Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

Prompt 2

S62 is quickly coming to a close and Texas is sitting in the 4th spot in the overall standings, 9 points out of first place behind Chicago. A big reason for Chicago's S62 success is starting goaltender, Mat Smith who is boasting a .933 save percentage, 2.03 GAA and a record of 30-2-3 through 35 games this season. Comparing that to Texas' goalie, Cillian Kavanagh who is 25-7-4, a .905 save percentage and a 2.53 GAA. Cillian knows he has to be better if he wants to see his team undergo another deep playoff run. Chicago also has two of the top 3 point earners so far this season as well as having star Ryuuji Minamino, Chicago's right winger with 43 goals on the year already! Baltimore and Buffalo are also in the mix trailing CHI by only a few points. We'll see in a few short weeks who will come on top during the regular season and what team will be bringing home the prized Challenge Cup in S62.

Word Count: 170

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

The Up-and-Comers are a great hockey team, and while we did come out with the win, we knew that it wouldn’t be an easy game. Everyone approached this game like the playoffs, and nobody took them for granted, even after beating them in the Round Robin.

The game was very close though. It felt like they continued to have their legs throughout the whole game, and the high pressure they were putting on us was something we had to adjust to. There was not a lot of open ice and because of the consistent pressure, there was no time for decision making, everything had to happen instantly. Harry Carpet was phenomenal for us, and he kept us in the game at points when the pressure was mounting, and the shots were piling on. He made a couple big saves, including a huge breakaway stop late in the 3rd period to keep us up by one. Everybody had a great game, but there’s no doubt that without Carpet playing the way he did, we wouldn’t be moving on to the finals.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Prompt 2

About 2/3 through the season, Edmonton's certainly seen better days. We took a slight step back in the sense we got quite a bit younger over the offseason, so a regression was anticipated, although not really expected. You don't ever want to set the expectation of poor play, but that's seemingly what we've put out over the course of the season. With quite a few rookies on the team, it's trial by fire - and Edmonton seems to be handling it as best they can. 

They're well in a playoff spot, as New Orleans and Winnipeg seem to have no interest in making the playoffs, gift wrapping the final spot to Edmonton. But the young Blizzard team will need to shore up defensively if they want to make a splash in the playoffs. Edmonton is far from the league worst defensively, sporting a -15 differential, but they sit 12th in goals scored and 15th in goals allowed. Mediocre numbers, and one of them will have to give. Either the offense must pick up, or the defense must clamp tight. Either way, the pieces are all in place for Edmonton, all that is needed will be the experience and game knowledge that will come over time.

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

At time of posting, Anaheim has been in a bit of a slide, and things are looking tight as far as playoff contention goes. We sit in 3rd place in the Wollker division, just 4 points ahead of the Regina Elk for the final playoff spot in the division. Carrying a record of 17-32-3, we need to finish by taking some points over these last 14 games. Unfortunately, we aren't really in a position to make trades, as we are planning and keeping our prospects and picks for our competitive window, which should begin next season and really peak the following season. In order to finish in a playoff position and make a bit of noise in the playoffs, we will need our team leaders to step up. Sconnie McHits will need to maintain and even improve his production (42 points in 52 games), Eddie Creller will need to continue his hot streak (now on 50 points in 52 games), and Klondike Klinkhammer will need to stay out of the penalty box (an astonishing 77 penalty minutes so far!).

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Prompt 2

Well, I do not think that any trades Atlanta Inferno could realistically make would turn this team into a championship team. We have plenty of active players who put in the work, but just aren't really making the impacts point-wise that you would like to see; however, even looking for trades for these players I do not really see any returns making that much bigger of an impact. I feel like at this point patience is the best thing for Atlanta Inferno. The team is stacked with players that are active and are putting in the work, it's just that a lot of them are still fairly new and are having a tough time keeping up with the vets from other teams. It may be worth looking into trading a couple of these newer depth players for a star forward, but who's really to say? I'm not the GM.
WC: 154

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

At this point in the season, I think anyone on the Steelhawks would tell you we are not satisfied with where we are right now.  Second in our division behind Buffalo and fifth in the overall standings, we are in an unfamiliar place with so many games already played this year.  Of course we will not find many people around the league that will feel sorry for us and many are probably cheering on the fact that we are not where should be right now.  With that said, we did not luck into the long term success that the franchise has enjoyed, it has come from some of the best in the business running our front office and bringing in the best talent that is out there.  It's tough to say what we need to get us over the hump this season.  Possibly another defenseman would help but overall I think we just need to stay the course and hope that the updates and training will give us the lift we need to get back to first place.

178 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

After a very rough start to the season Colorado really made a turn around. Currently we sit at 28-14-7 and 6th in the standings. Barring something crazy we will make the playoffs. We have already made a huge trade with QCC. For some picks we acquired Kayden Pale. I think this was a big pickup for minimal asset and I credit management for the work they did. Pale should slot in opposite Dangle and prove to be a huge part of this playoff run. As far as who we will face that is a tough question. I think right now it looks as if we will play Kelowna or Maine. Both would be a tough matchup. I do know Kelowna wants revenge for last season, so I do think it would be hilarious to sweep them for a second season in a row. Maine is a huge unknown to me. They did pickup Kappa Kappa from QCC in a trade as well. He known for being a huge presence along the blueline so that does make them even better.

Code:
179 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Prompt 1: Well we did it! We beat the VETS! Us young up and comers found a new gear late in the game to seal the Victory to head to the finals! In what seemed to be an absolute battle of a game back and forth neither team really wanted to give and edge. That is why it was no surprise there were some nerves going and we were down 1-0 after what felt like the first shot of the game. What could have been the end of us actually acted as a spark. We battled back and were able to score an equalizer before the period was out. The game was so tight after that. Hits being laid every time you touched the puck. But in the end the young legs seemed to give us the edge late in the Third. Nathan Thomas was able to hit Evil Allbran who snuck behind the D man Rex Kirby in order to go on a breakaway and seal the Young guns fate with only 3 min to spare. Full lock down after that sealed the win and the berth to the finals!
WC:189

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Prompt 2

Nevada has to find a few pieces to help with a playoff push. The lower lines are lacking and picking up someone who is even 200 TPE to replace a 4th liner would be huge. Its a team guy and everyone has to be their best for 60 minutes. Luckily one such trade was made right before the Trade Deadline, picking up Scooby Doo for a 4th round pick (that was Newfoundland's to begin with). It'll give Nevada 100 more TPE on the 4th line which will be a major help considering how close the Js are this year. Only 25 points separate 10th place from 1st place. It's really anyone's season and I'm sure teams are watching out for New Players cause even a DFA that is active can help replace a 155 IA for a playoff push at this point. Should be an exciting end for the season. Hopefully Nevada can get its first playoff series win!

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 12:43 PM by Matteo.)

Well confidence is at an all-time low for the Up-and-Comers as they couldn't put together a single win during the round robin, but it was time to put that behind them going into the elimination rounds. The locker room going into the game was quiet and tense as everyone geared up in time for opening puck drop. Smith would get the start this game and a slow start it would be, allowing 2 goals in the first 10 shots. Smith was clearly frustrated at this point, as he almost got into a fight towards the end of the period with Chicago teammate Gunnar Soderberg (who by the way was pushed onto him by Kev Kevens). Things started looking up a little bit in the second period as Jasper Maximov would score a quick one early in the period with a rocket from the blue line, and shortly after Zdenko Beranek would tie it up off a nice feed from William Salming. The team was feeling pretty good going into the 3rd after a rousing speech from captain Maximov, but doubt quickly crept in when Smith allowed the first shot of the period to go in. Time passed, and just as it was looking more and more like that would be it for the young guns, Beranek sprung off on a breakaway! He gets in close, brings the puck almost to his feet, and at the very last second slides it over to the opposite side of the crease and tucks it in behind Carpet. That would be it for the 3rd period, but the team was completely fired up going into overtime, completely dominated that period and Kevens ended up with the game-winning goal, tipping a shot from Teylora Petrov.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Prompt 2:

I think the Outlaws will do alright till the end of the season. We've been hitting some slumps lately, but we're just barely managing to hold onto a slight lead over Regina. If we can maintain that lead in the standings, we should be able to squeak into the playoffs. Once there, I think we'd end up playing Anchorage or Newfoundland. It's weird, because I think we've had better success over Anchorage than we've had over some of the lesser teams. It would be a very hard series to win anyway. Going into next season, we should really be focused on the draft. We have one glaring weakness and I know we're trying to address that early. If we can plug up that major hole in our team, we could see massive improvements next season. If everything goes according to plan, this should be our last season as a bottom feeder. The Outlaws are on the come-up from here.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Code:
Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words)

Unfortunately as the trade deadline has came and went, I haven't been keeping too much tabs on what the Barracuda essentially need.  As it sits right now, I feel like our playoff picture is looking pretty bright, all things considered and as our youth has come about so too has our ability to stay in contention with the bigger names.  Just the other day we were able to take out a win against higher ranked Buffalo.  When it comes into the playoff picture, if we get stuck against Baltimore or Hamilton early, I think it will be a fairly tough fight in order to proceed on to further rounds.  Philadelphia might also be an issue, but less so than the obvious front-runners.  Chicago will be another big surprise.  Their netminder, Mat Smith, has been on an absolute tear this season and if he performs in the post-season like has been during the regular season...he may very well steal them a cup.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]