Create Account

Breaking my Silence: Exposing Izzy

02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: I heard rumors of erotic behavior and issues in management.
I think you mean erratic, but your point comes across all the same. We stand with you in this dude, and I'm glad we're all coming through it better and stronger for your bravery.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: Our story with Izzy is not done there, as he contacted DrunkenTeddy to attempt to delete his SHL account in attempt to evade the punishment.

Just to clarify this was after the punishment, I dont think he was avoiding it. It was a few days after the punishment and I told him he couldn't delete it, the best we could do was change the name and lock him out.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

02-10-2022, 11:39 AMKeygan Wrote:
02-10-2022, 11:34 AMKeygan Wrote: For the records, the Calgary general manager position was not decided, no one was “in line” for the position. Head office had not and still has not voted on a suitable replacement.

Apart from that I’m glad you got to share your truth.

Also Darian never managed Chicago, and there was no attempt to evade punishment with the deletion of his account, I think he just didn’t want to come back, he wanted to delete any allure.

uhh actually ☝️?

nerd

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

02-10-2022, 11:43 AMAgentSmith630 Wrote:
02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: I heard rumors of erotic behavior and issues in management.
I think you mean erratic, but your point comes across all the same. We stand with you in this dude, and I'm glad we're all coming through it better and stronger for your bravery.
Thank you for letting me know of the grammar mistake.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

It says a lot that Izzy doubled down and even blamed the victim in all this.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 11:50 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Much love Valor. I defended izzy during some shitstorms that happened earlier when he's been hated on for stupid reasons, but after hearing this and how he's acted behind closed doors i guess it wasn't all baseless. Sadly the internet is a breeding-ground for hate but i hope that with stories like this we can move forward to a better place.

Be well, it was strong of You to post this.

02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: Throughout my time in sim leagues up onto this point, I was welcomed with open arms and was a voice of reason. Izzy became a pain of my very being, and I even considered quitting the league.

It’s time for me to break the silence and speak the truth about what he did to me.

I never thought that I would have to write something like this: if it was not for Izzy, I would have been Calgary’s GM. In this article I’ll explain what Izzy did, and how it mostly negatively affected my mental health.

I first signed with Calgary in S61, as a player looking for a home. At first I was welcomed with open arms, until Izzy started restricting locker room access and confined me to a "forum lounge". This lasted only a few weeks until mid-S62, when I asked to come into the locker room for the annual secret Santa event. I initially thought this was going to help me out, instead, I heard rumors of erotic behavior and issues in management.

Issues began to form around the end of the S62, when Wally was named Toronto’s GM. Izzy was infuriated enough to harass Wally about leaving Calgary, but this wasn’t the first time he harassed a dragon. Darian was also harassed when he picked to lead the newly formed Chicago Syndicate. Things got worse when the team had a slow start and than Izzy stepped down due to irl circumstances. This left Muerto in charge of Calgary and a search for a new gm began. Myself and DarkCanuck were the only two insiders who applied, DC dropped out for irl reasons, and I was poised to takeover Calgary’s GM.. Little did I know at the time, but a bomb was about to explode on the league.

I woke up on Sunday morning to find Izzy in my DM’s moaning about a punishment. The worst thing about it? He blamed me for his punishment, which caused me to have a mental breakdown, and then caused me to take down my application. But that was only the beginning, as he had harassed HO to the point that he got forum banned for a week, and suspended from 3 games. After discussion with HO and several members of the league, a change of scenery for my player was the best route going forward, so I requested a trade that afternoon, and got my wish 2 hours later.
Next season I’ll be playing for a different team (My sig kinda leaked where I was dealt to).

Our story with Izzy is not done there, as he contacted DrunkenTeddy to attempt to delete his SHL account in attempt to evade the punishment. My question is why did he not apologize to the league, and why did Calgary defend this sickos actions? Hate has no place here in the SHL, and we need to more aware about our mental health and how it affects our sim league experience. Don’t be afraid to speak with your gm if you’re concerned about someone’s behavior or if you’re getting bullied or harassed by someone on your team.

I’ll leave you all on this note:

I’m not leaving this league, we have to do better to improve the quality of the user base.

Don’t be afraid to speak the truth.

My DM’s are open if you want to discuss this, or if you were harassed by Izzy.
(589 words)

My world about this site has been irreparably damaged. Izzy used to be a great, passionate guy but there is no excuse for what he put you through. I truly hope the trade and new team make you feel at peace and more than welcome. If there is any way i can help, do not feel shy to reach out on discord or the Forum to me.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: Hate has no place here in the SHL, and we need to more aware about our mental health and how it affects our sim league experience. Don’t be afraid to speak with your gm if you’re concerned about someone’s behavior or if you’re getting bullied or harassed by someone on your team.

HEAR, HEAR

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

02-10-2022, 11:43 AMAgentSmith630 Wrote:
I liked it better before

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Proud of you for speaking out Valor.

It really pains me to hear what you got put through with Izzy.

Hopefully you do well and thrive with your new team.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

02-10-2022, 11:47 AMCptSquall Wrote:
02-10-2022, 11:18 AMValorX77 Wrote: Throughout my time in sim leagues up onto this point, I was welcomed with open arms and was a voice of reason. Izzy became a pain of my very being, and I even considered quitting the league.

It’s time for me to break the silence and speak the truth about what he did to me.

I never thought that I would have to write something like this: if it was not for Izzy, I would have been Calgary’s GM. In this article I’ll explain what Izzy did, and how it mostly negatively affected my mental health.

I first signed with Calgary in S61, as a player looking for a home. At first I was welcomed with open arms, until Izzy started restricting locker room access and confined me to a "forum lounge". This lasted only a few weeks until mid-S62, when I asked to come into the locker room for the annual secret Santa event. I initially thought this was going to help me out, instead, I heard rumors of erotic behavior and issues in management.

Issues began to form around the end of the S62, when Wally was named Toronto’s GM. Izzy was infuriated enough to harass Wally about leaving Calgary, but this wasn’t the first time he harassed a dragon. Darian was also harassed when he picked to lead the newly formed Chicago Syndicate. Things got worse when the team had a slow start and than Izzy stepped down due to irl circumstances. This left Muerto in charge of Calgary and a search for a new gm began. Myself and DarkCanuck were the only two insiders who applied, DC dropped out for irl reasons, and I was poised to takeover Calgary’s GM.. Little did I know at the time, but a bomb was about to explode on the league.

I woke up on Sunday morning to find Izzy in my DM’s moaning about a punishment. The worst thing about it? He blamed me for his punishment, which caused me to have a mental breakdown, and then caused me to take down my application. But that was only the beginning, as he had harassed HO to the point that he got forum banned for a week, and suspended from 3 games. After discussion with HO and several members of the league, a change of scenery for my player was the best route going forward, so I requested a trade that afternoon, and got my wish 2 hours later.
Next season I’ll be playing for a different team (My sig kinda leaked where I was dealt to).

Our story with Izzy is not done there, as he contacted DrunkenTeddy to attempt to delete his SHL account in attempt to evade the punishment. My question is why did he not apologize to the league, and why did Calgary defend this sickos actions? Hate has no place here in the SHL, and we need to more aware about our mental health and how it affects our sim league experience. Don’t be afraid to speak with your gm if you’re concerned about someone’s behavior or if you’re getting bullied or harassed by someone on your team.

I’ll leave you all on this note:

I’m not leaving this league, we have to do better to improve the quality of the user base.

Don’t be afraid to speak the truth.

My DM’s are open if you want to discuss this, or if you were harassed by Izzy.
(589 words)

My world about this site has been irreparably damaged. Izzy used to be a great, passionate guy but there is no excuse for what he put you through. I truly hope the trade and new team make you feel at peace and more than welcome. If there is any way i can help, do not feel shy to reach out on discord or the Forum to me.

never was, steve

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

@ValorX77 keep your head up, we got you buddy

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

To provide some clarity on the timeline of all these events without dragging out too many specifics (which we have deliberately avoided making public due to the sensitive and potentially harmful content of some of the matters in question), here is a brief timeline of these events from the HO perspective:

- Calgary GM position opened
- We received apps for the position
- While discussing CGY GM apps, Izzy's initial offense (the one he was punished for) occurred between Izzy and HO members
- Izzy was punished
- During the punishment and appeals process, additional things happened that Valor has referenced here between Izzy and themselves, including Izzy laying blame on Valor for his punishment and urging Valor to come to his defense during his suspension.
- Izzy came to Teddy and requested that his account be deleted. At no point was it indicated that he was doing so for any other reason than to leave the site.

There was some initial confusion regarding the punishment itself - particularly assumptions that the punishment was for the previous locker room issues in Calgary Valor references here, but that was never a factor in this specific disciplinary process. The punishment Izzy received was specifically for his conduct surrounding the GM hiring process.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Really sorry you had to go through all this Valor. Glad you are through the other side of it and I know you will smash it at your new team. Much love

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 12:21 PM by leafsftw1967.)

I am very proud of you for speaking your truth Valor and standing up against disrespectful behaviour. If you ever need someone to chat I am here for you and you can reach out on discord (Darian#5250).

Just to clarify the reference to my falling out with Calgary for the article. The issue was around expressing my disappointment with Calgary having not won a round of the playoffs in the fhm ear during S59 and Izzy attacking my character for expressing my desire to test free agency. Then being temporarily kicked from the locker room to "have the situation handled" and from what I was told from my brother (who was still on the team at the time) painting me in a negative light to the team after being traded.

A pattern that I have noticed is that when Izzy does not get his way he has shown a tendency to disrespectfully attack others and that should not be tolerated in this league. From my first hand experience I feel he has carefully manipulated what information to share with his team to paint himself in a good light and has been fixated on keeping up this "pristine image". At least in my mind this probably explains why members of the Dragons have stood up to defend him in regards to his suspension with the Valor situation. I hope that Izzy can own up to his poor actions and disrespectful behaviour and change his ways because this league should be a fun laidback environment where people do not feel threatened by others.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars