Create Account

S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen

ISFL Affiliate

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Prompt 2

At 6'1 195 lbs, Marco Barengrub is what you would consider at the SHL level as a smallish forward. So many 220+ pounds players in the league, he was pretty much told the offseason before getting call up to get heavier if he wanted to survive. He's basically being told to eat like a pig, not to worry about what he's eating but how much he's eating. There's maybe one or two off days in a week during the regular season, he's eating in those occasions his favorite meal : a family format poutine with a cold pepsi. Nothing better than eating like shit and not feeling bad about it. After practices, it's usually a large portion of spaghetti filled with sauce made by his mom and a sprite diet. Game day he has to be a bit more careful to not overeat and throw up on the ice so a few hours before a match it's 2 blueberry poptarts with a big glass of milk. Talk about some fine cuisine, at this rate his GMs will be happy as he will no doubt hit the 300 pounds for playoffs .

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

P1.
Down in Tampa bay, Michael Fitted was finally fired as team Chef. Too many seasons of him spiking our water bottles with vodka, rum and pretty much anything else that caused Vladimir Petrov to miss the net YET AGAIN. Zoltan Topalo is stepping up to the plate. However, the only things he knows how to cook are Burgers and microwavable macaroni and cheese. The kraft brand not that velveeta shells crap. Rule one is burgers will not be cooked over medium temperature. Any colder temps can be requested. Every burger is served on a potato roll and includes at minimum 5 kosher dill pickle slices. You can remove them, but don't throw them away. Zoltan will eat them later. Mac and Cheese is easy and can be cooked in bulk. Its good, nutritious and delicious. Talk about carbo loading before a game and the Zoltan menu is just what Tampa needs to be successful this season. And extra pickles for hydration.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt 1:
Teddy Park, with Elsa from Disney on Ice
[Image: xwpjRfG.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Ah man, Ryosuke Sato is super excited to move on to a career as a chef. People may be thinking, since he comes from Japan that he would be making something like sushi or ramen, or maybe because he loves the Vietnamese in Vancouver and Toronto that he would be making some pho or some banh mi. However, little do you know, but Sato is terrible at making such foods and he doesn't want to disappoint the flavours of the originals so he will be a very specialized chef for a food you can't mess up! Ryosuke puts on his apron and chef hat and begins gathering the ingredients. Lettuce, cheese, tomato, salsa, honestly anything you want because the kid is making crunchwrap supremes! Taking customized orders from the team, Sato is wrapping all the goodness into hexagonal wraps and heating them on the pan. This is definitely keeping the team full and depending on what the custom orders are... it may actually be healthy! Although we definitely can't count out the odd orders here and there.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Prompt 2:

Kermit Murphy's pre-game preparation starts the night before, when he carb loads before bed with an entire box of Corn Pops drowned in skim milk (he's trying to watch his weight in-season). In the morning, he mixes two caffeine pills into a single cup of hot water, which he then uses to make hyper-caffeinated espresso. There's nothing Kermit hates more than not having enough time in the day to prepare for a game, so he finds that attaining a blood-caffeine level close to a fatal amount actually causes time to slow down around him, which allows him to spend time preparing his pre-game meals. These include a meatloaf in the shape of the opposing team's mascot, which he eats whole; a meatball sub from Subway which he has delivered, re-plates, and serves to himself as if he cooked it; celery and boiled hot dog kebabs; and about 2 hours before game time, he consumes exactly 26 live crickets.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

On short noticed I was forced to step in for our team chef on one of our away stints after they were frustrated with the team and resigned. I told my team that I had a bit of culinary training in school but before I could explain that I was partly joking they handed me the apron, gave me $1500 for food and told me I had 3 hours to create a dish that would feed everyone on the team. So I did exactly what the smartest of us would do... buy $50 packs of ramen, some bottles of water, and pocketing the remaining cash as my fee for cooking this food! I got the biggest cooking pot I could find, the biggest mixing spoon, and started cooking, and after it started boiling... food was only 3 minutes away!

So yeah I got "fired" from cooking duties after that and we hired an actual good cook as my replacement, but at least the team wasn't low on sodium for the game!

Code:
171 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

ISFL Pt

This prompt feels like it was written for Newfoundland’s LR.

I would serve two dishes every day. One would be a protein and fat packed meal meant to revitalize and nourish your body, filled with carbs to refuel you and keep you going on the ice. The other would be a more regular dish if you’re feeling like actual food.

I would begin each day by getting a morning survey going around seeing what everyone wants for team dinner so as to best make sure my teammates are living their best lives.

The protein and fat meal was on special request by a Mr. @Tylar, and has quickly become a staple of the meals, so much so that I have to make it every night otherwise I get overwhelmed with shouts and chaos.

I am speaking, of course, of Ketchup Pasta. The infamous dish of Kraft mac and cheese and Heinz ketchup, served hot and fresh with cut up hot dogs in it.

Yes, I have seen this monstrosity. Yes it sounds awful.

Yes i tried it.

Yes i would eat it again.

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

PROMPT 2

Evert follows a pretty strict diet everyday barely deviating from it. The morning always starts with 2 cups of coffee, porridge, one apple, two boiled eggs and a sandwich made up by dark bread (to get those fibers in), butter, salad and turkey cold cut. This breakfast is very stable and gives him energy all the way to lunch time.

For lunch he usually eats more eggs or porridge since both are very sturdy meals. I also try to sneak in some meat during lunch to get those proteins to not break down my muscles.

Dinner is where Evert might deviate from his diet, even though that's very rare. He usually eats a chicken salad since chicken is very good for the muscles and putting it in a salad makes it more enjoyable to eat. Now since Evert is a proffesional hockey player he needs to bump those calories up to not break down his body so he usually puts a block of feta cheese in the salad to and puts on some rhode island dressing.

Prompt 2

There are few things HLO loves as much as food. He is constantly looking to try new food experiences, the more exotic the better. Part of the reason he loves to travel so much is because it gives him a chance to try different cuisines, which is always a highlight. During the season and while he is training to prep during pre-season he tries to stick to a pretty strick diet that is set up by his dietitian to make sure he is ready to perform at the highest level. During the 3-4 months or so between the end of a season and the start of pre-season prep he tries his utmost to splurge. Exotic restaurants, fine farmers market foods, you name it. Currently, Henrik has snowed in on south east asian food and chinese food. Although Indian and middle-eastern food is up there as some of his alltime favourites.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Prompt #1

Roddy was ready and willing to step up as the new Head Chef of the Montreal Patriotes. He even kept a uniform on hand in case jsut this thing my have happened. Sure, it's a tearaway chef outfit with some glitter and a floppy hat that is far to sexy for a commercial kitchen, and is a questionable reminder of some of his career choices, but he stepped up!

He served up a light tasting menu of six different Canadian poutines, influenced by his team, and his hometown. The Chinese BBQ Pork poutine with 5-Spice gravy went over surprisngly well, however the tuna poke poutine, with teriyaki-marinated ahi tuna and a pineapple-nori gravy was not popular.

"Stan was the toughest," Roddy mentioned in an interview, "he kept asking for it 'authentic Quebec style so I just put cigarette ash and maple syrup into the gravy and that seemed to do it."

The team is keen to hire a new chef soon, though Roddy seems to be having a blast.

[Image: banes.png]