Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 02:15 PM by leviadan. Edited 3 times in total.)

Argonauts Argonauts Argonauts Argonauts Argonauts vs.  Rage Rage Rage Rage Rage
Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6TH at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK
Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Make Their Day
Every team’s social media department loves it when a player tosses something to a kid or poses for a photo during warm-ups! Show me your player making some kid’s day before a game!

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion
Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full designer getup? Something else entirely?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Biased
Before this season’s hockey cards got printed you were able to get your hands on your own cards design! Time to make a few… favourable changes. Depict what your player’s hockey card would look like AFTER your player was able to make any changes they wanted. What totally real stats do you include? What 100% true facts do you print on it?

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!
As a community outreach opportunity, your player was asked to assist the weather reporter on their big cool green screen for the day! Show me your player helping with the weather report. Do they screw it up, or did they do a great job?

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season 
It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a grubby little monster?

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S67 Challenge Cup series
-The S67 Four Star Cup series
-An S67 IIHF preview
-A Breakdown of how your favorite hockey team’s season has started off

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Nu Metals (150 words min.)
Gold, silver, and bronze are old news! Also we’re running out of them in the simulated world so we can’t be wasting it all on simulated medals! Choose new metals to be used for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at this year's tournament, and tell me why you chose them.

Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

Once again this is due SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6TH at 11:59pm PST.

I hope everyone had another great season. Looking forward to S68!  Heart

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2022, 07:00 PM by SFresh3. Edited 2 times in total.)

3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 16 TPE
1 + 7 + 8 + 10 + 13 + 21

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3 Milestone TPE

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Make Their Day

Every team’s social media department loves it when a player tosses something to a kid or poses for a photo during warm-ups! Show me your player making some kid’s day before a game!
[Image: qsUpUsh.jpg]

Quote:10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Biased

Before this season’s hockey cards got printed you were able to get your hands on your own cards design! Time to make a few… favourable changes. Depict what your player’s hockey card would look like AFTER your player was able to make any changes they wanted. What totally real stats do you include? What 100% true facts do you print on it?
[Image: oiheZBG.jpg]

Quote:13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!
@Citizen of Adraa and @Canadice I think I figured out how you lost the Cup Series through crAIyon.
[Image: ym1wq1L.png]

Quote:21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)

Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!
[Image: KczMDpa.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

SEA/MAN FINALS BABY--GM CW PASS

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

GM CW PASS

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Argonauts GM pass

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

J GM CW Pass gimme tpe

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

SHL GM CW PASS

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

GM pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

PH

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

SMJHL GM CW PASS

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Texas GM CW Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]