Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Calgary Dragon's season has been going really well so far. We've had a little bit of a rough stretch in the past few days against the top teams in the league, but we're still fighting for the division title together with Los Angeles. It's going to be interested to see if Los Angeles is going to make any moves before the trade deadline to improve their roster. I'm pretty sure our roster is set and done as we've made quite a few moves in the off season. I believe Calgary has a somewhat easier schedule going towards the end of the season and win that division title and secure that first round bye in the playoffs. The team is motivated and spirits are high. We're all looking forward to the post season and see what we can accomplish and hopefully cause some upsets here and there.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 11:41 PM by Wearingabear.)

As it stands right now, after 52 games played, the Philadelphia (Philly) Forge of the SImulation Hockey League have a record of 22-22-6 good enough for 54 points on the season. Our Away games have been killing us, 9-11-4. We had the misfortune of a bad schedule to start the season, and never quite found our groove on the road. We've been on a bit of a streak the last 6 games going 5-1, but overall we're 5-5 in the past 10. We're probably not going to be looking to making any big splashes in the trade market coming up here, but you never know. The GMs are crazy guys who have long term goals and insights and may try to do something to make things happen sooner. Time will tell. We hope to improve upon on our margins for next season and maybe do some better drafting. These are my hoprs and dreams for the rest of the season here in Philly

The end.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

The Philadelphia Forge did most of their major changes in the off season and so far it has been a season where they have not really performed up to the expectations that were set by the general managers at the beginning of the season. With the possibility of a new regression scale coming into existence it might be a good time to evaluate whether it is a prudent decision to move out some of the older players to get younger. The reality is that the forge are not in contention to win the cup this season especially given the relative strength of teams like the Baltimore platoon, buffalo stampede, Texas renegades and Chicago syndicate. So if there are options on the table you might see some movement to get the team on the younger side with a lot of their players approaching or entering the regression phase of their careers. However with the current market being quite stale I would be surprised if we see any movement from any of the teams to be honest.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Roughly 2/3rds of the way through the season and it looks like my poor Blizz bois have taken a step back this season after a strong first year for the new management team last season. Our points percentage has fallen from 0.561 to 0.458, which isn't a huge dip, but it's the first time in a long time since they've posted a losing record. What's worse is that the rest of the teams in our division have taken a step forward and we've plummeted from 1st in the Pacific division to last. There is still time to course correct, but the likelihood of missing the playoffs and ending the playoff appearance streak is becoming a potential reality is looming. As for what they need to add I don't believe there's a specific piece, but young, promising players to add to their depth would help add to the next wave of up and coming players as this team seems destined for a retool. Players like Pepperoni, Tokolosh and Scholz are on their way out soon, but they have a great group of earners to step in and fill those minutes. They just need more time to marinate.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 12:34 PM by NamelessNate.)

WSBL PT

It's halfway through the season and Anaheim is doing their best to stay above Regina to stay in the playoff picture. Creller and McHits are putting up points with the help of the rest of their supporting cast, Samuelsson, Brandon, Gill, O'Byrne, Sunazzos, Malone, Bouchard and the new addition of McSaves Anaheim is again performing well above what their roster looks like. Pretty sure the rest are inactive but everyone has a role on Anaheim, even if it's just waiting to be replaced by a more complete player.

In order to prepare for playoffs I don't think it is worth it for the Outlaws to make a trade for a deep playoff run. Let's make due with what we have and make the best. Fill the holes next season with a solid draft and possibly pick up a couple players in trades to solidify the depth.

Creller is going to put up a 60+ point season and for a 2nd year player that is huge. Topping powerplay goals currently he is one of the top offensive players in the league, and only looks to improve that going into S63

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

We are approaching the trade deadline and the start of the playoffs and the Tampa Bay Barracuda are shaping up to be a serious contender for the challenge cup this season. I took a look at the roster as a whole for Tampa and we are a pretty active group, not only on the ice but also in the locker room. Top to bottom were not the highest TPE team but we are definitely a solid group. We have our core, aging vets, and super stars hanging around. I'm more happy to see this group compete instead of trading an active for an inactive higher TPE user. It means more when there is a fun core of users working together right? Based on this, I don't really see Tampa making any major player moves at the trade deadline. We should assuming divisional matchups see ourselves facing off against Philadelphia or Atlanta who we've had pretty good records against this season. Also have some friends on those teams so would love to see a fun series!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Prompt 1

Those grizzled vets came in strong and with a lot of confidence. After all, they're veterans! (not!). The boys and I trained real hard for this match. We knew it would be a tough one and we had to keep each other lifted in the locker room knowing we'd be pushing hard to make good hits and keep our offensive pushes strong. All the work paid off and what a level of an energy it was in the locker room after. We had tunes blasting and cheers all around. The boys and I booked ourself a real treat to celebrate. We'll be out on the race track this weekend doing laps in luxury sports cars. You know, just a way to focus on the road and clear our heads while having a good time. I'm personally looking forward to driving the 2021 porsche 911 because I always love this car and how it handles. On to the finals!

1:

Eero Makela has an ice pack on his hand, another taped to his shin, and a third behind his neck. He's leaning against his stall in the locker room, eyes closed. A slight upward curve of his lips is as good as a maniacal cackle on another man. His preternatural hockey sense, particularly in the defensive zone, are on display as he begins talking to the small handful of reporters without opening his eyes.

"That was quite the contest," Makela says, letting the smile reform. "The Vets are out there for a reason, every single one of those guys. They all earned their place in this tournament. It's not every day that you can expect to win with a single goal, but we shut them down shift after shift after shift."

Makela, credited with three takeaways, four hits, and an incredible seven blocked shots, was a big part of the effort to stop the Vets' offense from clicking, leading to the Up and Comers earning a 1-0 win and advancement in the tournament.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 03:28 PM by Briedaqueduc.)

Prompt 2

Anchorage is doing very well right now, at the top of the league. We do not need to make any moves really, I think it would be more wise for us to keep our future assets for the future, because we pretty much already have the big pieces we need to perform well. I think this team can very well lead us to a 4 star cup if we keep playing this well. Only teams that could really contend with us is Newfoundland, as they got a few more pieces at the trade deadline. Vancouver is also a good potential contender, they lost a couple of assets from their last cup winning team, but they should still have enough to potentially go back to back. Carolina is also another decent team, I don't think anyone really thought they'd be this good but here they are, third in the standings at the trade deadline. Any of those four are my contenders for the four star cup.

165 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

PROMPT 2

For months, the standings in the SMJHL have been hotly contested in a prelude to what looks to be an exciting post-season. At the time of writing, five teams are between 64% and 69% in point percentage. Ironically enough, the Knights are the only team of those in which the divisional placement race is still full throttle, as both Maine and Kelowna are within this competitive range and share a division. Currently one point separate the two with 14 games to play, one of which will be played between the two, and with Maine possessing an easier schedule, the race will be tight.

The Knights as a whole have a had a very strong season and have been rolling since roughly the midpoint of the season and their players routinely dot multiple league leaderboards. With success and a strong lineup where depth players and rookies may impacts behind the bigger name front liners, an expectation of a championship sometime in the near future is only natural. That being said, expecting a cup this season may be a tough order: Anchorage and Newfoundland are far and away the leaders of the league ahead of the pack of parity, and overcoming them would likely take a magical playoff run or major acquisitions that accompany a "win-now" attitude that may not be healthy for the teams long-term success.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]