An Apology

01-24-2022, 01:15 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Talk about a derailed thread lmao
that would imply it was ever on the rails to begin with

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

01-24-2022, 01:09 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:07 PMVik Wrote: No I said what I meant, if you want to get a group called the outside together and have them sign a petition stating their perspective I will delete my post!
Oh but don’t forget to make sure they officially appoint boom the spokesperson or it’s still just booms perspective… if semantics are the game I’m just warming up…

ok now tell us again how you're not trying to discredit boom's opinion

[Image: lespoils.gif]

01-24-2022, 01:19 PMlespoils Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:09 PMVik Wrote: Oh but don’t forget to make sure they officially appoint boom the spokesperson or it’s still just booms perspective… if semantics are the game I’m just warming up…

ok now tell us again how you're not trying to discredit boom's opinion

Just sign the petition already

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

01-24-2022, 12:52 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote:
01-22-2022, 09:51 PMWearingabear Wrote: since this is now a copy pasta thread.

Here's a pasta recipe featuring my favorite pasta " Strozzapreti"

Type "OO" flour - 400 g
Water - 200 g
Salt - pinch

Step 1 /10
Put the flour in a heap on a pastry board.

Step 2 /10
Make a hole in the middle of the flour and slowly add warm water as you begin to incorporate the flour with a fork.

Step 3 /10
Start kneading with your hands, first with your fingertips and then, when the dough is more consistent, with your palms. You are aiming for a smooth and soft mixture.

Step 4 /10
Make a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let the strozzapreti dough rest for 15 minutes in a cool place.

Step 5 /10
After the dough has rested, roll it out into a thin sheet of about 1.5 millimetres thick.

Step 6 /10
Cut the pastry into 1.5 cm strips. At this point, roll up the strips with slightly moistened hands. Do not exert too much pressure, but proceed gently so as not to crush the dough.

Step 7 /10
In this way you will get the classic rolled shape of strozzapreti. In the centre you will notice a sort of knot called the 'choke' in jargon. Repeat the operation until the dough is used up. This takes some practice to get right but that's part of the fun of making pasta.

Step 8 /10
Break each strozzapreti with your hands, trying to get a maximum length of 8 cm.

Step 9 /10
Arrange the strozzapreti well spaced on a lightly floured tray and let them rest for 10/15 minutes before cooking.

Step 10 /10
Cook the strozzapreti in plenty of boiling salted water.

Serve with your favorite simple tomato sauce or maybe a garlic, butter, Parm sauce. Or spice it up and add some sage.

Just don't be an animal and microwave your pasta in a coffee cup. You know who you are.

I just downvoted your comment.

FAQ

What does this mean?

The amount of karma (points) on your comment and SHL account has decreased by one.

Why did you do this?

There are several reasons I may deem a comment to be unworthy of positive or neutral karma. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Rudeness towards other users,

• Spreading incorrect information,

• Sarcasm not correctly flagged with a /s
Am I banned from the SHL?
No - not yet. But you should refrain from making comments like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to issue an additional downvote, which may put your commenting and posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don't believe my comment deserved a downvote. Can you un-downvote it?

Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a downvote. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to SHL PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 99.9% of downvote appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Accept the downvote and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on simulationhockey.com. I will continue to issue downvotes until you improve your conduct. Remember: SHL is privilege, not a right.

This one is my favorite

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 01:28 PM by Vik.)

01-24-2022, 01:12 PMboom Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:07 PMVik Wrote: No I said what I meant, if you want to get a group called the outside together and have them sign a petition stating their perspective I will delete my post!
I never said that I was speaking for everyone, I just pointed out what making Brandon the captain looks like to someone who isn't on the team.
I respect that that is how it seems to you.

Let me clarify if my post sounded condescending it was probably a little frustration coming through. I know you are just trying to bring concerns that are important to you to the attention of others and I don’t want this to be like a me vs you thing because I think I align with you on some of your stances but, I do not align with the Meo one.

So my experience with Meo is that he has been nothing but an upstanding team mate and while I know his name choice has been questioned, he has never acted in a disrespectful way towards anyone in the locker room. I know this is a thread about talls and he has made his own mistakes and this thread has gone sideways because people felt as though the apology was fastidious or disingenuous, and he will have to prove to you all on his own that he meant those things in a more genuine manner if he chooses to take that path, but that is not why I jumped in. I jumped in because of the post about Meo and his character and I just want to clarify that the reason he was made captain was because the team voted him captain and the reason the team voted him captain is because he is a great team mate, accepting of everyone that I’ve seen, and very good at giving positive reenforcement and feedback in the locker room.

So just to reiterate I understand your perspective, and I do apologize if I came off as dismissive. However my perspective is extremely different so that might be where the disconnect is.

Need a sig :-/

The spicy curry noodle dish I ordered was too spicy

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

01-24-2022, 01:15 PMboom Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:15 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Talk about a derailed thread lmao
that would imply it was ever on the rails to begin with
Well, it was. Even stupid threads can be derailed.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-24-2022, 01:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:15 PMboom Wrote: that would imply it was ever on the rails to begin with

#Leeout

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

01-24-2022, 01:27 PMVik Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:12 PMboom Wrote: I never said that I was speaking for everyone, I just pointed out what making Brandon the captain looks like to someone who isn't on the team.
I respect that that is how it seems to you.

Let me clarify if my post sounded condescending it was probably a little frustration coming through. I know you are just trying to bring concerns that are important to you to the attention of others and I don’t want this to be like a me vs you thing because I think I align with you on some of your stances but, I do not align with the Meo one.

So my experience with Meo is that he has been nothing but an upstanding team mate and while I know his name choice has been questioned, he has never acted in a disrespectful way towards anyone in the locker room. I know this is a thread about talls and he has made his own mistakes and this thread has gone sideways because people felt as though the apology was fastidious or disingenuous, and he will have to prove to you all on his own that he meant those things in a more genuine manner if he chooses to take that path, but that is not why I jumped in. I jumped in because of the post about Meo and his character and I just want to clarify that the reason he was made captain was because the team voted him captain and the reason the team voted him captain is because he is a great team mate, accepting of everyone that I’ve seen, and very good at giving positive reenforcement and feedback in the locker room.

So just to reiterate I understand your perspective, and I do apologize if I came off as dismissive. However my perspective is extremely different so that might be where the disconnect is.
“he’s never been mean to us!” can be a little disingenuous sometimes, but I get that y’all have your side of the interactions and I have mine.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

It's times like this when the thread gets derailed I think of what my grandfather always told me.

"ün ün ün ???????????????????????????????????? ün ün ün ün ün ün AAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOORRRRXT 01001000 0110101 01101000 01100101 0010000 01001001 0010000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110011 01100101 01111000 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101101 00100000 01110000 01101111 01101111 01110000 01101111 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110000"

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

01-24-2022, 11:08 AMAccka Wrote:
01-24-2022, 10:39 AMboom Wrote: Here’s what it looks like from the outside.

Before the draft, Brandon did the presser and just flipped out when people pressed him about the name, and that was the image of him that’s stuck in people’s minds. We don’t know what he’s like in the LR, but it’s not like what he did in public just means nothing. So to see him voted by the team as captain after what we saw is going to give a certain impression - that this is who the team wants to represent them.

Giving users with red flags chances is fine, but you still have to be willing to have the hard conversations when needed to ensure accountability and I’m not sure that’s happening.

With regard to the memes, people didn’t really know what to make of the situation - understandable, since it was a private event that it happened at. So they defaulted to joking.
Yes ofcourse he'd do that, what do most animals do when you corner them? They fight back.

most animals love to  smell piss, And shit !!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

animal fun fact

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

01-24-2022, 01:41 PMhotdog Wrote: animal fun fact

I'm starting to think you aren't actually a hotdog

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

01-24-2022, 01:32 PMboom Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:27 PMVik Wrote: I respect that that is how it seems to you.

“he’s never been mean to us!” can be a little disingenuous sometimes, but I get that y’all have your side of the interactions and I have mine.
I see your point but like I guess maybe I don’t have the full story because I haven’t seen any claims of him being mean to anyone anywhere. I’m not saying it’s impossible I’m just saying I don’t see what you’re saying I just see a name that I don’t personally like and I personally would not use but that’s it. Like maybe I just don’t understand the name fully or something I think maybe I am missing some info. Not saying here is the place to talk about all of this I’m just saying your math and math are not even like remotely adding up. I’m not saying he hasn’t been mean to us, I’m saying he hasn’t been mean to anyone that I’ve seen.

Need a sig :-/

01-24-2022, 01:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:15 PMboom Wrote: that would imply it was ever on the rails to begin with
I wish I was getting railed right now

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs