Create Account

Breaking my Silence: Exposing Izzy
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 11:44 AM by ValorX77.)

Throughout my time in sim leagues up onto this point, I was welcomed with open arms and was a voice of reason. Izzy became a pain of my very being, and I even considered quitting the league.

It’s time for me to break the silence and speak the truth about what he did to me.

I never thought that I would have to write something like this: if it was not for Izzy, I would have been Calgary’s GM. In this article I’ll explain what Izzy did, and how it mostly negatively affected my mental health.

I first signed with Calgary in S61, as a player looking for a home. At first I was welcomed with open arms, until Izzy started restricting locker room access and confined me to a "forum lounge". This lasted only a few weeks until mid-S62, when I asked to come into the locker room for the annual secret Santa event. I initially thought this was going to help me out, instead, I heard rumors of erratic behavior and issues in management.

Issues began to form around the end of the S62, when Wally was named Toronto’s GM. Izzy was infuriated enough to harass Wally about leaving Calgary, but this wasn’t the first time he harassed a dragon. Darian was also harassed when he picked to lead the newly formed Chicago Syndicate. Things got worse when the team had a slow start and than Izzy stepped down due to irl circumstances. This left Muerto in charge of Calgary and a search for a new gm began. Myself and DarkCanuck were the only two insiders who applied, DC dropped out for irl reasons, and I was poised to takeover Calgary’s GM.. Little did I know at the time, but a bomb was about to explode on the league.

I woke up on Sunday morning to find Izzy in my DM’s moaning about a punishment. The worst thing about it? He blamed me for his punishment, which caused me to have a mental breakdown, and then caused me to take down my application. But that was only the beginning, as he had harassed HO to the point that he got forum banned for a week, and suspended from 3 games. After discussion with HO and several members of the league, a change of scenery for my player was the best route going forward, so I requested a trade that afternoon, and got my wish 2 hours later.
Next season I’ll be playing for a different team (My sig kinda leaked where I was dealt to).

Our story with Izzy is not done there, as he contacted DrunkenTeddy to attempt to delete his SHL account in attempt to evade the punishment. My question is why did he not apologize to the league, and why did Calgary defend this sickos actions? Hate has no place here in the SHL, and we need to more aware about our mental health and how it affects our sim league experience. Don’t be afraid to speak with your gm if you’re concerned about someone’s behavior or if you’re getting bullied or harassed by someone on your team.

I’ll leave you all on this note:

I’m not leaving this league, we have to do better to improve the quality of the user base.

Don’t be afraid to speak the truth.

My DM’s are open if you want to discuss this, or if you were harassed by Izzy.
(589 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 11:32 AM by boom.)

I admire your bravery in speaking up about this Valor. We’re happy to have you in Edmonton and I know you’ll be a big piece for us going forward.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 11:25 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Much love Valor, I hate that you had this negative experience. I have enjoyed seeing you keep your head up and taking the high road on numerous occasions and shows great character. I have nothing but respect for you for that. 

This goes for anyone in the league if you ever are feeling down or need someone to talk to hit me up on discord: Dwight Knight#1013

The SHL Media team will be keeping an eye on the comments here. We will lock this thread if it derails.
You've all been warned.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Proud of you, Valor Smile <3

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

You're awesome and Izzy can eat my socks

[Image: lespoils.gif]

It annoys me see that Calgary seemed to defend his actions, it’s honestly disgusting too see. Sorry that this happened to you and a few other former players.

Also I can’t believe Izzy tried to delete his account over a one week punishment that he clearly deserved

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

I'm sorry this happened valor. I hope you have a lot better of a time in Edmonton

So he said something punishable, knew he sent it to HO, and then still blamed you for it?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Valor, derived from latin valere meaning to "be strong".   Also meaning denoting worth derived from personal qualities or great courage in the face of danger.

You're living up to your name for sure.   Kudos.

For the records, the Calgary general manager position was not decided, no one was “in line” for the position. Head office had not and still has not voted on a suitable replacement.

Apart from that I’m glad you got to share your truth.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

02-10-2022, 11:30 AMsve7en Wrote: So he said something punishable, knew he sent it to HO, and then still blamed you for it?
He did, and I have a screenshot to prove it.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

truth to power. good on you. xx

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I'm glad you spoke up Valor, no one should have to deal with the ordeal Izzy faced you with and it's great that you spoke up about it.

Good luck in [undisclosable team], they're a good group of dudes that'll be a more inclusive LR

02-10-2022, 11:34 AMKeygan Wrote: For the records, the Calgary general manager position was not decided, no one was “in line” for the position. Head office had not and still has not voted on a suitable replacement.

Apart from that I’m glad you got to share your truth.

Also Darian never managed Chicago, and there was no attempt to evade punishment with the deletion of his account, I think he just didn’t want to come back, he wanted to delete any allure.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]