Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

In terms of similarities, I don't know that there's a direct comparison. I would say the best is somewhere between the Los Angeles Kings or the Detroit Red Wings.

The first option, the Kings, is due to where we are currently. As we have older players moving on and a wave of young, exciting and new talent coming in and are coming into a position where we should be experiencing at least some level of success as a team. We'll see if it comes together like the Kings did,getting into a playoffs spot should be a possibility this season, but it won't exactly be easy.

The second option might be more realistic. Detroit is a team that's on the upswing, with a mix of young and old that isn't quite ready and done baking. They're going to make a big jump in the near future, but that jump is still gearing up. It's sort of like playing a game of Sonic, just before you get to the springs and launch forward, you're going full speed at it but you haven't gotten there yet.

This is a team that could be just on the edge of the playoff picture, and ready to jump into things over the next few years. It's just going to take some time, and won't be easy going.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

HOCKEY PROMPT

I think we are very similar put together to the San Jose Sharks . Yes sure we're older, but when the sharks were powerful they had an absolutely beast lineup. They had grizzled vets like Marleau, Thornton, Nabikov was a top goalie in his day and defence has a lot of trophy holders, but beside that they have all stars who can preform. Like the sharks, we have been bitten for a Cup. We have not won since the move to Baltimore despite hosting some of the best teams.
The sharks seem to be in a retooling phase, and we're not yet there. Hopefully a few more really solid whacks at the cup before we have to seriously worry about re stocking the cupboards. They had to make some similar tough decisions, players who have been there for a long time and are household names, but old guard. Can you keep them, can you even afford them? Hopefully the non winning similarity ends soon.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

It is an easy answer, but I guess the team most like the Panthers are the Kings. When I think of Los Angeles, I think of these teams. In the past, I have cheered for the Kings, and I was hyped when they won their first ever cup. But if we are going beyond the physical location and the closeness of Los Angeles, then I am saying the Panthers are a lot like the Hurricanes. They are a talented team that can compete in the playoffs, but are chase for a cup after going on a cup draught for a long time. There is some youth to the franchise that will help fuel its success in the future. Then if you want, you can compare head offices. The management of both teams are sharp and really look at the analytics when trying to make decisions on roster moves and lineup strategies. The similarities are plentiful and hopefully we will see both successful in the long run.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2022, 11:41 PM by SFresh3.)

Hockey Prompt:
Ryu looks into the void with his Lion Tablet and sees Adjusting Salary Caps over the Seasons and it scares him.
[Image: wKbg2Au.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

PT Pass

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

Player Prompt:
A story that Manon likes to share with everyone, which it happens to spark quite a bit of laughs, starts out with coffee. Getting coffee from a small shop in Winnipeg that only Manon seems to know about is the go to before games, or even before a practice during which she intends to work on something new. This has been her go to for years, and she always orders the same thing. One time, before a game that was going to be very intense, Manon pulled up to the coffee shop, and ordered. As she was waiting, another woman ordered who looked just like Manon. This was a bit odd considering she has no twins that she is aware of. What made it even weirder is she ordered the same drink. It was a moment of shock and disbelief for sure. As Manon went up to get her drink, she accidentally ran into the woman, making them both spill their drinks onto one another. It was almost as if they split coffee on themselves, except not. It was a mix of laughs and reorders, and neither acknowledged that they could have been the same person. Manon never saw the woman again, and thinks about it every time she orders now.

(This is 100% based off real life events lol, that of which can still not be explained)

PBE Affiliate

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gill.png]

Back when Billy was a young Dutch boy at the simple age of 12 years old he had the most unusual encounter. Billy was practicing at his local ijsbaan when there was a brilliant flash of light and then before him stood a most peculiar sight. Three lanky, green aliens appeared before his very eyes. They said "Billy, we have been watching your development with great interest. We believe you can be one of the best hockey players in the world, and because of this we are here to assist you in your training, to ensure you become the best player you can be." Billy was awestruck, he had never seen creatures of this type before. He was excited to get an other worldly opinion on his skating and his shooting ability. He practiced all day with the aliens, shooting, skating, passing, hitting, he got all the pointers from the aliens , to be the best hockey player the Netherlands has ever seen.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about the coolest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to your player. Maybe it's hockey related, maybe it's not, but I want to give you a chance to add to your player's cannon. What's their most interesting story? Do they tell it to everyone for a laugh? Or is it something they keep on the hush? Get creative with this! (150+ words)

Kawashima used to visit Sapporo a bunch as a kid. It is where he learned how to ice skate and where his fondness for the sport of hockey began. One year, something strrane happened to Kawashima. It was early in the morning, maybe around 4 am. Kawashima had been having trouble falling asleep all night. Not being able to fall asleep, he decided to go outside for some fresh air. It was pitch black outside, except for some faint lights in the city. However, he noticed that behind his house, there was a very bright light. A small one that was rushing through the forests. For whatever reason Kawashima felt the need to chase the light. Running through the forest, knee deep in snow, he tried to keep up with this light. For a moment it looked like he had caught up with the light, as it seemed to be still in one place. As Ryuuji rushed through a bush, he was met with a shrine. The light he had been chasing had disappeared. Kawashima felt a strange feeling coming from the shrine. Almost an evil feeling aura. He backed up and ran back home. The next morning he told his parents about the shrine, but they told him there was no such shrine around the area. Kawashima took them into the forest, to the spot he had been standing that night. The shrine was no longer there.

[238 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

WSBL PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Prompt 1

I think that Winnipeg and the Detroit Red Wings have a striking amount of similarities. They’re both currently constructed in a way that allows them to go on runs and have the potential to heat up in big moments, with a young core that’s expected to carry them far into the playoffs and beyond in the near future. Both teams are run by  a more than competent management team, with long reaching goals and ambitions that will allow both teams to (hopefully) thrive in the future of their respective leagues. Ultimately, I think Tommy’s more direct player comp in the NHL would be rookie Leon Draisaitl - or at least, that’s what I would like him to become. Both players have a monumental amount of potential, and are adept at being the setup men on their lines, while not being afraid to score the puck sometimes almost at will. 

(152 words)

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

player prompt

Everything is just as simple as it can be. My most beautiful career was certainly the draft ceremony. Both SMJHL and SHL. It was a moment when I realized I was supported by a very large number of people who were only good for me. Everything happened that way. We had created a party with the family, because the draft ceremonies were remote, taking into account what was happening in the world in the face of a pandemic. So we had invited our closest friends and relatives. There was nothing to suggest that I would receive great congratulations, because the whole measure looked like a regular birthday party. But when I was chosen, a huge ovation took place, everyone congratulated me and it was beautiful. For a few more days my phone was full of congratulations and good wishes in my future career. It was a wonderful time. I'm sure I want to feel such feelings again.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie