Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

Proomt 2

I don't think that any big trade will happen. The season is simmed so quickly that for most users it passed by and for GM... They need time to think about doing trade or not. It is easier to keep the same roster and flick with tactics or strategies. Some would say that under pressure things could happen but if You are GM I can't imagine.. OOOps! I accidentally traded You away. I had this idea in my brain and somehow it popped out. Maybe I'm wrong about why but I'm sure that no BIG trade is going to happen. And feeling about playoffs? Yeah, I have some but this happened so fast that I'm still living at the start of the season. Another thing - I'm a little bit sad about the recent announcement. I think I will have 1-2 playoffs to reach my players' top build and to help Calgary to win the cup. Now I saw that I'm aging faster than I expected. Feeling sucks. The team carried me for so long time and they will need to carry me again after a few seasons.. bruh.

prompt 1

The majority of the first period was dominated by the Grizzled Vets. This should come as no surprise: The Vets have scored 8 points in their last couple of games in the round-robin. Still, the Up-and-Comers showed no signs of slowing, working hard to stifle the lethal scoring weapons at the Vets’ disposal. At one point, the Up-and-Comers’ first line secured a turnover. Unfortunately, Spack Jarrow slipped, losing the puck before a scoring chance could be had. The Up-and-Comers defensive pairing did a remarkable job of stifling The Vets’ offensive efforts through the first.
A two-on-one saw Gonzo Gobbledygook play too cute with the puck as the period came to an end. Eggs for both sides through the first and second.

Marcel Beck and the young defensive core stayed dominant throughout. At the start of the third, the elite youngster halted yet another shot from the old folks. A back-and-forth sequence from both the Vets and Up-and-Comers left both teams without a goal. Gonzo Gobbledygook played savior, creating a turnover, slipping past several Vets, and scoring the game-winner!

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

The Baltimore platoon are sitting pretty at 2nd in the league and 1st in the east nearing the end of the season and though the trade deadline has passed, I don't think we particularly had to do anything to set ourselves apart. We've had a plan for quite a long time to open our window in S62 and we were at a point where all the pieces of the rebuild just needed to fall into place. And now, they have. we've got a lineup of active, top earners up and down the lineup and we are built to be able to survive as a really good team for quite a while. Of course with the regular season almost in the books, the real test begins with playoffs. Though the team has finished very high in the standings for 3 seasons straight now, we all know the playoffs are the real test of a team's worth and our competitive window during the playoffs really opens now. It's time for everything we've worked for to come together.

Quote:Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words)

I think we (the Toronto North Stars) are going to limp into the playoffs and maybe win a game or two against the Stampede or Steelhawks, pretty much in a repeat of last season's playoffs. In terms of a reason why we can't succeed in the post-season... I'm not entirely sure. I think a lot of it would be because of testing time, and also the roster is unfortunately not as strong as it was a few seasons ago when we made it to the conference finals. It was just one of those things that wasn't meant to be, I guess.

For the East, I see the Platoon losing to either Buffalo or Hamilton again, and facing off with each other in the conference finals.
The West has two clear contenders, and I would probably place Chicago above Texas.

The finals will be Chicago vs Hamilton or Buffalo, meaning once again one of those teams will win the Challenge Cup and the world will keep on spinning.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

prompt 2

Well, Archangelo is 2nd in his team's points, in top 15 league wide, has doubled his previous season's assists and Maine, thanks to that, is doing pretty well. sitting in 5th as I am typing this, although in Js this season, losing a badly timed game basically sends you 4 spots back so it's kinda hard to say a specific position, but the top half of the league seems happy to just beat on each other endlessly, so I think everyone in like top 8 has a chance for a really good playoff run regardless of who they are. Obviously, hoping for Maine to do the best, and we have the guns for it, but the competition is fierce and numerous. So overall so far I think the season went reasonably well, obviously would have loved to compete for the top spot in the division and the league and such, but things don't always work out the exact most perfect and we are fighting with what we have going for us, hoping it's good enough to get us where we want to be.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 08:37 AM by tommytightpants.)

prompt 1

The win over the Vets was huge. We were expecting a competitive game, but for it to come down to an overtime win thanks to a Rashford feed to a Pope Coswi goal was a whole other level. There were a lot of big plays - Jarrow absolutely drilled their centre to save an empty net goal at the end of regulation, Montagne was lights out in net (only letting in one), and everyone played with the ferocity expected of our (undeserved) underdog positioning. It almost seemed as if Pope's one-timer flew in slow motion into the back of the net. Everyone held their breath - on both teams - until finally what felt like an eternity of silence was broken by the goal horn going off. The bench erupted, and we couldn't get ourselves on the ice fast enough, throwing sticks, helmets, gloves, everything - it didn't matter anymore. We made it to the finals. We were finally in. 

(160)

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

Two thirds of the season have gone by and while the raptors struggles to a small stretch during the first third, qe have found our stride and are currently 5th in the league with a good shot at 4th. Despite picking up the pace, the team needed to make a move in order to strengthen the team and try to make a deep playoff run. Thats why we recently traded for QCCs Kayden Pale, right defenseman who immediately had an impact on the team, notching 3 points in his first showing. With this new addition, the defensive core has been strengthened and we now have 3 defensemen at 425.

It seems like our most likely opponent will be the Kelowna Knights, who seem to be back to their killowna roots after going through a short rebuild. This going to be a great matchup and a rematch from last years playoffs second round. If we can get over this obstacle, it is going to be hard to stop us.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Prompt 1

Grizzled Vets v. Up and Comers. 

Experience and knowledge versus athleticism and skill.  The age old question that will never really have an answer.  The outcome of a game like this is a flip of a coin.  If the Up and Comers came out flying a took control to the game from the go, the Grizzled Vets would have a tough time keeping up with the younger squad if they hit hard a fast at the start of the game and carried their momentum right to the end of the game.  This did not happen.  The Vets also knew that they needed to take control of the game earlier.  As soon as the puck dropped, the Vets played the body and punished the Up and Comers every chance they could get.  They took all the steam out of the youngers players and through them of their game plan immediately. Doing this allowed them to score the first goal of the game and their know how and experience allowed them to hold on to that lead right until the final buzzer.  They added an empty netter in the last two minutes making the final score 2-0.  The Up and Comers came into this match up so confident, but they learned a very valuable lesson in this loss, never underestimate an opponent.  This loss will go a long way in turning these players in to the Grizzled Vets of the future.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Prompt 2:

The end of the season is coming up, and although things were looking bleak earlier in the year for Leclarcs personal stats, the team was doing well off the gun. Unfortunately, things have become a bit more turbulent as of late, with a couple big slides down the standings coming in back to back waves it felt like. I think this is more Minnesota maybe falling back into the pack where we were expecting, but it was not very fun to see our results end up so swingy from the start of the season to now. I would have rather been going through the motions. I don't think any trade in particular would have saved us, or could have, from being what we are. The monarchs need to be mindful of our current situation, we are a bit shallow as it is in both the SHL and prospect pool, we do have some nice young guns coming, but we need more, and moving for a win-now piece would have been much of swimming up stream so to speak. 180W.

The Forge have been very streaky this season so it has been hard to figure out what exact team we have now coming down to the end. It is either between us or Atlanta for the 3rd place slot in the division to play the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Right now we have a slight edge coming into the close but because of our weird schedule we have about 4 games in hand so it will be a close finish. This season the trade deadline was a bit weird because a lot of teams kind of “like where they’re at” and also because of the salary cap changes, top teams had a bit more of a tight budget and other teams even didn’t have a ton of room to take on retention on contracts. We will see if it will end up being the same playoffs as the usual top teams take it or the teams being slightly closer in tpe might cause the first upset in fhm era.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

The Rage are trash. Point blank period. The league knows it, and we know it. However it is by design as we are in a massive rebuild working towards a brighter future. With that said, I don't see us really being buyers or sellers at the trade deadline. We are a young team with a very young core. REO Speedwagon, Jed Mosley, Thomas Lind and the likes are here for the long haul and the goal is for them to continue to build. The only player I could see as a potential trade piece and this years deadline, would be Redacted. He has the tools to be a top tier goalie but is stuck playing behind a very young and inexperienced group. I could see him potentially looking to move to a better team that may need a goalie although that is rare. For the rest of the season I see the Rage turning the tank engine on at full throttle and continue to stay at the bottom of the standings in hopes of securing a third straight first overall pick.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

In being a prospect for Winnipeg, I'm going to talk about them since the Grizzles SMHJL regular season is basically over.

We are TERRIBLE. I'm not trashing my own team, but it's apparent to everyone. We are last in the league by 14 points. We are out of the playoffs by 52 points. That's INSANE.

I don't think Ace is going to do anything with the team right now. He's not building for the current team, he's building for the dynasty he's going to have once the class of S62 gets to be SHL ready.

I think within about 3 seasons, you'll really start to see Winnipeg rear up and start contending. In another 3, we'll be top dogs looking to win the cup every season. It'll be nice to be in contention for that and reap the rewards of a successful rebuild. I'm confident in Ace's abilities and the fact that we'll contend in a bit, and stay contenders. We're not going to be one and done.

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 06:57 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Prompt 2

Despite holding down a spot in the top five, this season has been less than ideal for the Renegades. We have been outclassed in our own division by the Chicago Syndicate and will have to face them without home ice advantage in these coming playoffs. If we make it past the first round, that is. Well, it sounds believable enough that we should, but with our luck this season we can’t really take anything for granted. It’s a little bit backwards from last season in fact, when it was Chicago getting the bad bounces all season long. Our first round opponent looks to be the Minnesota Monarchs who we are 4-0-1 against this season so far with a game still to be played in the final sim of the regular season. So we’re certainly expecting to make it past them into the second round. But once we’re there, our outlook gets a lot murkier. We went 2-3-1 against the Syndicate in the regular season and frankly, the way this season has been, we’ll be happy if we can give them a good fight. Of course our main goal is to win the Challenge Cup again, but realistically is would seem like anything beyond that second round matchup against Chicago would be a bonus really.

The trade deadline obviously came and went with basically no action whatsoever, which is hardly surprising with the way our budget has been spread paper thin. We still have a good core in place with some good guys coming into their peak and an even bigger bunch already there that will sadly have to take a sizable cut to their TPE come next regression season, but we should still remain in the championship mix for some seasons yet to come.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Prompt 2

I expect for my team the San Francisco Pride to stay just above 500 for the remaining of the season. The number one spot in the Pacific is pretty much out of reach, but spot number 2 is up for grab. As long as we earn a playoffs spot in the Pacific, our playoffs run could get us to the Western Conference Finals. We're the only division without a real top contender and seed number 4 could easily be the one coming out on top. Chicago or Texas will murder whoever came out of our division but I'd gladly take 2 playoffs round wins. In the East, I expect Hamilton to take it more seriously and wouldn't be surprised if they represent their conference for the finals. Honestly, I don't really see the point for the Pride to make a big trade as the team is fairly young and one or two season away to be ready to contend.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

With the ending of the season coming its time to look back on Skoda's sophomore season in the SMJHL. To start off Skoda started the season on the third line with two newcomers Tim Riggins and Chris McZehrl Jr. The scoring for Skoda started off slow being on the third line but points were coming. It was not a lot of points but Skoda was doing all he could with the 13 minutes he was getting per night. With Skoda starting off slow it did not mean his two rookies teammates were not doing well. Being in the rookie scoring lead conversation throughout the whole seasons became a goal for the line to works towards. Trying to get either Riggins or McZehrl the rookie scoring title would be a huge thing for the line. With the season reaching the middle of the way it was clear this third line was putting in the work to get a name out for themselves. Riggins and McZehrl were near the top for rookies and Skoda was keeping pace with them in points as well. Not having any special team time Skoda was basically all 5on5 hockey so honestly was more impressive with how many points he actually got. With the season coming to an end Skoda is very proud of his two rookie linemates.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]