Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

PT PASS

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Prompt #2

Well the playoffs have started, and my team barely missed out, losing by a couple of points and goal difference to Anaheim. However, the night of the last day of the season, I had a dream.  In that dream, the Elk ended up making it to the playoffs!  Our first task was against Maine. Going 2-2 against them in the regular season, this wasn't as herculean a task as it seems to be.  Both teams putting out a fight, we ended up winning the series 4-2. Next we would face a team within my team's home nation in the Newfoundland Berserkers. Going 1-3 against them this season, we didn't have a very good chance.  We ended up beating them in the series 4-3. Next would be Carolina, a team we went 2-4 against.  Surprising them early on, we would beat them 4-2 and move on to the final round.  Of course it had to be against my former team, the Las Vegas Battleborn.  The series is tied 3-3, my team is on the powerplay, and its overtime.  Making a mistake, I'm able to take the puck away and score to win the series! I remember raising my arms up in celebration of scoring, only to bring them back down quickly.  I gave a half smile to my former team right before I was mauled by my own teammates. I may have scored, and I may have won the game and the series for my team, but I couldn't get myself to celebrate against a team that I have a soft spot for.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

LAP would have to start by beating SFP which has proven to be a tougher task than many thought. Losing game 5 was disappointing with SFP getting like 4 goals on 9 shots and scoring on their first 2 shots of the game. That was very deflating. However, I have all the confidence LAP can close it out. Next up would be Calgary I think? Games between LAP and Calgary have always been close so I expect the series to be no different. Assuming we beat calgary, the next opponent would be Chicago I believe. They absolutely crushed the regular season so it might take a miracle to overcome that strong team. If we do make the finals, I expect to see HAM or BUF there. Either would be a challenge but let's just say we win. Now we go party in the streets of LA and tell our kids about this triumph. A legendary end to the season to be sure.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

pt pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

I mean realistically the best possible scenario for a cup for the Anchorage Armada would be to get it this season. We already had a bye for the first round because we were too good, so that is a good start. Then in the second round, we face Colorado. They're not an easy team for sure, but definitely beatable, considering how good we are. Next in the third round, we would face a team like Vancouver or Newfoundland. Both are big competitors, that will do everything in their power to get to the finals. But then again, I think we are just better than them overall. Next in the finals is whoever we haven't beaten in the round before, so Vancouver or Newfoundland. We can easily win again, we just have the better team. The playoffs MVP would be Paul Koivu of course. After having a mediocre regular season, because of the terrible coaching, Koivu would show all the doubters wrong by having the best playoffs performance ever.

168 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

ISFL affiliate (negs)

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

The playoff dream is still on for San Francisco. While we went 3 games down and looked to be all but out, 2 wins in a row have given us hope and for this task we presumably pull off the reverse sweep and go into next round with all the momentum thanks to Sven Svenson's heroics in the first round. From there we will then be looking to get revenge for the regular season games against Calgary, a team also facing a tough playoff series currently. However the tables are turned and we go from 1 game away from being swept 4-0 in the 1st round to a clean 4-0 sweep of Calgary in this round. We have the strognest team in the league to play in the conference finals in Chicago but our momentum means we take a close series 4-3 thanks to heroics from Jack Klompus in the final game. With our first apparance in the finals, we face the ever dominate Hamilton Steelhawks, back in the finals once again but the changing of the guard is finally here with SFP taking a 4-2 win.

prompt 1

yes you read that correctly i am going to be answering the first prompt in which i will talk about (haha in this essay i will talk about what a nice meme good job glutes) how the super stars (stars of the super calibre) were able to absolutely demolish and crush the hall of famers in their semi finals match up and how they were also just able to very easily destroy the old whatever the fuck team i am on i think we're called like the old guard or something i am not sure any more to be honest but the old regressing guys that used to be the super stars but are now just the guys taking up space on the simulation hockey league teams such as the atlanta inferno. well who would have guessed that these old decrepit fucks would get beaten by the best players in the league wow those young-ish whipper snappers really got us what a fair matchup they really just scored 5 goals and conceded only 1 and the 1 goal was conceded to none other than mr eko van otter @hotdog (forward) himself yes sir what a goal it was it was a nice redirect of a shot from mr eko van otter (defense) and it was just enough to bamboozle the goalie on the super star team. he could not have done it without the old retirees nathan @micool132 explosion and nolan @Jepox sawchuk cheering on from the sidelines.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

So Edmonton made the playoffs, but I don’t think there was any bracket that could exist where we would have won the cup. Our path would have needed us to beat CHI, TEX, and either HAM or BUF. If we were doing another bracket that gave us the best path, I think we would’ve needed to face SEA first as we played them well most of the season. Round two would have needed to be against SFP as we also played them somewhat well (Much better than LAP or CGY at least). In the conference finals MIN would’ve needed to come out ahead of TEX and CHI since I think we only lost one game to MIN all season. Most of the playoff teams in the East were much better than us (We did somehow beat HAM one game so that was fun). I think our best odds would have been against ATL just based on the standings but I think we could’ve gotten lucky against NEW too.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Prompt #2

Welcome to the jungle! My Kelowna Knights secured a playoff spot setting up the beginning of their march to the finals. Many opponents will come and break against the Knights shields. Up first was St. Louis Scarecrows and as one would expect, straw men don't hold up well against swords and shields and were swept away 4-0. Next up for the grinder was Carolina Kraken, while they were made of tougher stuff in the end they fell to the grinding steal of the Knights losing the series 4-2. In a stunning upset of the Raptors over the Boats. Set the stage for an epic show down of Knights vs Berserkers and two draft rivals to face each other head to head Ignaz Pleyel of the Knights vs Jeff Larrson. This battle was on point throughout the series as both players gave no quarter, each forcing their will on their opponents forcing game 7 finals and next goal wins show down in overtime. Ignaz eventually scoring the series winning goal in overtime after a tipped point shot. In a stunning upset Raptors took out the Whalers setting the stage for a rematch of Knights vs Raptors. In an anticlimactic series, Knights put the Raptors through the meat grinding in a 4-1 series win and being crown S62 Cup Champions and Ignaz Pleyel being named MVP!

(220+ words)

[Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: oMh09WY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png]

Prompt #2 - A Perfect Playoff Tree for the Regina Elk would for firstly, for them to be swapped  in for the Nevada Battleborn - due to a unprecedented event they were not able to take the ice and the other teams were busy.

Round 1: The Great Falls come out flat and lose to us, due to also being thrown off by facing a new opponent they are caught off guard and end up losing in 5 games
Round 2: Vancouver Whalers are ready for us, as they had time in their bye to prepare, but our handwork and teamwork ends up prevailing for us
Round 3: Newfoundland Berserkers a rematch from last year, this time we know their tricks and are able to create a game plan for this; we come out flying and a step ahead and win 4-3
Round 4: Anchorage Armada, finally, here we are in the finals and it looks like our look couldn't bail us out here. Too much craziness has happened and there no way we would win in the finals, even after this storybook luck weve experienced. We lose in the finals 4-1, but what a run it was.

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 12:51 PM by kenvald.)

Prompt 2

If New England was to win the championship we would quite literally have the toughest path through the playoffs tree. It's probably statistically less likely to happen than Miracle on Ice was.

First we'd be required to finish our reverse sweep of Hamilton. Which is always a simple task... After that our opponent in round 2 would be Buffalo. Also known as one of the consistently best teams in recent history. Any series vs them would likely go to 7 games as well. Then in the third round, well, there we'll find Baltimore as the guaranteed Atlantic team to reach the conference finals. Which we've struggled against this season. Then finally, our championship opponent would most likely be Chicago. So nowhere along the playoffs path would we face off against a team where people would actually think we have a chance to win.

They'd all likely go to 7 games which would be a crazy 28 games and probably a league record? That'd also be the reasons we'd win. As the other teams would finish their series in 5 games or less, they'd have cooled down by the time our series would start. And we would all still be on our hot streak.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

[Image: 6NiFfVX.png]

WSBL CW Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]