Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 01:56 PM by bbjygm.)

[Image: 424YCkN.jpeg]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 01:59 PM by DELIRIVM.)

It's been a week, describe how you feel about your individual play, team play, and any notes/surprises about the league in general. (150+ words)

Honestly it's been okay but a little disappointing. The Baltimore Platoon are pretty good. But we have had our fair share of disappointments against teams like Manhattan this season. We should honestly be crushing these teams but their goaltender Name Redacted keeps them in the game each and every time. Honestly super frustrating. As for my own personal play, another disappointing year for Daniil Nikiforov. Finally coming into my own breaking the 1800 TPE mark and still not even on pace to hit PPG in the SHL this season. I feel like my pro career has just been really pedestrian and quite boring. I have worked my butt off and have seen very little in the way of improvement each season. I see players on my own team with less TPE performing better than me and it's honestly a little discouraging. Do I just keep trucking ahead? Yeah I guess I will. But I hope the rest of the season is more fun because right now it's just disappointing watching Daniil play like shit night in and night out. He's supposed to be a big part of the Platoon, he's supposed to be helping Ethan Duncan score a lot more. But honestly even playing with Duncan he's seeing very little in the way of scoring. Just kinda been a bleh season so far. Hopefully streams start happening earlier in the day. Because midnight streams at McDonald's is a bit weird. 

[240 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

2nd task:

I am little bit surprised how great our young core is playing at the moment, including myself. I am still TOP-20 at fantasy, and many times even TOP-10 from all players. That's definitely wild and unexpected, because my TPE isn't even 1400 so far. I think that our good form is surprise to other teams too and it will be fun to see how far that will carry us, if it will at all. I'm prepared to lead Atlanta Inferno at front and I try to do my best to help my teammates and make my team better day to day. I think that Atlanta Inferno however need some seasons to start blossom the all potential and quality what we have in our team now. I'm optimistic when I'm looking at future with this team and those persons, it's honor to me be part of this team and athmosphere. Thank you all!
(152 words)

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

I dont even remember what team I was on but I'll just pretend I'm on the up and comers because you can't stop me and there are no rules. The night before the first game, Tom Fiddler is feeling confident. He's surrounded by youth, which is good because after 12 seasons he's definitely still one of the boys. Just a very hip and with-it young player aged 30. Tom has no nerves about facing off against the grizzly bear veterinarians because in all likelihood they are not very good at hockey, seeing's how they spent so much time learning medicine for bears instead of learning to skate and handle the puck. Still, there's always the off chance that too much confidence could lead to sloppy play and slow starts and with young goalies in net it's almost guaranteed to be a high scoring game. Tom himself has had a bear of a time (pun) generating any offense for his team lately, so it would make sense if he ended this game with zero points and a minus 3.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Code:
Prompt #2
So, we are a week or two into the season and I just need to say it now... I am sorry to anyone who had the misfortune of picking me in the fantasy draft. Like, seriously, drop me for anyone because I am playing pretty worthless right now. I am definitely not living up to my potential this season, even if I am aging and a grizzled vet. I knew my offensive stats would go down significantly, but my defensive numbers haven't been that great either. They aren't horrible, but they certainly are not great either. So, for that, I am sorry. All that said, it is hard to argue with personal stats when the team, as a whole, is actually playing pretty well. We are fifth in our conference and the scoring has been relatively balanced. I think from top to bottom we are a pretty solid team and we may actually be able to surprise some people when it comes to playoff time.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

The start of the season was amazing for New England. Surprisingly good some would say. And to be honest, it even surprised me. Because FHM has never been this kind to us before. We're even able to stand up against the top teams. We even beat them in our first few games. But now of course things need to be rebalanced and we're seeing worse results again. All the while the team has still been playing great. Our younger players are really settling into their roles. But we just don't get the same puck luck anymore. Which is frustrating, but I guess all good things come to an end.

I was also surprised to see Hamilton with a lose streak greater than 2 at one point. That might be the first time that's every happened in maybe 5 seasons if not more. But as we move along, the standings are as mentioned being balanced out to what we're used to seeing.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Kermit was very nervous to take part in his first young guns game against the Grizzled Vets, especially when he looked across the neutral zone at puck drop and saw his defense partner with the Seattle Argonauts, Cassius Darrow, looking back at him. Along with other aging former stars like Aaron Wilson, Theo Morgan, Corey Kennedy, and Jimmy Slothface, Darrow was one of the long time SHL veterans to be named to the old timers squad ahead of the tournament. It was the old farts that had the advantage early, using their veteran savvy and experience to gain the upper hand and a quick two goal lead. But at about the halfway mark, the young stars began to push the pace to another level, hitting the vets with speed they could not quite match and tying the game. The stalemate would last until late in the third, when Murphy would blast a slapshot from the point off of Darrow's stick and into the net on the deflection, sealing the win for the kids.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Prompt 2

It's a pretty complicated question really. On it's face Adrik Baranov's individual play has been pretty damn steady and overall good for his team. Currently stapled to the Minnesota Monarchs top pairing and power play unit. He plays more than any other player on the team, eating up those minutes and playing almost twenty-five minutes a game to make life easier on the lower pairing and the team. But the fact that he's a steady minute munching defender doesn't mean that his individual play has been great beyond keeping the goals out of his net. He's got the tools to take over the game offensively but doesn't. He could be zipping up the ice, and scoring goals but he doesn't. Taking on that mantle of #1 defender in all situations seems to mean that he can't take those risks and as a result, his offensive play suffers. Team first thought, always team first and as long as the Monarchs keep winning, Adrik will keep doing what it takes.

168 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Prompt 2:

So far Baltimore's start has been about as we expected. We currently sit 4th in the league with a 20-6-2 record good for 42 points. We had somewhat of a difficult start schedule wise that held us back a bit early on but things are rolling now. Star player Ethan Duncan has been leading the way, with 35 points in 28 games thus far. Duncan has been peppering opposition goalies, as he leads the league in shots with 150, but has only converted those shots into 15th goals. His shooting % is the lowest of the top 30 scorers in the league, so expect him to take off soon.

Two surprises so far this season:
Hamilton's slow start. They seem to have picked things up to their usual standard recently, but their slow start had me a bit surprised, and fantasy players worried.
Minnesota's play. I can't say I saw them as a 17-11-1 team pre-season. They are taking advantage of a turbulent western conference. Good for them.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Prompt 2:

I'm feeling good about my player this week. Been performing very well, scoring well above the average rate, still close to a 20% shooting percentage lol. The team has been about average, can't complain when I know this is what I signed up for, but hopefully as the young ppl continue to earn, Atlanta will be one of the top teams in the next 5 seasons. (Never gonna retire btw, gonna stay there forever). Fantasy, I have been doing pretty well, except for my #1 selected pick, Aaron Wilson, who has been brutal to start. Me (Dick Clapper) who was not selected in any fantasy group has been performing currently 40 points better than him. Wish I switched him out for me last week when I was thinking about it, but I'm full in the sunk cost fallacy now. Oh well. Hopefully next week is better for him. It's gotten to a point where I pray he scores a bunch against us when we play. lol

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Prompt 2:

Considering that Björn is more of an defensive defenseman and doesn't have minutes on first powerplay unit I was surprised to see him for a while to stay on Renegades top 3 on points, only during last two sims dropping down few spots. He has been steady 40 point earner for a while but now if he can keep his current pace up he has potential to set new personal records as he sits at 23 points after just 29 games meaning he is on pace for 52 points. He has highest shots for per sixty and lowest shots against per 60 minutes for Renegades defenseman so it is pretty clear that he can keep pressure from own end while transitioning it to the other side of the rink. Team in general has been doing well, about as well as expected, but unfortunately some close losses to Chicago and few games where we got goalied hard has left us few points behind the mentioned Chicago making 4 games we have versus them extremely important.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

San Francisco currently sits second in the Pacific Division, 8 points back to Calgary after 29 games. Season 62 has been frustrating for the Pride, coming into the season with another year of development and some notable offseason acquisitions, the Pride were poised to be a threat to compete in the playoffs. The team started off slowly and was below .500 for a long stretch, only recently improving their play to sit at 15-13-1. Sven Svenson has had a bit of a disappointing campaign thus far. After notching 40 goals in a superstar breakout season last year, Sven has 13 goals and 13 assists in this 29 games played. It’s going to be difficult for him to break his personal best of 72 points this year unless he really starts going on a tear. It is certainly possible, Sven is in the physical prime of his career and may never have the raw talent he has now given impending regression.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Prompt 2

We're almost halfway into the Season 52 SHL season, and Andreas Kvalheim currently has 19 points in 29 games. While his production is currently below what he has put up the past few seasons, he is quite far into regression at this point. He has also been the recipient of some bad luck, with a PDO of just over 95. He also leads all forwards in Corsi, so things should turn around for the veteran forward soon. The Texas Renegades are continuing to roll as they sit second in the western conference and third in the league with a record of 21-6-2. They've been led by their two superstars Edward Williams and Burlok Sulforgold who are both having breakout offensive seasons. Elsewhere in the league, the Chicago Syndicate have somewhat unexpectedly been the clear top team in the league this season while Hamilton has fallen back down to earth after being untouchable for all of last season.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

PT Pass

Prompt 2.

The Atlanta Infernos performance has been alright so far this season, despite some really rough losses every now and then, the top players on the team are doing well although the rookies are having it rough right now along with some of the other younger players on the team. But it is what it is and i can't decide what the team does. Pavel Jeziak has been ok so far, 20 points in 31 games after a long slump in between, although he's a horrid +/- -20 so far and expects to get to around -45 toward the end of the season he hasn't complained too much, since he hasn't been traded or cut from the team so thats positive. Atlantas surprise star coming out the gate has definitely been Anton Mihailov, the youngster has an impressive 13 goals and 17 assists for a total of 30 points in 31 games so far this season and has been a stud for anyone who nabbed him up in fantasy as well.

[Image: lebbish.gif]