Create Account

S66 mPT #0: Missing Link

Idk the part where FHM7 doxxes you and then puts multiple contracts out for your murder was kind of a dealbreaker for me. I know some people might say that's a feature and worth paying for but frankly I just couldn't get into it and I didn't really see the point.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

One really bad feature of FHM7 is it actually allows players created by the user "Gwdjohnson" to actually have an effective career and compete for a hall of fame spot. It makes me shudder thinking about it (37 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Injuries are now mandatory to better simulate real world situations.

This would obviously be awful and would result in people leaving the league for good. Imagine you're a season or two away from really peaking and you get a career ending injury. No thanks.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

These new features will damage the worth of FHM7 for the league:

1) Player editing is locked behind a paywall: each update will cost ~2 USD per player.
2) Each player is assigned a 'destiny' score which determines how well they do in any given season: this is random, and cannot be edited or turned off.
3) Streaming is now banned for FHM: all sims are now strictly on a 'trust the simmer' basis.

[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
Berserkers Blizzard Usa

The worst feature they could add is like, making it so instead of sticks the players have big, tubular bats, and instead of ice it's a massive diamond like field, and instead of a puck there's just one guy throwing a ball and once guy has to hit it. Something like that would really ruin what FHM is all about in my opinion.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

FHM7 proved unusable fairly quickly as it featured semi-regular pop-ups that called the user a slur selected randomly from a large pool of slurs. this was unacceptable for use and no one knows how this got installed, but jordan peterson recorded a video of himself crying and whining when discovery of this feature led to the game's removal from the steam store.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I have no idea what's in FHM, but if we assume it's like Football Manager to an extent, then I can think of a few things that might be ... problematic. Agents are a big one in FM, where people regularly complain that adding them "ruined the game" (lol, the irony). I can see that being a problem in a sim league especially, since players wanting to move should never really have an impact on anything unless the user behind the player wants to move. Can see that being a major headache to prevent or minimise the effect of.

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

The worst features would be:
- Its a hockey sim
- Its not a real life sport
- It costs money
- You need a computer to play it
- You don't play for the argonauts

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

You can only live sim, at IRL speed, on the absolutely terrible 2D sim, with actual NHL caliber refs, during covid so you get no fans, and with the only playoff format being 4 qualified to play for conferences and then finals.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

FHM7 take your simulation experience to the next level! It’s literally a bag of dice. Manual random number generation at its finest. FHM7. Paid add on to ask Siri heads or tails! Fun for the whole family!

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

The worst FHM 7 feature would be if you had to pay a monthly subscription fee versus just being able to buy the game. I hate those kinds of models for games

[Image: Rg2aCpa.png]

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk / Thunder Bay Walleye

[SHL] Buffalo Stampede | Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL] Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

A hidden feature that isn't so hidden anymore that if you have a rating of 20 in shooting accuracy and < 10 passing, your player will take roughly 10x the amount of shots as a regular player.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

FHM7 was actually highly controversial when it came out. They really liked the idea of 7 special edition features, but for some reason settled on the 7 deadly sins. This sim engine had it all:
  • Lust
  • Gluttony
  • Greed
  • Sloth
  • Wrath
  • Envy
  • Pride

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

The ability to lock a team out from simming in a game where the point is the sim playing as a team. like what? obviously the SHL is the only people that buy fhm.

[Image: 35broks.gif]

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]

[Image: aRCIyeu.png]

The devs were watching too much baseball so they implemented a new AI system for the officials to make them more weak skinned and trigger happy. Ejections are skyrocketing and it has become the ump show.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]