021, 01:09 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
11-05-2021, 11:11 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: why would we want that? Personally I enjoy the fact that we can't just set and forget our tactics, especially in the playoffs. "lesser" teams can easily win out with the right tactics.

....what?  If anything FHM has shown us that lesser teams indeed cannot win at all no matter their tactics choices.

I have personal experience in running a good team into the ground with bad tactics. Maybe it's an easy hurdle to overcome, but it's a hurdle nonetheless.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 01:24 PM by sve7en.)

11-05-2021, 01:01 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I mean, I believe that we lack GM applications simply because how many spots have opened lately compared to the times before. I think that part of the issue is, normally people that wanted to GM had to fight for a relatively small ammount of space because the turnover in SHL wasn't that amazing, and now that it sped up dramatically, the people that couldn't get in 10-15 seasons back are most likely not active enough to care, and anyone within the window from that time until now is very likely already in line or got a job they wanted. People willing to GM are a fairly slowly regenerating resource, and we have been going wild about it lately.

So isn't this the same issue? High turnover to me seems like it's an issue with wanting to do the job but it not being beneficial to them to do it anymore.

I agree with the resource concept. I've said for a while now it's not hard to see the league has consumed that resource at an unsustainable rate. That consumption comes from the demands placed on the people.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I mean as GM of one of the "better" teams, it is extremely disheartening every season to go into knowing we have to beat pretty much just one team in order to win and having no way to figure out how... So I can't imagine what new users or people who are thinking of getting into GMing are thinking. I can't imagine this doesn't lead to a lack of applicants.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

11-05-2021, 01:20 PMsve7en Wrote:
11-05-2021, 01:01 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I mean, I believe that we lack GM applications simply because how many spots have opened lately compared to the times before. I think that part of the issue is, normally people that wanted to GM had to fight for a relatively small ammount of space because the turnover in SHL wasn't that amazing, and now that it sped up dramatically, the people that couldn't get in 10-15 seasons back are most likely not active enough to care, and anyone within the window from that time until now is very likely already in line or got a job they wanted. People willing to GM are a fairly slowly regenerating resource, and we have been going wild about it lately.

So isn't this the same issue? High turnover to me seems like it's an issue with wanting to do the job but it not being beneficial to them to do it anymore.

Yes, beneficial in enjoyment most likely. Compensation is one way to try and create artificial incentive to do a job, but when it comes to GMing it would be better just to make it more fun/relaxed if possible. I don't think GMing is a good job to create artificial incentives as that would encourage minimum level effort at times which would hinder their team and hurt others, so it does all really end up coming back to trying to make the job easier or more fun to keep them engaged as much as they are trying to keep their LRs engaged (hopefully)

11-05-2021, 01:09 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:

....what?  If anything FHM has shown us that lesser teams indeed cannot win at all no matter their tactics choices.

hamilton wins as a "lesser team" with less TPE than the other teams :kekw:

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

11-05-2021, 01:33 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
11-05-2021, 01:09 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: ....what?  If anything FHM has shown us that lesser teams indeed cannot win at all no matter their tactics choices.

hamilton wins as a "lesser team" with less TPE than the other teams :kekw:

I didn't realize they were considered a lesser team, I figured their fancy sheet that spits out the tactics for them was worth at least like 3k tpe

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

11-05-2021, 01:20 PMsve7en Wrote:

I agree with the resource concept. I've said for a while now it's not hard to see the league has consumed that resource at an unsustainable rate. That consumption comes from the demands placed on the people.

A lot of the turnover are old GMs/expansion teams tho, so a lot of places that were basically somewhat expectable to appear, just not at this rate

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

11-05-2021, 01:46 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
11-05-2021, 01:33 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: hamilton wins as a "lesser team" with less TPE than the other teams :kekw:

I didn't realize they were considered a lesser team, I figured their fancy sheet that spits out the tactics for them was worth at least like 3k tpe

so is TPE the master decider or isn't it? I'm confused as to where you're coming from

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]