Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 07:19 PM by gaby.)

Prompt 2

I wouldn't know what is the most stressful as a GM or a coach as I've only been a player since joining the SHL. I've also only started to watch games on stream this season and we're still pretty early on so no big or anxious moments so far. I gotta say keeping an eye on the teams you have on your parlay is almost as fun as your own team your player is on. As a center on the Tampa Bay Barracuda whose main role is to play on the PK and taking key defensive faceoffs, nothing is worse than a one goal lead with a few minutes remaining in the 3rd period and you're on the ice. My player Marco Barengrub has been awful so far in the dot and already cost a regular season win in one of those scenarios. He's been mediocre at best in his role and the feeling of costing your team while watching it live isn't particularly fun. He's not gonna be rely on to tie up the score so that's at least one thing to not worry about.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Prompt #2 -

Honestly I think it depends on the situation. I have been tense in both situations. If you're in the playoffs and up one, you still feel pretty good, but if you're down one there is so much tension to tie it up and get back into the game. There is a lot of tension in the slower paced games with more time to react to the long play-by-play calls at the bottom of the screen. My most intense time watching the sim was all the way back in S56. It was likely my final season in the SMJHL, after having been in Vancouver for three seasons, and we were a juggernaut of a team. My player was finally doing well and he was killing it all through the season. So we played the Carolina Kraken to get into the finals. Playing against the Kraken, we got to a Game 7, and their goalie had been playing out of his mind. We had it close all game and then took the lead in the third period. Can you imagine how damn stressful it is to have to watch the last half of the third period of game seven with a lead and hoping you don't have to score anymore goals against a red hot goalie to win? Absolutely a tough game but I loved being part of it. Eventually we won and took it to the Berserkers in the finals and won in five games. But none of those were nailbiters like the series against Carolina!

[255 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I think the answer depends on the perspective. I haven’t been around long, and I’ve been to the playoffs as a player a few times but never in a huge game (such as a game 7). That said, as a player/spectator, I think the most tense moments have come when the game is tied late. You know that if your team scores a goal, you’re in really good shape to hold out for the rest of the game. If you give up a goal, it’s going to be very hard to get it back. As a GM or coach in the same scenario, I would think it’s a bit different. With a one goal lead late in the game, you know your tactics and/or adjustments have paid off. However, a goal against you to tie the game can completely turn the tides to the opponent’s favor. Trailing by one goal, you have nothing to lose late in the game. You know that if you can’t score, you can’t win the game. A goal would flip momentum and turn things to your favor. It’s not the most tense of the scenarios, but it’s probably the most frustrating.

PROMPT 2
[198 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

For as long as I can remember the two goal lead was the most dangerous lead in hockey, but for some reason, a one goal lead is the most dangerous lead in simulation hockey. And I've never had as much stress as I did with a one goal lead as I did when I was a GM in the SHL. I can specifically remember game 7 of the Challenge Cup against Los Angeles. Being a General Manager back in the day, live streams were limited only to those in the front office and management. So I was one of the few who had access to the stream as it happened. And with STHS, the visuals were way less appealing than we have today with FHM. So instead of watching the scoreboard, we legitimately watched text flop down the screen and a rag tag scoreboard. I remember game 7 of the finals being a close one goal lead and I was on the edge of my seat right down to the last moment. The one goal lead is the scariest situation because you just don't want to let it go.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

There would be a royal wedding of Emeril Lagasse and Slavakov Vladimirashenko because they have real chemistry in the Newfoundland locker room and i think are the most likely of the NL players to get married. Obviously (clean) andrei would officiate and nobody would understand what he was saying other than "you marry". The food would be really good because Emeril is a chef and there would be plenty of beef yoshi for everyone. Seen on the dance floor are the former and current Slatt, Harrington, and pasta the turtle spinning upside down on his shell like a maniac. Drunk timonen is hitting the karaoke hard with nina tucker. Jannik Nordstern was invited but didn't show. Bas o bigbers did show but won't shut up about wheel of time and is making the other guests uncomfortable. Liam slate was secretly planning to ruin the wedding but became distracted by the entertainment. All in all things went... ok.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 01:02 AM by SFresh3.)

Prompt 2 - 

S58, Semi-Finals Game 7, moments before disaster (Buffalo ties it with seconds remaining, and wins it in OT)
[Image: betbJxh.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

I heard hotdog and goldenglutes got married and even though I wasn't invited for reasons it is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard and I will dream about it tonight.

If I had to plan it, oh boy would that be a delight. I would have bun shaped chairs on hotdog's side of the church, and golden anuses on the glutes side of the church. The ceiling decorations would also be quite delightful - hanging hotdogs, swinging from the left side of the room, getting ever so closer to the right side of the room, where the golden puckered and plump glutes are wanting and waiting for it. Swinging in the wind with the choir singing brightly.

All of us are in attendance. All of us have either mustard or tight shorts in our hand to use as a celebration device. Kind of like those little party horns, but themed.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

I’ve been a player, a coach, the spouse of a coach, and a fan. A game where you are ahead by 1 is nerve wracking, but you have a tiny sense of relief that you are the team in the lead. A game where your team is down by 1, especially as the clock runs down, there is excitement, and anxiety. Mostly the latter. There’s a small sense of hope, but also hopelessness that there is just not enough time to make it happen.

In a tie situation, this is always when the spectators are the loudest, and there is reason for it. This electricity translates to the field, and for good reason. On the field, ice, where ever-a loud crowd will make for some exciting moments, and is absolutely the most tense. On stream, this is exactly the same feeling, especially because I have someone with me to watch all the games. It’s an event here. And we’re as loud as we can be with our kids sleeping near by.

(171 words)

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

Prompt 1

On a very special day, the Carolina Kraken locker room, head office, and alumni alike joined together to celebrate the holy matrimony of @Jimmysmo27 and @GrannyPanPan. Once little squids that developed a bond, who both joined to form the podcasting duo known for having the hottest of boys, the spiciest of takes, the bounciest of cows. After an unfortunate graduation to Manhattan where Granny was forced onto the ice to be pelted with pucks mercilessly, everyone thought things might've gone sour. However, after Granny ate some questionable take-out and sent him on a food poisoning acid trip to hell he realized the truth we all refuse to admit: the juniors are the only thing that matters, everything else is metagame garbage am I right?

Anyways they had the wedding in a waffle house in whichever state allows large groups and @sve7en showed up and announced his OF debut to try and capitalize on the occasion but just ended up getting arrested for public indecency. 

171 stupid words im sorry

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

ISFL Affiliate

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

The most intense was back in Season 50 when we were still simming with STHS and we were in the Challenge Cup Final against the Tampa Bay Barracuda. We were down 3-0 in the series and every game after that was nervewrecking. When we tied the series at 3-3 we knew it was gonna be ours. It had to be done. This was the most intense play by play I've ever followed and read. Not only that, it was a game where my player (barely called up from the Js) made a huge impact. I scored two goals in game 7 and near the end hit the post to almost score a hat trick. When we won the locker room on Discord exploded. A reverse sweep was done and it was a cup victory for the Calgary Dragons!

As Js GM of the Kelowna Knights I had the privilege to be part of almost a handfull of finals. Unforunately we didn't win a single one, but was pretty exciting to watch the Discord and the people involved be ramped up.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]