Create Account

An Apology

01-24-2022, 12:43 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 12:35 PMgrok Wrote: i will reprise my famous huevos rancheros recipe

huevos rancheros

ingredients:
2 huevos
1 rancheros

1. crack eggs into mug
2. add salsa
3. microwave for 90 seconds
4. scoop egg back into mug

serves 1
I tried now my microwave is on fire what next step?

enjoy

01-24-2022, 12:44 PMgrok Wrote:
01-24-2022, 12:43 PMVik Wrote: I tried now my microwave is on fire what next step?

enjoy
Still better than “pizza”

Need a sig :-/

01-24-2022, 12:43 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 12:35 PMgrok Wrote: i will reprise my famous huevos rancheros recipe

huevos rancheros

ingredients:
2 huevos
1 rancheros

1. crack eggs into mug
2. add salsa

serves 1
I tried now my microwave is on fire what next step?
sounds like it came out good

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

01-24-2022, 12:41 PMSkeleton Party Wrote:
01-24-2022, 12:28 PMMerica Wrote: I mean, sure, I understand if you are politically outspoken you want to chime in, but I think a lot  of people lose sight of the fact that nothing ever gets accomplished by attacking people for their political views on the internet, at best they dig in further. I guess you can sleep better knowing you “really showed that guy” ?

And this approach of “educating” people? How far up on your high horse do you have to be to have that take?

Way too often people spend way too much energy trying to change someone/something that is an immovable object. 

But hey, what do I know.
"Educating" as far as making the assumption that a person doesn't understand certain situations from perspectives of marginalized groups. There exists an opportunity to have them understand these perspectives.  I don't think there's anything inherently self righteous about saying "Hey, this is how this situation feels to you, but to someone with X background this can feel like an attack and here's why."

The alternative is just assuming that they are an asshole who wants to hurt people.
This is it. I'm not some person who fights people on the Internet because I have nothing better to do with my time, but as someone with a marginalized perspective I want to do my best to show people what it's like from my side and get them to understand.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

01-24-2022, 10:52 AMJR95 Wrote:
01-24-2022, 10:36 AMImShiny Wrote: where the fuck is the recipe
page 5
thanks dad

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

01-24-2022, 12:35 PMgrok Wrote:

i will reprise my famous huevos rancheros recipe

huevos rancheros

ingredients:
2 huevos
1 rancheros

1. crack eggs into mug
2. add salsa

serves 1
that sounds delightful. thank you

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

01-24-2022, 09:10 AMAccka Wrote:
01-23-2022, 07:58 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: I agree with you wholeheartedly. This whole thread is reeks of what I like to call Twitter Activism. I've talked about it candidly before but goddamn does it get tiring. I get it, offensive stereotypes suck. We should all aspire to be better people and understand the plight of others. But this is a lot of people getting whipped up over something just to be angry. Publicly crucifying someone and showing off their level of morals is fucking dumb. Accept the apology and do something that really helps fix these injustices. Talls probably should have went to each person that was upset and apologized to them candidly. Because this whole multipage thread of condemning someone for a drunken mistake seems like a waste of time. 

https://www.advancingjustice-aajc.org/
https://stopaapihate.org/
https://asianpacificfund.org/make-an-imp...very-fund/
https://www.asianmhc.org/
https://www.redcanarysong.net/
https://www.iamwomankind.org/donate/
https://donorbox.org/aapi-women-lead

If you really want to make a difference, pick one of these, throw them some money, sign a petition, and save hate for people really holding people down.

Legit the only reason I ever think about just retiring/going IA. So many people acting as if they care and then just bullying the person that made a mistake.
Literally every time this happens, people just start mass harrassing the person.

No bullying? Accepting everyone? Mental health awareness? My fucking ass.
I don't care what his apology seems like. Just think about Talls as a person, think about his character and what he's been like on the site and community in general. The guy is probably the furthest from being racist against Japanese people/culture. He made a mistake, it happens. Just let it be water under the bridge.

I also noticed someone bringing up him make Lesgo Brandon a captain. To me instead of that being some sort of political take or buddy-buddy kind of thing, it's the exact opposite. He took someone that had people throwing the typical bullying shit at him and was willing to look past the political name. Got to know him and maybe he turned out to not be one of those Facebook nutjobs and was a decent person. To me the fact that he made him a captain just says that he's a good GM. He's willing to look past a silly name, pressure of some in the community to just ignore him and instead take that person for their word and character that they've been.
I think at this point names, renders and memes like these should just be banned, because it always seems to cause an unneeded ruccus.

I also mentioned mental health awareness for a reason, because what you all do when you spam dumb shit in these kind of threads, copy the person initial post and responses, what do you think that feels like to that person?
Especially a person that has invested alot of time to the site and has become a part of it? I really want y'all to understand that this is bullying, even if you think it's just jokes. I wish there was more of a stance on this, instead of people from the current and past HO just jumping in on it everytime and the only stance that comes is just being "Okey, y'all had your fun, I'll lock the thread".
This is why I'm an Accka stan, putting mayo on my pizza tonight

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 12:55 PM by Seymour.)

01-22-2022, 09:51 PMWearingabear Wrote: since this is now a copy pasta thread.

Here's a pasta recipe featuring my favorite pasta " Strozzapreti"

Type "OO" flour - 400 g
Water - 200 g
Salt - pinch

Step 1 /10
Put the flour in a heap on a pastry board.

Step 2 /10
Make a hole in the middle of the flour and slowly add warm water as you begin to incorporate the flour with a fork.

Step 3 /10
Start kneading with your hands, first with your fingertips and then, when the dough is more consistent, with your palms. You are aiming for a smooth and soft mixture.

Step 4 /10
Make a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let the strozzapreti dough rest for 15 minutes in a cool place.

Step 5 /10
After the dough has rested, roll it out into a thin sheet of about 1.5 millimetres thick.

Step 6 /10
Cut the pastry into 1.5 cm strips. At this point, roll up the strips with slightly moistened hands. Do not exert too much pressure, but proceed gently so as not to crush the dough.

Step 7 /10
In this way you will get the classic rolled shape of strozzapreti. In the centre you will notice a sort of knot called the 'choke' in jargon. Repeat the operation until the dough is used up. This takes some practice to get right but that's part of the fun of making pasta.

Step 8 /10
Break each strozzapreti with your hands, trying to get a maximum length of 8 cm.

Step 9 /10
Arrange the strozzapreti well spaced on a lightly floured tray and let them rest for 10/15 minutes before cooking.

Step 10 /10
Cook the strozzapreti in plenty of boiling salted water.

Serve with your favorite simple tomato sauce or maybe a garlic, butter, Parm sauce. Or spice it up and add some sage.

Just don't be an animal and microwave your pasta in a coffee cup. You know who you are.

I just downvoted your comment.

FAQ

What does this mean?

The amount of karma (points) on your comment and SHL account has decreased by one.

Why did you do this?

There are several reasons I may deem a comment to be unworthy of positive or neutral karma. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Rudeness towards other users,

• Spreading incorrect information,

• Sarcasm not correctly flagged with a /s
Am I banned from the SHL?
No - not yet. But you should refrain from making comments like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to issue an additional downvote, which may put your commenting and posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don't believe my comment deserved a downvote. Can you un-downvote it?

Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a downvote. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to SHL PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 99.9% of downvote appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Accept the downvote and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on simulationhockey.com. I will continue to issue downvotes until you improve your conduct. Remember: SHL is privilege, not a right.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

01-24-2022, 12:35 PMgrok Wrote:

i will reprise my famous huevos rancheros recipe

huevos rancheros

ingredients:
2 huevos
1 rancheros

1. crack eggs into mug
2. add salsa

serves 1

Oh fuck yes

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

01-24-2022, 12:40 PMVik Wrote: Instead of the “outside” let’s just cal this booms perspective. Not trying to invalidate your perspective boom but please don’t project it.

do you need all of the outside to sign a petition or something? boom is outside and sees it a certain way, hence it's the perspective from the outside. If you wanna nitpick you can say it's a perspective from the outside but idk what that would accomplish

[Image: lespoils.gif]

01-24-2022, 01:02 PMlespoils Wrote:
01-24-2022, 12:40 PMVik Wrote: Instead of the “outside” let’s just cal this booms perspective. Not trying to invalidate your perspective boom but please don’t project it.

do you need all of the outside to sign a petition or something? boom is outside and sees it a certain way, hence it's the perspective from the outside. If you wanna nitpick you can say it's a perspective from the outside but idk what that would accomplish
No I said what I meant, if you want to get a group called the outside together and have them sign a petition stating their perspective I will delete my post!

01-24-2022, 01:07 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:02 PMlespoils Wrote: do you need all of the outside to sign a petition or something? boom is outside and sees it a certain way, hence it's the perspective from the outside. If you wanna nitpick you can say it's a perspective from the outside but idk what that would accomplish
No I said what I meant, if you want to get a group called the outside together and have them sign a petition stating their perspective I will delete my post!
Oh but don’t forget to make sure they officially appoint boom the spokesperson or it’s still just booms perspective… if semantics are the game I’m just warming up…

01-24-2022, 01:07 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:02 PMlespoils Wrote: do you need all of the outside to sign a petition or something? boom is outside and sees it a certain way, hence it's the perspective from the outside. If you wanna nitpick you can say it's a perspective from the outside but idk what that would accomplish
I never said that I was speaking for everyone, I just pointed out what making Brandon the captain looks like to someone who isn't on the team.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

Talk about a derailed thread lmao

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-22-2022, 08:58 PMRotticusScott Wrote: I think we need apologies from those who participated in the RP wedding also.

I need an apology from you, I drafted you in fantasy.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]