Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

The San Francisco Pride had a disappointing last five games of the season, going 1-4. The team lost two games each to division rivals Los Angeles and Calgary, losing first to LAP in two close low scoring games, 2-0 and 2-1. SFP lost to CGY 3-1 and 5-0, but beat the Tampa Bay Barracuda 6-3. Outside of a strong performance against the Barracuda, the lack of offensive output in the final stretch is concerning for the Pride as they enter the playoffs. SFP will face a familiar opponent in the first round, matching up against the Los Angeles Panthers. Los Angeles finished first in the Pacific Division and third in the Western Conference with a record of 42-22-2. San Francisco finished fourth in the tightly contested Pacific Division with a record of 30-32-4. Beating the Panthers will be a tough task for the Pride. LAP bested SFP in the season series 5-1, but San Francisco believes with game planning specifically against Los Angeles will make the series much closer.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

The preparation we put into this matchup in the days leading up to it was nothing less than meticulous. Hours upon hours of film, specially designed drills in practice, everyone learning their assignments like they were Secret Service to the President. The Vets had beaten us before, we were determined to make sure history didn't repeat itself. The nerves from the first time we played the Vets was still there, but this time, instead of being hampered by it, we embraced it, used it as fuel. The calmness from experience that the Vets had couldn't match our hyperfocus from an abundance of well placed energy. An early power play got us the opportunity we needed, and we were up 1-0. From there, it was all just working on our assignments. Not parking the bus, but just focusing on limiting any and all opportunities for the Vets. A nail biter all the way until the end, but the empty netter with 20 seconds left sealed it. A 2-0 shutout win! Legally, since all our players are under 21, I can't say what beverage we were spraying and drinking in the locker room post game. But we drank a lot of it, that's for sure.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Give how positive the rest of the season went, I don't have too much to complain about. All season, Chicago was one of the top teams all season and that didn't really seem to wane in the back half of the season. In fact, a finish with the President's Trophy largely makes it one of the best regular seasons ever for the franchise. I'm glad that we have put on a good performance to date for our folks that are no longer going to be here after season's end. There's a lot to be proud of having a goal differential of nearly +200. With such a successful regular season behind us, it's really important not to rest on our laurels and get comfortable with the regular season success. The playoffs and challenge cup are really the things that matter. 16 important victories are left in the way. A first round date with the Blizzard is on tap and despite the standings, every out is tough this time of year and I hope we can capitalize on continued success in round 1 and get through to keep playing hockey in round 2.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 02:00 PM by goldenglutes.)

kind of weird that we won as the grizzled vets against the up and come ers when they are clearly just the superior hockey players in the simulation hockey league especially all of those up and coming young bucks and studs and stars and uh other weird ways to describe people as inanimate objects but the point anyway is that the up and comers especially those that are from the atlanta inferno are definitely way better than the old grizzled fucks especially from the atlanta inferno so i guess what happened is we just played hard, played a full sixty minutes, got pucks deep, got pucks on net, and played a good hockey game and dick clapper @5ympathies scored the winning goal it was a dirty one just an absolute filthy garbage goal from the crease just like loui eriksson used to do it and it was a shame because angus @micool132 mcfife the eighteenth (son of angus mcfife the seventeeth i am assuming but you know what they say about assuming) was also in the crease and just came short of clearing the puck before dick clapped it in

prompt 1 btw

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

PROMPT 1-

It was the best of win, we could see grizzled vets players like @Gwdjohnson and @goldenglutes and @hotdoge cry after such a defeat. They were humiliated. The new guard was established with the up and cummers winning so good. Agnes McPipe 81 scored a hat trick and blocked 69 shots. His body was bruised you say? Not one bruise, all that sugonma paid off for the young defenseman. @lepish and @Jepox had 3 assists on these goals by agnes. They also ended the game -1 in a 12-1 win of the young studs. The next step for the young team will be to be the real stars of league. If they win this game, they win it all and will be crowned king by the PT director himself. Each player will get a golden crown while the losers will get tickets to the local soccer team. @mrfinland better prepare nashyboy for moral support because he gonna suffer a big loss to the young guns as he is now a superstar of the league and will play the young and cumming players soon. Nashyboy is a really good boy as well, he could lead them to a win simply by supporting their team.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Pt pass

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Prompt 2:

I think that Atlanta Inferno doesn't need to do any trades at trade deadline. Our core is still young and looking for future. We're going to fight against every team and trying surprise them and took some wins at playoffs. I think that me, Anton need to lead Atlanta Inferno from the front. I ended my season over 60pts, which was huge surprise to myself and I try to keep that mood as long as I can. My goal is to dominate the league one day and bring Atlanta Inferno glory what it deserves definitely. It's definitely interesting to see if the HQ of Atlanta Inferno will made a changes to the team, strenghten it somehow or will we save our bets to Free Agent stage. We will start a huge fight at playoffs and no one team isn't going to beat us easily, that's sure as Nash shit mines, which disturbed squirrels so much.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Given we in Nevada are currently in fourth in our Conference, I sincerely believe that we as the Battleborn are ready to proceed to the next stage in a journey to etch our names in the history of simulated ice hockey junior league stardom as is. Although it'd be beneficial if all parties involved in the team happen to hit their cap so that we're more likely to impress and surprise our competition not only in our conference but in the whole league. I guess I speak as someone who's going on their last ride but I do really think we might be able to pull it off when it comes to the actual playoffs. I feel we got a batch of luck hiding right on that and that'll see us through just fine to the Four Star Cup. Otherwise, we can just threaten bloody everyone and see how that works, y'know what I mean?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Prompt 2 -

Well, the trade deadline came and went. For us here in Winnipeg, we were going in not expecting to make much noise, as most teams are pretty well-filled up on their rosters and cap and there was not a whole lot of room available to bring in players. We were open to making a couple of moves and shipping some veterans out as we plan to make room for a couple of critical call-ups next season, but unfortunately, it just did not really materialize.

Regarding the playoff picture, that’s a dance we’re not invited to. That’s completely expected, and now we await the draft lottery to see where it will all shakedown. We’re hopeful that we do not see a replication of the previous draft lottery, where we held the best odds for the draft but the Manhattan Rage came away with the top selection. Pray to Lottery Jesus, Aurora fans!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

WSBL PT

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

The last time we played the Grizzled up vets, we all got bullied around by Cassius Darrow and Ola Wagstrom. But hey give us a break! Ola Wagstrom was a personal hero of our Center Jonathan Granstrom growing up and so he was a little bit blinded by his love for him. But this time things went differently. We started utilizing our speed over their strength and were able to create space that led to a huge performance from us. We started dumping it in the corners, Granstrom would go make a play for it and then find Bas O'Bigbers streaking into the slot. Bas only ended up with 1 goal but Pasta the Turtle had a rare offensive masterpiece by scoring two slap shots after everyone forgot about him on the blue line. When the game was over we wanted to celebrate hard, but beating players that you grew up idolizing doesn't feel great. Cassius Darrow was a player that I got to see play in person at an IIHF game when I was a kid. I still look back fondly on that so the celebration was much more tame and sportsmanshiply than normal.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Prompt 2

The playoffs picture this season looks unsurprisingly similar to past seasons. It has exactly the same teams as in S61 and S60. The matchups are slightly different though, so that's something.

Before the season even started I knew that there were only two real possible opponents for New England to face in the first round. Unless some extreme upsets were gonna happen, we would finish 3rd in the North East division. Giving us either Buffalo or Hamilton in the first round with them being the given 1st and 2nd place teams. And that's exactly what happened. We finished 3rd and will play against Hamilton.

Now there were definitely trade deadline moves that we could have done. If anything we would've been looking for an upgrade at any position. We're really strong but an extra upgrade on the wing, or D, or even goalie wouldn't hurt as we try once again to get out of the first round.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

prompt 2

Writing this at the absolute end of the season oops, so I guess the prompt doesn't really apply since we're not two thirds of the way through the season we are all the way through the season. Spoiler alert we (the Atlanta Inferno, also referred to as Hotlanta from this point of the point task onwards, the last one hundred words or so) are going to play again the Baltimore Platoon, BAP, WKP, or west kendal platoon as I once knew them. Tread deadline was hella boring, I suppose as a result of the forced parity measures the league has taken over the last few seasons, nobody has any cap space to work with, and if you're buffalo, you can't even afford to re-sign 2k players lol. I was hoping I would get traded to a contender, even for free. Just take my body, but it didn't work out like that unfortunately and so instead I get to help Hotlanta beat BAP in the first round, only to then lose in the second.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

ISFL Affiliate

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird