Create Account

S65 Championship Week

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers vs. BarracudaBarracudaBarracudaBarracudaBarracuda

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is Sunday July 3rd at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.* Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring? 
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Do You Touch It? (150 words min.)
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your team or your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min
Make up an important character from SHL history. Tell me their name, what their job was, and why they’re important. Maybe they were an eccentric team owner? An agent that represented half the league? Heck, make it a real person from SHL history if you want! I’m always down to hear cool old SHL stories!

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, There Are Many Sticks Like it, But this One is Mine
Finally a major gear company has reached out to you about manufacturing your signature stick! For some reason that’s all they’re willing to do though, so it’s up to you to take it from here! Create a mock-up of your player’s stick! Include their name, and a bullet point list of some of its key selling points.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Unorthodox
Coach is super late for practice when someone you’ve never seen before shows up and says they’re the coach now. They don’t seem to know what hockey is, or even how to skate, and are just shouting instructions from the bench! Are they really the new coach? Weird! Show me your team doing a strange practice drill that someone who has never seen hockey before might come up with. The weirder the better!

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Ocean’s 65
Somehow you’ve missed out on the cup again! This won’t do! This time, you’re going to get that cup one way or another. Show me your player and a couple of your teammates executing a heist to steal the cup from the winning team.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Album Cover
Your favourite artist has suddenly gone wild for simulated hockey, and has approached you to join them on the cover of their latest hockey themed release! Show me your player posing on their dream album cover, with their dream artist.

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, A Real Ratatouille Situation 
On day one of the playoffs a little animal got into your helmet and started piloting your like a fighter jet. You have no idea how it works, but you’ve never played better! Depict your player in the best game of their life, but make sure we can see the tiny little creature responsible for your success! What kind of animal is it? Up to you!

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, DALL-E? More like WINN-ING!
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S65 Challenge Cup Series
-The S65 Four Star Cup Series
-An S65 IIHF Preview
-A Breakdown of How Your Favorite Hockey Team’s Season is Going

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Choose a dish from your IIHF federation and tell me about it! Does your player make it? A member of their family? What’s special about it to you?

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!

Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, From Sim to Shining Sim (150 words min.)
Did you know that not a single SHL or SMJHL team has a city on the opposite side of the world from it? It’s all ocean! Every single one! This is a huge missed opportunity for rivalries! Below is a list of cities that are pretty much exactly on the opposite side of the world from each other, also known as antipodes. Choose two, give me some new expansion team names, and tell me why they’d make a great rivalry! LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/548291024103931905/988640188592955402/antipodes.png

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Boss Fight (150 words min.)
Develop a video game boss fight based off of your team’s branding. Tell me what it looks like, what its strengths are, and most importantly– how you defeat it. ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player fighting the boss you’ve imagined.

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, How Are You? (100 words min.)
Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

I hope everyone had a great season, and that you find a prompt or two here that you can have fun with! Excited to see you all again in S66!
Once again this is due SUNDAY JULY 3RD at 11:59pm PST.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

CW Pass

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

Gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022, 12:16 AM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

gm cw pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 11:56 PM by SFresh3. Edited 2 times in total.)

3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 16 TPE
1 + 7 + 8 + 11 + 13 + 21

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7* for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3 TPE

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE, There Are Many Sticks Like it, But this One is Mine

Finally a major gear company has reached out to you about manufacturing your signature stick! For some reason that’s all they’re willing to do though, so it’s up to you to take it from here! Create a mock-up of your player’s stick! Include their name, and a bullet point list of some of its key selling points.
[Image: xSKK22w.jpg]
Quote:11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Album Cover

Your favourite artist has suddenly gone wild for simulated hockey, and has approached you to join them on the cover of their latest hockey themed release! Show me your player posing on their dream album cover, with their dream artist.
[Image: SBiLVhK.jpg]

Quote:13. Graphic, 1 TPE, DALL-E? More like WINN-ING!
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini
[Image: 3IWcOaT.png]

Quote:21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Boss Fight (150 words min.)

Develop a video game boss fight based off of your team’s branding. Tell me what it looks like, what its strengths are, and most importantly– how you defeat it. ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player fighting the boss you’ve imagined.
[Image: 7FrMWvg.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

GM CW pass

Gm cw pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

PT/CW pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

CW Pass yessirrrrrr

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

HO CW Pass

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 05:20 PM by Count Chocula. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

JNH

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Claim

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

GM CW Pass

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

GM CW pass

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2022, 03:05 PM by ValorX77. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Keyword Is Valor

4. Legend has it that if you eliminate Hamilton in the playoffs, you cannot win the cup that season. For example, take the Atlanta Inferno in last seasons playoffs, who eliminated the Steelhawks in the eastern conference finals, only to get obliterated in the challenge cup finals by Chicago in 5 games, and only escaping a sweep by an overtime win in game 2. As it turns out, this curse remained during this season’s playoffs too, when Buffalo knocked out the previously mentioned Steelhawks in 5 games in the second round, only to watch their championship dreams end in the next round by the Tampa Bay Barracuda in the eastern conference finals. As it seems that beating Hamilton guarantees doom in the next round or later on in the playoffs, unless Hamilton ends up winning the cup every over year it seems. My advice: don’t run into Hamilton in the playoffs, that’s a disaster waiting to happen. (156 words)

6. I was assigned by the FHM team to add a new attribute to FHM9, and that new stat is called "intelligence". This stat is an extra element to the game of hockey where it determines if your player is more than likely not going to make bad turnovers or commit too many penalties. Low intelligence would be good for a goon style player, but for everything else, you need to have this maxed or else, your stupidity will cost your team! Having a low intelligence stat on a 2 on 1 situation will more than likely result in a bad goal for the other team. But what about goalies, you may be asking, it is much more needed to have this maxed for your goaltenders, because you don’t want your goalies giving up 4-5 goals a game because of a low intelligence stat, this is why this new stat is important to max out. (154 words)

14. Challenge Cup Final Predictions and Analysis

17. Videl is proud to be born in the beautiful island nation of Japan. We are not only known for our top notch hockey program, but also for our local cultures, such as our temples which allows you to travel back in time to the days of shoguns and samurai. Our food is also something for everyone to admire too, everyone admires the sushi we have here, but we also have special types of pizza and pancakes that are rarely seen outside of the country! Our cities also have unique atmospheres too, such as the nightlife of Tokyo and Osaka. If you want a unique experience to Japanese culture, you should check out our virtual YouTuber scene, which is growing at an unprecedented rate, and has something everyone can enjoy. But probably our best thing from our culture and country is definitely our fish markets, you can get large quantities of seafood not seen anywhere else! (155 words)

16/16

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]