Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Good You are the vanilla for everyone because I never have picked the first prompt. I mean I open SHL for the imaginary world and then are PT regarded for another imaginary world - veterans, young guns etc.. This goes like the movie Inception. Brainmelt.

Promt 2.

My team had a relatively good season. We were 2nd in the division and since we are in a rebuilding phase this is a huge success on the one hand, on the other we are hardworking people who distribute TP effectively. So top of division would be satisfactory. This situation placed us against Seattle Argonauts. Historically they are handy opponents for us but last 2 seasons they are going up and are not so handy anymore. Also, we did the most painful possible loss in a series that could happen. We lost game 7 in OT. Also, 18 seconds before the end of regular we were with a lead. So if You ask me for the perfect Playoff series I want that 19:43 Cale Amundsen makes a spectacular block save. The puck bounces off to Goodname. The net is empty and he shoots across all ice and scores. We go to LA, sweep them. Then we go to Chicago and have tight 7 game series. None has 2 game lead, very tight. And in the last game burst out the canon scoring like 9 goals clinching the conference. Then we meet Baltimore and they have us hard. We lose 3 in a row. We are down. We have a home game and we play. We play hard. We score dirty goals and get back 3 games with close wins and there is the final game. Game 7. The game is like this - Baltimore scores quick 2 goals. We play a tight game and we enter 3rd period. We are killing a penalty and suddenly Taylor scores a short-handed goal. We are still down one. 7th minute of the period Videl Valor forecheck and steals the puck he pass to Alexis and he scoooores! The game is tied. 5 minutes till the end Baltimore scores another and restores the lead. 1:13 till the end and we play empty net. The game is going to end, Burlok missed the net, icing. Parmborg wins faceoff. Aumy shoots! Rebound! Barry with wide-open net scores 2 seconds before the end of the game! OT starts! Both teams are conservative. We go till 3rd OT. Goodname mishandles the puck in own zone. Starts panic. Baltimore sets scoring chance but in the last moment Eero Makela does the diving save. He just wants to throw the puck out of zone and accidentally hits Roenick. He collects it. Delivers to Weston. Weston gets into the zone. Look for aid. Nobody is free. Brakes! Takes a big slapper! And all he sees is goalie pressing his shoulder to mask and red light behind him! He did it! 3rd reverse sweep in the finals! Weston as series MVP!

Prompt 2

So this is my dream playoff tree, and possibly not technically possible, but it's the best route I can imagine for San Francisco Pride to win it all. In the first round we face the local opponent, Los Angeles Panthers. We go down 0-3, but pull of a reverse sweep. Antonescu gives up zero goals in the last four games, and we win game seven 1-0 in the 9th period of overtime.

In the round two we face Chicago. We come off hot and win three first games. It looks like it's all over! But Chicago climbs back and forces a geme seven. There Antonescu again stands on his head and we pull of a 3-0 victory. In the semi-finals we face Buffalo.

At this point, after beating LAP and Chicago, we are just feeling it and Buffalo never gets going. We win 4-1, while being firmly in control through the series.

In the finals we face Hamilton. This is a tough one, but we have it all figured out. We have hired a hacker from the dark web to infect all smart devices every HAM people and their extended family have. The virus makes it impossible for them to test sim, but it runs billions and billions of sims to find a perfect strategy for us. This leads us to winning every game by 10 or more goals. We win the cup and even their fucking fridges were helping us! It was easy. MVP was split between Antonescu and the anonymous hacker we found from the dark web. Boring you say?

[Image: sulov.gif]

So first off we have Seattle, no big deal right? Not like it's gonna go to a game 7 and we lose out. Nope, we spank them and take them in 5. All cylinders are firing and we are red hot. We go into the second round with the view of the cup on the horizon. There we meet LA, I only know this because they are who Seattles playing and I am much to lazy to actually look at how matchups are made. So from here on out, everything maybe couldn't happen. LA has a hard fought series with us. Lots of back and forth, close games. We battle it out and steal the series with a win in game 7. Both teams deserved to move on from this, but we ended up being the victor. Round 3 has us playing Hamilton. They cruised to a win over the Stampede in round 2. We're nervous, what has Hamilton figured out now that no one knows about in the sim? They try their best to exploit, but its all for naught. Calgary in 6. The finals has us against the juggernaut that is the Chicago Syndicate. We're scared, rookies don't want to play. Who cares? We go out and absolutely dismantle them. To the surprise of everyone. Calgary sweeps the Syndicate to win the Challenge Cup. MVP? There isn't one, it's MVT and it's all of us.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

In all honesty, I don't believe there is a path that takes us to the cup without some luck. The team is young and growing. We've made playoffs back to back which is great. But we had a rough regular season against a lot of the teams in our division. Anyone other then Chicago probably would have given us a chance to get through the second round. But regardless in the reality of this prompt we'll roll with chicago. In a twist of fate and luck, we manage to take them to game 7 and steal it from them. Smith and Ward having known each other from their time in QCC gives their teams pointers in what the weak points of their game are. Leading us into a match up with Texas, which goes to game 7 again. Ward standing out against a hailstorm of pucks. And offensive showings from players like Sutton. In the Semi's we face off against LAP. Taking them in 6 games leading us to the final against Buffalo. Where Ward faces off against his long time idol in Doyle. A heroic effort from both goalies takes it to game 7. In the 9th overtime a puck deflects off of Doyles on pad and causes an own goal. Leaving your Blizzard as Champions!

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Fileworker PT pass.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Here is the true way that the Manhattan Rage win the cup. The top teams in the league all get removed from the playoff picture due to the new Omicron variant going around. This takes out the Hawks, the Platoon, the Renes and the Stampede and we add the Aurora, the Rage, the Patriotes and ourselves. In round one we win because the Barracuda forget to put their starting goalie back in and the Rage take the series in 7 because even with the back up in net, the Rage suck. Redacted stands on his head for the game 7 win. The rage take care of the Patriotes and the Wolfpack thanks to paying off the refs en route to a match up with surprising underdog Winnipeg Aurora. In a hard fought battle in which the refs are not paid off and the starting goalies play every game, the Rage lead by 9 points in 6 games by Jed Mosley Jr and fantastic goaltending from playoff MVP Redacted go on to win the Challenge Cup...... and then I woke up.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Prompt 2

This Texas Renegades team has had their sights set on winning the championship(s) in this decade ever since they kicked off their rebuild some time in the S40’s. We already made our goal in S59 and have been treating every season since as ‘our season’. But while we did make it back to the finals last season, the final outcome of that series was a huge disappointment which we are definitely looking to put right this time around. 

The truth of the matter is, that with this current divisional playoff format where not just the first, but the first two rounds are played in-division, it is highly likely that the western conference crown will once again be all but decided in the extremely likely second round matchup of Texas vs Chicago. With all due respect to the other western conference teams in contention, that’s just how the current state of the league is and it’s very evident from the regular season standings as well. We have in fact already seen that both these teams have secured their berths in the second round with little quarter given to their first round opponents. Texas won their series against Minnesota 4-1 and Chicago was even quicker and simply swept Edmonton out of their way 4-0.

As a Renegade, I am of course hopeful that we will have what it takes to beat Chicago in this series, but they have certainly shown incredible dominance over the whole league this season and we will have to get the best out of each and every player on our team in order to break the Syndicate. It will likely take all seven possible games to decide this one, hopefully again in our favor.

Assuming that we do, then frankly, I wouldn’t be too worried about the conference finals matchup, as if we are able to beat Chicago to advance, we should also be able to defeat either Seattle or LA without too much trouble. I would allow one, maybe two games to be won by the opposition in this series.

The finals though promise to be another tough series against one of Buffalo, Baltimore or Hamilton probably. We have dramatic finals history with both the former and the latter and it would certainly be a heated series. Buffalo would look for revenge for their defeat in the S59 finals while we would seek the same for last season’s crushing sweep at the hands of the Steelhawks. This one also, if we are to win it, it will probably take all seven games to decide it. The same also applies if our finals foe will turn out to be Baltimore. Though we perhaps lack the animosity borne out of previous dramatic playoff series, they are surely also a formidable foe, clearly so if they have made it past the likes of Buffalo or Hamilton to reach the finals.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Well, since the LA Panthers have already dispatched the San Francisco Pride in the first round, we’ve finally gotten over the hump with respect to our recent postseason woes. As to who we’ll face next, in this imaginary scenario we’re taking on the Texas Renegades. I’ve always felt that their point total through the regular season gets a little inflated because they beat up on two bottom feeders pretty regularly. But with Grape Fruit, Jimmy Wagner, and Long John Donair (if he can score smdh), we will secure the victory over 6 games. The big keys to winning that series are all offensive; our goalie has been playing out of his mind, too, so that’ll help. In the next round it’ll more than likely be Chicago, and I think our high octane offenses will cancel out and it’ll be a hard fought seven game series with a bunch of close low scoring games. In the finals? You know it’s Hamilton at it again. But not so fast! We edge em out in seven games as well. We will play almost the maximum games allowed, but damn if that’s not a satisfying Challenge Cup then I don’t know what is.

PBE PT

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

i was going to write about how Harry Carpet saved it for team grizzled vets, but Carpet is still killing it and might in fact be "saving it" for the super star team. Scrolling through the index and I see that there are a handful of players that I had thought were going to be "grizzled vets" but are still performing at a "super star" level, namely Cassius Darrow, Theo Morgan, Monkey D Luffy, and the entire Syndicate roster (sorry Jess. too superstar to play with us).

Eko Van Otter, Corey Kennedy, Gabe Johnson, Dick Clapper, Matt Kholin, Esa Parmborg, Brennan Kennedy, and Tony Pepperoni all play well. These were players who learned to ignore tokolosh and wagstrom clapping their sticks, looking for outside one-timers. these players have coached and managed and learned to utilize sub 1800 builds, while the latter just grinded so that they could coast and ask the former for build advice. super stars win and the loss is shouldered by the whole team, because they are professionals, but everyone knows that it was julio's fault.

In my index clicking, I see that the league only had 4 fights this season. fucking soft.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Well first of all let’s get this out of the way: Buffalo can only win the Challenge Cup if Hamilton is already out of the playoffs. If Buffalo has to play Hamilton at any point, it’s automatically a series loss.
However, say some freak accident happens or something and Hamilton gets eliminated before they have to face Buffalo, I think Buffalo wins no matter who we end up playing. I think certain teams would give us trouble, for sure, but I don’t think we’d lose a series to anyone else. Baltimore, Chicago, and maybe Texas again, I think would give us a run for our money. However, I think we would end up on top in the end.
The most valuable player would probably be Steve Harrington. He was the best player by far in the SHL regular season, and I don’t see him having any issues carrying that over to the playoffs.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤