Create Account

Updated: Changes to Regression

SHL isn't even fun anymore.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

SHL HO needs a marketing/PR liaison, because if y'all would just get some user feedback, 99% of these issues would be avoided. I understand this is an issue that is going to end up negatively affecting specific users, and there's nothing you can do to stop that. But it takes nearly no thought at all to consider how your changes (and when the changes happen) will affect the user base. I agree with the regression change, but it shouldn't be suddenly introduced.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Weow inb4 new era

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

12-02-2021, 05:14 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: SHL HO needs a marketing/PR liaison, because if y'all would just get some user feedback, 99% of these issues would be avoided. I understand this is an issue that is going to end up negatively affecting specific users, and there's nothing you can do to stop that. But it takes nearly no thought at all to consider how your changes (and when the changes happen) will affect the user base. I agree with the regression change, but it shouldn't be suddenly introduced.
SHL HO has talked to GMs in GM chat multiple times on this the past couple weeks. I actually applaud HO for coming in and making a decision on this so quickly considering it's been needed for awhile and previous HO iterations dragged their feet. HO indeed went a bit different direction then when we discussed but it's their choice.

Not exactly calling you out specially brick but lots of people in here saying they had no notice. Well, all SHL GMs should've know this was coming eventually and we were all asked for feed back. I don't normally stick up for HO but least they did ask us.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

12-02-2021, 05:14 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: SHL HO needs a marketing/PR liaison, because if y'all would just get some user feedback, 99% of these issues would be avoided. I understand this is an issue that is going to end up negatively affecting specific users, and there's nothing you can do to stop that. But it takes nearly no thought at all to consider how your changes (and when the changes happen) will affect the user base. I agree with the regression change, but it shouldn't be suddenly introduced.

This is what I have been talking about in discord.
There is no way that a top earning class like s53 is going to lose 8 of their 10% tpe from last season. Just taking tpe in my eyes.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

12-02-2021, 04:52 PMroastpuff Wrote: What Jess and Toast wrote.

I'm already busy trying to figure out my regression for the upcoming off-season, and now I get knocked on my ass with an extra negative 240TPE. The time and effort it takes to get to this level feels wasted and disrespected by the short notice.

22 months to get here, for what.

Not like your player is being deleted. Your player will still be in the same position relative to the league. You'll just have less tpe, like everyone else.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

12-02-2021, 05:51 PMAcsolap Wrote:

I'm already busy trying to figure out my regression for the upcoming off-season, and now I get knocked on my ass with an extra negative 240TPE. The time and effort it takes to get to this level feels wasted and disrespected by the short notice.

Not like your player is being deleted. Your player will still be in the same position relative to the league. You'll just have less tpe, like everyone else.

No they won’t. Every other class will get to earn against that first year of regression. S53 cant

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

But S54 doesn't get their peak season season where they clearly have the most TPE in the league, and everyone who just spent the last two years eyeing the chance for their 3-4 season window at the plateau is getting that cut short. The league is basically fast forwarding a season, which feels bad for everyone looking forward to that season. It's a very understandable frustration.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 05:58 PM by roastpuff.)

For the people trying to hit that all-time TPE record, they just lost their chance. And although my player isn't being deleted, it feels like the last two seasons of work I've put in has been deleted at the snap of a finger. You might not care since Kirkby is old, but if he was at his peak and got told that he would be double-regressed, I'm sure you'd feel a bit affected too.

EDIT: And what @sve7en said. We just lost our plateau. You had that chance with Kirkby a few seasons back.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

12-02-2021, 05:48 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
SHL HO has talked to GMs in GM chat multiple times on this the past couple weeks. I actually applaud HO for coming in and making a decision on this so quickly considering it's been needed for awhile and previous HO iterations dragged their feet. HO indeed went a bit different direction then when we discussed but it's their choice.

Not exactly calling you out specially brick but lots of people in here saying they had no notice. Well, all SHL GMs should've know this was coming eventually and we were all asked for feed back. I don't normally stick up for HO but least they did ask us.
While it's great that they talked to GMs, I think this issues goes beyond just needing GM input. This directly affects players, and getting some general public feedback would have been beneficial. I don't expect nor encourage HO to ask for feedback on every single decision, but this is a major change and would have warranted it.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

12-02-2021, 05:57 PMroastpuff Wrote:
12-02-2021, 05:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: Not like your player is being deleted. Your player will still be in the same position relative to the league. You'll just have less tpe, like everyone else.

For the people trying to hit that all-time TPE record, they just lost their chance. And although my player isn't being deleted, it feels like the last two seasons of work I've put in has been deleted at the snap of a finger. You might not care since Kirkby is old, but if he was at his peak and got told that he would be double-regressed, I'm sure you'd feel a bit affected too.

EDIT: And what @sve7en said. We just lost our plateau. You had that chance with Kirkby a few seasons back.

I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:05 PM by leafsftw1967.)

12-02-2021, 03:19 PMroastpuff Wrote: Now that I got my initial knee-jerk reaction out of the way, I'd like to post a more measured missive.

This change sucks. As a max earner, it's a hard slog to get to the top and hit your peak TPE before regression. The reward for that was supposed to be that you got to enjoy it for a couple of seasons, and then start regressing. I understand that the desire was to make more room for players on the various teams, and encourage people to recreate instead of hanging around.

My first beef:
Do that by steepening regression on the back end. Not the front end.

Why you're letting players 6-8 seasons in regression hang around boggles me - why bother? Ramp it up quickly to end up 30% after 10  seasons.

My second beef:
You just fucked two of the better classes in the league.

The S53 class is probably the best class since S46. The S54 class is just as good if not even slightly better. You just fucked both classes in one move, super nice. Efficient. I understand that you wanted to get the pain over with, but these two classes have a HUGE max earning group that you've just stripped out of 20% of their hard-earned TPE. These were the guys who wanted to challenge for the all-time records, and they HAD A GOOD SHOT AT IT. Had. No longer do because you've just robbed them of the opportunity for that.

There has to be a better way around the implementation than "Oh well, sorry guys you just got fucked. Love, HO."

I think with this severe regression change we need to come up with new HOF/Era records.

Third beef:
The one-and-done's get fucked over

Yes, you want people to recreate. Yes, people were hanging around too long. But those guys who wanted to make just one player, they've just been alienated. They feel unwanted.  They've been told, "Don't stay around, don't want you, bye."

Thanks for listening to my rant. As it stands, I'm likely to not recreate after Liljestrom is done, which will be sooner than I thought. I feel hurt, I feel like I've been kicked while I'm down. It takes a lot of time, and effort, to get a player to peak. And I feel like my time and effort is unappreciated, and isn't worth anything to anyone but myself.

@nour @"TommySalami" @Rangerjase @Keygan @Fluw @Patty

One hundred percent agree with this regression implementation you pretty much just screwed over the S53 and S54 class that spent the two years building up their players to be good just to get fucked over when they are good enough tpe wise to be elite. After putting in a ton of effort just to have your players best years taken away its a huge turn off to wanting to recreate and start from the bottom again. To be honest I feel like this is straight up disrespecting the S53 and S54 class @nour @"TommySalami" @Rangerjase @Keygan @Fluw @Patty and really leaves no incentive for these classes to recreate and stick around after how we were targeted on short notice

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

But we also had the update scale change which made getting to 20 more costly, whereas before it was easier to have multiple 20 attributes. 53 and 54 did not have full careers of 66 games - I do not believe that was implemented until a couple seasons after we made the jump to the SHL in general.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:13 PM by sve7en.)

12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote:
12-02-2021, 05:57 PMroastpuff Wrote: For the people trying to hit that all-time TPE record, they just lost their chance. And although my player isn't being deleted, it feels like the last two seasons of work I've put in has been deleted at the snap of a finger. You might not care since Kirkby is old, but if he was at his peak and got told that he would be double-regressed, I'm sure you'd feel a bit affected too.

I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

Those aren't the issues I'm referencing. What you're getting at is all solved with consideration of different eras when looking at player histories.

Going off of this upcoming weekend's updates:
@mastersheep / Ethan Duncan, the current leader of S53 (Lime hasn't updated iirc) would regress to 1797
@hockeyiscool / Dwight Knight, the leader of S54 would regress to 1859.
@Tylar / Liam Slate, the leader of S55 will be at 1895.

S53, S52, and others before us all got our time at the top. S55 and beyond get 2 seasons at a max TPE. S54 gets no season alone at the top, and gets 1 season just behind S55 in TPE before falling off before them.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

You peaked at over 2100TPE. 54s just had their opportunity to get even one season at above 2000 robbed from them.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]