Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 11:03 AM by hotdog. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Well it wound up not working for us this season, as we got eliminated in the second round in game seven vs the manhattan rage, but our superstition has been around since last season when it won us a cup. it centers around budding star forward Shoyo Hinata. During last season, whenever shoyo hinata would score a goal several players on the team started getting very excited and screaming "shoyo nuts!!!!" is this exclamation slightly racist as it makes fun of a name from another culture? perhaps, but who's to say! anyway, the phrase caught on and everyone loves when shoyo shows his nuts - thus the superstition was born: before leaving the locker room for the start of the game, shoyo hinata pulls out his scrotum and nuts and everyone walks by on their way out of the room and takes a precise glance at shoyo's sack. he is the one who started pulling it out and showing it off so it is completely consensual on all sides. shoyo nuts! @Gordon Bombay

cw pass for the rest

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:37 PM by efischermann. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Fisch

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

The amount of work that Tig did during the offseason to turn our team into a juggernaut should not be overlooked. While FHM appeared to overlook how dominant we should have been, internally we definitely did not. The offensive additions made this team one of the best assembled in the SHL, and there was no doubt internally that we would be back here this season.

65 words

Code:
b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

I have to credit (although hockey is as team of a team sport comes) my old teammate in Vancouver Sven Svechnikov. I absolutely love Sven, and beating him in this series is very sweet and sour.  He is a close friend, so beating him, while that would mean I get my first championship, it also means beating one of my closest friends in this league. Sven is one of the good ones, and I am so happy for him that he made the finals in a much deserved well breakout season.

91 words

Code:
c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

The extra rest I would say really helps a veteran team like Seattle. After being here last season, being able to get that extra rest should really serve the Argos in what could be a long series. Being the top seed also helps, meaning home ice advantage which is a big deal in Seattle.

54 words

Code:
d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

The thought is that luck would favor the lesser team, my thought is the luck will be running out for the Rage. There is no way this can last for four rounds. Seattle is the better team, and both are just as hot. To me, that would mean they will both cool down, but the cream will rise to the top.

61 words

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

I share a room on the road with my GM and D partner Tig. We get in incredible arguments about the NHL, but it’s always in good fun and always respectable. Tig is a very close friend, so sharing a room with him is very easy. The nicest part is there is not a lot of ‘tie on the door’ situations with Tig. We usually hit the bars together, so we aren’t waking each other up, or keeping the other one up late at night against the other ones will. There are a ton of movies, watched. We are both Marvel Cinematic Universe lovers so there is a lot of those movies watched in our room and heavily debated as to which one is the best. It is always a friendly debate, but that is the best part of it. All of that time together makes us better friends, teammates and defensive partners.

153 words

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

The strangest thing I have seen in my long career is the idea of not washing your jock. It is a disgusting superstition, as the entire locker room just smells like old jock. It is a ridiculous idea, even though I am very superstitious. I do not however prescribe to a superstition that affects others in the locker room. I can say that a smelly room in fact does affect the room, however I do believe that the Argos are a strong enough team to overcome this kind of disadvantage. A smelly jock is also just plain and simple unsanitary. You have to love hockey though. It is incredible the superstitions that some of the best players NEED to do just to think that will make them play at the top of their game. They are incredibly skilled, however they think they need to tape their stick a certain way, or get dressed a certain way, and that is what makes hockey such an incredible sport.

166 words

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestone Claim

16/16

[Image: m59RPb7.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Armada GM Pass

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 06:57 AM by Salming. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borje

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

Well, of course acquiring to elite centers Lilja and Mihailov helped the team to achieve finals again. Last season number one center was young Max Manning and now he plays on the third line as a winger so team is much deeper now in the attack. But above all, quality coaching year after year is also crucial even though ice-hockey is players' game but it is also coaches' game.

Words: 69

During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

William Salming has shared a room with many guys during his career in Seattle. At the beginning, he shared a room with another rookie from same draft class 56, Vaseline Podcalzone. They spend whole first year as roommates and developed chemistry also on off-ice. After that, they were separated and put same rooms with another veteran players which switched after couple of weeks so there were not any regular room mates. However, because Salming is nowadays one of the oldest veterans in the team like is Podcalzone too, they get private rooms on road trips and don't have to share them with others. It is a luxury thing for sure and Salming is grateful for ownership to have enough money to give some of the players own hotel rooms. But when Salming was a room mate, he was a quiet guy who normally read a book and played PS4 games and went sleep early to prepare himself for next day's tough road game. Nowadays he does the same but alone in own room.

Words: 170

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - S67 Milestones

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate IIHF event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Sweden and Norway dominated round robin last year and I expect them to have now more success in the playoffs too. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising season after season even though last year they were a disappointment placing 13th in round robin but on the other hand success of other rising hockey nation Switzerland was a positive surprise. Germany is lead in the attack by Steve Harrington who is a good hockey player as are defenders Jonas Kahnwald, Kermit Murphy and Dee Centerman IV. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will again strong this year and defend its gold medal because goalie tandem Smith-Carpet is elite. They are ready to win again like on season 62 and S64 and S66. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a spot in the finals.

16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

The most important history moment in Finnish ice-hockey is the moment when they won gold medal at the 1995 World Championships in Sweden. From that moment on, hockey has been number one sport in the country and 2M people follow hockey games in the spring. Every year. It is a big carneval year after year. Some hockey nerds don't like it but for random people spring is the only time they watch ice-hockey. It is a cultural thing to follow hockey in Finland every May. There is also legendary sport commentator named Antero Mertaranta who always commentates about Finland's matches and people love to listen to his humor. So yeah, that year 1995 is historic in Finnish sports history overally. Of course, last Winter Olympics in Beijing were also nice because Finland won its first Olympic Gold Medal in any team sport when they beat Russia 2-1 in the final. Golden goal was scored by Hannes Björninen, 4th line center. His line was good in that game.

Word: 166

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 10:40 AM by Ronniewalker. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:

Verfication: Burp!

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

Given my time here starting around season 55, this one is easy - it’s the Baltimore Platoon in the first half of the 60’s. Regular season juggernauts boasting I think multiple top scorers over many seasons from the unforgettable on and off-ice presence of Karl Krashwagen and his would-be successor Daniil Nikiforov to the even-keeled Ethan Duncan, not to mention one of the best goaltenders to ever grace the league with their presence in Luca Del Vecchio. That team was widely considered to be a prime contender for the Challenge Cup for many years, but somehow always managed to underperform their expectations come playoff time. When time came for their one-time superstars to start packing in their gear and careers it was truly sad to see them have to do it without even getting their names engraved on the most coveted silverware in the sim hockey world. Greatness unfulfilled - thy name is Baltimore Platoon. (155 words)

Code:

When on the road with the Forge, Lemo shares a room with Forge goalie Scoochie Stratton. Already old friends from their juniors days with the Anchorage Armada, they are into much the same kind of stuff and get along well and have even gotten into the habit of bringing along Lemo’s bass guitar and a small amplifier and Scoochie’s saxophone for a funky hotel room jam every once in a while. Othertimes Lemo likes to spend his time reading books or managing his virtual hockey teams or other stuff on some online game sites or just read the news. Sometimes they also watch movies together, whether simply in the hotel room TV or why not also some local movie theatre. Or if possible they could catch a music performance at a nearby venue.We also have plenty of those guys who carry their game consoles along and then Lemo sometimes also joins in on that fun in the neighboring rooms. (159 words)

Code:

+3 TPE - S67 milestones - Lemo Pihl W

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Make Their Day
Every team’s social media department loves it when a player tosses something to a kid or poses for a photo during warm-ups! Show me your player making some kid’s day before a game!

[Image: 1LvBkIf.jpg]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!
As a community outreach opportunity, your player was asked to assist the weather reporter on their big cool green screen for the day! Show me your player helping with the weather report. Do they screw it up, or did they do a great job?

[Image: L09DcoY.jpg]

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Anchorage gm pass my guy

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

CW pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

CW Pass

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

I get a CW pass because I wrote it but I don't think GMs should get one they're lazy.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ef0174&is=66edaff4&hm=69...e3ef77306&]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 10:58 AM by Aneeqs. Edited 2 times in total.)

Verification word:
Mr.Zopf

3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

The song of the S67 Playoffs has to be none other than Big Pimpin' by Jay Z and UGK. The song encapsulates what it feels like to make the playoffs. The teams making it to the next stage of the competition are absolutely big pimping and are going to be pushing for the trophy. Also I am a massive simp for some nice horns so this could be such a cool goal sound when they show montages of goals being scored! Also Jay-Z is a very famous musician and producer, so getting them on board with the SHL will bring a much larger crowd and interest the younger generations in the sport. I just see a lot of potential in the horns and whistle sound from the song and think it could make a really good montage song. Imagine listening to the song and you see big hits, big goals, big emotions on the horns bit. I think it would be pretty cool

163 words

So Mr Zopf is a big big fam of traveling to different locations and loves to see the sights and the sounds of new places. Constantly shifting from hotel to hotel does not phase him in the slightest. Mr Zopf tends to share a room with Isaac, from the Colorado Raptors which is pretty nice. It is super calm usually and lowkey, nothing really happens when they are on the road to be quite frank. It is all about locking in and getting ready for the next game. Mr Zopf is the type of person to bring a PS5 wherever they go though. It is a way for Mr Zopf to relax after the game or a tough practice. It just helps him maintain his calmness when it comes to games and ensures that he does not make any mistakes. Mr Zopf is definitely an early riser, but that is more because he has issues sleeping in general so only manages to sleep 4 hours a night

167 Words

6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)

So Mr Zopf has a pertty weird superstition and that revolves around his last name. You see a Zopf is a type of bread and Mr Zopf legally changed his last name as this type of bread is one of the things that makes him the happiest in the world. He loves this type of bread so much that he changed his last name and whenever he gets a weird feeling like the team might drop a game, Mr Zopf goes out of his way to make this bread. However, this bread is not just made for himself. Mr Zopf bakes this type of bread for the entire organisation. This includes the kitmen/women, physios, coaches, sponsors, the head office, the players, the assocated teams, literally everyone. You see Mr Zopf believes that love can be found within the bread and there is a sense of calmness that can be achieved when consuming said bread. Therefore the more that people enjoy the bread, the more likely the players will perform better!

171 words

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)

Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Just a couple? Mr Zopf is making a bloody ensemble with the team that he will rock up with. We've got some absolute legendary musicians in this league and Mr Zopf will stop at nothing to allow them to get the exposure that they truly deserve. We must begin with the lead guitaris. That is none other than Carly Ray Jetson! She is electric on the field and electric off of it! The rapper of the group has to be Isaac Forty One, the man is so eloquent with his word choice that he only needs a beat! Speaking of needing a beat, Toxic Neutrality on the drums in a no brainer. Really gives them the chance to take out all their toxic neutrality onto the drumset! Then it leaves my favourite section of the band! The horn section! Aksel Fiske, Mr Zopf, Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson and Evgeni Petrov. Each member specialises in a specifc brass instrument and it is absolutely magical once they come together. The type of music is varied. Each member brings in their own style and pazazz to the group that they can flawlessy swap genres on the fly. We also cannot forget my guy Vaseline Podcalzone on the mixing deck! Absolute legends the lot of them.

210 words

23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)

I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

I've got a lot of people to thank here! So I just want to start it off with @C9Van for introducing me to sim leagues, you're bloody fantastic and I'm glad we got the chance to meet each other pal. Shoutout to @pauadrian my guy always shit talks me but fair dues to him, he can also take it back. Love chatting absolute shite with you my dude, always fun to be around. @mer is an absolutely lovely lovely person who has been nothing but kind and lovely to me and offering to help me when I first joined the SHL, means a lot to me pal. @Skolpaddor is an incredibly hard worker and always puts their all into everything she does. It is inspiring and I'm glad I can call them a friend and they are super kind to me and I appreciate them. @Evok Ebok is life and super super kind. Always down to stick up for me and I appreciate it. @RenoJacksonHS is an absolute legend and always looking out for others. They're a hero! @sarah is super dependable and always down to meme, always a good time when hanging out with sarah. @bdu754 My guy is the Vins expert and always got the right vibes for a fantastic dj night. Glad to see you still around my guy. @Punk42AE is the goat and I love chatting with them. Punk puts in the work and deserves the absolute world. Always so kind and always blessing us with boot pics. @unconfident69 is an absolute g and I love hanging out with them. They're a dumbass like me and the vibes are always immaculate when they're around 

I also need to shoutout my GMs @Jumbobone19 and @Ruggsy Thanks for taking a shot on me and bringing me into the Raptors. I've loved being here and I hope we can get some silverware before Jumbo ends their tenure at the Raps. It's Basedminkus for life. Thank you lot for being awesome and super helpful.

Everyone I named has an absolute heart of gold and I'm so proud to be able to say I know them :D Sorry for tagging all of you though, but I felt it was the nice thing to do :D
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 10:46 AM by Z0REM. Edited 1 time in total.)

1.Chill

2a.It comes to no surprise that Seattle did well this season. They were buying assets like it was no ones business and it was enough that I banked on them for fantasy. When I watched their regular season fail to secure #1 spot I was worried that Seattle had paid for the wrong players. They paid for a lot of LAP's best players that were consistently performing but it was the acquisition of Luukas Lilja that is probably defining their run right now.
2b.Look at that PDO! Everyone on Manhattan is playing out of their minds gunning for that win. They have taken down giants and it is fair to say that its a combination effort. The first line is absolutely crushing it off the back of Lev Lebedev who has scored 20 goals this post-season. Will they be able to push on through the Seattle train that has finally come to the station though.
2c. If player fatigue was real then I would say that the extra 4 games probably would mean something, but this is the SHL and we do not actually factor in fatigue when you hit the right stamina. If anything, the players have had more time to mesh even if neither team made a trade deadline acquisition to help bolster their runs. So it is hard to say if the extra games are hurting or helping.
2d. I am giving this one to Manhattan. The miracle run, the players putting their bodies on the line, and a first line that just won't quit. Their PDO is just a little higher so the pucks are bouncing their way. The hold up here is that all of Seattle is playing a tight defensive game where we see less goals allowed per game. If Manhattan can unlock some extra defensive prowess we could see them eek out their wins by 1 or 2 goals even. I expect a close series.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

I choose Settle for Nothing by Rage Against the Machine. While Rage is usually a political machine bent on breaking down the man. Their songs really capture the essence of never back down and keep fighting until you win what you want. While it is not a huge banger that makes people want to get up and dance. What it does is make people want to get up and bang the walls, look for ways to win, and generally never back down. It is hard to pick a song for the entire playoffs right now because were looking at hindsight. Who would have thought that Manhattan was going to go on a tear and get back to their first finals since S52? While we all thought Seattle would do well, when they did not measure up to expectations people wrote them off. I certainly had Winnipeg making it all the way. Why is this song then the hype song for the entire playoffs. Just look at all the teams that had something to prove that beat teams they had no business in beating. When was the last time Winnipeg was relevant? Everyone wants the cup and they were here to win.

Who has time to explore a city when you are on the road looking to win games? When Seamus is back home after a game it is back to the usual routine of beer, beef, and bangers. That being said, while he was on the Nevada team, he would usually share a room with his linemate Chad Nickelback because the two of them had a certain undeniable bond that linemates grow into. They always brought a little basketball hoop with them and would have fun kicking back beers and then doing insane shots passing back and forth before someone making the shot. It was not uncommon for the two of them to try different things blindfolded or with some impairment that would make them have to guess where the other was. After Seamus had his record season in S66 it was a sad day when Chad was called up to the majors, but now he is celebrating seeing his friend back in the playoffs. Today's friends are tomorrow's frienemies so this is the last chance Seamus can feel good about the Rage before they to must fall to the wolfpack resurging.

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3279751

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Task 1

Verification

Task 2

a. I think you really have to look at the move with LAP bringing in both Jimmy Wagner and Jonas Kahnwald. Anytime you bring in players of that caliber, you’re immediately making your team better. Adding these two to an already good lineup makes Seattle a nightmare to play against, which is huge to their success.
b. I know it’s the easy way out, but just look at Lev Lebedev. At the time of writing this he has 20 goals in 22 games, which is completely absurd. In addition to that, he has 19 assists. He is playing absolutely incredible, even defensively. Anytime you can get contributions like that from your top producers, you always have a chance to win.
c. 4 more games shouldn’t make that big of a difference. To be honest, the playoffs are grueling anyway, so those extra games really shouldn’t impact their play. The way they’re rolling, I’m sure they’re happy to be getting games in consistently, as it has yet to hinder their performance. I don’t believe the loser of this series will be decided on fatigue.
d. I think on paper it’s easy to say Seattle, but looking at the numbers, Manhattan has been getting production from so many players, they have 5 players in the top 10 in playoff points, with a 6th sitting at 11th. That being said, I think Seattle is tighter defensively, which should give them the goaltending edge, so it will be interesting to see the two collide.

Task 3

To be quite honest, I wasn’t sure about this one, so I don’t even know how accurate it might fit. However, the song I chose to be the song of the playoffs is Inna – Fire & Ice. Simply put, I looked at the two logos and one is red, one is blue so I immediately thought of hot and cold. It would be a little more fitting if the Challenge Cup Finals were the Atlanta Inferno facing off against the Edmonton Blizzard, but this is what I’m sticking with.

It could also be seen as a representation of opposites. One team putting together their roster to be ready for a deep playoff run and a good chance at a Challenge Cup win, and another team who was not expected to be here, making an impressive Cinderella run to the finals. It may not be perfect, but there are some ways where this red/blue, opposite attracts type of series where the song fits.

Task 5

Axel Kirby shares a room with Adam Prpich. Axel and Adam came into the SMJHL at the same time and got to know each other well. Originally Adam was playing as a goalie, and the goalies usually stick together when on the road, but when he decided to make the switch to become a C in the league, the goalies stayed together and we decided to get together and share hotel rooms on the road.

For Axel, he’s much more of a homebody than one who likes to go out, so he typically prefers to stay in rather than go out. However, he still enjoys going out to dinner with his teammates when on the road. When his teammates go out, he’ll usually hang out with them for a bit and then head back earlier than the younger guys. The young guys always have the energy and they always want to go out and stay out super late, which just doesn’t do it for Axel.

Task 6

Seeing as my player’s last name is Kirby, his strange superstition is to bring around a big Kirby plush figure. He has tons of them at home, but when there’s a win streak, or good things are happening for the team, Axel Kirby keeps bringing the same Kirby plush figure with him. When that streak is broken, Axel will swap out that Kirby plush with a different one and see if that changes the luck. It’s a little unorthodox, but his teammates are used to him having these little plush Kirbys with him.

Axel has also been known to have some smaller ones, which he sometimes brings behind the bench and places near his water bottle. When things get a little crazy and he really needs to break out of a slump, he’ll wear Kirby socks during a game in hopes of having that really drive home the superstition. It’s a little bit wacky, but it does the job (or so he thinks).

Task 7

S67 Milestones

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Calgary GM Pass

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

HO PASS

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]