Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO PROMPT TWO, ALSO KNOWN AS THE SECOND PROMPT.

Rob Wright thuds down the entrance ramp toward a vacant wrestling ring surrounded by vacant expressions of wary ticket-buyers; wonderment over who this mysterious man is percolated in their hot, bowl-shaped minds. The man, clad in sparkling emerald green tights with thick, black blocky kneepads separating the shin from the thigh, clambers up like a no-thumbed monkey onto the apron of the ring. A microphone materializes in his hand as he deftly folds his entire body in half to fit between the ropes.

"66.6%" He says, then rests the microphone near his waist to let his "speech" resonate/marinate. "66.6% - that's the percentage of the SHL games that've been played this season. It's been fine. The Baltimore Platoon are doing just as expected - hot as a lost panda in a panda suit at a furry convention. Also, literally no injuries all season. Or ever. Why is no one talking about this? It's like we're gods. But we're not. We're not even real--"

Just then, Rob Wright realized he was in a game and his source code was deleted.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Prompt 2

Trade deadline is coming up, as well as the end of the season. personally for the LA Panthers I do not think we are going to do anything at all at the trade deadline because we made all of our moves during the offseason and we don't have much cap space to work with as we are pretty tight against the cap. I also don't see us having any big roles to fill before playoffs, pretty solid all around. The panthers have been on a roll since about just before the mid season. Was a bit of a shaky start but finally started to round into form and playing very well very consistently so I am pretty optimistic that this is the season that we can finally end our seemingly endless streak of being knocked out in the first round, but I guess let's wait and see. Hopefully I have not just jynxed us...

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

tp ssap

ISFL

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

PBE Affiliation

The Philadelphia Forge have had a successful season thus far and are looking to capitalize upon that success in the post season. Looking forward to the trade deadline, I do not believe that there are any moves that needs to be made by the Forge. In a realistic mindset, the Forge will not be able to compete for a cup this post season and moving or adding pieces will not change that. The main draw for the Forge is that this season they looked poised to finally be able to close out a playoff series. The team has been competitive in prior years in the post season but has yet to win a series. They have played top seeds tough in the first round the previous two post seasons and have only gotten better and stronger this year. While this may not be a cup year, they can be the first expansion organization to have post season success behind the play of their top tier defense and red hot top line.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

In the previous two seasons (60 and 61), the Kraken have had the unfortunate and disconcerting history of flaming out toward the end of the season which has ultimately carried over into the playoffs. That trend unfortunately appears to be continuing as of right now. With losses in four of the last five games and only six games remaining in the season, the extremely strong run that the Carolina Kraken made through the middle of the season is being overshadowed by a collective slump among the top two lines that carried the team through that high point. There isn't much time left to find answers, but I'm hopeful that the boys will get back on track heading into the playoffs.

Speaking of the playoffs, it looks like the Kraken are heading for a third straight division title! While a first round bye is all well and good, getting past the second round of the playoffs would be the big achievement that Carolina needs to get the monkey off their back. I guess time will tell whether or not the squidlets can rise to the occasion and elevate their game enough to do that.

PROMPT 2
193 words

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

Prompt one
After a hard loss to the Hall of Famers, the up and comers were ready to prove they still had it in them to win. Up against the grizzled vets again the up and comers didn’t expect them to go down easy. That was until the announcement that regression was changing. The grizzled vets were clearly distracted coming into the game. Many of them were already planning their retirement parties before the game even started. The team felt strong after this game. Lev and Slavakov both got hat tricks despite being down a man for most of the game. Sven got a misconduct right away for sportsmen like conduct. He was trying his best to instigate the grizzled vets by talking about how good it feels to not regress. Pasta almost got a misconduct as well, but they decided just to give him a diving penalty. Turns out grizzled vets shins break significantly easier than he expected. Makrus had a 100% faceoff win rate by just saying the word regression before each faceoff. It felt good to get a commanding win in the knockouts and the up and comers are hyped up and ready to go for the next big game.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

There is a lot of things running through my mind as the season draws to a close. The wolfpack have had a solid season, and I have just set my career best in points and performance. I have amped up my defensive game and am focusing more on the playoffs as I seem to really struggle year after year in the post season and I am praying that my hard work will pay off, and we will see a change in that. Additionally looking beyond the playoffs regression is said to hit, and some players are about to be more affected then others, for myself my regression time just jumped up a season, so I basically have 1 last season left before I become a casualty. With that being said the future of the team may hang in the balance at this point, and without a contract I am weighing my options of what the best decision is for my career going forward.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 12:08 PM by Ohtaay.)

2nd prompt.

Here we are again, about a third of the season left and we sit in a similar spot to past seasons. Being in the top 5, but still struggling to string some winning streaks together. We are currently at the point where we are starting to get better shot advantages in most games, however still find a way to lose despite dominating the shot clock. If we were to make a trade a Texas I think it would be to add another top winger to really push us over the hump - with that being said, we have some youth on the wings that I would not want to give up / punish. Ultimately we all need to keep updating, specially the younger players since the early tpe makes such a difference throughout the season. Heading into playoffs we will need strong goaltending to keep us in games, but all our big guns to find a way to consistently light the lamp.

160 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

The Carolina Kraken are facing some challenges looking toward the playoffs. After a hot streak of sims, the Kraken are now struggling to string wins together. The end of season is important, with the conference leaders all fairly close, and finishing strong is key to building the momentum to carry the team through the playoffs. With the Krakens depth, the attrition of playoff hockey will be an easier burden to bear.

On a personal note, Roddy is going into the end of the season with eagerness and trepidation. What will be his final weeks of his tenure in the J hang heavily, under the shadow of his own empty trophy cabinet. The story of Post-Season for Roderic Banes is written in frustration. He struggles to perform in a playoff situation, and his World Junior Championship appearances have been the same. His regular, highly dependable play collapses and he routinely underperforms . Will he be able to turn it around, here at the end? Or will the specter of not being able to handle the pressure haunt him all the way to Montreal?

[Image: banes.png]

[Image: tjKhJYO.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

PBE Affiliate

Honda in the PBE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Prompt 2

The Calgary Dragons have made many moves in the offseason where they added players in the top 6 forwards and the top 4 defense like adding a superstar defender. The dragons have been on fire this season and went on a crazy streak this season placing them in first place. The offense has been showing up this season and Austin Roenick is having a great season as he once again has a 20 goal season which is like his 9th and he is having a nice +/-. However, the team defense is young and it does not have the experience it needs to make a deep playoff run so maybe adding another great defender would be beneficial to the team. Other than that, the team looks from the veterans to the rookies and at the top of the division and expected to win it. As for playoff opponents, too early to tell but the pride look like one.

[Image: giphy.gif]