Create Account

S67 PT #4: Limited Edition Due: October 16th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hockey Prompt

Rashford has a hockey card collection that in part started as a child, when his parents would buy him a pack of McDonalds hockey cards each and every time they went to grab their coffee.  They would store these up and then at Christmas put the mass of packs in his stocking for Christmas morning.  Now, and thanks to the pandemic, the collection restarted as a fun thing to do while being stuck at home.  The collection is pretty simple and focused and revolves around Colorado Avalanche Rookie Cards (specifically Young Guns / Young Guns Canvas / Canvas Program of Excellence) while also have some Ice Premier's of the Avalanche as well.  It has been fun, met some great people while putting the set together, but given the way the card market has gone since the beginning of the pandemic, has slowed down due to the ever increasing costs.

Either way, it has been quite fun to put together and should be fun to eventually display some day in the future

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Hockey prompt

I'm not a super crazy collector, but I have a few different hockey-related items in my collections. One is a small jersey collection. While the majority of them are NHL jerseys, there also some IIHF/WCH jerseys and some from different leagues (Liiga, KHL, DEL/DEL2). Among the NHL jerseys some are actually relatively rare (and have names like the Mustard Cat, Fisherman, Burger King, Pooh Bear and so on – they’re also relatively ugly and mostly alternate designs). A lot of them are blank, but I have some player jerseys too and most of them are goalies. I have five Pekka Rinne jerseys; you could almost guess who my favorite player is. Then I have some bobble heads and some pucks. Two are signed. The one most special to me is a 2016 NHL All-Star Game puck that a friend of mine got signed for me by the four All-Star players Nashville had back then.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PBE PT Afilliate
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 11:10 AM by artermis.)

CREATIVE PROMPT

Everybody loves retros and brining back dead franchises in moments like these (looking at you Hartford Whalers/Carolina Hurricanes), so for San Francisco the choice seems obvious to me: brining back the Portland Admirals on designated game nights.

[Image: jZ0qI62.png]

Perhaps these could be worn in games against Seattle (for geographic reasons) and in games against the Rage or North Stars, as those as the two teams that eliminated Portland in he playoffs in Portland's only two appearances, however both times making the finals and forcing game 6 and game 7 in these case, respectively. But also, retros are usually just hype jerseys, so they can worn any night and are sure to be a big hit.

Of course this could work, but having Czech jerseys would be fantastic as well and would be Petr's first suggestion. The marketing department keeps saying no though, I don't know why they keep  coming back to Petr when they know what he'll say.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I don't not have that many collectibles but I do have a bunch of hockey cards that some day may be worth money or some that could be worth money, but I have not really looked at them or could not really care that much about. The last thing I bought was a Jack Eichel jersey and then he got traded so that is how that is going. We do have a PK Subban Montreal signed jersey and Dale Weise Montreal signed jersey because my parents are friends with Dale Weise's parents. Overall, I am not a big collectables person really. Back in the day I used to have quite a few of those figurines of players like the ones you can get from Walmart. I used to have shelves of them and now they are all mostly gone, although I still have a Ryan Miller Buffalo Sabres one with Ryan Miller in the slug jersey. Overall, I like to see collectables in the wild, but do not really care for them much in my own place.

178 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Creative Prompt: 

For Winnipeg's limited edition jersey, we are going reverse retro! Winnipeg has been in the league since season 1, mostly as the Jets. Since this year is the 10th anniversary of changing to the Aurora, we will unveil a nice retro Jets jersey. The Jets were blue with Red, so this reverse retro jersey is going to be a nice bright red with blue highlights. I'm thinking a 70s look with blue streams across the front of the jersey. On each players' jersey, there will be a retro player's name stitched across the shoulder of the player that wore that jersey as the Jets. The numbers and extra stitches will be the blue in the highlight so the only red thing will be the background color. As part of the reverse retro theme, the team will go with blue socks and gloves with red pants. They will be a colorful mess skating across the ice during the game. 

(158 WC)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Videl's Hand-Drawn Pride Jersey
[Image: VidelsPrideJersey.png]

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

Hockey Prompt

Hi all, i guess it is time for another point task. This time we need to talk a bit about ourselves in relation with collecting hockey cards and perhaps other hockey memorabilia. Well to start off i have to make a big confession. I am a huge addict when it comes to collecting hockey cards. Well actually only in my dreams… Unfortunately in my country, hockey is a small sport and hockey cards are extremely hard to get. I wish i could buy them way more easily and relive the good moments i had with collecting soccer panini sticker cards in my childhood. I remember vividly collecting cards from euro 88 and wc 90. Buying them from the local cigarettes shop and trading duplicates with my brothers and other kids from my neigherborhood. Those were good times and my hunger for collecting cards still exists, but the prices stills my appetite a bit.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Creative prompt: The Winnipeg Aurora special edition jersey is going to be a very cute one with the Aurora's mascot, Stardust on it. It's going to be worn on Stardust Nights at the arena, which are three fully themed promotional nights where they do fundraisers for underprivileged kids to have educational opportunities in science, tech, engineering, and math, to encourage all kids to reach for the stars and all that. The jersey itself is solid black with some shiny silver thread overlays - circuit board type looking pattern on the bottom, up to a night sky full of stars up on the shoulders. And on the front, of course, is Stardust, looking very cute and excited about helping kids. The jerseys would be sold at the same price as a normal jersey, but the proceeds would all go to the Stardust Foundation which is the non-profit started by the team to give scholarships to those kids in need (whether it's for traveling to academic competitions or just need-based academic scholarships for attending a school).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
HOCKEY PROMPT- This one is a chance to talk about yourself, user! That's right, you! I know a lot of people here are in to hockey cards and other hockey memorabilia, so I want to hear about your collections!

Written Task:  Tell me about any hockey related collectibles or items that you have! This can include your SHL card collection! Do you have any specific cards you like? Maybe an autograph or a jersey that's special to you?
When did you get into collecting these things or when did you get the thing you care about? Why is it special to you? (150+ words)

I used to collect a lot more when I was younger. My most prized collectible at this point would probably be my signed Patrick Roy jersey. Roy was my idol growing up and the reason I started playing hockey. I will argue until I am blue in the face that he is the greatest goalie of all time. I also have mini goalie helmets from every NHL team, including teams like the Nordiques and Whalers. I collected all of those when I was younger and have kept them all these years. I never got into the SHL trading cards, but I have books and books of old hockey and baseball cards. I am not sure any of them are valuable, but I have thousands that I will give to my son when he is old enough. Maybe by then one of them will have some kind of value. I wish had some more cool things, but that is what I have.

161 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Miguel Hefeweizen has lots of ideas. Really good ideas if you ask him. He likes to share all of these ideas with others and sometimes they become quite annoyed with him because they don't care or have become annoyed with him for not shutting up. Their loss for not hearing his great ideas! So when the marketing team asked for a player ambassador to help them with marketing stuff, all heads turned to look at Miguel. Perhaps they could channel his 'good' ideas into something productive. So Miguel was selected to, and more than happy, to be the player ambassador for the marketing team. One of the first projects they asked for help was designing a San Francisco Pride limited edition jersey. For charity night the team has chosen to support the San Francisco Zoo and so Miguel collaborated with them to design a jersey that featured more than just the SFP lion, but a giraffe and a gorilla as well. The jerseys were a hit and also Miguel has someone to listen to his ideas!
177 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Oh man, I'm pretty big into collecting hockey cards (those in the Discord with me understand). I collected a WHOLE lot when I was a kid, then ended up getting rid of them all (selling) around 10 years ago or so. Recently got back into it pretty big though, and my main collection is Sean Couturier cards numbered to /100 or less... he's just my favorite player outside of the obvious choices for the Flyers. I have some pretty expensive cards of his, but I think the most impressive ones I have are his Cup RPA collection (the /99, /14, and /5 versions). Only missing one or two cards from that set, and each one is worth a few hundred dollars. Also got my hands on a Bobby Orr autograph numbered to /49 a couple of years ago, so he's in my collection too. Also have some mid-high end Carter Hart, Joel Farabee, Ivan Provorov, etc.. just laying around and not part of my personal collection of Coots.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

PBE CW

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 06:21 PM by TonyW19. Edited 1 time in total.)

St. Pats start up jersey in the NOSHO league or something idk.

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]