Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

The home game winning celebration is a sarcastic reenactment of Game of Thrones Season 8. The Battle of Winterfell would be the team huddled behind a couple of goalie nets with a horde of pucks being swept towards them from the other side of the rink. Then someone would comment, "hold on, we need our trebuchets out on the front line," which will be met with unanimous agreement and some contraptions made of goalie sticks would be placed out in front to be destroyed immediately. Then the event captain and the event alternate would sit atop two zambonis on the sidelines and command all the teammates to run out of the walls and go dive into the horde of pucks, cause fuck strategy amiright? Afterward the alternate's zamboni will get sniped by a random slushy from the crowd and they'll deem it "dead"; guess the captain kinda forgot there was a crowd. The final battle will consist of the goalie nets but this time guarded by one cardboard cutout which gets flattened by the captain's zamboni l. The captain can't take an easy victory, though, and will start driving the zamboni into the stands as the audience has fun evacuating the stands trying not to get run over. Then the captain's contract is terminated, someone else becomes event captain for no good reason, and they all go home to rest for the next game and celebration.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Lets face it. For the longest time hockey has been the sport of crotchety old men with a stick perpetually up their ass, case and point don cherry. When Carolina started doing the storm surge it pissed old donny boy off so much that Carolina felt compelled to make and market a shirt about it. Look at some of the most popular sports in the world, Football, Basketball, and dare i say the other football. All those sport have one thing in common, characters. Because they let their player shine the sports thrive. I bet every single one of us here can name a few top tier quotes or moments where players in leagues we might not even follow were given the spotlight to be themselves instead of the John Tavares 3000 bot that we get from the NHL. We all want hockey to grow, hell 10 years ago if i told you the best goal scorer in the league would be a Filipino kid from California, i would have called you insane, but because of the growth of the sport hockey has reached markets it never has in the past, imagine how great it could be in another 10 years.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE affiliate

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=527554

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Hockey Prompt:

I think celebrations are perfectly healthy for the sport so long as there are some simple guidelines put in place to prevent excess and other issues.

1. Celebrations cannot involve or be directed at the opposing team. The celebration should be about the player/teams accomplishment and not the other teams failures. Keep it to the scoring team. Conversely the other team should get to the point they lash out because they were scored on.

2. Celebrations should not bring any outside objects or props onto the ice. You would think this is self-explanatory but all it takes is one idiot to mess it up for the rest.

3. Celebrations are to last no longer than 10 seconds after the goal is scored or declared to stand upon review. Do it fast and be done with it, you can always celebrate more after the game.

4. Any attempt from either team to start a fight or assault another player following a goal celebration will result in immediate ejection and a 5 minute major for their team. Keep it classy.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

after big wins at home games for the atlanta inferno of the simulation hockey league, the team which is the atlanta inferno playing out of atlanta georgia have this new idea for a winning home game ceremony where the team would all get on their hands and knees and start licking the ice! now because regular ice that has been skated on is kind of gross and probably not very fun or tasty to lick or ingest or drink, the team has also instructed the people who are in charge of the ice to replace the regular ice with gatorade instead. the gatorade flavour that they chose in particular was the yellow one which is i believe lemon lime or something like that? but that colour was chosen in particular because it looks a little bit like a bit of piss and it makes the crowd go wild! wow what a genius idea for fan engagement! it was all the idea of @hotdog because of how much he likes piss and agnes @micool132 was a part of the decision too

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Code:
HOCKEY PROMPT- I enjoyed reading your thoughts on a broader hockey topic last week, so I'll ask another hockey question!

I do like good celebrations in hockey, a hype moment deserves a hype celebration in my opinion. Obviously I think there are some that go too far into the ridiculous (like Theo Fleury & Yakupov's slides down basically the entire ice), but if you've scored some crazy goal, you deserve to shine a little bit with a celebration. It shouldn't be too long, or too huge in terms of space (don't go down the whole ice) but otherwise I think you can get hype. Stuff like shooting your glove, Avery's pushup, some of Subban's big hand drags and aroow stuff, even Ovi's hot stick are good (though Ovi's went for too long and he tried to get teammates involved in it. Celebrate yourself and get hype, but also your teammates are hyped too, don't make them chase you down the ice, or wait forever to celebrate with you. But good celebrations are good for the game in my opinion.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Creative prompt: Asking Makrus to design a home win tradition was a risky move. Management has to be desperate if they are coming to the guy that thought bring a pack of wolves to the childrens hospital was a good idea. But here we are. The team needs a new idea and Makrus has no pending lawsuits. Makrus starts his pitch by talking about getting back to our roots. Naturally everyone thinks this is another wolf based pitch but to their surprise it’s a chowder pitch. That’s right New England needs to get back to their chowder based roots. Clam chowder being the most noteworthy. So after big home wins Makrus thinks we should have a chowder feast. What do fans want after drinking overpriced beer and concession snacks. That’s right even more overpriced chowder. We rotate which chowder is on tap each week but you can only buy a bowl if we win. The team will come out on the ice with our bowls of chowder and raise a spoon to the fans. Then we all dig in.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Written Task: What wacky, fun, exciting new post-game celebration do you come up with? Are there fireworks? Mascots? Props? What's everyone's role? Do you change it up a little bit every night, or do you want it to be consistent so that the fans know what they have to look forward to? (150+ words)

The standard for post game celebrations sits with the Carolina Hurricanes and their storm surge. As a Capitals fan it was difficult to watch but at the same time I gotta respect the effort. The knights post game celebrations however have a little more consistency and more crowd participation. In keeping with the medieval theme of the team after every win there will be a jousting event on the ice directly following the game. For these two fans will be selected from the stands to come down and mount wooden horses and armed with a hockey stick and the goalie's blocker. Once mounted a pair of skaters will push the horses toward center ice where the riders meet and try to dismount the other. Winner gets to keep the stick. Waivers will definitely need to be signed but I have a feeling it will be a big hit and keep fans in their seats even during blowouts.

Prompt 1

Given the mafia theme of the Chicago Syndicate team, it would be a pretty fun exercise in having the team line up against one another in a shootout. Of course to keep the event friendly, it would have to be a gun-less event so instead of using weapons or even props to represent those firearms, instead the use of dodgeball would take place in the shoot out. The three stars of the game would square off in a triangle and each have two balls, and look to be the last one standing. It would be an old fashioned standoff but with no other rules other than needing to ensure that you're the last one standing. The winner of this event would be given a bonus to put towards a charity of their choice in order to incentive their engagement in this event. The loser or first one out would have a team specific punishment that can only be done behind closed doors.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

After a number of consultations with the players, managers, marketing execs, and several fan focus groups, the Argonauts game day ops folks came up with a winner of an idea. After a big home game, a large custom made vehicle enters the ice surface. This vehicle is shaped like a Greek trireme, specifically designed to look like the Argo or legend. The players will clamber into the vehicle which will wheel around the ice doing victory laps while the players lead the fans in a war chant. It's an excellent opportunity to have the fans toss souvenirs and swag into the crowd to make sure everyone is going home extra happy. It would be very unique and definitely a fun way for both the fans and the players to interact after a big victory. The marketing execs did take a lot of heat once the quote for the custom made trireme on wheels hit the owner's desk however

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I love most celebrations in hockey today. Some are over the top and some are either subtle or just as routine as a salute and some fist bumps, I think it just depends on the player. My favorite celebrations are when its by a player accomplishing a milestone, or a player jumps into the glass or fist pumps with a crowd. Those moments when they celebrate with the fans give it a more intimate experience that leaves a lasting impression. I love to see players excited after scoring a game tying, or a game winning goal and you just get to see all that emotion pour out within a span of four or five seconds. If its a blowout though, im okay with the winning team just keeping it short and sweet and let the puck go back into play. Everyone is just ready to get the hell out at that point.

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

HOCKEY PROMPT

I think it depends on the situation. If your team is already up by a mile, you don't need to rub it in their faces, they already know they're losing and at this point it's just disrespectful. However, if it's a closely contested game, I'm all for it, but it depends on the goal you're scoring. If it's a goal that deflects on shin pads and a stick and it goes in, calm down that was just luck. However, if you start from your own blue line, get pass the defense and deck the goalie... I don't see why you shouldn't break out into a huge celebration. That's the emotion that's lacking in modern hockey, players don't have big personalities like they do in other sports and I think it would do wonders to the sport. Of course traditionalists would hate it, but there are always people who will disagree with something, even if it's as harmful as a celebration

160 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Quote:Written Task: What do you think about celebrations in hockey? There aren't many of note, because it seems that most players like to keep it tame. Not only that, but when there is a celebration of note, it makes the media rounds and everyone has to weigh in. So where do you land on it? Should players be respectful and keep things low key, or would you prefer to see them go crazy sometimes? (150+ words)

So, I 100% understand from a player/team perspective why people generally do not go over the top with celebrations anymore. For one, hockey is run by the old breed still. They don't like seeing any change in hockey, they like the idea of status quo and 'old time hockey'. Crazy celebrations and shows of emotion and stuff like that don't really belong with that mindset. But more importantly is that during a game, you really don't want to be giving your opponent anything they can rally off of, and I think that's actually the bigger factor at play here. I think later on in a one-off game or whatnot it's more to do with just showing respect to your opponent and not being a dick. But in an important playoff series for example, you don't want to pull off a crazy celebration in a 5-2 game or something and give the other team something to get worked up about and rally behind for the next game. So overall I think the reason we don't see it is a mix between the three things. Respecting your opponent, the 'old time hockey' attitude where players are expected to be unemotional robots, and then not giving anything for the opponent to feed off of.

Personally, I don't really give a shit about 'cool' celebrations. Don't get me wrong, they can be funny to watch and whatnot and I can still get a kick out of it, but it's not a big deal for me. I am a hockey geek so I care more about the game than the side stuff. However, the NHL really needs to move on from this old time hockey mindset and find ways to expand their market. Players actually being allowed to show some personality and flair would go a long way for that.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

We've come up with the celebration but I make it known that I'm going to be sitting it out. With my knee and back pain, I am going to be headed straight to an ice bath so I can start my recovery process. But as for the rest of the team, we have to come up with an exciting celebration because apparently winning hockey games isn't enough in Newfoundland anymore. So the first thing we would do is fly Louis Perreault in on a UFO. He's been spending time on Mars getting ready to meet the future colonizers from Earth, but we're going to borrow him in the event that we win a game. He'd be zipping around the arena and you'd think that's enough but nope we've got more. Tummy Hurts comes out and shows out at center ice by spinning in circles on his head. He then has to go lie down because his stomach hurts. That's about the extent of our entertainment outside of hockey.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers