Create Account

Twilight players

As someone getting old af, I would love to return to the better half of SHL.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

It's a neat idea, I should mention that the J was never meant to be like the ahl though, it's more like the CHL or other under 19 leagues. My bigger concern is actually that you could out earn regression forever and be a permanent 425 tpe Jr's player with this. In my opinion you'd have to make it a 1 season only thing, any longer and it really confuses the regression stuff. You're also electing to not really do tasks for a season. Maybe this would be a post retirement season sorta option?

I don't really get a vote on this in HO and I know it's been suggested in the past and shot down, but I'm just spit balling ideas of how it could possibly work if it did go forward.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-06-2022, 12:10 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: If the J is struggling with players then they should contract it by a team by two rather than have old players fill it out tbh.

I'm not against the idea though, and i haven't seen the numbers for players per team. This idea has been up a lot earlier but never got too much traction, but perhaps now is the time?

I agree with contracting the J being a good solution for helping restore active numbers for teams. Rn drafts just aren't providing enough players for teams to be able to turn around rough patches of activity and engagement because there's too many teams sharing those small pools of players.

The only problem is deciding who to contract if that were to happen. I guess Great Falls and Regina are the newest teams so they'd make the most sense, but GFG just made the finals so it'd be a little awkward Ninja

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-06-2022, 12:51 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:10 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: If the J is struggling with players then they should contract it by a team by two rather than have old players fill it out tbh.

I'm not against the idea though, and i haven't seen the numbers for players per team. This idea has been up a lot earlier but never got too much traction, but perhaps now is the time?

I agree with contracting the J being a good solution for helping restore active numbers for teams. Rn drafts just aren't providing enough players for teams to be able to turn around rough patches of activity and engagement because there's too many teams sharing those small pools of players.

The only problem is deciding who to contract if that were to happen. I guess Great Falls and Regina are the newest teams so they'd make the most sense, but GFG just made the finals so it'd be a little awkward  Ninja

Newfoundland and Anchorage are gone then Smile

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

damn this is a great idea

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I really like this idea, but yeah I think you'd have to cap it at one or two seasons. Super fun concept.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

03-06-2022, 12:53 PMluke Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:51 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I agree with contracting the J being a good solution for helping restore active numbers for teams. Rn drafts just aren't providing enough players for teams to be able to turn around rough patches of activity and engagement because there's too many teams sharing those small pools of players.

The only problem is deciding who to contract if that were to happen. I guess Great Falls and Regina are the newest teams so they'd make the most sense, but GFG just made the finals so it'd be a little awkward  Ninja

Newfoundland and Anchorage are gone then Smile

Wait no FUCK

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 01:34 PM by Ragnar.)

03-06-2022, 12:44 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: It's a neat idea, I should mention that the J was never meant to be like the ahl though, it's more like the CHL or other under 19 leagues. My bigger concern is actually that you could out earn regression forever and be a permanent 425 tpe Jr's player with this. In my opinion you'd have to make it a 1 season only thing, any longer and it really confuses the regression stuff. You're also electing to not really do tasks for a season. Maybe this would be a post retirement season sorta option?

I don't really get a vote on this in HO and I know it's been suggested in the past and shot down, but I'm just spit balling ideas of how it could possibly work if it did go forward.

I mention the season limit in the OP.

Edit: no I didn’t. I mentioned cap on amount of players. But the intention was always one or two seasons max.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I have done extensive research on this subject, evaluated about 500 different scenarios based on multiple variables over the next 40 seasons, and this is what resulted of said research

[Image: tw.png]

as you can see, the level of enjoyment in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League seems to be consistently higher with twilight players than without, in a majority of the scenarios that I have evaluated. I have also not found any downside to twilight players, where I have found many without them. This proposition should be considered in my opinion and based on my research

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I definitely think it's worth discussing, especially if you cap it at 2 seasons max, and cap the maximum number of contracts a team can have. I would hate to see any active J player get less ice time, or pushed aside, because of this though. Maybe they can only sign if the team drops an IA for them?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Fun fact: I basically tried this back in the S20s by having teams sign inactives under the TPE limit but it was quickly stamped out by HO.

Basically what I’m saying is I love this idea

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

I'll be honest,
I dont think its a great idea.
The SMJHL is a Junior League, not a secondary pro league (by its definition), aka CHL rather than AHL.

If we want to see players recreate and join the SMJHL, and thus help keep the inflow of new 3-5 season users in the SMJHL, I dont think we should push away roster spots with "twilight players" and disincentivize people from recreating
I get the appeal of the idea (I could return at the end of my career and give it one last hurrah with a previous team or any team).
But I think it actually hurts the player depth in the SMJHL.

Neat idea though

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

We stan Robert Pattinson blessss

But in all seriousness, this sounds like a great idea. I sometimes meme about being sent down to the minor leagues in PBE since their entry league is called a minor league, but I think this concept should really be given a chance. It could be a good way to get more actives in over IAs and also add more LR presence.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Ilike

I do think there should be an effort to make older post-regression players more useful, even if that doesn't necessarily mean playing at an elite level in the SHL.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, it seems like something that's fun and exciting for older players looking to find a way to make an impact in one more season (if we do this I think it should be capped at a single season, given that 2 seasons is already half of a J career for the actual prospects), but on the other hand it seems like yet another obstacle for new users who want to see what the SHL is about, but get discouraged when they spend half of their J career buried on the depth chart and feel like they aren't that important. It's also an important distinction, like others have said, that the SMJHL is a "major junior" league, and not a minor league affiliate of the SHL. Seeing an aging NHL player spend a season in the CHL as a top line player in a league who's sole purpose is to give young prospects a chance to shine would feel wrong in every way, and would actively prevent the CHL from fulfilling its purpose in the pro hockey pipeline.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]