Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word - Socks

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones - 2 TPE

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: 35broks.gif]

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]

[Image: aRCIyeu.png]

CW pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 06:22 PM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion
Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full designer getup? Something else entirely?

Link

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!
As a community outreach opportunity, your player was asked to assist the weather reporter on their big cool green screen for the day! Show me your player helping with the weather report. Do they screw it up, or did they do a great job?

Link

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season
It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a grubby little monster?

Link

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Link

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

Link

16/16 TPE

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 08:12 PM by Cyclo. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: 3for3

+3 TPE - Link Here

4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

Poor Regina elk, where do I start, it all started last season. Don Juan and his second line was on fire and the bully line was bullying alright, the season after the elk had a great draft picking up some good players and assets. it was looking like it could be a cup run season for them. so, what happened, well they got very very unlucky. you could really tell how much the elk wanted this cup and it really is a shame we couldn't bring it home for the (Reginans?) Fans from Regina. the team was heartbroken when we went from being up 4-1 to losing 4-5 in game 5 to then losing game 6. Taking a early exit and huge upset. this was devastating to the franchise and who knows what's in store next for the elk. The elk could very well do good again next season or go into rebuild. I guess we will never know. -159 words

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! https://www.craiyon.com/

+1 TPE - Link

[Image: Don-Juan.png]
Don Juan S65 shl draftee, Tampa Bay Barracuda. Regina Elk send down.

Quote:1c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

The extra hockey absolutely will affect them. I know this for sure. Not because I have some knowledge of the sim or some high IQ for the game. I primarily know this because the series is over and Seattle has won the cup. So quite clearly it did have an effect since they ended up losing in the end.

[ 59 words ] - 1 TPE

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

In my opinion the best SHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup is obviously the Winnipeg Aurora, duh! We had an excellent season and a pretty good playoff run until the dreaded FHM engine decided otherwise. We faced the underdog Edmonton Blizzard and melted them in 5 games. The series featured two different games where the winning team scored 10 or more goals. Defense was not seen the entire series until Winnipeg's showed up in game 5 to shut the door and win by shutout.

The second round found us facing the New Orleans Spectre who have always seemed to trouble the Aurora during the regular season. We were prepared for a long drawn out series of home team wins but we managed to slice right through them winning 4 games in a row to complete the sweep to move onto the conference finals.

Ultimately our fate was sealed when we faced off against the eventual champions the Seattle Argos. We lost the first game in OT and never really recovered. Although we took them to 6 games, we fell short and lost 2 games to 4 to end our chances at a cup for this season.

Was it luck? Was it a hot goalie? Was it inexperience? I can't say for certain. Only thing I know is that we'll be back better than ever next season to try again!

[ 231 words ] - 3 TPE

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Does luck exist? Spack Jarrow is positive that it does and that there are actually two different kinds of luck. One effects larger life events while the other effects smaller daily events and that these two intertwine. The more of the "big luck" you use eats up a large portion of the "small luck" and vice-versa.

Jarrow noticed this phenomenon when he was "unlucky" in life playing for the Anchorage Armada. The more successful he and the team were doing, the more things went wrong in his daily life. Things like broken skate laces, sticks breaking, screwed up orders at restaurants... However the moment that his SMJHL team would lose, he would be granted with amazing luck with the small things.

Since then, Jarrow has spent a good portion of his life maximizing his "luck". At times he even wills small luck to ensure that his big luck is improved. Choosing the locker next to the bathroom to maximize the chances someone is unlucky and bumps into him. Ordering difficult meals in the hopes that they get it wrong. Buying clothing without trying them on. Anything really that will give him short term frustrations so that his long term life succeeds.

[ 201 words ] - 3 TPE

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

3 Milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3280516

3 TPE

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

Spack Jarrow's home country's hockey is pretty low-key. It is the reason that Jarrow doesn't play under the Caribbean Islands flag because the hockey program there isn't big enough to make it to the international stage. So much of it involves exhibition matches against lower tiered teams in various leagues. Often times the Caribbean men's national team will play against junior players in North America.

Jarrow remembers a time when he was playing as a 10 year old, the team didn't even have jerseys. Players were required to bring their own shirts to the game. So Jarrow had to hunt down a bright green over-sized shirt to wear at the game. The players would put masking tape across the back and write their names in sharpie.

It might sound embarrassing as an adult but Spack remembers fondly about that time in his life. As a kid you aren't aware of those kinds of things. Just getting the chance to play the game is all that you cared about and he got to do that regardless of what he was wearing.

[ 180 words ] - 3 TPE

Quote:17. Written, 3 TPE, Nu Metals (150 words min.)
Gold, silver, and bronze are old news! Also we’re running out of them in the simulated world so we can’t be wasting it all on simulated medals! Choose new metals to be used for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at this year's tournament, and tell me why you chose them.

Creating a brand new system for medals/metals sounds intriguing. Basically this is a theme orientated task so the first decision we will have to make is what "theme" do we want to use?

Since this world is going corporate crazy where essentially it is controlled by corporations, why not let them take over this too. So what we are going to do is put the medals up to the highest bidder. A sort of "sponsorship" if you will for podium placement.

As luck would have it, the amazing (definitely not union busting) Starbucks© has stepped up and will now be the official sponsor for the medals.

Now if a team wins what we use to call the "bronze medal". Instead, the winners will be awarded the "Starbucks Grande©". Of course the presentation of the award on-ice will also include a Starbucks Grande© for every player.

Following that theme, the silver medalists will now be referred to as the "Starbucks Venti©". While the official gold medalists will forever be referred to as the "Starbucks Trenta©".

Isn't this great?!?!

[ 177 words ] - 3 TPE

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 04:51 PM by yosh. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

A. Honestly, Seattle made some critical acquisitions this off-season that have really pushed this team over the hill of being a legitimate cup contender. Acquiring elite defenseman Jonas Kahnwald, along with elite tier forwards in veterans Jimmy Wagner and Luukas LIlja were absolutely huge in transforming the image of the Seattle Argonauts from an almost cinderella run push for the Cup last season to a genuine threat to win it all this season.

WC: 72

B. Manhattan's forward group is a genuine force to be reckoned with. Their entire top six gives off Murderers' Row energy, if anyone is well versed in the lore of a baseball league in some parallel universe where the SHL and PBE do not exist, but are rather replaced by the NHL and MLB. Back on topic though, Lebedev, Lind, Speedwagon, Fiske, Davies, and Harrier have made Manhattan a difficult team to play against solely because of their high octane offensive style of play.

WC: 83

C. I honestly think that while Manhattan might have more buzz and energy from playing more frequently than Seattle, that rest will likely go a long way in giving Seattle the conditioning needed to outplay and outlast the Rage in this series. I mean, that fatigue will run up on these players, even if by some miraculous feature, in this sports universe, injuries are non-existent. Sure, injuries might not be something to worry about, but that fatigue will likely hinder their on-ice performance.

WC: 82

D. Honestly both teams are just playing at a point that has exceeded expectations. I wouldn't describe it as teams necessarily getting lucky, per se. Sure, it might be a way to quantify a select few upsets in the playoffs (Seattle taking down Calgary and Winnipeg, and Manhattan taking down numerous top seeds to get to the finals), but really, both teams do deserve to be here, and I suppose it really depends on which exceeding team just out-exceeds the other, if that makes sense at all?

WC: 86

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

Honestly I don't even know where to start, since there are so many bops in the musical world out there that would make great hype songs. I'm thinking that it has to be relatively short, otherwise it has to get clipped. I mean, even if a song gets clipped, it really is not the end of the world, but it would be cool to have a song in its entirety as the playoff hype song.

One song that I have been an absolute sucker for in the past month or so that I think would really fit the mold of a playoff hype song is Arise by The Seige. It's really fast paced and just gets the people going. So much hype generated from just a bit over 2 minutes of music. I don't think there's anything baller than "I just came here to win / I just came here to end / I just came here to fight", or "Two walked in, but only one of us is walking out of here tonight."

Poetry at its finest.

WC: 176

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

Vaseline Podcalzone in the earlier stages of his career was definitely the type of player to keep it nice and easy on his off-time during the playoffs. After all, it would suck to not unwind from long tedious hours at the rink and watching game film. He definitely would have a fair collection of games to play with his teammates during the season. Games like Warzone, Mario Kart, and the sort would be a hot commodity in those road trip hotel rooms.

However, maybe Podz has gotten out of touch with that old life. Maybe it's just the consequence of becoming fully invested in a legitimate cup run. All you can think about is hockey, and no amount of video games can drive that away. Instead of spending all that time playing hockey, Podz has found himself, in his spare time, watching endless amounts of game film. Even when he does play video games, it's CHEL. Just to try out tactics on a shitty game engine, but if it lets them test run it before practice in the morning, then it's about as productive of a thing as it gets.

WC: 190

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

The Seattle Argonauts have, for this playoff at least, adopted essentially a new battle cry that they shout quite frequently. The new phrase, VAMOS, has become a huge commodity in the locker room, and in the Seattle fandom. I'm talking full on team marketing based off of just the phrase VAMOS. Everywhere you go, everything you see in Seattle, will likely be plastered with that phrase.

Nobody really knows how it started, but at some point before or after a playoff win, someone on the team shouted VAMOS, and it just stuck with everyone. So now, VAMOS has basically become a massive ritual where all of the players get into a huddle in the middle of the locker room, full gear on and everything, and shout a collective VAMOS. Does it work every game? Definitely not. But does it feel like we have that little extra brush of good luck on our side when we do it? Absolutely.

WC: 158

Code:

3 Milestones for 3 TPE

4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Trivia

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3280627

The toughest pill to swallow was my own team not even making the finals. It wasn't just that we seemed destined for a great season with so many electric scorers but we all really wanted to rally Harry Carpet. Carp is the heartbeat of this squad and we all want to win a cup for him so he can rest his weary bones. I was a little nervous going into the season with 3 rookie defenders but after having 2 50 goal scorers and basically 4 100 point players, I really thought the playoffs were going to go our way. We ran into a literal/figurative Brick Wall in the playoffs and our high-scoring antics didn't matter at all. I do not know if next season will be as fun for us but our aim will be to get Carp that coveted Four-Star cup so he can ride off into the sunset as a Champion.

6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)

I am not sure if this would qualify as a superstition but I always feel odd because I don't keep track of the score and I do not check the box score after the game. Even during scrimmages and pick-up games, I have known what the score is; I will be on the bench and someone will ask if we are down 1 or 2 or whatever and I just look at them like a deer in the headlights. I will sometimes see the score when I check to see how much time is left but that is very far and few between. I play each shift like I am down a goal and I will always play until the last whistle is blown. I like to think that this gives me an edge that coaches love to see and it's a part of why I am successful. The coach will always let me know if I need to make any alterations.

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag

a. I think a move that Seattle made that went under the radar was convincing Liam Slate to not retire and come back to the team. Slate is very long in the tooth and their best days might be behind them but they are still a good player and were 3rd in scoring on Seattle's way to victory.

b. I don't know if was Lev Lebedev scoring basically a goal per game or Name Redacted's 37 goals saved above average but Manhatten was kind of a monster team. I think an overlooked player might be Sven Svechnikov who was a phenom on the backend for the Rage. Having 3 big pillars on the ice most of the game is likely why they made the finals.

c. As Seattle has already won, I would have to use my special hindsight ability here. The rest for an older team like Seattle was definitely necessary for success. When you have enough players who have been around the block for long enough you can stay frosty while still catching some rest.

d. Captain Hindsight is here again. I think most often the "best" teams are the ones that go on PDO benders entering the playoffs. I don't think the true best team wins the championship often. It's more of a who is hot right now and who can keep that momentum the longest. I don't know what causes teams to get hot at certain times and if I ever figure it out I will make some money at the books.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 10:02 AM by thedangazone. Edited 6 times in total.)

PHP Code:
7. SMJHL Milestones 
Milestone Claim
  +3

PHP Code:
1. Trivia Verificationtdz 
  +3

PHP Code:
2. Writtenup to 4 TPE Grab BagPick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write aboutEach topic is worth 1 TPEEach answer must be 50words
+4

Code:
a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

I think it is no surprise that Seattle is back especially with the offseason moves they made. The additions of Lilja, Wagner, and Kahnwald all from a rebuilding Los Angeles were huge additions to help them not rely on a hot goalie, which they also happened to get anyways so it was really overkill.
54 words

Code:
b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

I think this shows how random FHM can still be in comparison to old sims, though less easy to be gamed at least. They really got some unbelievable performances from a couple of their forwards though in Lebedev and Lind who were able to really take this team on their back and go for it all, just not enough depth to get it done.
64 words

Code:
c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

I think if it were real life maybe but even then, finals schedules have break days in between for rest. Being FHM though and it's not back to backs in the sim either it makes no difference in my opinion. Seattle was just a deeper team overall and while Manhattan has some good players they can't match all 3 lines that Seattle can put out to dominate.
67 words

Code:
d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

FHM randomness has to be the main thing, especially for a far weaker Manhattan team. Seeing both kind of come back to average in the finals and it was evident that Seattle was the better team not relying on that absolute luck to get it done, other than that lucky goalie of course. In the end though luck can only get you so far and Manhattan was very lucky for a ton of games, it was bound to run out eventually.
81 words

PHP Code:
4. Written3 TPETough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinionwho was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup Four Star CupWho was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it allWhat round did they lose in and howWas it bad luckA hot opposing goalieInexperience
+3

I think the best SMJHL team was hands down Nevada and it was not neccesiarly running into a hot goalie that hurt them from winning but more so the exact opposite, a cold goalie on their own side who refused to update and in the end cost the team a cup. They had 3 full lines of depth to match up against any team in any situation, 3 pairings of defenseman with 1 pairing even being rookies who went far and beyond what was expected and really excelled. It was just a goalie that hurt them and the team was deep enough to pad his stats in the regular season but couldn't prop his stats anymore in the playoffs against some of the better teams in a 7 game series. Had the goalie actually trained at all I think they would have been unbeatable. Maybe next season we can draft a player who updates, could pass the current goalie in TPE in about 2 weeks time.
166 words

PHP Code:
5. Written3 TPEHotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same cityWhether you’re in the playoffs or notwho does your player share a room with on the roadWhat do you get up toAre you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the gameAre you a night owl or an early riser
+3

During the playoffs each of us vets got to choose who our room partner was going to be for Nevada. There were some popular choices fought over between some of the guys especially with our 2 new popular rookies on the blue line, can't blame them. I wanted to get to know some people I didn't spend as much time with at the rink though so I chose to pair with Luke Laraque. I learned a lot of things about him over the past few weeks and I think we definitely bonded over some shared interested and shared issues. Sadly, Laraque won't be in the SMJHL anymore after this season and I would have loved to send him off with a cup but I'm happy to have got to know him. It also worked out because we're both very sporadic with our sleeping so sometimes were night owl moments while others we were out cold early and up early prepping for the day of practice and games.
167 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 10:07 PM by G2019. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:
Code:

SHL Milestones - 3 TPE

Code:
Verification Word: Sconnie 
3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A) When talking Seattle roster changes, how can you not talk about Luukas Lilja?! He scored 107 points the prior season for LAP and then goes to Seattle and has a 101 point season, helping to lead them to a great regular season, and eventually the title. Clearly the biggest impact addition for the Argos this season.

B) Speaking as a member of a team who was a victim of Manhattan, Name Redacted played out of his mind in the playoffs. He finished the playoffs with a GAA of 2.92 and a save percentage of 92.1% to go along with three playoff shutties. There were times it seemed like he'd never let the puck past him, and I feel he kept the Rage in a lot of games down the stretch.

C) It seems that the Rage just ran out of gas, unfortunately. They held a 3-2 series lead before Seattle came back to dominate the last two games and take home the cup, posting a 5-2 win in Game 6 and a resounding 9-1 victory in the pivotal Game 7. I don't know if it was stamina or skill gap in the end, but definitely a tough one for Manhattan to swallow.

D) As I referenced in 'B', Name Redacted played way over their head, while Miller did Miller things, as expected. Eventually, I think the heat of Manhattan couldn't last, and the TPE gap between the two teams showed its head over the course of a seven game series. Major props to Manhattan for their playoff run and near cinderella ending!

(4 TPE)

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: craiyon_091810_montreal_patriotes_win_th...h_beer.png]

(1 TPE)

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

The following people are awesome:
@Arkz
@bdu754
@Crunk
@Drokeep
@Evok
@Faded
@Gage2
@hotdog
@Inf1d3l
@Jabs
@KC15
@lespoils
@mer
@negs77
@overdoo
@platanocat
@qWest
@Raven
@sve7en
@Toast
@unconfident69
@Valpix
@woelker11
@xTri
@yonggarius
@ZootTX
@zaynzk
@yoinkman
@x3rn
@WithTheMoose
@visceralpotamus
@UberBJ
@thevoicelesscreator
@slothfacekilla
@r1c3bowl22
@qwig
@Philliesphan96
@OrbitingDeath
@notorioustig
@Michiganonymous
@Lumosityfan
@KaleSalad
@joshuacorcorantwitch
@ImSatanJunior
@HabsFanFromOntario
@Guriinwoodo
@FleshBagSoup
@ephenssta
@DeadlyPlayer
@Citizen of Adraa
@brickwall35
@ACapitalChicago
@CampinKiller
@Benpachi
@Shylo_Moxii
@BenDover
@NJBadApple
@Rangerjase
@ctots
@Pickle Juice
@thiefofcheese
@Trempale
@Patey
@Jobin
@Mook
@RashfordU
@James Truong
@High Stick King
@Big Newff
@pat
@NTG
@Vik
@Fluw
@Zema
@_Blitz_
@sköldpaddor
@Michiganonymous
@Tylar
@CapnCooper
@Gordon Bombay
@hockeyiscool
@Bfine
@JKortesi81
@MamaB
@SchwarzNarr
@ephenssta
@Tesla

(2 TPE)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

The song for this season's SHL playoffs would be "Peanut Butter Waffles" by Ryan Caraveo. It's a song I'm really vibing to lately, and I was amazed at how well some of the lyrics fit the league/playoffs. For example,

"Nothing means more to me
Than when I hear that you're proud of me
Acting like a kid
Because I never quite learned how to be..."

hit the nail on the head for me. As many of us in this league are adults playing an internet league and trying to make our player/team the best it can be, fighting for some semblance of clout and respect from this virtual community. In bars befitting the up and down nature of playoff series (and FHM itself!), Caraveo raps,

"I know, there's no in between
It's either high, low
You know how to balance but I don't
I wish I could finally just find home."

This resonates as many of us ride the emotional highs and lows of wins and losses as we try to figure out if our teams are good, bad, lucky, unlucky, etc. Really we are all shooting for "finally finding home", aka a championship. Moving right along...

"I'm drinking coffee at 3 a.m.
Playing Battlegrounds and Overwatch
Volume up to fifty
'Cause it get too trippy if it's not
I can hear the fridge buzz
I can hear my thoughts clear
I can hear the room ring
I can hear who's not here"

I know a lot of us are on the site and on Discord at all hours, whether we are chatting with friends, knocking out last minute PTs, or sneaking in that fat update.

All in all, I think this is a song that, while it isn't super hype, is a good vibe and is very fitting for the league, the SHL playoffs, and the sim league community as a whole.

(3 TPE)

16 TPE TOTAL[b][/b]

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 11:42 AM by Legend. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Verification Word: Dragons

Code:
S67 SMJHL Milestones - 3 Claimable

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 04:44 PM by marco999. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Verification Word: kaapo

+3 TPE  3/16

Code:

Code:

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

b) I didn't see Manhattan going to this far before the season started, but I think it's a good look for the league to see teams like that reach the finals, anything can happen now. Lev Lebedev has been on an absolute tear ever since he left Edmonton and I think he's a big reason why Manhattan are in this position.

c) I think Seattle definitely has the advantage because they've played less game than Manhattan. The way hockey is played these days, rest is really important, so of course it's going to be an advantage. It depends how FHM decides to treat it and how high the players stamina are, but in the end I believe it could be a difference maker

+2 TPE  - 5/16

Code:

It's going to sound salty as hell but I don't care. I think the Winnipeg Aurora deserved to win the Challenge Cup this season. We did everything right this season, dominating the competition, with all-around scoring and great play by pretty much everyone on the team. We finished the season on top of the leaderboards with a comfortable cushion on the Western Conference team, but somehow we got bullied by the Seattle Argonauts in the playoffs. FHM decided it was going to FHM the series and that's basically what happened. I'm sure we re-sim the series a hundred times and Seattle would win less than 10% of the time. Of course our team will still be really good next year and we may very well go all the way next season. I'm nearing the end of my useful career and I've never been this dominant, so I feel like my window to be a regular contributor in a Challenge Cup winning team is winding down, so I hope we win one soon.

+3 TPE  8/16

Code:

Link  

+3 TPE  11/16

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

The playoffs didn't go as expected for me, obviously, but I feel like there were more surprised than usual in the playoffs this season. Perhaps the sim engine change is a good thing after all ? Very few had the Montreal Patriotes going this far and even Seattle felt like an outsider. Toronto were mostly chosen to go all the way, but their scoring went way down and got knocked out early and that wasn't something we were seeing in the past, at least ever since I joined the SHL. Yes, the game still feels really random at times, but I think the SHL benefitted from the sim testing ban brought by FHM 8. The live sims suck though and there's something we can do about it....

+2 TPE  13/16

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

It's funny we get this prompt as it's something we've already talked about back when I was in Edmonton and I let them know that I was able to play the keyboards and do some back vocals on certain specific songs, as I don't have a large repertoire. I can also play the triangle sometimes, although not all the time, as it's not a really interesting instrument. BFine could jump in and play the drums as he offered. Spartan offered to play rhythm guitar so of course he's in, the more the merrier. Jimmy Fox could also jump in and help the band. Although in the end, we realised we didn't know the same songs, so we settled on playing different songs on different instruments at the same time, with no vocals. It's either going to sound really bad or we'll look like genuises, there are no inbetween. I thought about doing the graphic, but I think we'd just end up looking like that Pepe meme where they play music.

+3 TPE - 16/16

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 10:02 PM by goilers. Edited 5 times in total.)

(3 TPE) 1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW
Cooper

(2 TPE) 2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I really didn't see this coming with the position the team was in before the playoffs. However, I think they found their groove at the perfect time. One of their top players Lebedev had a great season which carried into playoffs, he really stepped up this season. I think the top line really put it all on the line & had a spectacular goalie help them as well. I think they have more than enough gas to compete. (78 words)

I never know how to answer this question because it can really go both ways. If I had to pick one I think id rather rest then playing all that extra hockey. If players are playing with undisclosed injuries they have time to heal a bit & let the injury rest. I never realized how much more hockey Manhattan played but I'm sure their players are way more tired than Seattle. I think if this series goes to 7 Seattle takes it.  (82 words)

(3 TPE) 5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?
Usually, Greyson Cooper stays with KEKW Kekkonen, both were drafted a season apart to the Buffalo Stampede so they get along pretty well, Kekw is more on the outgoing side so he tends to leave the room quite a bit. However, Cooper is more on the quiet side & will drag his PS5 anywhere & everywhere. Dont get me wrong he still enjoys his nights out with the guys & will hit up the bar whenever they go but if he's not feeling it he usually will game in the hotel room with some friends from back home. Usually, some Call of duty or Fortnite if he's playing with his younger brother or cousins. He's an early riser unless they were out the night before and it was a late night but typically one of the first to go to bed, the guys like to bug him about that quite a bit. (152 words)

(3 TPE) 6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
Greyson Cooper is a superstitious player & has his game-day routine. He usually eats the exact pre-game meal that he has eaten since he was 12 years old. Its a pasta, super easy to make but he switches out the protein from night to night. He also turns off his phone before games so he can focus 100 % on the game. He also feels like he doesn't play his best when he doesn't get a pre-game nap in, so if he misses it he thinks he's going to have a crappy game. Everything seems to be working for him cause it got him to where he is today. His superstitions arent as bad as some players, however. There's a guy on the Stampede who hasn't washed his gear all season because he's having one of his best seasons. It seems to work for him & I guess maybe it keeps the opponents off of his but it's pretty gnarly & working. (161 words)

(3 TPE ) 7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S67 Milestones

(2 TPE) 23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

Hi, @crutch it's me goilers, just here to tell you you're a cool dude even though you through chicken wings at my face one time. I forgive you though. Youre a great pal so you're lucky I'm here to get 100 words for 2 TPE & you get to enjoy this. Thanks for keeping me occupied on my lunch hours with your streaming & always being one of the coolest dudes around. I'm still mad that we got drafted to the same team & you didn't stick it out but it's okay I forgive you again. Anyways have a good night. (101 Words)

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

CW Pass

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride