Create Account

SDCore calls it quits

Hey League.

@The Syndicate friends, family, loved ones.. I never wanted to do this and I hate to do it, but this is going to be my last season as your GM... I love you all so much but I need a break. JNH and I have talked and I hope he is going to take over. I will still be here to coach and help as much as possible. Honestly I love you all so much... Thank you for making my life so easy for the past 3 years. Gods I hate this message so much...

I'm super happy with what Chicago has become and what my team now, but I am done.

I want to thank my team, my advisors and friends.

JNH you are literally the best person... I cannot express that enough.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 03:24 PM by Wally. Edited 1 time in total.)

<3… truly one of the goats.

I don’t think I need to divulge into how you and JNH brought me back to the SHL. You were one of the lights in my darker times of life…

Love ya buddy!

[Image: Wally.png]

Legend!
Gunna miss you, one of the best out there!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

whatever I say here is going to be not enough, but I have to say something because i can't say NOTHING so anyway

When I got traded to Chicago at like...10PM on a Tuesday night, I was just miserable at the idea. Tampa was the only locker room I'd ever had, I thought I was going to be part of a rebuild that was about to happen, and then I wasn't, and I was just so sad, and then I messaged you because you were like the ONLY person I knew there, and you made me feel so much better about it. I didn't realize until I got there how you were so much of the heart of the team already, even though you weren't GM yet. It was you and JNH we were going to for build advice for so long, it was you I came to with FHM questions when I started to tentatively venture into management myself.

We have talked a lot about how a lot of people seem to think you had something handed to you, that Chicago was just a really good team when you took over and you got to reap the benefits or whatever, but anyone who was there before you became GM knows how much work you actually put into building the team into what it was when you actually took over. I know people who weren't in there like to talk shit. People always do talk shit about stuff without all the information (god knows I've done it) but as somebody who lived in that locker room for over two years, I really don't think it's possible to overstate how central you have been to the entire culture that has been built there, and what a genuinely loving, positive environment it has always been since the day I got there. Anybody who says you were handed something doesn't know shit, and I'll leave it at that. You have put so much work and love into this team and making it what it is, and I wouldn't still be kicking around here if it weren't for the time I spent there.

You guys have built a place where people feel valued and welcome - regardless of who they are and what stage of their life they're in, and that is such a hard thing to do. We have pockets of like-minded people form all over this website - people bond over being around the same age, or having the same interests, but you managed to build a little community of people who might otherwise have absolutely nothing in common. You had me in there as a thirty-something first time mom, and y'all made me feel like me (and my little stories about my kiddo, and her occasional keyboard smash messages to the whole locker room when I left my computer unattended) were such a big part of it, and you have made so many people feel that way - whether we were all giving Nyko advice on girls, or tagging @shots, or throwing juice boxes at Patty, or jackbox nights, we were a family in there. It was exactly what so many of us needed at that point in the pandemic, and I don't know what I would have done without it.

i love you and i appreciate you and i see how much you put into your team and this site as a whole and I am sorry if anyone has ever made you feel like that's not valued, because the passion you put into the things you work on is something we need more of and I am so glad to have had the chance to be so close to it for so long. thank you so much for everything, don't go anywhere <3

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Does this mean you can come to dnd tonight?

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

10-04-2022, 03:14 PMRuggsy Wrote: Does this mean you can come to dnd tonight?

Peace is a lie there is only passion

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

10-04-2022, 03:38 PMRangerjase Wrote:
10-04-2022, 03:14 PMRuggsy Wrote: Does this mean you can come to dnd tonight?

Peace is a lie there is only passion
Through passion I gain strength

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

CHI Legend 

*STICK TAP*

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Chicago was one of the places I knew I'd be happy in if I ended up there. The org will be fine, but it's an unquantifiable loss regardless. <3

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

respect.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

10-04-2022, 03:42 PMRuggsy Wrote:
10-04-2022, 03:38 PMRangerjase Wrote: Peace is a lie there is only passion
Through passion I gain strength

Through strength i gain power

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

SD, congrats on an amazing GM career.

Stick taps to you.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

10-04-2022, 03:12 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: whatever I say here is going to be not enough, but I have to say something because i can't say NOTHING so anyway

When I got traded to Chicago at like...10PM on a Tuesday night, I was just miserable at the idea. Tampa was the only locker room I'd ever had, I thought I was going to be part of a rebuild that was about to happen, and then I wasn't, and I was just so sad, and then I messaged you because you were like the ONLY person I knew there, and you made me feel so much better about it. I didn't realize until I got there how you were so much of the heart of the team already, even though you weren't GM yet. It was you and JNH we were going to for build advice for so long, it was you I came to with FHM questions when I started to tentatively venture into management myself.

We have talked a lot about how a lot of people seem to think you had something handed to you, that Chicago was just a really good team when you took over and you got to reap the benefits or whatever, but anyone who was there before you became GM knows how much work you actually put into building the team into what it was when you actually took over. I know people who weren't in there like to talk shit. People always do talk shit about stuff without all the information (god knows I've done it) but as somebody who lived in that locker room for over two years, I really don't think it's possible to overstate how central you have been to the entire culture that has been built there, and what a genuinely loving, positive environment it has always been since the day I got there. Anybody who says you were handed something doesn't know shit, and I'll leave it at that. You have put so much work and love into this team and making it what it is, and I wouldn't still be kicking around here if it weren't for the time I spent there.

You guys have built a place where people feel valued and welcome - regardless of who they are and what stage of their life they're in, and that is such a hard thing to do. We have pockets of like-minded people form all over this website - people bond over being around the same age, or having the same interests, but you managed to build a little community of people who might otherwise have absolutely nothing in common. You had me in there as a thirty-something first time mom, and y'all made me feel like me (and my little stories about my kiddo, and her occasional keyboard smash messages to the whole locker room when I left my computer unattended) were such a big part of it, and you have made so many people feel that way - whether we were all giving Nyko advice on girls, or tagging @shots, or throwing juice boxes at Patty, or jackbox nights, we were a family in there. It was exactly what so many of us needed at that point in the pandemic, and I don't know what I would have done without it.

i love you and i appreciate you and i see how much you put into your team and this site as a whole and I am sorry if anyone has ever made you feel like that's not valued, because the passion you put into the things you work on is something we need more of and I am so glad to have had the chance to be so close to it for so long. thank you so much for everything, don't go anywhere <3

Jess i was avoiding reading this, you are and always will be my vent queen. i love you,

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

You absolutely deserve a break after your hard work. Congratulations on all the accomplishments along the way!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Oh wow! End of an era, enjoy some relaxation bud

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]