Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

ISFL PT +

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Part of being the best Sven means you have a lot of time in front of the cameras. Sven Svechnikov got used to being in front of the camera pretty early, as well as maximizing his time in front of the camera for both the benefit of his SHL team, the Manhattan Rage, and for the Great Britain IIHF team. TikTok in particular has been a great recruiting tool for top talent for the British squad, where he has damn near rebranded "the dab" as "the Sven". Kids are doing it, adults are doing it, even their grandparents are doing it. He has to make sure to not get sucked into going viral too much though, as there is a lot of work to be done considering the season has just started for the Rage, and the British IIHF squad had a very disappointing showing last season. All in all, Sven doesn't shy away from the cameras at all, but still finds a way to remain professional.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

When trying to generate views for his youtube channel, Melvin decided to become an expert dance dance revolution player. While the game may not be as popular as it once was, Melvin knew that he had a distinct advantage over the human players he would feature on his streams. His four legs compared to their two. While some might argue that his size would put him at a disadvantage, when you have the millions that Melvin possesses, you can easily see that it costs you nothing to be able to make a customized dance dance revolution mat, one that is specifically moose sized. Melvin has really excelled and uses his four legs and funky attitude to create some dance moves that were never seen before, and quite frankly, should never be seen again. The videos are usually electric, though, and rack up viewership as this groovy moose struts his stuff for the audience.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

[Image: ItfHpF6.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PLAYER PROMPT
I've already talked about the LEG and O'Neil choreographed ice skating routine in a past PT so what would make a better youtube or tiktok post then clips of that. The theme from frozen will certainly need to be muted so the Disney corporation doesn't shut us down, but the rest of the routine can go up on youtube. We can split up the routine and do smaller clips of the more intense stuff that we're pulling off for tiktok. Just how everyone but LEG and Jay hated being part of the ice skating routine, they hate it being filmed even more, thankfully most of the real close-up highlights were of the only two who were enthusiastic to be out there. We'll be the pioneers of tiktok ice skate moves instead of outdated tiktok dances, it must also be noted that Jay is certainly not above wearing a crop top and man yoga pants to try and get a few more views.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, some people don't care about hockey media. Fair enough! Let's talk about your player again then, and their obligations to team media departments.

Written Task: These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

Putting myself in the mindset of my player, I think earlier on in Adam's career, he would have been very eager to get himself out there in front of cameras and an audience. But as you get older and your priorities start to shift away from fame and attention and onto legacy and a family, I think it's natural to pull away from that.
Adam would quite literally never interact with the online side of things. He doesn’t even have a twitter account (which is a shame since I know those pay so well here in the SHL). I think he’d be more willing to do occasional appearances on hockey broadcasts and in television specials based around his team, like say if there was a road to the cup type show involving Atlanta last season. But even then, I just think with age he’s become more and more shy.
Shifting slightly from that, I don’t think he’d stay in hockey after retiring. But he would support his son, who will eventually make his way to the SHL hopefully.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 12:26 AM by efischermann. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Written Task:  These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

We have the best fans around in Seattle and they have supported me since I was drafted in the first round as a rookie. I was the first player in franchise history to be selected with Seattle’s own first round pick, which is pretty incredible in the franchise’s 8th season in the league at that point. The fans welcomed me in immediately, so I love doing things in the community. Anything from appearing on the teams’ YouTube channel, their twitter account or anything else they ask of me. I keep my own twitter as active as possible, but with our schedule that can be hard at times. I try and make up for that by being more active on fan appreciation nights or any even that involves fans being there. My favorite thing to do is try and make people laugh on the jumbotron with the random games that we play with each other before the season and they play up there during breaks throughout the season.

167 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Hockey prompt (Written)

I'm follow a lot of sports media on twitter, though I don't really read a ton of articles. I'm a bit Penguins fan, so I follow mostly Penguins related writers. I like Ryan Wilson, who writes for Hockeybuzz, I tend to agree with his more realistic takes. A lot of official media I find are clearly hacks who just write the garbage that doesn't get them in hot water so they can continue to get access to the teams/players. Outside of the Penguins, I used to watch the Steve Dangle podcast every time they'd post, but as they've expanded and done different content, I've sort of lost interest. I usually only like to follow, read and watch content from people that I think are good humans, which is more important than the actual hockey takes. I like a lot of in depth analysis, but don't follow anyone besides JFresh for anything like that, and he's more of an introduction for in depth discussion, due to his visual player cards. I feel like accountability is missing in a lot of major hockey media. You can see it in some of the articles that throw star players under the bus, or flat out make up stories about people to push a narrative. Some people should probably have their credentials revoked. If I started my own media, I would probably try to avoid filling it with some of the main sponsors of hockey content (gambling sites, alcohol, etc.). Gotta move away from that frat boy stuff, in my mind.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

ISFL Affiliate

PT pass because I am already a media mogul.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Player task:

William Salming enjoys media sessions with local media. Especially he likes to give one long interview per season for local newspaper because he appreciates print media. But also Salming is familiar with the camera even though he enjoys more to have for example live Q and A sessions in the Twitter. There Salming uses the Twitter account of the team and answers questions from the fans. That happens usually twice in a season. He also usually gives one long interview for team's Youtube channel during season and goes through some tactical elements of how Argonauts have played. He is one the veteran players in the team and that way knows how to handle media sessions. He has also tried to give some advices for younger guys like for example Landon Fischermann to be more creative in his media answers and tweets so fans get to know him better and he becomes more popular guy in the streets of Seattle. But Salming has also limits. TikTok is something he doesn't use now or never.

[Image: salming.png]

Written Task: These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

When Rush Justice is in between training sessions in the gym or with the Carolina Kraken coaching staff, he tries to go out of his way to make an impression on social media whenever he finds that he is able to. After all, exposure only serves to build his brand, and above all, at the end of the day, athletes are entertainers. In the grand scheme of things, hockey careers are short, by design. The longest of them in the SHL only last around 10-18 seasons typically, and the smart ones will use this time to foster a relationship with their fans so they will continue to support them after they've hung up their jersey. Whether it's jobs within your team's management, a popular podcast, or even being invited as a regular on a sportscasting panel, these jobs are usually given priority to the popular players that the fans love, so it's important to build a relationship with them as early as possible.

168 words

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho