Create Account

S64 PT #2: Deficit

Creative prompt graphic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...ey_cut.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

We have learned that our GM's Nephew has gone and spent all of our money and the team is broke.  After the appropriate amount of beatings that the GM allowed us to take out on the guy, we all realized that we still needed to pull together and figure this out or the great Steelhawks will go under.  The first thing we had to do was take on a few new sponsors.  Our jerseys and helmets have more ads than McLaren has on their Formula One car.  That has helped us close the gap a bit but it's still not enough.  So next up, they had to do a date night with a player auction and sell us all off to the highest bidder.  Some of the players were excited about this but most realized that it wasn't going to turn out how they hoped.  In the end we got the money back but we all felt like we had to sell our souls to do it.
Code:
167 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Player Prompt

In all honesty Williams does not care about his salary all that much and does not mind having to cut some of his pay check for the team. Williams makes 3 million a year at the moment for the Toronto North Stars while playing in the SMJHL for the Newfoundland Berserkers. Williams is extremely grateful to be able to make this money since his parents were in the working/lower bracket while growing up. Williams has never had lots of money before which is why he doesn’t need millions to fulfill his needs.

Williams told his GM that a contract of $100,000 will be more than enough while the team figures out money. With $100,000 a year, Williams has plenty for essentials and can still have nights of fun. Living by yourself, you do not need a whole lot of money. I’m sure anyone in their right mind can manage to live happily off of $100,000.

Code:
Rumours are circulating in the locker room that some stooge in upper management lost a ton of the team's money. Suddenly you've been called into the GM's office to discuss your next contract, and they want you to take less than you're worth.

Strom has made more than enough in his contracts to take an entire upcoming season deal for free if necessary.  Heck, growing up in St. Louis, his family wasn't rich so he learned the value of setting money aside.  Thanks in part to wisdom from his father and some smart market deals he's been able to get a pretty decent supplementary income off of stock dividends and real-estate investments.  Good enough, in fact, to the point that his annual contribution to the St. Louis childrens hospital was doubled this past season.  According to "his market guy", he also invested...and was able to get a few of his teammates in Tampa invested in an upcoming electronic hockey trading card company with some serious capital.  Should that take off as expected, Strom...and any other investors will be able to rake in some gains hand over fist.   If not, its a couple years of living off savings, which again..is not a huge deal.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Player Prompt:

Unfortunately, ownership decided to spend most of its money on Crypto currency that went bust. Now the team has to pay me Less than I was last season, because of this I’m going to have to say no to the new contract. Videl does not play for cheap owners, as it would not be fair for an owner to hold their team back by many years. The team had to sell the plane, and they replaced it with a school bus, and they were also kicked out of their arena due to being late on the rent for the 5th straight month. Things are so bad, they had to put advertisements on the locker room, and replace all face off circles with advertisements for Air Canada, or Skip The Dishes. They also had to put advertisements on player jersey’s as well, including ads for Safeway and Walmart.
(153 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Player Prompt:

Going into the meeting with my agent at my side, I already know there won't be much wiggle room. That Sconnie McHits is a straight-shooter, and he LOVES to penny pinch in order to lure potential free agents in during the season, so I've already accepted my fate. Honestly, it isn't too big of a deal. Like most superstars, I make most of my money off the playing surface, and my endorsements from Mountain Dew, Adidas, and Cheetos is more than enough to get me by and provide stability for my family.

"It's the minimum again, bud." His words were both anticipated and decently received. "Yeah, yeah you tightwad. Good thing I've got other money coming in or I'd jump ship and play for someone who opens their wallet once in a while!" We shared a laugh, he cracked a couple of brews, we got the paperwork out of the way, and then shared some beverages as we overlooked the home ice from his penthouse office. "Let's go again, boss," I replied, intent on making this season one to remember.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

If my GM came to me to me asking me to take less that I was worth, it would definitely be something that I had to think about. I like playing for Seattle and I definitely feel like we have an opportunity to do something special here on the Argonauts. However, my bank account has been slowly decreasing over the past few seasons as I stepped away from my various jobs around the site. For Rhys, I'm pretty much set for the rest of his career and don't really need to be earning much. However, I'm leaning towards recreating at some point in the future and I'd like to have a good bank account set up to make that player as successful as I can. So if my GM asked me to take a pay cut I'd probably be closer to retiring than accepting a lower rate. But Rhys himself could care less what he's paid as long as he's in a good position to win.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 01:54 PM by Keven. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

For the majority of Kev's career he has always been willing to take the minimum contract to help the team out. Life was good since money was plentiful and savings accounts were growing rather than shrinking. Kev had very little hopes of even becoming a star SHL player in the first place so every new contract seemed like a dream come true regardless of the amount. Now, however, every cent of extra cash will count. With the new craze of SHL player cards recently being released, money has found a new purpose in Kev's life. He's already earned enough to buy a good home and sustain a very comfortable lifestyle, but he has not yet bought enough playing cards to satisfy his gambling needs. Despite his deepest desires to demand a higher contract, ultimately nothing changes. Because hockey is a team game, cap space is always tight, and there are other ways to earn money, optimizing the value of a contract to buy more things will never be Kev's priority.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I chose to write about the creative prompt.

One quick way to get some money quickly, and I'm not talking about the get rich quick schemes, is to sponsor things. If you've seen Netflix's Drive to Survive, you've seen Mick Schumacher posing awkwardly in a tiny house so that's exactly what I'd make the Edmonton Blizzard players do. Every small business is dying to get some exposure and what's a better than to get your favorite SHL players to promote products they never tried or don't believe in ? Another thing we could try is to cut down on expenses. Done are the days where the team has a chef to cook world-class meal to cook for them after every meal. It's now time to take the Montreal Canadiens way and feed our players bagged sandwiches. We also don't need to five stars hotels to stay at during away games. Get down on the common folks level and sleep at a shady motel and take advantage of discounts. Cutting down these expenses and promoting products for the money seems like a good way to get some money in the team's account.

182 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Code:
Written Task:  So, do you do it? Is your player willing to take less to help out the team? Does your player care about money? If so, do they have big obligations off the ice that they need the money for? A huge mortgage? A charitable foundation? Gambling debts? Why do you want the money? If they're just in it for the love of the game and couldn't care less about their contract, then why? Are you already set for life on your earnings? Do you live a humble life that doesn't require much? Tell me what would your player do in this situation and why. (150+ words).

Being asked to play for less value than he is worth is something that Holden Steady accepts as an inescapable reality of life. He's a high quality player who has the unfortunate luck of playing a position that isn't very flashy - his contracts never reflect his abilities on the ice. As such, Steady has taken to living a fairly spartan lifestyle, with a low overhead. The lion's share of his contract payments are handed off to his accountant for investing instead of being spent on an extravagant lifestyle. He's a prime example of the concept of "make hay while the sun is shining" - he plans to work hard through his career, and enjoy the fruits of his labor when it's time to step out of his skates permanently.

His reaction to this news would be a combination of resigned acceptance and bargaining. He would be quick to try to leverage this pay cut into something that would benefit him in another way - a better parking spot, media appearances, or some sort of other small consolation to make up for the cut.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 11:50 AM by sköldpaddor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt:

Lias is wildly insulted when his GMs call him in and ask him to take less money than he is worth. He is a first overall draft pick, how dare they insult him like this? However, his parents have always taught him not to make impulse decisions, so he tells management he will need to think it over and he goes back to his apartment and calls home for advice. His moms talk him down from his "heck this, I'm walking" ledge, because he has put a lot of work into his hockey career and he's not trying to jeopardize the whole thing by getting labeled as "not a team friendly player," so he just decides to accept this insulting contract with grace and plan his revenge later as a highly sought after free agent in the peak of his career. Someone will surely be willing to pay him the money he actually deserves, maybe he could get 10X10 or something if he holds out.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Player prompt:

After sitting down with the GM and being offered less money than usual, it didn't really bother Sven. He's always asked for a minimum contract anyways, as he realizes that the path to a successful team includes surrounding yourself with teammates of equal drive and focus, and you can't get that without having the capital to bring those people in. Besides, money has never really been the goal. Once the entire world realizes that he's the best Sven, money will just jump into his pockets anyway so it seems more conducive to take a tiny step back now to sprint later. He is a bit concerned about the effect it will have on team morale since not everyone is so nonchalant about money, but the plan is to bring some Sven Svechnikov bobbleheads to his teammates during the next team meeting to keep spirits high. They'll surely be priceless in a handful of years.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

WSBL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 01:20 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

Sutton already takes less than he is worth when it comes to contract negotiations so the GM should feel comfortable coming to him and asking for a team friendly contract. He is here to win championships and taking less to do so is what he is all about. Also as the captain, he want's to make sure everyone else's needs are met before his. Doesn't mean he will be happy hearing this stooge pissed away the teams  payroll budget, but somethings are out of his control. As far as money goes, Sutton has had a side job that has paid him very lucratively and has a fairly substantial bank account that would see him through this life and the next.

Sutton also already owns his hideaway on a lake hidden deep in the forests of Maine and if he had to, could live on the land. Living in Edmonton would prepare him for any winters he'd have to face in Maine and once retired he hopes to fade away from memory anyways.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]