Create Account

When HO causes a civil war

12-18-2021, 11:06 PMsve7en Wrote:
12-18-2021, 10:18 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Yeah I know that, but it's crazy to me that there are some members who unironically think that three years isn't long enough.

Drastic changes are needed to fix some of the issues SHL has and if this is how people are gonna react to the most minor of changes it's gonna be a shitstorm when we finally try to fix stuff.

Because they're not going to fix stuff with the proposed ideas.

How do you say that with such certainty without knowing the proposed changes :o

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Side? I am on no one's side because no one is on my side

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

12-19-2021, 12:18 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Side? I am on no one's side because no one is on my side
Maybe if you stopped shitting in the corner of the room...

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

12-19-2021, 12:19 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-19-2021, 12:18 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Side? I am on no one's side because no one is on my side
Maybe if you stopped shitting in the corner of the room...
i will never stop

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Hamilton Steelhawks. Always Hamilton Steelhawks...

Personally am team micool

@micool132 win dat cup bestie

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

I'll obviously have to join Luke. No other choice.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 09:20 AM by sve7en.)

12-19-2021, 12:10 AMKeygan Wrote:
12-18-2021, 11:06 PMsve7en Wrote: Because they're not going to fix stuff with the proposed ideas.

How do you say that with such certainty without knowing the proposed changes :o

Because Cal has constantly been trolling people unhappy with the regression changes, which have been the only idea shown to the site, and I'm telling him (and others) constantly that the regression change isn't going to be much of a fix for the problems, that there are alternative ways to deal with tpe inflation without touching regression, and people are more upset about the implementation of the regression plan than anything else.

I'm eagerly awaiting your other plans, don't get me wrong, but this was a regression oriented post and reply and nothing else.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-18-2021, 07:56 PMJimmysmo27 Wrote: When the SHL inevitably splits off into multiple warring factions vying for control and power, who do you think would come out on top?

Personally my money is on us simmers, seeing as we control the means of production. Perhaps the simmers don’t even start a faction, and just split off and do solo mercenary work for the highest bidder.

We would simply seize the means.

It’s not that nobody else can do it, it’s that we tolerate the inconsistencies and clerical errors to ultimately attempt to enjoy a hobby.

One thing i've learned from all my sim leagues, is that you never want to be on simmers naughty list.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 12:53 PM by artermis.)

@Velevra @Chris-McZehrl

yooo remember when we were ready to throw hands with SHL HO?

That would've been fun

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

im gonna join ho and take away all the tpe

really give everyone something to complain about

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

12-19-2021, 09:20 AMsve7en Wrote:
12-19-2021, 12:10 AMKeygan Wrote: How do you say that with such certainty without knowing the proposed changes :o

Because Cal has constantly been trolling people unhappy with the regression changes, which have been the only idea shown to the site, and I'm telling him (and others) constantly that the regression change isn't going to be much of a fix for the problems, that there are alternative ways to deal with tpe inflation without touching regression, and people are more upset about the implementation of the regression plan than anything else.

I'm eagerly awaiting your other plans, don't get me wrong, but this was a regression oriented post and reply and nothing else.
I'm trolling because it's incredibly obnoxious to watch non radical change occur and to see people so up in arms over it. If careers had been cut in half or something crazy yeah I'd be on your side for this, But you're still going to be able to have the longest careers of the big three sim leagues. If we can't handle the smallest of changes like this then it's going to be impossible to fix things. I swear HO is going to implement something to fix the current issues that allow the same teams to win the cup over and over, and people threaten to leave the site over it.

I'm sorry you guys think HO isn't doing everything perfectly, but there are over 500 members of the SHL. We're not going to end up with a solution that everything thinks is perfect, but you're all going to have to learn what the word compromise means.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 01:28 PM by sve7en.)

12-19-2021, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-19-2021, 09:20 AMsve7en Wrote: Because Cal has constantly been trolling people unhappy with the regression changes, which have been the only idea shown to the site, and I'm telling him (and others) constantly that the regression change isn't going to be much of a fix for the problems, that there are alternative ways to deal with tpe inflation without touching regression, and people are more upset about the implementation of the regression plan than anything else.

I'm trolling because it's incredibly obnoxious to watch non radical change occur and to see people so up in arms over it. If careers had been cut in half or something crazy yeah I'd be on your side for this, But you're still going to be able to have the longest careers of the big three sim leagues. If we can't handle the smallest of changes like this then it's going to be impossible to fix things. I swear HO is going to implement something to fix the current issues that allow the same teams to win the cup over and over, and people threaten to leave the site over it.

I'm sorry you guys think HO isn't doing everything perfectly, but there are over 500 members of the SHL. We're not going to end up with a solution that everything thinks is perfect, but you're all going to have to learn what the word compromise means.

Fun fact, it's also incredibly obnoxious to explicitly state how something is unfair and then have people claim your argument is a different one. 

Some have continually ignored that I've condemned some of the S53 and S54 backlash that's actually self interested, and I've been a supporter of steeper regression despite it negatively affecting my goals regarding player length. I want this new curve that has less time at the top and while I don't think 9 season regression is the way to deal with TPE inflation I'm accepting that HO believes that to be the better solution.

I both explained the flaw in the current idea and provided  alternatives that still achieve HO's goals while not unfairly skipping a season of the timeline that players were looking forward to. I do this because I see the value and want the effects of the changes, so don't try and tell me that I don't understand what compromise looks like. That I came up with alternatives does make me think they didn't do everything perfectly, yes, but I respect the work they put in and the opinions they have. You don't have to blindly throw yourself in front to protect them and I've had it with this idea that we're all trying to put our careers first over this league.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

If anyone is confused where they stand, sve7en is Steve Rogers, Cal is Tony Stark.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland