Create Account

PT Director Stepping Down Presser - REDY T O GRADE
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 03:02 AM by SlashACM.)

Hello everyone,

I've alerted HO that I'm going to be stepping down after the conclusion of the s63 season. It's been a fun couple of seasons but PT director involves a time commitment that I'm no longer able to devote to the shl, as well as a need for quick responseness that I'd rather not be liable for anymore (i.e. getting mock drafts and predictions up as early as possible)

I used this time to experiment a lot with different types of PTs and prompts and I think there's some stuff that a future director can expand on or try out themselves. Thank you to all those who stuck with me through the good, the bad, and the pills, and those who even gave me encouragement along the way.

Like I said, you're still stuck with me for a season, and hopefully this next season is my best yet so I can end on a high note. We will see. I'm giving HO a pretty early warning so that they can hire someone new and get them trained during the season so they aren't out of the frying pan and into the fire.

As for the presser part, I'm just curious if anyone has any questions about PTs, prompts I had, or anything in general. Let me know. If you don't have any questions feel free to share your favorite prompt to do or one you liked and I'll uprep you or something.

Thanks for being awesome, much love
-Aleister

too lazy to add answers, grade as is pls - 250 words

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Thanks for all the effort you put into things slash, know it's not easy to come up with stuff that's fun for everyone to do.

What do you think was your best prompt?

Which prompt do you think got the best responses?

Whats the biggest piece of advice you'd give the next ppt head?

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 03:48 PM by Carpy48.)

Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into this job!

Oh right, question:

Who of your predecessors (if any) was your biggest inspiration when you took the job?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

12-08-2021, 03:34 PMKyamprac Wrote: Thanks for all the effort you put into things slash, know it's not easy to come up with stuff that's fun for everyone to do.

What do you think was your best prompt?

Which prompt do you think got the best responses?

Whats the biggest piece of advice you'd give the next ppt head?

Best prompt has to be the pill one. I loved all the options I came up with. And that goes right into the second question, some of the offseason funtimes were really fun to grade but the responses on that prompt where people were just trying to wrap their head around what they were being asked was probably my best work.

Biggest advice is don't let the loud few haters deter you from doing your best job. I put some things in place to stop people from being dickheads to other people/PT director, feel free to use them without going full PT dictator on their asses

Thanks for the questions kya

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 04:05 PM by SlashACM.)

12-08-2021, 03:47 PMCarpy48 Wrote: Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into this job!

Oh right, question:

Who of your predecessors (if any) was your biggest inspiration when you took the job?

@Mike Izzy and @hotdog had some great PTs and hotdog always felt like a chill guy instead of the big bad PT director so I wanted to be like that for sure.

Thanks for the question carpy!

No questions for your presser. Just wanted to say thank you for your PT work and all of the new insightful questions used for the tasks. On top of that, thank you for also taking my random pm's with pt ideas when one sparked up. Really appreciated.

when are we getting portillos

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Thank you for your service to the league for the past few seasons!

Questions:

Thoughts on the changes to the regression system?

Thoughts on Nola missing the playoffs yet again and what is needed to get over the hump?

Thoughts on how your season went? (Besides the playoff miss part)

What advice do you have for the next PT director?

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

12-08-2021, 05:41 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: when are we getting portillos

If you buy, I'll get all cute for our date

12-08-2021, 05:43 PMValorX77 Wrote: Thank you for your service to the league for the past few seasons!

Questions:

Thoughts on the changes to the regression system?

Thoughts on Nola missing the playoffs yet again and what is needed to get over the hump?

Thoughts on how your season went? (Besides the playoff miss part)

What advice do you have for the next PT director?

Not too many of these have to do with the PT position but I suppose I'll answer them anyway. The regression thing is fine I guess, it doesn't solve the issue I have with player building but we'll see how it goes. I don't mind NOLA missing because until we're a top team it's a guaranteed first round exit to Chicago or Texas anyway. My season went fine, better than the last.

My advice for the next director is just to try and make it fun, the prompt twos I had this season were boring bullshit and if those stick around at least have an option for a fun one like the prompt 1s

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 06:03 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I enjoyed the changes that you brought to the PT process and even though I heard of some people not liking them very much, I never really saw that in the first place. Pretty much everyone I talked to liked the work you do, so good job!

But please, as you crowning achievement and big last move, get rid of CW for us :D

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I liked the promt 1 - prompt 2 thing I think it's a good concept aiming to please more people

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Slash, thank you for serving in what is one of the hardest jobs on the site. You did a great job and handled yourself real well. SHL History will look fondly at your time as PT head. Heart

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

No questions for you but I think you did a terrific job and did your best to make PTs fun and interesting.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

As a jobless bum in the league I am appreciative of those of you who put in the extra effort and the PT's seem like a fair amount of hassle. Thanks for all the work you did.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]