Create Account

Hiring: Template and Card Creators
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022, 10:55 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

The SHL Trading Card Team is hiring Template and Card Creators.

Applicants should have access to photoshop (windows users can message @caltroit_red_flames if they do not already own photoshop).

If you want to apply please send your application to both @Blastmeaway and @caltroit_red_flames through a forum message.

Template Creator Pay
Case by case basis.

Card Creator Pay
Non-Base Set: TBD
Base Set: 150k per card
The amount of work required to make a base set card is very small. We use a template that requires you to do the following:
1.) Select the correct layers
2.) Modify text (player name, attributes, season, position, overall)
3.) Insert a headshot
4.) Minimal jersey modifications

An example of a card is below to illustrate the minimal changes required.

[Image: Spector.png]

Code:
Application For: [Card/Template] Creator Application
1.) Why are you interested in joining the SHL Trading Card Team?
2.) Please provide at least 3 examples of graphics you have made which include jersey swaps.
3.) Anything else you want to tell us.

Please join the discord as well! https://discord.gg/8aFcY5dqgr

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

So 50k to cutout a render & do a jersey / logo swap? That's almost half the work that goes into a signature, pay seems super low.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

01-06-2022, 01:46 PMNJBadApple Wrote: So 50k to cutout a render & do a jersey / logo swap?  That's almost half the work that goes into a signature, pay seems super low.

Was thinking the same.

Any additional benefits like free or discounted packs perhaps? Wouldnt mind to help out, but had the same initial thought as NJBA

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

1.) Why are you interested in joining the SHL Trading Card Team?
it sounds like fun

2.) Please provide at least 3 examples of graphics you have made which include jersey swaps.
i dont have any graphics as of now

3) im going to try and learn how to use photoshop

01-06-2022, 01:46 PMNJBadApple Wrote: So 50k to cutout a render & do a jersey / logo swap?  That's almost half the work that goes into a signature, pay seems super low.

Cal should put it into the job description. The base set is a template where you swap headshots. No jersey swaps or anything

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

@NJBadApple @OrbitingDeath

I'm a dumb liar, it's actually 100k per card. I apologize for that, fixed the job posting, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

The amount of work required to make a base set card is very small. We use a template that requires you to do the following:
1.) Select the correct layers
2.) Modify text (player name, attributes, season, position, overall)
3.) Insert a headshot
4.) Minimal jersey modifications

An example of a card is below to illustrate the minimal changes required.

[Image: Spector.png]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

requesting MSPaint template

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I must be doing signatures wrong

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM by kenvald.)

For those of us that don't have and don't want to install Photoshop I want to give a shout out to https://www.photopea.com/
It's a free web-based photo editor that can handle PSD files. There might be some cases where Photopea can't do something that Photoshop can. But when it comes to card creation I think you'd be fine.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

01-06-2022, 02:56 PMLime Wrote:

I must be doing signatures wrong

Well you're definitely fantasy drafting wrong (it's your turn)

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 05:21 PM by Chevy.)

01-06-2022, 03:45 PMkenvald Wrote: For those of us that don't have and don't want to install Photoshop I want to give a shout out to https://www.photopea.com/
It's a free web-based photo editor that can handle PSD files. There might be some cases where Photopea can't do something that Photoshop can. But when it comes to card creation I think you'd be fine.

Glad someone put this up because while it happens....telling people to PM someone about photoshop (nudge nudge wink wink) sounds shady-ish and I'd hate to have that linked to the SHL.

Also, gimp works well for simple stuff like this and its open source too.

01-06-2022, 05:21 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
01-06-2022, 03:45 PMkenvald Wrote: For those of us that don't have and don't want to install Photoshop I want to give a shout out to https://www.photopea.com/

Glad someone put this up because while it happens....telling people to PM someone about photoshop (nudge nudge wink wink) sounds shady-ish and I'd hate to have that linked to the SHL.

Well, the template is specifically made for photoshop. Like idk if you can open up the template on those 2 things

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-06-2022, 05:22 PMluke Wrote:
01-06-2022, 05:21 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Glad someone put this up because while it happens....telling people to PM someone about photoshop (nudge nudge wink wink) sounds shady-ish and I'd hate to have that linked to the SHL.

Well, the template is specifically made for photoshop. Like idk if you can open up the template on those 2 things

Gimp reads and writes psd files.  Its how I do some stuff at work (on gimp) when I'm not at home (on ps).   I'll gladly take a sample template and see how it works in gimp if they want, just for the sake of science.

01-06-2022, 05:05 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
01-06-2022, 02:56 PMLime Wrote: I must be doing signatures wrong

Well you're definitely fantasy drafting wrong (it's your turn)

I'm gonna wait even longer cuz u said that

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

01-06-2022, 05:28 PMLime Wrote:
01-06-2022, 05:05 PMNJBadApple Wrote: Well you're definitely fantasy drafting wrong (it's your turn)

I'm gonna wait even longer cuz u said that

rude

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER