Create Account

Hired: SHL Commissioner

01-31-2022, 08:01 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote:
01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

What happened to @Spangle

Spangle was in HO chat at one point but it has been years since he was in there. He is really an honorary owner more than anything now.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

How about we make it a popularity vote

Vote @Fitted2106

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

01-31-2022, 08:12 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: How about we make it a popularity vote

No. I would like a system where votes are awarded proportionally based on team population, and the real vote is decided based on those votes with “electors.” To sound fancy, we can even make this organization a “college,” if you will

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

applied

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

@James Truong your time to shine

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119218

i applied for owner in like, september

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
01-31-2022, 06:58 PMsve7en Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy @Leafs4ever @nour

Legitimate question, and I'm not trying to throw shade, who's actually responsible for making this decision? There's a vague implication that it's probably the two of you and Nour, or maybe additional owners? I have a ton of respect for all three of you guys, but I'm concerned about both that this decision could come down to just three people, one of whom was just appointed by the other two, or that other owners who aren't connected to the current league (no offense to them meant of course) will have some impact on this decision.

Neither one of these options seems ideal, and I'm curious to what this process is going to look like before we get to far in.

The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

Can I have one of their votes? Only half kidding.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

01-31-2022, 08:03 PMSDCore Wrote:
01-31-2022, 07:56 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I think he wants an invite with Nour @DrunkenTeddy

Just getting more people who are active so we aren't taxing the few we have that are with making decisions that effect everyone. I don't think that's a crazy concept.

I 100% agree. The owners group is in charge of a very important decision, and yet half of them aren't active enough to be involved in that decision. That doesn't make much sense.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

01-31-2022, 09:39 PMwumaduce Wrote:
01-31-2022, 08:03 PMSDCore Wrote: Just getting more people who are active so we aren't taxing the few we have that are with making decisions that effect everyone. I don't think that's a crazy concept.

I 100% agree. The owners group is in charge of a very important decision, and yet half of them aren't active enough to be involved in that decision. That doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, the inactive owners don't really get a say, you have to have an active player to really get a vote.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-31-2022, 08:22 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
01-31-2022, 08:12 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: How about we make it a popularity vote

No. I would like a system where votes are awarded proportionally based on team population, and the real vote is decided based on those votes with “electors.” To sound fancy, we can even make this organization a “college,” if you will

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
01-31-2022, 06:58 PMsve7en Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy @Leafs4ever @nour

Legitimate question, and I'm not trying to throw shade, who's actually responsible for making this decision? There's a vague implication that it's probably the two of you and Nour, or maybe additional owners? I have a ton of respect for all three of you guys, but I'm concerned about both that this decision could come down to just three people, one of whom was just appointed by the other two, or that other owners who aren't connected to the current league (no offense to them meant of course) will have some impact on this decision.

Neither one of these options seems ideal, and I'm curious to what this process is going to look like before we get to far in.

The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote:
01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.
It’s been precedent for at least ~35 seasons and we did actually have GM’s naming their successors. Somewhere along the line in the last 30-35 seasons that changed for GM’s, but we still have the Owners selecting the Commissioner, and they do tend to be former commissioners. This happened a couple of years ago when Eggy moved directly from Commissioner into the ownership role, but we just didn’t see that the last go around.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote:

Not to devalue you point or anything but it's not really a dangerous precedent, it's basically how it has always been. A very small group of Owners and former HO people selecting new Owners and Commissioners without any real kind of democratic oversight has been the norm for most of this leagues existence.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 12:00 PM by sve7en.)

02-01-2022, 11:20 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote: I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.

Not to devalue you point or anything but it's not really a dangerous precedent, it's basically how it has always been. A very small group of Owners and former HO people selecting new Owners and Commissioners without any real kind of democratic oversight has been the norm for most of this leagues existence.

Fair, and I don't know what it's been like over the whole history you're right. Still doesn't feel great, and maybe there were more owners involved in some of those past decisions.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]