Create Account

S67 PT #5: A Nice Big Bonus Cheque Due: October 23rd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative Prompt:
With that cheque, I can finally afford a 1 bedroom loft apartment in Chicago.
[Image: 0JOn8Se.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

After turning a few tricks this season, and reaching some end of season milestones in a season that was below average for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Dwight found himself netting a $750k end of season bonus that Dwight was not expecting so he had everything else in his life set aside. All the bills were paid, retirement was funded, family was taken care of. So Dwight Knight felt no remorse splurging on stupid things. First off he ended up getting 300 gallons worth of jello to fill up a pool. It was one of the weird things in life that Dwight had always wondered how the heck does it feel to just be held up by jello. It only cost him nine hundred dollars to fill up a seven foot by seven foot by twenty-one inch pool. and that just did not give him the feeling that he wanted. so he ended up filling up a seven foot cubic space to see how that was and it was funky. That only cost Dwight  $3,600 in jello costs with the remaining $746,400. Dwight stuffed it under his mattress for a rainy day.

[193 words]

Player Prompt: Makrus is happy with his bonus but can’t wait to negotiate next years big payout. Makrus is ready to make big demands. Makrus is well aware he scored 46 goals this season. not only does that number tie him for 5th place among all players this season but it also grants him the record of most goals scored in a single season for New England. Holding a team record from a longstanding franchise is sure to make management take notice. If that wasn’t enough to get their attention Makrus can bring up his 88 points this season. This earned him another franchise record. Surpassing the previous record of 82 points set all the way back in season 11. Makrus knows they will bring up his 30 PIM like it is a bad thing but Makrus knows the refs have it out for him. With some smooth talking Makrus knows he can talk next years bonus into $100 instead of $50

[Image: qm0v49d.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2022, 05:18 AM by academydropout.)

ISFL Affiliate
(ISFL: 37thchamber)

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Code:
Written Task: What do you do with you $750k end-of-season bonus? Buy stuff? Like a fancy new car or an indoor pool? Donate it? What kind of charity would you be looking for? Does your player have their own foundation? If so what does it do? Tell me what you plan to do with the money! (150+ words)

The offseason end-of-season bonus is Kawashima moment to splurg a bit. His contract money goes straight into his savings account, but these bonuses are perfect to look around the house and think of what might need an upgrade. The big thing is Kawashima gets to throw down some money for new Magic The Gathering cards. He might invest in a new commander deck or chase after some expensive promotional cards. Kawashima is also a sponsor for the local game stores in Winnipeg. Making sure that they can keep on running and have access to the things they need.

Further, Kawashima is big supporter of local charities, charities surrounding schooling and school supplies for kids, various shelters and wild life persevation in the area. Kawashima always tries to help out where he can and help with charity drives.

Finally, Kawashima will be making a big improvement in the bedroom. A new mattress which will hopefully imrpove with some of the trouble Kawashima has been having with sleeping and the back pains.

[170 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

The best thing to do with a year end bonus check is pretty much the best thing to do with any extra money. That puppy is going right in the bank and then I’ll be taking it straight to the stock market to buy some index funds. Historical 10% returns isn’t something that can be beat. And, when we are talking about $750,000, it won’t be long before that quarter of a million is 2 or 3 or 5 million dollars when reinvesting the gains.

That is generational wealth for my future family and I’m never going to take that for granted. It may not be the fun, exciting or sexy thing to do, but it is a decision for the future assuming I have everything I need today. Saving today will create a great big beautiful tomorrow for me and my family when I am retired from the game of hockey and that’s what it is all about.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

creative

Such a bonus would certainly be good for my future development, as training costs have to be paid for, which is quite an ordeal for a young goalkeeper whose value may not yet be at such a high level. I would certainly dedicate some of the amount to hiring personal trainers to be able to prepare myself much better for next season because it promises to be exhausting and with a lot of responsibility. I would certainly like to donate some of it to a charity, specifically to an account of young hockey players, so that they can buy equipment for children who want to play hockey, but their financial situation does not. It would certainly be two things I'd like to fill to be a little happier in my daily life. You might also buy something for yourself, but it's already second-rate. Money has not brought happiness to me unless it can be invested in self-cognizing and perfecting.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Creative Prompt

My home back in Switzerland is already paid off from my first rookie bonus and I rent an apartment in Toronto, which, yikes at those prices, so I will be using this money to give back. I always take 10% of whatever hits my account and put it in savings but the rest is going to the kids. I am going to invest in the future and that means investing in the youth. Seventy-five percent of the money will go toward buying school supplies, clothes, and food for the most underprivileged children. I want to make sure they are fed, clothed, and get an education so they have a shot at having a good life. The other twenty-five percent will go into various sports programs; buying equipment and renting out gymnasiums so that kids can have a chance to be active and have healthy hobbies. It won't fix anything systemically but it's what I can do with 750K and I hope I make a positive impact on some families.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Creative Prompt:

With the season drawing to a close, and Christmas on the horizon, Roddy is faced with a bevvy of choices regarding his seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar bonus. The first thing on his mind is treating his team to a nice dinner to celebrate the successes of the season. He'd likely pick a nice steakhouse or sushi restaurant (hockey boys need to get their protein, after all). 

With a nice meal paid for his team, Roddy would take five hundred thousand of the remaining funds and organize a charity hockey tournament for kids in and around his hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia. He'd pay for everything, donate prizes and match donations to various charities, as well as auction off autographed swag and other novelties, including a chance to attend next seasons Training Camp as the Montreal Patriotes Water Boy/Beverage Attendant. Any money remaining from his bonus would likely go to Christmas presents for his friends and family.

[Image: banes.png]

Written Task:
Brick lives a fairly quiet and quaint life, having decided to buy in a home outside of Great Falls after having played his Junior career there. While he enjoys his time in Montreal, he much prefers the quiet life in the woods. That being said, the contract he gets is now as a professional athlete is more than enough to sustain him and his family for decades to come. Any bonuses or sponsorship money that comes his way, Brick likes to redirect those towards his passion: animals, especially dogs. While he's never been the biggest people person, Brick has always had a love for animals, and loves being able to support them. Brick started an animal sanctuary in Great Falls, called the Brick House Animal Haven, where any and all strays and lost animals can find a safe home. The no-kill shelters helps care for and rehabilitate local pets (and even farm animals and the occasional injured wild animal) until a forever home can be found. You can often find Brick at the Haven during the off-season, but he prefers no pictures, as he isn't doing it for publicity. Helping these animals gives him that little extra motivation to hit those monetary bonus goals.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

Written Creative Prompt - 156 Words
Ah, yes. My performance bonuses. I was very aware that this would come when I signed this contract, as I meticulously track my performance to ensure I am accomplishing the specific contractual goals. $750,000 will be going toward my downtown penthouse in Winnipeg. I am reaching the end of my Junior career, and I have my sights set on success with the Aurora. I will be furnishing it with the highest end Dulocian artifacts. Furniture from my castle, banners adorning my stone walls, sconces with lit torches, and of course, a dungeon. How else would I keep Thelonius around? He really doesn’t enjoy it in Regina, there’s no dungeon in our billet-house. I have a few spots already picked out, and I am working with a realtor in the area. I am prepared to put down $400,000 as a down payment on the house when the time comes. We shall see when it comes to fruition!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Creative Prompt

Tomas has not really a use for the money as he has already gathered a large amount from his 10 years playing professional hockey. The small addition to the bank account is appreciated though and allows for him to even less think about if a purchase or experience is within his means. One thing he has been looking at is buying a house back home in Sweden for his eventual retirement, and considering the beneficial exchange rate between dollars and Swedish kronor, this money could cover more than enough of a down-payment. There were many houses on the market around the villages where he grew up, Tomas doesn't need a fancy mansion or something, so this money will come very much in handy. There was one particular sous-terrain house that was very close to his parents that he had been eyeing, and once he cashed this cheque, the next call was to the realtor to make an offer.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

There are several options Hodor is considering for his bonus:
- he could buy some high quality speech therapy and possibly learn a second word: hoe-door
- he could buy 7.5 packs of trading cards (god damn those are expensive)
- he could save up for 1 week's worth of training
- he could use it as justification to take a break from Twitter for 2 weeks (comes with mental health rejuvenation perks)
- he could send the money home to aid in the defense of winterfell
- he could buy 1 pair of custom skates that actually fit him
- he could pay off the Zamboni driver at the next few rinks he plays at to infuse the ice at the net with an allergen the opponent goalie is particularly susceptible to

In all likelihood there are so many ideas that he'll probably do a little bit of all of them and not get a whole lot done. Tis the way of Hodor.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

$750,000 is a very sizable bonus that Nibbles is very happy to get his little paws on. The first thing he would do is start to get ready for winter. As you know squirrels are not the most active once the snow starts to roll in so, he needs to make sure that he has plenty of food to make sure he does not really have to go out this winter. So yeah the first thing he would do is buy an obscene amount of peanut butter because that is his favorite food. He would also like to upgrade his living arrangements as the oak tree just is not quite warm enough. Perhaps he would look at getting an apartment with one of his teammates. That is as long as it is not on the first floor. Finally, he would spend that bonus on getting a brand new wardrobe. All of those things are what Nibbles really wants to have with that bonus.

Code:
163 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Getting 750k as an end of season bonus would be sick for Meowski. Being a cat and having many cat friends, he needs to make sure they are all houses. I Would probably put that money to a housing development fund for a place for all of his cat friends to live. He most likely would be an apartment building. In that building there would be all kinds of mini cat apartments. Some would be adoption and some would be more permanent residents. The worst part for this housing development fund would actually be the cleaning and maintenance. Because of cats needing to have their litter box changed. Meowski would need to find a house cleaning service that specialized in feline care. Besides cleaning he also would need to make sure there was security detail. If there is a cat paying rent and who is a permanent resident, he would need to put money to make sure that the cat wasn't kidnapped or in this case catnapped. Meowski would try to think of everything and put that money towards it

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]