S62 Championship Week

1. Trivia - 3 TPE 
A. Verification 

12. Milestones - 3 TPE 
+3 TPE for Milestones

WSBL CW - 9 TPE 
+9 TPE for 3 total tasks

4. +1 TPE
2. Time is a flat circle. We just keep going around and around, running into the same teams over and over. While its possible that we would have gotten a different mix, I do doubt it. Certain teams are making a big run and have the TPE talent, like the Baltimore Platoon and recently Edmonton, but they just aren't able to get the wins when playoff time comes around. its not a surprise that the only way we get different teams in the mix is when the awful seeding elements of FHM strike. And all the while, HO refuses to make impactful changes. Yeah its nice that we are getting some regression changes but that only helps lower the ceiling slightly. So instead of HAM making it every season, maybe they make it every other.

16/16 TPE

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 11:17 PM by Crazylemire.)

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...st&p=12596

CW ISFL +

Milestones +3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3150950

Victor Helstrom

12/16

Quote:
Citadelles

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Go leafs

2. Written, 3 TPE, GM stands for Great Man (150 words min.)
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim
My S8 draftee Cole Reinhart (Tez) has to be one of the greatest general managers of all time in the SHL. The dude built an absolute dynast with the Edmonton Blizzard winning four Challenge Cups and what is even more impressive is that he managed the team to three cups in four seasons with an incredible dynasty in season thirteen, season fifteen and season sixteen. Tez also won three Lance Uppercut Awards being selected as the best general manager in the SHL. Tez was really able to bring together an Edmonton franchise that was suffering through a long rebuild and bring them to glory. He was a great leader in the locker room, great marketer rebranding the Edmonton Comets to the Edmonton Blizzard and also made a lot of great trades, draft picks and free agent signings. Overall Cole Reinhart was a highly respected general manager in his day and was someone who set the standard for the league in terms of what it takes to be a great general manager.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Busts (150 words min.)
There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.
One of the biggest draft busts of the season fifty four SHL draft comes at the hands of the Chicago Syndicates first pick in the first round at seventh overall with Vitek Vitecek. However, this was not supposed to be the player Chicago was going to take. They had their eyes on Newfoundland prospect Mats Marner at the time and had in depth talks about how they were going to selected him at seventh overall. Then with a surprisingly last minute trade on the draft floor, the Calgary Dragons traded up to sixth overall to snipe Marner the pick before he was projected to go to Chicago. Looking back the move really hurt Chicago as they ended up drafting a player seventh overall who never made the big league and Marner lost out on what would have been a cup run with Chicago in season fifty seven. But its funny how things played out as Marner is on the Syndicate now after signing with the team in free agency in season sixty.

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. What is worth more to you, a cup win in the FHM era or the STHS era?
I think a cup win the FHM era means more because it is not completely random anymore and is something you really have to be on a team with players that have a good amount of tpe and a team that has strong knowledge of coaching tactics and testing in the FHM strategy world.

b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
I think we would have seen the same final 4 as last year with Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo had Buffalo and Hamilton not faced each other in the second round in the eastern conference and Texas and Chicago had not run into each other in the second round of the western conference because I think these are the top four teams when it comes to the blend of coaching and player tpe.

c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
I would relocate this franchise to Quebec City because I think they would be a great fit. There would not need to be any SHL division realignment as Quebec city could still stay in the same eastern division and is not too far away geographically from Hamilton in comparison to other teams in the league and is a big passionate hockey city.

d. Who is the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years?
Hands down the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years is my boy Ryuuji Minamino @Nhamlet from the Chicago Syndicate. He has been a beast breaking point records and goal records during the regular season popping off with over one hundred points and sixty goals. There is nobody who has been better offensively in the last two seasons.

12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3150598

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 10:38 PM by RashfordU.)

+3 TPE - Task 12: SMJHL Milestones 

+3 TPE - Task 1: Rantanen

+3 TPE - Task 4: I do think the SHL has missed on the regression changes.  I would have much rather seen steeper regression on the backend after a peak of 4-5 seasons long rather than a 2 year peak with a slower decline.  I think players work really hard to get to where they are at, and disincentivizing them during that process doesn't bode well to long term retainment of players.  that being said, I am a new player here and am more than willing to be wrong.  I would actually love to see the steeper back end of regression combined with an option for training of +7 for $2M.  I understand there is a huge discussion of TPE Inflation, but when you factor in shorter seasons, the extra 16 TPE gained from having a +7 would be very useful but not cause big inflation that people are concerned about (when combined with new regression).  I do appreciate that HO cares and is constantly listening to feedback, and look forward for what is to come. (171 Words)

+1 TPE - Task 6A: I believe that a win in the FHM era is tougher, because I was not around during the previous era.  That being said, I think the dominance of teams in the FHM show that it takes a combination of a ton of factors in order to be successful.  You cannot just have good players, or good tactics, or luck, you need to have all 3 of those. (67 Words)

+1 TPE - Task 6B: Yes, I do believe those were the 4 best teams.  CHI is a team that clearly looks destined to finally disrupt the HAM dynasty, but they are still looking to get over the hump.  After a massive season from Ryuuji, I am interested to see how he team bounces back and what they do to become a champion in the SHL. (61 Words)

+1 TPE - Task 6C: I would relocate Hamilton to Boston, because every league needs a team from Boston that is hated.  That being said, I personally have nothing against Boston teams, but I believe it would add to the hate from the crossover to the MLB, NHL, and many other major sports franchises.  Then they can be named the Boston Tea Partiers. (56 Words)

+1 TPE - Task 6D: The best player is easily Ryuuji Minaino.  Not only is Hamlet arguably the best SMJHL GM in the league (has won GM of the year 3 times in a row), but he absolutely crushed the goal scoring record this year by potting 60 goals.  Early regression is about the only thing holding back Ryuuji from having absolutely monster back to back seasons. (though, still expect him to crush it again next season). (72 Words)

+3 TPE - Task 14: I think New England is about to go into a truly long and tough rebuild.  I have a feeling the timing of the GM stepping down could cause a massively exodus of talent from that team.  Had the team resigned players prior to the leaving of the GM, I could see the team being able to keep building normally, but the fact only 1 forward was signed at the time of the GM search, I think the damage was already done and players had already been eyeing their way out.  It will be very interesting to see how many players from the S62 team will still be dressing for the roster on the S63 team.  That being said, I truly look forward to seeing where some of these players end up landing if there is a large exodus.  Their upcoming drafts will be very key to current players in order to build trust in the new GM and the direction of the team.  The New NEW GM is about to get a ton of calls, no matter what. (178 Words)

Total TPE = 16

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 04:12 PM by mer.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

froggie

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?

a. I really think the veterans of the site give it a lot of flavor and worth, so a STHS cup is worth more to me. It speaks to how long that person has been on site and what changes they've experienced - that being said, I'd be happy to have any cup!
b. Probably? There's a lot to be said about matchups, given the big powerhouse teams and their singular knowledge about FHM. I bet we're going to be seeing the same 3 or 4 teams in the finals for the next 5 seasons, unless there's some crazy trades and surprise retires that throw everything out of balance.
c. Saskatchewan deserves some more SHL teams. They've got Regina in the J league, but nothing in the majors. They could go to Saskatoon, or some other fun places like (part of) Flin Flon, Estevan, Swift Current, Moose Jaw, and more. They could get the Kelowna treatment and get a little spotlight. Just no more southern US teams, please.
d. I'll go with Henrik Lekberg Osterman, who has had 60+ point seasons going back to S58 (S60 saw 57, but let's just round up). I like the San Francisco Pride, wanted them to beat LA, so I hope HLO and other SFP players (Kev Kevens mayhaps?) can see the finals in the next few seasons.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Blow it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?

I've gotta go with Toronto. With one prospect and many older players, something needs to happen there. Hopefully a new GM can come in to revitalize and give some love to the players there right now for another season or two, and then when they choose to retire, get the trades going on and grab all the picks they can for a totally new team. It'll be rough for a lot of seasons, but Toronto doesn't really have another way going forward (that my very limited SHL brain can see). To look at other possible teams that may need to scrap what's going on, NEW looks like it may be a possibility. I'm just looking at age of players and how many prospects are listed, and they seem to be lacking slightly. It can't be easy to just blow up a team - need to take the current roster and their feelings about the team into consideration.

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, Apocalypse Now 150 words min
In the not so distant future (s64), 4 Texas Hamilton finals in a row have seen most of the SHLers quit out of spite. Only a select few remain. Head Office reeeeaaally likes having 20 teams so they have now allowed every user to have 5 players to fill the void of everyone who left. Name your other 4 players that aren't your current player, select their positions, and decide their focus and path in the league. Postulate where they end up after the draft and how the players pan out.

1. Xi Ye Letterman is a winger with her sights set on following in her mother's footsteps as a HoFer. I still don't know teams that well but she can be on Seattle because she's from Hangzhou and likes port cities.
2. Sheila Bushwacker was stolen by a dingo and raised by drop bears who taught her how to skate on salt flats. She's incredibly agressive and known for scratching during fights. She'd be on Manhattan because she's always in a rage.
3. Tessa Westleigh is a speedy little winger that zips around the ice and tips in tricky shots. Her main love is writing romance novels so she signed with Toronto, where a majority of her readers live. She plans on playing hockey as long as she's able, and writes in the incredibly long offseason.
4. Percival of Vrenderbar entered the modern age via freak time travel accident, but quickly took to hockey. He's a shutdown defenseman with a tendency to spear his enemies, and was taken in by the Chicago Syndicate. He could be returned to the Middle Ages at any time, but will play out his days until then.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 08:17 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:

Verification Word: SaltySlash?

---

Code:

a) Toss-up. On one hand, Simon T has a lot of RNG, because it tends to prop up the bottom teams as long as their TPE counts are somewhat reasonable. This can lead to bad teams winning a ring, but can also lead to a good team being starved of championships through fluky playoff nonsense. Buffalo could've won more than 2 rings with their good rosters, and San Fran could've contended more than they did, being deprived of rings due to Chris Partridge having horrible save % luck. Then you have FHM with them costing players rings that have talent but no one else on the team. I'd be inclined to say Simon T though.

b) Baltimore and Tampa Bay are making strides and I think with reworked seeding they could've maybe gotten an upset had things gone differently. Not that the Big 4 are bad, but Hamilton did have a substandard regular season, and Baltimore were like 3rd in the race for our version of the President's Trophy. Who knows?

c) Cleveland I think is one of the biggest markets with no SHL team, so you could go them. I believe they are around the Great Lakes area as well, so it wouldn't cause a major divisional shift. I was also advocating Kansas City for divisional alignment before everything went to hell, and it might fit if you move and rework teams.

d) Sven Yksaft or however you spell it is probably the most purely talented player to not make a finals in the past 2 years. Ryuuji Minamino had a monster season this year and no finals to show for it. Karl Krashwagen's had an interesting career for a Baltimore team that is right at the cusp.

---

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3150845 +2TPE

---

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?

I really feel like we're fine. Hamilton will have core players that get bored soon of the culture and move on. Also, its not like they've won every Cup. Chicago and Buffalo and NOLA had their turns, and Texas built from nothing at the start of Simon T to a competitive team. Other teams can follow that model, and I really doubt theres so many specific strategies that Hamilton are exploiting to make them unbeatable, otherwise they'd use them in the regular season too to get a better seed and not risk losing out on home ice advantage.

Of course, everything's up in the air cause of the infamous regression decision and the fact COVID is opening things up in society again. A lot of teams might lose their lunch to the oncoming changes in the league, and Hamilton and Texas could be among them. Parity is such a minor concern compared to maintaining user retention and etc.

---

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

Seems like Ireland could be the wink tip for an upset, as Elizabeth Doyle is holding down the fort well with a save percentage of .927. Canada is also getting some magnificent goaltending from Damien Vertigo, as well as some quality from Rotticus Scott up front. I think Bobby Lane and Adam Barron will continue to be the real straws that stir the drink for Canada, but we'll see how the playoffs develop.

Surprisingly a competent Great Britain team is suffering a bit through, starting 2-3. Their stalwart goaltender, "Lucky" Luca Del Vecchio, is off to an awful start. He['s battle-tested and could turn things around, but maybe its just one of those days.

---

Affiliate Claim for the rest I guess: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid545920

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

Task 2 (3 tpe - why isn't this shit worth 4 so we have to do less?)

If you're looking at Great Men as GM's in the SHL, there's a few guys who stick out in my mind far and above any other users. If you know me, you know that when I think of what the GM job entails, it's to keep players engaged in the league no matter what. As such, I think that the SMJHL is a far tougher job for a GM than an SHL GM will ever have. Because of that, guys like 7 and Trips instantly come to mind. However, I will say that just about every J GM deserves the Great Man award. The amount of risk that they take, and the time that they invest, in first gen players is huge. To keep the active guys interested after they're capped for a season and a half, to keep on the guys who might go inactive, and to keep trying to get the inactive guys to come back. That's dedication to the league, and to their teams. It's the hardest job in the league, and they don't get anywhere near enough respect.

Task 3 (3 tpe - why isn't this shit worth 4? cw sucks)

I feel like the draft that had Pris and Zach go 1 and 2 OA is definitely notable as a bust draft. Since I'm struggling to force myself through CW, I'm going to go into a tangent about my experiences in that draft. As Co of Minny at the time, with the 2oa pick (or was it 1? Does it matter?), we were set on drafting one of them. Then Hallsy comes in, and he wants the pick. He absolutely won't draft Pris or Zach, and after a lot of internal bullshit we finally agree to make the trade. Draft comes, Hamilton picks Pris and Zach as 1/2, or 2/1. That trade killed the league for me for a while, but it worked out because they both ended up going inactive and it didn't turn into the super draft that Hamilton wanted. One of the few times that Hammy didn't win. But hey, they're in the fucking finals again.

Task 18 (a measly 3 tpe)

With the recent mass exodus from the league, HO has decided that we can all have 5 players to try to keep the 20 team thing a real possibility. I'm going to have to be original with my names here, and go with Lefty, Righty, Backy, Backy Junior, and Stickers. They're all going to be defensemen, or defensepeople if you will, because defense wins championships. With the upcoming SHL draft, they've all spoken to scouts to make sure they end up on the same team. In reality, six teams have no management staff left because of the exodus, and the other teams are insistent that they aren't going to draft 1 of them, let alone all 5. So, I do the only rational thing that there is to do. I apply for the GM position every single team that has an opening. I apply for Co-GM spot of any team I don't get hired for. In the new SHL, though, I get a GM position. I draft my players, and that's it. Then I quickly go inactive, and the entire thing is for naught.

Task 20 (3... 3 tpe)

Screw your rules, I'm doing this one my way. I'm going to plug the best sim league to ever exist. Get On My Hockey League. People today don't know about the joy that was the GOMHL, so sit down and let me tell you about it. GOMHL was a very casual league, and it should absolutely come back. Weekly AC's were worth 8 tpe, and you could do a 200 word media about anything league or player related to net yourself 2 more tpe. That's 10 tpe a week for no real work. The league had a hard cap of 500 TPE, and your player was autoretired after like 5 or 6 seasons I think. That hard cap of 500 TPE made STHS really interesting, and while some meta's did exist, it really forced you to decide your build ahead of time. There was no weekly training, the money from contracts was used for equipment once a season but it was so expensive it wasn't worth it most of the time. Seasons took a couple of weeks because a lot more games were simmed every day. And, most importantly, with @Pris and @Slowpoke, we won the cup do do dododo

Task 12 (2 because fuck milestones)

milestone post

Task 1 (4?!?!?!?!?!? oh, 3)

Victor Helstrom - texham

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

S62 Milestones (3 TPE)
Milestones

Penguin

There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.

I think the best GM that the SHL has ever had would easily be Jess. She is a beautiful and incredible human who is the entire heart and soul of the Nevada Battleborn. She took over a team that was quiet, barren, and directionless and reforged it in her image. Just a few seasons ago, the Battleborn were desperately looking for personalities to joined their locker room and liven things up as the team has become dilapidated and Jess spent countless our pouring herself into the team to make it what she wanted it to be. A beautiful little family where everyone loved each other and everyone fit in. In Nevada we don't talk about games much and we don't let the losses get to us because Jess puts everything on herself. We spend time trying to cheer her up instead of getting down about a loss because we know the work she has put into this team and everything she does trying to help us be the best. We love you Jess, now its been fucking pontos.

There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.

I think the biggest draft bust in SHL history was a pick made in the juniors by the Anaheim Outlaws. You see this team made the mistake of drafting some effortless, spiritless husk known as IsaStarcrossed, the user behind Adelie de Pengu. They spent a pretty high draft pick on him at three overall and soon after the team began to collapse with a change in team leadership. After talking to his SHL GM, Isa thought there was a chance he might go up. He wasn't a fan of how the Outlaws were blowing things up and Manhattan felt like they had room on the roster that Pengu could fill immediately. Isa let the new Anaheim GM know he was likely going up, so he was traded to the Battleborn. Once there he was reunited with his girlfriend and went into an incredible locker room environment led by Jess and he never looked back. He fell in love with Nevada and is still there, but was a bust for Anaheim.

Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

Obviously I think Sweden is going to win it all in the WJC. I know what you're thinking. Isa, you say that every season! Well, this time it is going to happen. Sweden has all of Adelie de Pengu's favorite players on it and they are fair shake representatives of the Swedish moose. With incredible stars like Willie Miller, Melvin, and Adelie it is only a matter of time before they shine their brightest and get Sweden over the hump. They've been incredibly close in recent seasons, but now I feel like their premier young stars are really at their peak and I think they'll shock everyone. Go Sweden!

21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 100 words min
HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just put you in charge of picking the new one. So elect a new PT director, tag them, and explain why you think they'd be a great fit for the job. Or just someone you want to torture.

Obviously the best possible PT director you could have is @schwarnarr. She is an absolutely incredible person who loves to chat and to find topics to talk about and is super organized. She's creative and friendly and always open to new ideas, so I think finding a new task for people to do every week would be super easy for her. She would also likely drive herself crazy though because once she starts something she becomes super obsessed and dedicated and can't walk away and so she would continue doing her best until the end of time even when she ran out of ideas and had nothing else to go on. She's the absolute best on that.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

CW Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 01:19 AM by Mook.)

Milestones +3

Code:
1. Trivia: Mook / Victor Helstrom

Code:

A. A cup in the FHM is worth more now to me. I've won 6 of them in the old Era and would love another 6 in the FHM era. While FHM isn't the greatest sim, it still has it's flaws that teams will attempt to get the most out of their team with the least risk but it would be way more rewarding knowing that you build your team from ground up with in depth tactics.

B. Anything can happen in the sim and the RNG can hit hard. When no one wants to play for bottom tier teams because top teams can pay the same and they will win cups then they don't stand a chance. If you force GM's to pay 1600+ TPE players more then parity will be solved

C. Mississauga. They have an empty Amazon warehouse they could probably turn into an arena. Sure the team will likely get covid but everyone has it at this point. It's an upgrade in population but it's still a shit town and I wouldn't go there to watch a game. Maybe Nunavut instead, they could just play outdoors

D. Steve Harrington, poor guy is playin his heart out but BUF just chokes in the playoffs and can't get through to the finals. I'm sure they will look at changes in the next season to try and make sure that doesn't happen, if they don't then Harrington might be leaving Buffalo without any hardware in the new Regression Era

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

I have not run any numbers to see how viable this is, but if you raise the 1600+ TPE tier of the minimum contracts  then you can't stack your team full of these players and still have money to spare for some 1400+ players to fill in your 4th line. That's likely the fix that will work because Everyone who has 2000 TPE doesn't have money issues and they just sign the lowest cash contract to be team friendly to help GM's stack their rosters. It's the only way you will get more movement in free agency as teams look to change up their mid range and depth players while focusing on building around their top tier 3-4 players that they can afford. I assume I would just need to count the amount of 1600+ TPE players that each team has, how much each is getting paid try to make it so the top rosters lose 1-2 spots for 1600+ players, forcing them to go to lower ranked teams in order to be able to sign a contract. Also fuck Home town discounts

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, Apocalypse Now 150 words min

Jimmy Creller - Right Wing - Jimmy would be heavily focused on slashing at his opponents trying to hit the puck away. The only thing we will be proficient at will be stickchecking. Going through the J rocking 16 stick checking and top tier skating ability. Once leaving the J he would be around 600 TPE, getting called up to Atlanta to fullfill his task of slapping pucks away before inevitably going inactive from burnout after Eddie

Tony Creller - Left Defense - Bomb Slapper. Sitting on the blue line with his 16 range and 12 accuracy just going bar down all his J career. Super defensive style of play with heavy hits, and when he breaks into the zone he just steps up and shoots to turn around and backcheck. After returning from another year of inactivity, Tony is back at it in activity and max earning. After getting drafted to Manhattan he goes on to win a cup then promptly get traded for a younger sexier model.

Gary Creller - Goalie - I'd like to play goalie, honestly. I've just never had the activity to max earn for the life of a goalie, they always seemed boring. But in FHM and actualyl seeing the game, it just seems frustrating. Maybe FHM 8 will fix things and goalies will be useful

Ricky Creller - Left wing - Full on Grinder. My last hoorah building the SHL's top tier HoF grinder. Strong fighter and an in your face knock you on your ass style. Giving it all for the Dragon's in my last player would be a dream, leave it all on the ice and hopefully win a cup

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Code:

dejavu Victor Helstrom

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE Milestone Claim

Code:
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.

I want to say that Trella has been an outstanding GM for the Tampa Bay Barracuda - not only did he get a team to go 0 and 50 for a season in order to tank for the best draft picks, he then traded away draft picks to bring in players who might not have been available to Tampa Bay in order to accelerate their window. In fact, the only issue right now with the Tampa Bay Barracuda is that their peak is at the same time as many other teams such as the Baltimore Platoon, and is about to be kneecapped by head office taking away TPE from their players using the dreaded regression change method. But I am sure with the 1st overall pick in their pocket from an unexpected trade with New Orleans that Trella can still be a great GM for the Barracuda – wait what he’s stepping down? Well that was unexpected.

156 words

Code:

I want to say that one of the biggest draft busts would be that of Bradley Barkov, who was on pace to be a top tier defender in the S53 class before dropping off the map. He nearly broke 1000 TPE which is a significant barrier, and was a valued member of that class. If only he had stuck around, the two natural defencemen (discounting William Hartmann who converted to defence) at the top, Jukka Timonen and Magnus Liljestrom, would have had a third join them in their club. Also, Finland would have greatly appreciated having a S53 player hitting their peak right about now in order to bolster their IIHF squad. Barkov was picked in the first round by Calgary, with the 9th overall pick. There were many other players behind him who have hit that 2000 TPE mark, and if only Barkov could have joined them. Calgary would have had a franchise defender to replace Brennan Kennedy Jr.

160 words

Code:

What have I done to deserve the hell that is this year's IIHF? I did my best as IIHF commissioner to get everyone excited and joining into the fray, but FHM decides to shit the bed and make it so certain teams couldn’t upload. Then the schedule is revealed to be fucked, requiring a pause and the quick simming of so many games in order to get back to where we are. At this rate all I want is for a quick conclusion and then a lot of eggnog and rum combinations for Christmas so I can drown my sorrows. As to who wins I don’t know.

107 words

Code:
HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just put you in charge of picking the new one. So elect a new PT director, tag them, and explain why you think they'd be a great fit for the job. Or just someone you want to torture.

I think Brickwall35 would be a great PT director because he’s new to the league, young, motivated and not yet burnt out unlike the rest of us salty old bastards. He still has that youthful glow in his cheeks, and the drive to do things. Whereas the rest of the choices are old and tired, and have no fresh ideas. It’s time we forced people to do things that they didn’t want, like write boring stories about their so-so hockey careers, not interesting linked thematically consistent postings that could be written as a giant media piece for fun. Not that anyone has time now that COVID is a daily thing.

110 words

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 10:11 PM by Eynhallow.)

Code:

Claim + 3 TPE (linked)

Code:

I am primarily interested in the World Juniors as my player is there, representing the British Isles.  Rinky has showed up to play, producing at the rate of a point per game he is making the Irish folk proud.  I don't know that the British Isles team has the horsepower to pull off a gold medal, but they will certainly make others work for it.  Other notable players who are certainly worth mentioning;  Grogu Mandosson  is leading his currently second place Team Finland with 14 points.  He is certainly contributing to Finland's success.  Also, Mrs. McSaves is a goalie playing for Team Canada.  McSaves sports an 8 - 1 record with a stellar 1.21 Goals Against Average.  It doesn't get much better !!

Code:

There are just way too many people who would or could make an outstanding PT Director.  I think the person put in charge of this job should be young or, at least, new to the league so that there would be some fresh ideas.  That is, ideas that have not been flavored by past Point Tasks.  Ideally, this person would be highly motivated and would be able and willing to spend a lot of time working for the betterment of the league through some creative PT ideas.  This sounds like a burdensome job, at best, but a highly motivated candidate would be self-fulfilled in his/her contributions.

Code:

panda

Code:

a.)  I have not been subjected to STHS in this sim league.  Another league in which I participate uses STHS and it if purely awful.  For example, my player was assigned second line minutes and some Power Play minutes.  When the game details came out my player was actually on the ice for less time than the fourth line guy.  How is that possible.  There are just to many incidents like this for me to enjoy those sims.  So, my answer would be FHM.  My only complaint is that there are no box scores.

b.)  I think that this scenario is very likely.  This has a lot to do with parity in the league which nis mentioned in another task.  It is not so much parity, but a lot of luck.  The management of these teams drafted well and maybe got a home town discount in terms of salary.  BUT, there is no accounting for players who fizzle out in terms of TPE earning.  There is no measuring stick for that.  So....luck...and perhaps a little personal knowledge about the player in question.

c.)  I would make a play for Swords, Ontario.  Located in the Muskoka area a mere 2 hours from The Big Smoke, Swords has more than quadruple the population of Hamilton.  There is adequate space for parking and for a Hotel, Convention Centre and , of course, an arena.  This location could draw fans from Southern Ontario as well as from as far North as Sudbury and even Sault Ste. Marie.  This could be a real winner !!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Full PBE CW

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK

Victor Helstrom
okay

This is a hard one because there was a lot more randomness in the STHS era meaning you did not have to try as hard to win a cup which made it a lot more fun but with FHM you need to know the actual strats and tactics which has made it not fun because there are some certain teams out here who did nothing but bot the hell out of FHM to know the exact strats to get them wins which is just dumb. So I guess FHM since it takes more skill.

I mean probably I don’t know its always the same final four as of recently Texas has replaced Toronto in this category. There would have been a very high likely that most of the teams would have made it into the final four. Maybe some variations but maybe not. Love these prompts.

I would relocate the team to North Dakota because that is where the teams deserves to be in. A state that has the population of 5 people. I don’t think they deserve to go to a fun city or a populous city so I would make them relocate their and then eventually fold because they wouldn’t have anybody to support them.

Probably the goalie for Toronto North Stars Harry Carpet who constantly puts the Toronto North Stars on her back with not much to show for it unfortunately. She has always had incredible stats but the Toronto North Stars has not had the best showing or luck when it comes to the playoffs.

Code:

+3

If I were to predict the IIHF tournament or the WJC tournament my answer for both would be Finland Winland to win both because we are an absolute dominate team with some big names like Zoltan Topalo who has nine assists in seven games and Michael Fitted with 5 goals and three assists in seven. The team is filled with a lot of 2K+ TPE players this season and also a lot of other high TPE players. Their goalie, Harry Carpet, is a seasoned veteran. We have a great group of players and for sure can win gold this season in both leagues.

I would tag @slash to do it because I am sure no one has come up with the funny tag slash bit before. I would make him the new PT director cause I do not want any of the people I am closer with on the site to have this miserable job. So big shoutout to Slash for continuing on with this job for the next 10 irl years as we wait on his replacement. But on the sire note I have not had an issue with his PTs besides maybe some in this cw (I do not want to constantly talk about Hamiton).

Total: +14

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 03:21 AM by taterswc.)

1. tater
3/16
12. Claiming 1 TPE from milestones
4/16
Claiming 2 tasks for 6 TPE from ISFL tasks are 10 and 19 in ISFL.
10/16
Claiming 2 tasks for 6 TPE from WSBL.
16/16

[Image: qm0v49d.png]