Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 10:05 PM by SlashACM.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 100+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- Apparently part of the job of PT Director is user engagement. So I guess I should just dive into that. The SHL needs a splash and what can cause more buzz than a player marriage??

Written Task: You are tasked with planning the royal wedding of two SHL players. Who are these players? Who will be at the wedding? Does it go well? Who crashes it? Give me all the juicy details from my trash magazine article. Remember, hockey is for everyone, and this marriage can be between players of any or no gender or species. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict the two very important players at the center of the wedding and 2 guest players, and label them. Include some kind of wedding activity (idk use your imagination).

PROMPT 2- Screw tying the knot, how about tying the game?

Written Task:  What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up). Pad your word count until you get to 150+ words.

Graphic Task:- Depict and image of the closest and most intense game in the career of your player that you can recall. A game with everything on the line? Impose the final scoreline from the game onto the image.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, January 23rd at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

GUNNURT

placeholder so i don’t get fined

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Prompt 2:

I am going to go with up by 1. Being a Boston fan from before much of our teams' recent success, I was of the mind that "They are going to blow this." I vividly remember game 7 of the 2011 Eastern Conference finals when the Bruins went up in the third period I was one hundred percent sure they were going to blow it. Do not get me wrong ties and being behind can be just as stressful, but I am pretty sure they are going to lose those games as well.

But being up by one and watching the team go into that awful prevent defense and then the other team circling around with six guys with a minute to go usually has my watch telling me to relax, not sure how they haven't added "He's watching a hockey game, don't bother," feature yet. I should probably patent that.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 01:05 PM by Talls.)

Prompt 1:

Well, Senji Seteki was just at one of these weddings like two weeks ago.  It was a blast.  So many different cultures and customs all come together for a beautiful ceremony.  Going forward, I would like to see the coming together of Sven Svechnikov and Pasta the Turtle. The wedding would have to take place in Edmonton Canada, in the summer, when turtles can come out and sun bathe. There will be a ton of things to do at the wedding from the usual dancing and drinking, to the unorthodox practice of burying eggs in sand, a custom in all Turtle households. The entire Blizzard team and their families would be in attendance to see the new family be formed. At the end of the day, there would be passed out Blizzard members everywhere with a few of the veterans telling their hockey war stories by the fire. Overall, the wedding would be an astounding success.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I would have to say from my own experience I have only been a player, so I can only answer for that really. When the game is tied it is super stressful because all it takes is one highlight for the game to be untied. It is like sitting on the edge of your seat. I feel like the tied game is the worst for everyone because you just never know what will happen. If you give up a powerplay you are dismayed at the thought of seeing that penalty clock disappear mid-highlight. If your on the other side and your going to score its like amazing. In terms of being up a goal I would say as a player I feel content, although with FHM you just never know what's going to happen. All it takes is one breakaway and its likely a goal. Being down a goal I would say we probably lost, since yeah. I just hope we get lucky and score.
Overall I would say the game being tied is the most tense because you just don't know what is going to happen. As mentioned I have only really been a player so I would imagine being a GM or coach the stress level would be huge.

Code:
200 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

WSBL PT
Username: Seymour

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Ties are the most intense to watch. In either of the other scenarios, one good shot means that the game is either more secure or it's tied. It's not immediately the end, there's still some uncertainty. With a tied game, that one good shot is going to end the tie, which may also end the game if it's late in regulation or has gone to overtime.

Types of ties can also vary in their intensity. I'd say having been the team that had the advantage before the tie is more tense than being the team that had the disadvantage. For the disadvantage team, their task of trying to get ahead hasn't changed. For the advantage team, the task changes from protecting a lead to clawing it back. In that mental changeover, there's space for more errors and sometimes it feels a little more desperate to be fighting off the team that had been at a deficit. (163 Words)

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Its the 3rd period, and the clock is winding down. Unless you are Hamilton, you probably have experienced a time or two were you aren't winning comfortably at this point. Down by 1 is tense, but you are already down so it is more of a hopeful anticipation of maybe scoring a goal, but I don't find it as tense as being up by 1 personally, but more tense than a tie. I can't quite say why but I'm already ready to be let down at this point I guess. At a tie with the game winding down I also don't feel nearly as tense because with a tie at least you get points and its not a loss. Although you have to survive a shootout for a true tie and my team has abysmal luck at those (2-8 in shootouts over the last 2 seasons, ugh.) Up by one, now that's the 'ol butthole clencher. Just hanging on, afraid to look or that you'll hear the other team's goal horn. Because if they score then you'll have to make another OT period and maybe a shootout, which, again seem to go the other way.

205 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 06:25 AM by Philliesphan96.)

PBE Affiliate
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 10:43 PM by ValorX77.)

Prompt 1: (ASM x Videl I’m sorry in advance, @KenitohMenara)
Love is in the air at the big Parm this afternoon, as Alexis Saint-Michel and Videl Valor tied the not at centre ice at exactly 4:00 pm Eastern standard time. All current dragons players were in attendance for this "Royal" wedding, and a nice chicken Parm infused cake was served to everyone. The rings were delivered to the bride and groom by kitty, everyone’s favorite tiger. Reports are in that some Edmonton based thugs planned an attack, but were foiled by Great Saiyaman 2, but rumors were that she had someone else along her side… could this be the bride and groom potentially? Gifts were given out including a golden stick to celebrate the unification between the two players, but then, another gift was given to by kitty, it had a red hue, it’s actually the teams New Jersey’s that are getting revealed! All is good in Calgary and therefore the world, but is it true? You can’t tell these days..

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PROMPT 2: If a game is tied late in the game, most teams and players will take a conservative approach, because they don’t want to be the one who will make the mistake to allow the other team to take the lead which to more boring hockey. It is especially true during the regular season, when both teams’ benefits from having the game going to overtime because of the loser point. When you are winning by one late in the game, the whole team will focus on defending. On the opposing end, when you are losing by one, you just want to create as much scoring opportunity has you want and they are a kind of nothing to lose attitude that takes over, because even if you concede another goal, you can tell yourself that you were already losing anyway. For me, the most tense is definitely when we are losing that one because nobody wants to screw up which create a tense atmosphere on the bench.

167 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Prompt two

Leading by one is only tense because you want tp defend and maybe even pad that lead you have. Losing by one is tense because you want to get that game tied and avoid dropping points. The most tense is obviously the late tie game, when both teams are looking to score and put the game to bed, coming out with the win. Thus, the most tense I have ever been watching a game on stream was Game 4 of the S54 Challenge Cup Finals between the New Orleans Specters (yay at the time, ew now) and the Hamilton Steelhawks (ew at the time, yay now). A possible Challenge Cup winning game being tied late and going into overtime? I think the league's collective asses were all cleched in the hopes that Hamilton would lose (because Hamilton I guess) and I know I was super tense because I'd never won a Cup before. That's the most tense I've ever been watching a streamed game.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]