Create Account

S65 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 12:16 AM by Toivo. Edited 9 times in total.)

Kahn on PBE

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification: toivtrivia

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
A: As a member of the Los Angeles Panthers organization, albeit still a prospect in the Juniors, I am going with the cats. This team got so close and burned just recently. They are highly skilled (as are the Barracuda) and highly upset with how the recent playoffs have gone. They are here with something to prove since it’s been so long since wining a cup. (65 words)
B: Los Angeles Panthers coaching staff will have to counter these Tampa Bay Barracuda top forwards by shutting them down and matching their tempo. If you limit their top forwards with your best players, then it will become a matter of depth and the deeper team will come out victorious. There is little doubt that Los Angeles Panthers staff are working hard to find the best counters for Tampa’s best players. (70 words)
C: I think hoping to outlast them via endurance is futile when they’re logging 21+ minutes. I think Tampa Bay will have to play a physical game to really disrupt these defensemen. It wouldn’t be wise to try to outlast these guys via overtime and wear down your own players in the process too. I think Tampa’s best strategy is to stick to their guns and keep it simple. Trying to make it more elaborate might back fire on them. (79 words)
D: It’s hard to say since they have faced different opponents. At first glance, it looks a little like Tampa is being braver out there and willing to sacrifice the body to prevent goals. On the other hand (one that might reside in Los Angeles) it looks like LAP is doing a better job limiting their opponents attempts at quality chances. (60 words)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min
Make up an important character from SHL history. Tell me their name, what their job was, and why they’re important. Maybe they were an eccentric team owner? An agent that represented half the league? Heck, make it a real person from SHL history if you want! I’m always down to hear cool old SHL stories!

Skipp Santos is a legend in the sports journalism world. He used to call games for the Halifax Raiders, before transitioning into a role as a beat journalist for the team following his mysterious exit from the organization. Some say he may have tampered other players around the SMJHL, a highly unusual move for someone in the team’s broadcasting booth. Whatever the truth is, we sadly do not know the circumstances of Skipp Santos’ exit from the Halifax Raiders. Then while beat reporting, Skipp Santos started a daily SMJHL centered radio show which would feature players from the juniors along with agents, general managers, and other broadcasters from around the SMJHL and SHL. Despite the mysterious exit from the broadcast booth, Santos remains in good standing with the sports media market. He is wildly renowned for his eccentric calls and unusual mannerisms. His go to phrase was: You just got hockeyed! Skipp Santos may one day get another crack at the broadcast booth, and I am here for that. Let’s go Skipp Santos! (173 words)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones +3 tpe

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

For World Juniors Championship, I am excited to see what Team DACH has up their sleeves. Since my player made the transfer to Switzerland, he has landed himself a slot on Team DACH. In pre-season, Team Dach has been really exciting despite my player playing a limited role and not producing on the scoresheet. Still, the team has been very successful so there are no complaints here. It would be great to win a championship with this squad and add it to my player’s resume. We have a very talented roster made up of some of the best players in Juniors hockey. My player’s teammate from Yukon, Billy Blazes, is playing with my player here too. There’s a lot of chemistry between these players since they are so familiar from time spent in Yukon. It will be interesting to see how this tournament plays out, but I see it going in Team DACH’s favor and we get some gold medals to add to our resumes. (165 words)

16/16

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 09:04 PM by Good_Ole_Kimmy. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Keyword: Hairless
3/16 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. I think that in a game between the Los Angeles Panthers and the Tampa Bay Barracuda were to play out to decide who would win, I think that the Tampa Bay Barracuda would win. To me, I think that a barracuda has a higher chance at beating a panter in real life so that is why I think they would win. (61 words)
b. If I were the coach of the Los Angeles Panthers Simulation Hockey League franchise the way that I would plan on stopping the top forward line of the Tampa Bay Barracuda Simulation Hockey League is simple: Play my best defensive pairing against them, because they are the best in the league. (51 words)
c. I think that if I were in charge of the Tampa Bay Barracuda Simulation Hockey franchise my strategy to be the top D pairing of the Los Angeles Panthers would be to look for depth scoring in order to beat them. The great thing about hockey is that the top pairing will not always be on the ice, so that leaves openings to score. (64 words)
d. In my eyes, I think that the puck blocking ability of the Tampa Bay Barracuda Simulation Hockey team is a very good thing for the team. To me, that indicates that every player is willing to play their heart out and leave it all out on the ice for a chance at eternal glory and winning it all. (58 words)
7/16 TPE

Code:
Make up an important character from SHL history. Tell me their name, what their job was, and why they’re important. Maybe they were an eccentric team owner? An agent that represented half the league? Heck, make it a real person from SHL history if you want! I’m always down to hear cool old SHL stories!
Over the course of Simulation Hockey League history there have been many members to make a positive impact on the site, but there has been no user that has impacted the site more than hallsy. All it takes is one look at his profile on the site and looking at his accomplishments to really recognize the level of greatness he has achieved. He has amassed several players that have reached over 2 thousand tpe, reached the hall of fame three times, won the challenge cup 8 times, won 3 four star cups, and gotten the Simulation Hockey League most valuable player award. To me, I would struggle to find any member on the site that has even close to the level of success that hallsy has achieved in his SHL career. Even without looking at his achievements on paper you can still see how he has changed the way that gming teams has been approached, ask anyone and they will tell you there hasn't been a time in recent SHL history that Hamilton has been a bad team. He has consistently been one of the most active members on the site for the last decade, and I feel like he doesn't get enough credit for the impact he has had on the site. (213 words)
10/16 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Thread
13/16 TPE

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.
Well there has recently been a social media uproar after a certain Simulation Hockey League prospect Jolmi Koviu was filmed doing something very despicable. You see some fans ended up filming Simulation Major Junior League play Jolmi Koivu of the Colorado Raptors committing a very nefarious act. You see, Jolmi Koivu the prospect for the Hamilton Steelhawks Simulation Hockey League team ended up vandalizing an opponent Simulation Major Junior Hockey League rink. Jolmi Koivu was caught earlier this week on a fans video phone camera device recording Jolmi Koivu using several rolls of toilet paper to toss over the roof of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League team the Vancouver Whalers stadium. This rivalry goes a long way for Jolmi Koivu, see Jolmi Koivu actually knows the general managers of the Whalers quite well, and he thinks that it would be quite inconvenient to clean up for them. Unfortunately someone caught him and he will be doing hard time as a result of his actions. (165 words)
16/16 TPE

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

4. 3 TPE
Of course there are no such superstitions in the SHL, who would believe in such stuff anyways? Right? Guys...

Well, I think there is one big superstition in the league, and that superstition is that Micool is goning to win the cup. And with that being said, it is kind of not. And I think exactly that is the superstition. In saying I'm going to win the cup you take your chances of winning the cup in the end. Let's take a closer look at that assumption. Last season, Micool made it to the finals and lost. That was the closest he came to winning the cup, but he fell short. In this season, the second round of playoffs was the end, in the last few years before he made it once to the semis, but never further. Let's see how this whole thing plays out this season. I think the whole league would love for Micool to win the cup, it's like everyone knows it's going to happen. We will see, let's break this superstition.

5. 3 TPE
Have I ever told you the story of one of the pioneers in SHL? No, then go listen closely. In the beginnings of the league, around season 5, there weren't many foreigners playing in this league. This league was not what it grew into now, and that by far. Be it the reputation, the broadcast possibilities or the global range. It was like an elitary club for a very low amount of people to play in. But that was going to change, also with the efforts of Jürgen Jäger, later known as the one and only Joking JJ.

He was the first player entering the league from overseas, the first European player. And he made a name of himself. Noone could spell his name with the Umlauts correctly, so they just called him JJ. With his personality he soon was one of the fan darlings of the league. His very bad English, paired with a strong German accent made his partly very subtle jokes the burner, and that brought him his name Joking JJ. Later in his career it got a second meaning added, as he fell short thrice in a row to win the Challenge cup, being the loser in three consecutive finals. So some continued to call him Choking JJ.

6. 3 TPE
Thanks for the opportunity dear FHM dev team employee. There are some stats I was missing all along. I have to admit I don't know anything of FHM, so maybe there are some attributes I just don't know do already exist.
The first one I want to present is the attribute of Happiness. Imagine entering the ice with a smile everytime, don't you think your performance would boost to the top? Maybe there is something like Morale, but in my opinion that's not the same.
The second attribute we need to have added is intoxication. You know how it is, don't look at me like that. This is a serious topic. Players tend to party at times, and those times aren't always at the best times. While happiness may rise with a little of intoxication, a high level probably lowers a players happiness drastically. Or do you think you would be happy being hungover? Probably not. Training efficiency, game performance and so on. But things like that happen. Maybe you need a little level of intoxication, otherwise you can't perform because you are too nervous to play? I do not consent something like that, but we have to face that players are different.

7. 3 TPE
Milestones

16. 2 TPE
Everyone knows Schnitzel, right? It is definitely the favorite dish in Austria and also the one that Austria is most well known for. I really like Schnitzel, and being able to cook Schitzel is like mandatory for Austrians.
So, what are the steps to make a good Schitzel?
First, you need meat. I'm not speaking from Wiener Schnitzel, that's just veal. But we also vary Schnitzel with being it pork, chicken or turkey, just don't call it Wiener Schnitzel then. Plain Schnitzel.
1. you need to cut the meat in butterfly cut, or already buy it as such
2. hammer it, to rupture the sturcture. But not too hard, there shouldn't be holes in it
3. prepare flour in one plate, whisk eggs with a pinch of salt in another plate and breadcrumbs in the last
4. put the meat in the flour, just lay it in there and turn it around to have it all covered in flour. Don't press it in the flour! Shake loose flour off
5. put it in the whisked egg, cover it all with it and let loose egg drop off
6. put it in the breadcrumbs. Cover it all over with breadcrumbs, you can put a little pressure on them if you want so they stick better on it, but not necessary
7. deep-fry the Schnitzel, turn it after it gets brownish at the edges, you deep-fry with lard or sunflower oil, about 2cm of it in a pan

Now you have your Schnitzel, enjoy!

23. 2 TPE
Nice of you asking me how I am. I am writing this CW task on a Saturday morning - one day before submission is due - as I found a little time. And I know that I'm probaby not sober tomorrow. Hungover me doesn't like to do tasks like that. I have to prepare soon to go to a competition, take part in it, and afterwards it will be mostly just drinking beer with my companions and friends. And that is hopefully going to be until late night. I was really looking forward to today after a hard week of work.
Other than that, I'm kind of in between of some very crucial private decisions, so they are nagging a bit on me. But nothing too serious, still decisions to make which also means costs and future stuff to plan for.

Also, thanks for being an awesome PT head, cudos to you and all the graders!

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 06:34 AM by Urq660. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. - 3 TPE (hopefully)

Moist

7. - 3 TPE 

Milestones

15. - 3 TPE 

This will be my third IIHF  with the UK team, having missed out on my first couple of SHL seasons. One really exciting thing, for me personally, is how Argonaut heavy the UK team is. Along with myself, Rhys Pritchard and Liam Slate, we have the retiring Daud Ramza for a last hurrah. Landon Fischermann, my line mate for the last tournament is also in the side. This is an exciting SHL/IIHF crossover for me. I also think that the team is looking really good this season and we can put the disappointment of last season behind us and challenge for a medal. Aside from the UK/Seattle crossover, Sweden look dangerous, Canada as always look good in the lead up. I’m not too sure about the USA this season, they’ve certainly had a rough start to the tournament! And of course Latvia, who continue to punch well above their weight, and size! Led by one of my favourite players in the league, and former teammate, Darzins.

18. - 2 TPE 

Wow, well that was certainly not what I expected the Finals to be! Granted, early on you could tell LA we’re going places, and we my favourites at least for the Western Conference. Tampa though, wow! I’m really pleased for the ‘Cuda, they have some top users as well as top players, and my own defensive idol when I started in the SHL, Colin Lambert. It’s great to see other teams come through, it may not be quite such a big thing for people who have been around longer, but I joined in the middle of the Ham/Buf/Tex/Chi monopoly, so it was refreshing.

22. - 3 TPE 

I feel like Daryl is not going to go viral for being the most exciting guy on the ice, for making incredible plays or scoring lacrosse goals. Although, in his rookie season, he did score a hat trick against Texas. I mean, it was a 7-3 loss, so would not have moved the needle on Sportscentre, but I digress! He also is not the biggest personality in public, so would probably not go viral for saying something hilarious. He’s pretty deadpan and extremely sarcastic when he wants to be, so maybe a snarky reply to a reporter might get him clicks on YouTube, but certainly not what you’d consider ‘viral’. The best bet would probably be a ‘normal’ guy doing something extraordinary, like saving a cat from a burning building or talking a depressed New England Wolfpack fan down from a bridge or something. Yeah, that might do it! He’s very much a middle of the road hockey player, so makes sense he’d be a middle of the road YouTube sensation.

13 - 2 TPE 

This has been a weird year for me so far. I thought I had a job I loved, but the machinations higher up the chain have really eroded those feelings. Don’t get me wrong, the nuts and bolts of my job I still love, the day to day stuff. But paring teams down to the bone, pushing more work on everyone and changes in management do not make for high workplace morale. I’ve decided to do something about it and move into a different area of my industry, and I had my second interview for a job yesterday, fingers crossed I hear back from them soon, a better working environment plus better pay equals much happier me!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 07:30 AM by lukamagic. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1: Trivia
lukaluka

Task 8:
[Image: OQEKU3o.jpg]
Task 12:
y
[Image: ad94jMw.jpg]
Task 9:
[Image: tVbWSMC.jpg]
Task 13:
[Image: JA4rjye.jpg]
Task 22:
[Image: JhLbEFD.jpg]

+16 TPE

Code:
word: LATVIETIS

Code:
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 milestones smjhl

Code:
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

a. Given the logic, it seems to me that the Los Angeles team has far greater advantages purely because of history and experience. But everything can happen and Tampa Bay can fumble for a trophy. Everything will be determined by who is more willing to win and who will have more power, because I think the mastery of both teams is at the same level.

b. Certainly I wouldn't break up the already-existing strings, even though the adversaries have a dangerous offensive line, that doesn't mean we don't have good enough protection. After all, we're in the finals, which means we're a good team. This would be my view of this kind of situation. The main thing is not to be afraid.

c. The main thing is patience. No need to set unrealistic goals that would be difficult for players to understand. The game is just the same as it was before, you can win a cup with a good attack. I think the Tampa Bay attack is fantastic and it will be useful in this series. The Panthers team won't have a lightweight series.

d. If we look from a statistical point of view, it's a good thing. This means that the team is dedicated, which has also led to the finals. On the other hand, that means the players certainly have some micro-vulnerabilities with which they will surely have to fight throughout the series because the opponent will put enormous pressure on.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

I have that good opportunity to participate in both tournaments and I can give little insight into my predictions. The IIHF tournament will certainly be different than usual, and teams are determined to prove their strength. The favourites will certainly be the ice hockey professionals of Finland, Sweden and Canada. They already proved the talents of their leaders in the test games. The teams that will struggle more at the bottom of the table include Latvia, Austria and Russia. As much as I don't like to admit it, we have too young a composition to fight for high places. In terms of the WJC tournament, we'll have a pretty tough situation, too, because the team has only two full-fledged defensive players. For the first time in my life, I am facing such a situation and I think it will affect our performance. Leaders will certainly be Canadians and USA youth again.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Do You Touch It? (150 words min.)
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your team or your player believe in them? Why or why not?

I know about such superstitions, and I had a chance to enjoy such a moment. Detroit and I dominated the regular season and handed this cup to us. Since I'm a European player and more or less I don't believe all these things, I touched this cup. A lot of others didn't, and they looked at me quite crookedly, too. But I was sure that with all this we would be able to win the tournament. After all, it happened, and when I looked at the finals series, I still have a strange feeling of pleasure because it was a fantastic play-off. I am pleased with the team and think that if I have to choose again between touching and not touching in the future, then I will certainly continue to touch this cup. History lies! And I'm pretty good proof of such a statement. The whole thing is just in our heads.

16/16

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 12:52 PM by damienj10. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3235347

1. Willys

7. Milestones +3TPE 

16. You're damn right I'm about to write 100 words praising Austrian dish Wiener Schnitzel.
This dish is made up of a delicious cut of veal. This is breaded/battered and then deep fried.
This dish is fantastic, its like an orgasm on your tongue.
You can have it as a side to anything or you can have any sort of potatoey side you fancy. Chips? Yes. Buttery potatoes? Yes. Baked potato? Why the fuck not.
Do you want to impress a lady, man, mum, dad? Cook them this delightfully calorific meal and they will be singing your praises the rest of the night. +2TPE 

21. Now this is boss fighting!
The game is souls-like with each of the SHL brandings occurring as boss battles throughout the game.
We are taking an in depth look at the New Orleans Specters boss "The Specter".
This is a mid to late game boss, and is (you guessed it) a Specter aka ghost. The Specter rises out of the ground at the end of a particularly nasty dungeon crawl. He's guarding a very overpowered amulet which allows any weapon to attack undead enemies. These can currently only be hit by Holy damage & silver weapons.
The Specter has an extremely large sword which has very range sweeping blows. It inflicts bleed damage but is rather slow.
Once you've stripped the Specter of its first health bar it refills. The specters neck starts to elongate and it uses its head as a weapon alongside the sword. Being hit by the head inflicts frenzy. 3TPE

22. Friedensreich Hundertwasser is a massive foody. If he isn't playing hockey or training he is instead in the kitchen cooking up some shit.
He videos a lot of his cooking sessions and uploads them to the youtubes. These usually get watched by his mum and his auntie but don't gain any traction aside from that. Until that fateful day where Hundertwasser cooked up his twist on the New Orleans special Gumbo. Where (as usual) he cooked up a side of Austrian dish Schnitzel.
This wasn't anything outside of the norm, and was confusing to Hundertwasser as to why this particular video blew up. It had reached 20000 views by the end of the first day and 1000000 by the end of the week. It was apparent very quickly what had happened. Hundertwasser wasn't wearing anything on his legs as he was behind the kitchen bunker and his arse was on show in the reflection of the oven. +3TPE

I love these kind of prompts. I'll happily talk about myself for 100 words.
Life is good at the moment, I've escaped the call center, I was successful in applying for a promotion to a position with a lot more growth potential and I can't wait.
I've got a couple of says off next week where I'm going to be doing nothing other than sitting in my pants watching The Boys and playing some elden ring
My wife and daughter are both fantastic and happy and I can't believe how lucky I am at the moment. I hope you my grader are having a great year as well.  2TPE

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

A. For me it has to be TBB because the chance at redemption is extreme. They're not too long removed from a 0-50 season, a mediocrity record that will last the test of time. That's worth fighting to erase not only for the players who were on that team and have retired or moved on but for TBB players now and in the future.

B. The obvious answer is always play hard and get into the dirty zones. But really its play to their weaknesses, get them to take penalties, take away the passing lanes. Playing a shutdown defense against a powerhouse team is not easy but if you're getting down and blocking shots as well as forcing them into passing situations its easier.

C. This is a situation where having a competent bottom six is paramount. This is where you ice those hot defensemen and grind them down into making mistakes or playing out of position. I think leaning on the depth, the grinders and the two way players is where you ice them down. Forcing them out of position by playing heads up hockey is how you win.

D. TBB is not as defensively gifted as LA and the blocked shots shows that. For me, it takes guts to drop down to block a shot and doing it almost twice as much as LA has shows the deficiency. TBB will need to add guys in the offseason to shore up that weakness. Feels like a defensive weakness more than an inability to keep possession though.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

I think the four stars stand for perseverance, dedication, sportsmanship and community. The Junior League is where these things are drilled into you for better or for worse. Usually a majority players will come up understanding that to get ahead in the show you need to have these traits in abundance. But some require having it drilled into them on a daily or weekly basis. The J is all about community, giving back to the cities that host them. Its about sportsmanship, giving back to your teammates and being a consummate professional. It's about dedication, honing your craft, training hard and always forcing yourself to do and be better. It's about perseverance, staying the course, pushing on even when it all seems lost. Any player that comes up with these traits instilled in them goes onto a long, healthy and successful career in a premier sporting league.

That's what they mean to me.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min

The only person I think of from time to time in this league that makes me truly laugh is the guy from Minnesota who proceeded to tamper half of Buffalo, my former player included then just left. I don't remember their name but I know someone reading the thread will absolutely remember the media the guy put out which had a list of targets, all under contract still that Minnesota could target in FA in I believe S48 or S49. I remember half the league turned out to do their best Wes McCauley impressions including my then teammates who posted first in the LR many KEKWs then headed over to the thread to do the same. The other person who I do think about and still have a screen saved on my phone is the "Hold this L, Ugly" person. Bruh/Sis/Non-Binary pal, if you're out there, you have made me laugh when I needed it on many occasions.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+1 TPE

Quote:15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)

I am gonna be a massive homer here but its gonna be Great Britain. Why? Because it took until the year before my regression but I finally got selected to represent Great Britain which means we are gonna win it all. America is great and all and Canada is a powerhouse but Great Britain leads the world in colonizing places, winning wars, showing up and generally clearing house where ever it goes and that's us this season. We rule the waves and ice is water which means we rule that by default, its just the way it is. In all honesty though, I expect us to do pretty well, we've added youth and retained strong players. I think there are surprises out there in Sweden and Germany, they've always had strength to build off of. Ireland as well, you can never count Doyle out.

My picks: GBR, USA, CAN

Good Luck

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, How Are You? (100 words min.)
Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

Honestly it hasn't been going too great. My roommate has been having mental issues and we finally got him on the road to getting help when one of his best friends committed suicide. We've been friends nearly our entire lives so its hard when he lashes out on me because I'm the only other person who seems to care. That coupled with my own stress and issues and no one to talk to about them means I am effectively carrying the stress of two people on my shoulders. It's hard, its getting harder and with everything currently going on in the world some days it feels like that grip is getting harder and harder to maintain on a daily basis.

1. CW Trivia 3 TPE
tarte

2. Grab Bag 4 TPE
a. As a player on the Tampa Bay Barracuda it'd be hard to not pick my team here. Both teams really deserve to win after years of the big 4 winning every time. The Barracuda feature quite a few members who got reverse swept in the finals and the infamous 0 win season, they deserve it the most.

b. As a member of the third line, I think we're not getting enough love here. My linemate Michael Fitted is our current leading scorer, getting all his points 5 on 5. I don't think if you are LA you can match lines that easily as you say. Fitted and Ronlain are both veterans that will destroy any 3rd liners.

c. Kierkegaard and Kahnwald is currently the best defensive duo in the league, no doubt about it. They also have Gates that give them a great top 3. Not much you can do here if you're Tampa Bay. Just gotta grind them down, finish every hit and make their life miserable. That 3rd pairing is nothing extraordinary, gotta take advantage of that.

d. It can be seen as both good and bad. The cuda are obviously not the most talented team and they rely a lot on their goaltending to get wins. They have a lot of heart and will block as many shots they can. But it also shows they are in their own end for way too long and getting outshot almost every time is not best way to win.

4. Do You Touch It? 3 TPE
It's obviously something you don't talk much about in the locker room as you always focus one game at a time. After our first round series win against Manhattan, we were facing the previous Challenge Cup finalist. We were huge underdogs, losing in 4 the season before. After the upset win, we started to talk about what we will do if we do win the eastern conference. It wasn't been cocky, don't get me wrong. But the two teams that always got the best of us were eliminated. An older Buffalo team was all that was remaining. Captain and Barracuda legend said before game 6 tonight we winning the damn east. For far too long Hamilton and Buffalo hold that spot, we're taking that Mathias Chouinard Trophy with us tonight. Fuck those superstitions, we're the ones making our own luck. That win meant so much to us, we celebrated with it like it was the Challenge Cup.

7. Milestones 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3235099

15. IIAM Excited for IIHF 3 TPE
First of all, I'm curious to see how Switzerland will do this time around. The team always seem to play above expectations but we've lost quite a few veterans since our last medal 2 years ago. We might not qualify for the round medals this time around but we have for a smaller nation probably the best prospect pool. Two of our lines will have 425 TPE players, that will give them valuable experience. My player will have an opportunity to get more ice time for this tourney and hopefully in the near future lead that young talent to that elusive gold medal. For predictions, I expect Canada doing really well once again. Germany and Ireland had a rough time to assemble a roster, things might not go well for them. Japan is always in the picture and Sweden is probably the best team on paper. Austria and Latvia should be bottom feeders once again. So all in all, I've got Sweden gold medal, Canada silver and Japan bronze.

18. The procrastinator 2 TPE
My biggest surprise was to find out I only got 2 milestones this season and now having to do some extra work because of it. The LA Panthers was the best team on paper and they won so no surprise. Hamilton with a roster of mostly below 1000 TPE players still found a way to win a series... so no surprise here either. Tampa Bay might have finished with the most points in the east but most people expected them to get bounce in the 2nd round. Being the finalist was a nice surprise. Baltimore once again underachieved in the post season and are currently blowing their whole roster. Finally a final without one of Hamilton, Buffalo, Chicago involved was nice change of scenary

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Code:

clapper

Code:

I am taking the Los Angeles Panthers as the winner of this series, pretty much only because I am writing this answer after they have already won, so it is only fair that I take the actually winner when I am predicting who won a series that has already ended. Also didn't TBB get swept last time they were in the finals? lmao never betting on that team to actually win

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

The four stars on the four star cup of the simulation hockey league of the junior capacity, also sometimes referred to as the SMJHL for short, by some, not by all, and certainly not by me, are of course for the four corners of a square. What does that mean you ask me? Well it is very simple. A square has four corners, and one corner is in the top left (from my orientation of course) and one corner is in the top right, and one corner is in the bottom left and one corner is in the bottom right and these are the four corners that represent the four stars on the four star cup. It is a very simple question, actually it is even in the name. Four stars, four corners, four score and three nights ago I have told you this answer and you have already forgotten. How many more times am I going to have to tell you. 

Code:
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your team or your player believe in them? Why or why not?

I am not superstitious but I am a little stitious. That should tell you every single thing that you will ever need to know about this league. Let it be the simulation major junior hockey league, what some may call the SMJHL, or the simulation hockey league, what very few people will every refer to as the SHL. Either way, whichever league any single human being or bug or piece of dust or lint, or animal on this earth or any not yet discovered will have to say about superstitions is this. You are not allowed to play on coloured ice. Especially not coloured to pee green unless you are playing for team Canada on the IIHF, simply because that is our ice colour and you are not allowed to use it. If I catch you using the pee green ice and you are not on Team Canada I will curse you for eternity. How is that for a superstition. Other stitions are you can't walk forwards onto an ice surface during the playoffs, you have to be walking backwards or you'll lose.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

If you work for the FHM dev team, you must surely know my uncle. He invented FHM! Along with club penguin and disney and roblox. Very famous guy, he bans whoever I ask him to. If i wear to add any statistic (stat for short) that I wanted into this simulation engine, it would without a doubt have to be this: leg length. Why would I add that. It is rudimentary my friend. It is simple. Here are the facts. People with long legs take less steps to go further. I am tall, and I have short friends. And when we walk places, I will walk at a normal pace, and then I will have to stop and stand and wait for the others to catch up because my normal pace is faster than their normal pace because I have longer legs. So we take this stat or statistic if you would prefer to call it that and we slap it on the ice surface along with a pair of skates. Well someone with longer legs on skates will have to take less strides to get where they are going, ergo, vis a vis they will be skating faster. 

Code:

link

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

1. Tater
3/16 TPE
3. The four stars on the four star cup represent the four dragons that sacrificed themselves to create the SHL. In the old world there were sports but there was no hockey. Did I mention dragons roamed the land because that’s kinda important. Seeing there was a lack of an ice related physical sport for humans four legendary dragons turned against the dragon clans to forge a new sport. The four aspects of hockey are clearly defined by these four dragons. Axila the dragon of strength. She gave us the fighting spirit and her power still flows through the blood of every hockey player. Durang the dragon of speed. His spirit pushes our skates forward every time we step on the ice. Promda the dragon of victory. Her spirit drives us to play at our best no matter the odds. Lastly Fromandia the dragon of comradery. He binds us to our teammates not just for seasons but for life. Each season a team hoists the four star cup in memory of these great dragons.
6/16 TPE
6. I think the perfect stat to add to FHM would be stealth. We are already basically playing dungeons and dragons on ice so why not lean into it. I know there is offensive read and defensive read but hear me out. Stealth would reduce the sound your player makes while skating. While players can still read the play with offensive or defensive read they might lose track of a particularly stealthy player. This could mean a pass that should be safe is picked off or the player is able to make an unexpected line change in the middle of a play without it being noticed. Stealth could also include your ability to send nonverbal signals to your teammates further masking your upcoming play or future ice position. This stat wouldn’t be too powerful as players can still detect you with their reads and goalies would have much less likely chance to lose track of a player. This would add new and exciting plays to the game. 9/16 TPE
7. Tater claims 3 from milestones
12/16 TPE
22. it happened again. A video of Makrus has gone viral. Makrus tires so hard to hide his identity even moving to a new team and city this offseason. Even this change of scenery hasn’t stopped attempts to reveal his true identity. The video in question is Makrus packing to move and finding his old disguise he used to wear when playing for Germany in IIHF. He proceeds to put the disguise ( a pair of oversized glasses and a fake mustache that would fool no one) on and begins to talk to himself about his secret identity. Even going as far as to take of the glasses and refer to himself as Makrus before putting them back on and referring to himself as Markus. He repeats this process for several minutes before realizing that he probably shouldn’t be doing that and most certainly shouldn’t be recording himself doing it. Makrus realizes that he should delete the video he just took but accidently uploads it to his social media instead. Makrus now has to lay low for a while and let the heat die down.
15/16 TPE
23. Wow talking about myself for TPE, yes please. To start it is Sunday morning and I have stalled as long as I can to do champ week. For the last 2 years I have worked at home and really just stay at home most the time. The isolation wasn’t so bad and sim leagues were a great outlet for it. At some point I lost my focus and wasn’t even paying attention to sim leagues anymore. Now I am trying to regain that focus and dive back in. Watch games and interact with my team more. Maybe someday I can be the same player I was when I first joined the league.
16/16 TPE

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Bababooey

This is a post being written with intense hindsight, but even in the moment before the finals it's insanely difficult to oversell Los Angeles accomplishments. As mentioned in the prompt they were runners up in S63 and they are returning with a more refined team. Kierkegaard, Wagner, Weston, and Bobby Lane are the bulk of the veteran depth--three of them listed there are accomplished in many regards, including as Kraken legends. The meat of their forward core is... also built on Kraken legends but it also features smart acquistions aside from the draft like Strongo and Burke. The point being here is that the Panthers have come up from a long line of playing together, and are peaking at the same time during another chance to win the cup. After a strong regular season it is hard to deny that they are... were the favourites.

Going to prompt B (which I omitted here, whoops) is the key for Tampa's chances here. Given the 102 points from the top 6 the Barracuda don't need to match straight up with LA's top pairing. In order to get by the top pairing they have to accept that one line might not be scoring, but they need to be able to accomplish one other thing: not get scored on. It is one thing to accept not scoring, but the GF/60 number is a much more concerning one for Tampa Bay. They need to at least possess the puck in an effective manner to neutralize that pairing of players to avoid getting score on. That is naturally easier said than done, but depth scoring was key for the Barracuda for a while so it is not out of the realm of possibility.

The superstitions for the SHL oughta be pretty basic, y'know? Don't touch the confy finals trophies, never change your jock strap, and never say you're gonna win the cup until you actually do it. With how some specific player(s) in the league be out there saying they are bound to win the cup, and have not won the cup, it seems only natural to assume that superstition bleeds into players not being able to proclaim victory before it's been realized. In a similar vein to wordy superstitions, proclaiming draft position to be wrong is a death sentence when you are going against the person you made the proclamation against--regardless of the time away from when it first happened. It can be 20 seasons from now and if Fedor Sotakov faced off against Pasta the Turtle in a series, Pasta the Turtle's team would come out victorious. Just as long as Pasta hadn't changed their jock strap, if that had happened then it's a true toss-up on which superstition takes control and demands an L.

Everyone remembers the infamous Jack Crasher rule, but they often forget to note the man who suffered the bulk of that collapse--Johnny Boppa. It's a real classic sob story, heart breaking tale, yadda yadda. The way it's told is that ol' Mr. Boppa is an honest to god good man. He works hard, represents his clients fairly, and was a prominent agent back in the days before the incident. He's running a classic offseason--making calls, organizing contracts, conferring with clients. All agent-y type stuff. Then he receives a contract he didn't communicate on, followed by numerous contracts by nearly half the league demanding his client sign with them given he agreed to contracts with them in confidentiality. Everyone knows the Crasher story from there. While Jack was banned from the league itself (or whatever his punishment may have been, memory be hazy and all that), Boppa had the unfortunate fate of continuing to work in the SHL, but as the man who signs the contracts of the inactive players in the world. His office is a mess of paperwork. Every offseason hundreds of contracts lineup that he has to sign. He has no choice, his client can't sign them and he has no power to deny them. But he still has to be the person that tracks down Geezus Kryyst to communicate terms of payment and of contract over the offseason before their corpse is wheeled into the net.

Milestones +3 TPE

23. Written, 2 TPE, How Are You? (100 words min.)
Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

Man, how a dude is feeling is a tough question. I dunno. At one point I am stressed to be starting a full-time job and losing out on the free-time of summer, but at the same time realizing that there's nothing to be afraid of since the free-time isn't used for anything useful at all. So really wondering if it's worthwhile to fear that I'm missing out on something that I don't need? Especially when I'm still able to go out, enjoy bars, hang out with freinds, etc.? Maybe it's just not worth it to question, but I enjoy just being able to sit down for some time, do nothing, and not have to worry about getting up early. But at the same time I can't really stomach sleeping in, because it feels like I'm missing out on life--even though I just want to enjoy nothing sometimes. Who knows, and so really, how can I know how I'm feeling?

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Gm pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.

Daisy

Code:

Shiny Shuckle, +3 TPE

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!