Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I don't miss PBPs, but I do miss the times when it wasn't always the same teams winning games in FHM. Sure it has its advantages over STHS, but I miss the randomness and that everyone had the chance to win there. Especially for goalies FHM is pretty boring.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Since I entered the league in the FHM era, I feel like there hasn't been much that has been taken away. Things have only been added as the league continues to grow and develop. The only answer I have is 3v3s I guess but at the same time hat tricks are a cool and refreshing replacement.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Bring back the European Elite League (EEL) and the Copenhagen Pagans. GOAT team. Let the old players go have one final hurrah in Europe like David Krejci did in the real world.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I miss the feeling and excitement of being a player, nothing more. I've held so many different jobs in my time in the SHL, I think the feeling of just being a player is so foreign to me now I'm not sure what it's like anymore

The thing I miss the most, although I haven't been in the league that long, is Gus Ceroni. Gus was a vital part of our Anaheim Outlaws squad, and the memory of his player lives on in our locker room. In fact, I maintain (Disciple of Gus) as my server username to help his legacy remain.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

My tpe under the new regression rules

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

I don't know if I've been here long enough, or can think of anything that's gone away in the short time I've been here. I don't miss the older index that we had when I started, though.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I miss the PTs we did where you had to guess who of three players was going to get the most PIM or Blocked Shots or whatever. Mainly because I was hoping to see my name up there at some point.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

I haven’t been around in the SHL for that long, but I miss the PbP’s, particularly my personal favorite has to be game 7 of the S50 Challenge Cup.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I miss chatting with our S53 class regularly (although the last few days there has a lot more discussion after the regression changes became public). I have also been on this site nearly two years and only the same handful of teams have won the entire time and that is really really boring and I hope to get back to a time when the league was more competitive. I don't think the new regression rules will solve it at all.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I miss having box scores and being able to see how my player did easily without having to open FHM on my laptop. Don't miss anything else about STHS tho, so it better this way.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 02:30 PM by CrazyMojito.)

I miss Kal and his consistent streaming time of 3pm EST. Bit of a painful transition this season to life with out Kal, which just goes to show how much he brought to the SHL experience. I also miss the TPE that I will lose thanks to regression happening a season earlier...

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

While I thoroughly enjoy the game-time play by plays from FHM, I do sort of miss the STHS days of play by plays during playoffs or other big events.  It was refreshing and fun seeing so many people flocking to one thread and noticeably spamming their respective browser's refresh button just to keep up on the play (and in turn seeing the reaction in the LR).

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I wish the old regression system was still around, as a member that worked so hard on developing Marner to have his best season taken away and as a member that like to have long careers with his player I feel like this new regression system targets people like me.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I am way to new to the league to really miss anything.  I would like to be able to access a box score for the sims, but it seems that is not too easily accomplished.  STHS was mentioned.  I am in another league that uses that sim engine and I can categorically state that I have absolutely no love for that engine.  Far too random and sometimes the results are purely inexplicable.  For example, my player was given second line minutes plus some PP time.  When you looked at the actual time on the ice, my player was on the ice for less time that the same position on the fourth line.  'Nuff said !!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]