Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

GM pass wooooooooooooooo

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Word: LATVIJA

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE

TOTAL: 6/16

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 12:34 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 4 times in total.)

+3 TPE - ISFL Affiliate

+3 TPE - Milestones

+3 TPE - Trivia Verification Word - OP
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 09:11 AM by Crunk. Edited 6 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate +3

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: donk +3

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Viktor
Is
Kinda
Tired
Of
Regularseasons

Knockout
Rounds
Usually
Nurture
Krunk

+2

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Well, [TEAM] were the Seattle Argonauts, and this makes me sad for one reason. That bum @Sebster and his goaltender Willie Miller. The last time Seattle played a real team in the finals, Atlanta crushed them as Miller was shown to be below average, at best. A glorified minors goaltender, in over his head. But thanks to playing the "we haven't heard of the Chicago Bulls, honestly" Manhattan Rage for the last two finals in a row, Miller might be on track for a Hall of Fame career, and this makes me sick in my mouth. Aside from that, Seattle deserved it, they're a well put together organisation.

+2

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

I'm not entirely sure what the Atlanta Inferno mascot is called, I'm assuming he's a phoenix. This is the kind of thing you find on team information pages when your GM @hotdog isn't a lazy bum. Anyway, he would be our protagonist in this film, voiced by H. Jon Benjamin, because he does fucking everything. The antagonist would be Evil Duck, modelled on and voiced by Inferno defenseman Puddles O'Duck (he sounds like RuPaul with a kazoo stuck in his throat).

Done in a noir-anime style (I miss Arcane) the Phoenix and his anime waifu love interest (the tone is kinda of 80s thriller-y, so she has very few voice lines and only exists around the protagonist) have to stop the evil Evil Duck (his name was foreshadowing) from melting all the hockey rinks in the world so he can do big dirty duck shits in them, thereby saving the sport of hockey.

Obviously he manages it, or it would be a really unsatisfying movie. Any screenwriters out there, feel free to DM me.

+3

[Image: crunksig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 10:19 AM by Aneeqs. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Zopf

Majestic
Ripped

Zealous
Original
Playful
Fighter

PBE affiliate

+3 Milestones
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 12:57 PM by Memento Mori. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Verification word: content

Code:

Milestones Claim +3 TPE

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 01:04 PM by Cuffy. Edited 1 time in total.)

duplicate

[Image: cuffana.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 02:24 PM by Cuffy. Edited 5 times in total.)

01-02-2023, 12:58 PMCuffy Wrote: sunnyvale

2a. Of course the rage will be a different beast this season just based off what is posted in the CW Op they have 7 clear cut beasts on the ice hockey is a team sport you need more than one stud to bring a championship home. I feel like the rage will be the main team to put your money on

B. Well hockey could be anyones game its never set in stone who will come out victorious. Anything can happen it could be nobodies fault just a lucky bounce or biased refs. They have the team to win it but that just doesnt matter some players could end up on a cold streak and the other teams players could all just be on fire and playing the best hockey of their careers.

C. Yes both players have had a major impact on their respective teams. I believe they will battle it out and continue to play good solid hockey. it just isnt about one players play this series is gunna be a great series and the teams as a whole have to play good hockey. these two guys are both going to play out of their minds so lets see which team ends up cracking under pressure.

D. Im gunna go with the Rage. They are coming back this time more ready then ever the whole team wants this right now and they have been playing great hockey to get to where they are once again. They are coming back for revenge and they are indeed full of rage. This will be a fight and they are going to come out of the gates on fire. Seattle will put up an amazing fight and try to beat them again but this time im going with the Rage.

3. New Year new J to the R O C. J roc is going to be hitting the gym a lot more this season. His Maine general manager has kept him going so far with giving him his to do lists weekly J roc hasnt been actively involved with the league but its time to represent the "Cuffy" agency better. His former sunnyvale mate Jim Lahey is disapointed in J roc and this is going to be the year J Roc starts showing his real potiential. J Roc is currently fairly strong on the defensive side of his game leaving his offenside side out completely. Back when Jamie (J rocs original name) was growing up his offensive game was out of this world but once he went to juniors he just gave up on it and decided to go full on defensive defenseman. He has been living in Jim Laheys shadow all growing up and now je wants to be known as the better player coming out of sunnyvale.

4. My dream series Would be Texas Renegades vs the Edmonton Blizzard. Not even sure if they are rivals or not but J roc remembers watching Jim lahey playing on both these teams and have always wanted to be apart of one of them. Texas has always been a favorite for the "cuffy" agency. There have been a lot of history with the two teams but in the end of the matchup i would like for the Renes to win in a game 7 hard fought battle. The Blizzard are also a team with a great history with a lot of rings just like the Renegades they were a favourable team during Laheys time and J roc would love to play for either or. J roc wants to step in Laheys shoes and be a part of the best d pairing in the shl. Jamie will be looking to play great hockey and learn how to develop his gamr so he could make his SHL debut on any team he will do his best to fit in the lineup. Currentle jamie is looking likr a career junior player but he wants nothing more then to be a part of an SHL team.

5. As a ship repair welder ill take the boats all day. War boats designed with guns? you could have 600 raging bulls and they wont do sweet fuck all to a ship of that calibre. The hull of the ship is likely 3/4 inch to 1 3/4 inch steel which no bull will ever dent let alone penetrate to sink the ship or kill the living boat lol. The boat has eyes he can aim his own guns the bulls will just get shot the fuck up in a matter of minutes or even just completely ran over by the living ship. I dont know how there would ever be a scenario where the bulls win in this unless they are mega robotic bulls that have explosive rounds to take the living ships down. I just cant picture the boat losing in any situation. So yeah for me its the navy ships all day.

[Image: cuffana.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 02:55 PM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 5 times in total.)

Quote:Code:

Shiraz

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?
b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. I'm not sure I agree with the initial assumption. A more balanced offense would be helpful for Manhattan, but is this really the case here? The more balanced numbers of the Rage this season merely come from the fact that Lebedev has slowed down a bit in the postseason this year and not from the rest of the team actually scoring that much more.
b. Sadly the current version of our game is rather predictable and favors proven Winners, so Seattle should have the edge this season given that they've been able to keep a very successful roster together. Age is catching up with them, but I believe their chemistry and winning mentality will carry them through one more time.
c. The key to the series will not be individual players, it will be depth. If recent years have proven anything, it's that individual Superstars can carry you to a finals appearance or a Presidents Trophy, but they usually don't win you a cup. For that, a complete team effort and depths in all positions is simply much more important that having a single player who puts up huge individual numbers.
d. Well Seattle already won so there is that... But I think Manhattan was actually able to make the series much closer than I expected them to. Seattle was so much stronger and more consistent throughout the Season whereas Manhattan couldn't lean on Lebedev as much this postseason as they could last year, so the fact that the rest of their players were able to step up enough to make this a seven-game series should make them proud.

+3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303006

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

I hope it's okay that I use this prompt to make a bit of a meta commentary. Because I think the SHLs calendar has changed over the years to a point where the playoff rounds tend to be very short these days, whereas most people don't do CW super early. This has led to a situation where the playoffs usually area already finished for most people when they get to writing their CW contribution. To take my post as an example, it's still a weak until the deadline and the series is already over. As a result of that, I think it might be worth to reconsider the set-up of the CW prompts because almost everyone ends up as a "procrastinator" these days. So I think it would be good to have more prompts that fall into the procrastinator category, are timeless or focus on the playoffs as a whole. Basically everything that moves us away from the "let's predict how the final series will go" kinds of prompts because for most people, the series will already have happened when they get to them. And to not be completely off-topical: Yes, I did expect Seattle to win as I think did almost everyone else and I was actually surprised that Manhattan managed to keep it so close.

Quote:22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)
You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates. 

Well this should give us a lot of options because we are goddamn dragons, each and every one of us! This would actually tie in nicely with the other prompt about the animated film as well, but I don't want a cute show, I want to actually win something so the "new competition" prompt it is. So what do we go with? How about a competitive goat-eating competition? Can anyone beat a Dragon when it comes to frying this delicious snack or even eating it raw and still alive? Sure, there are some other predator-themed teams out there, Panthers, Bears, Lions, Wolves or even Humans with weapons, but none of them would be able to keep up with the fact that we can spit fire and grow to the size of a skyscraper. If that's a bit too brutal for you, then how about something simpler, like figure-flying? Conveniently the only other team who could've really beaten us in that regard isn't part of the league anymore after their rebrand: the Jets.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Excessive
Volume
And
Noise

Will
I
Never
Try
Emotional
Rest?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

Like it or not, this Rage team is very different. First of all, you have a VERY young goaltender in Adam Rage between the pipes. Adam was the backup to Name Redacted during last season's run. Whilst his numbers leave a little to be desired, they are still solid numbers. Don't get confused though, this Rage team does not rely on winning games 2-1. Which Segways to the other big change, scoring depth. Manhattan this time around can roll three lines and be a massive scoring threat.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

Could this Argos team do it? Absolutely, never count out the defending champions. But it is not the most common thing and they are going up against the same opponent as last season. For that reason, you have to think the Rage are looking to play them hard for all of this, having fallen in game seven last season. I could see Manhattan getting the right bounces in this one this time.

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

Both Manning and Lind played amazing all season long, with Max of course leading the league in goals and points. You hit the nail on the head in the question. Both teams need to shut the other's man down. Both teams are deep, so don't get laser focused on only shutting them down. During the regular season, Lind did not lead the Rage in points. Max is a marked man being the leader and, arguably a major threat. Both teams also can score at a great clip.

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

Honestly, I'd say Manhattan in the same way Pittsburg vs Detroit was a thing. Same idea, though obviously some stars that we waited for irl. With the SHL, sometimes moments get missed. Which is sad. I think the Rage having the experience of last season and now being back here against the same odd team, here and ready to take it. It would be an amazing storyline for them to take it and storm it all the way back.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

The New Years Resolution for August Von Hecht. Play wise? Probably just get better, he is not a terrible goalie by all metrics. Just distinctly average. He is capped out at this junction so all that really can be left to strive for is getting into the good graces with the hockey gods. During the regular season in S68, August hit his worst SV% but a slightly better GAA. Sure, part of it is that the young Anchorage Armada defence to grow up and take their stride. August saw just under 1000 less shots this past season which bodes well. Some times you need a little luck. S68 saw much worse GSAA for the short German goaltender which i feel kind of held him and the Boatgang back significantly.
He can certainly make the finals and win, which goes without saying. But that is everyone's easy out as well. That said, i have no parts of his game i can work on. On the other side of things, you could say that i have to work harder and we may see just that next season.

Code:

S68 Milestones

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: b7e5GwF.png]

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

To judge a Creek. Everything listed above should be an amazing factor. I will say Large Creeks and Small Rivers are about the right size for people's maximum enjoyment. So you need a higher volume of water moved. More water means a better sound, weather that is a pleasant flow, or the loud crash of a waterfall, or even the loud rush of fast flowing water. A clean, garbage less environment that is somewhat open would be best. Cant really appreciate the visual beauty of a creek if its all over grown with trees. you can love the biodiversity and even the fact that it seems untouched, but it wont compare to seeing it as well.
With all of these combine, you will get to enjoy the wonder of the natural world. A place to make you get lost from the trials of the world. A creek so perfect, you will feel like this little corner of the world is the only small bit of it left. That nothing else exists.

Code:

Aggressive
Uncouth
Germanic
Unbelievable
Sweet
Tendy

Acrostic Poem for August.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

GM pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 03:14 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 5 times in total.)

If we are talking about different beasts then yes, it should be quite obvious. Last season, the Rage were carried by Lebedev, and no one wants to be on a one man team. It sets you up for failure, because the other team just has to cover one dude. It's different now with the Rage carrying a much more balanced scoring attack into the playoffs this season. With all those players on a tear and scoring around a point per game, it makes it harder for the other team to cover them; with so many players on a heater you have to diversify your defense which makes it harder to stay on just one guy.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

Of course they can do it again, are you kidding me? This is a team that has the playoff experience, they won a cup last year, and keeping the squad intact was smart on Seattle's part, as they already have the chemistry. There's no doubt in my mind that the Argonauts can do it again because they've done it before.

The key to this series is always going to be shutting down the other team's star player, so I would totally say that shutting down Manning (for Manhattan) and Lind (for Seattle) would be the key. If they're shut down, it'll be easier for the opponents to shut down the rest of the team, and harder for them to score.

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

It's Seattle. Of course it's going to be Seattle. Manhattan may have gotten some finals experience last season, but this is a Seattle team rolling into the finals that has the same makeup as last year. They have chemistry, winning experience, and are just loaded. So the Argonauts are going to win the finals.

+2 TPE - Milestones/Task 7

What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Sebastien Regazzoni has a simple resolution for the new year. It is to shoot more. Regazzoni made his name last season as a goal scorer, shooting at an impressive 16.9% clip and scoring 25 goals, which is a very good total for a SMJHL rookie. But this season his shot took a major step back. Regazzoni grew too cocky, thinking that his shot could beat anyone simply because he was the one who shot it. He took less shots because he was sure that he'd score no matter how many he took. Instead, he scored 20 goals (5 fewer isn't a lot, but when you're trying to be a goalscorer, it hurts a lot), and his shooting percentage slumped to 11.1%, meaning he was less efficient with his shots. Anchorage lost in the second round, and a lack of goalscoring was part of the reason why. So Seb is working on his shooting to help boost his beloved Armada to a Four Star Cup.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

Sebastien Regazzoni doesn't really have any rivals. There are no players that he holds specific disdain for, and if he did, he sure wouldn't be saying it publicly. But he does hate one specific team, as does the entirety of his team, the Anchorage Armada. That would be their historic rivals, the Vancouver Whalers. Sure, the boats hate Maine because they can never seem to beat them in the playoffs, but Vancouver has always been the team Armada players and fans hate the most. Regazzoni would love nothing more than to play a pivotal role in a sweep of the stinky Whalers, who smell awful and have no nice people on their team whatsoever. Vancouver sucks and that is why I would love to beat them because they suck. They always smell like whale guts, they kill peaceful whales for no reason, and their rink is a fucking pigsty. It would mean a lot to beat the Whalers because we hate them so much.

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Some
Eagles
Buy
Amazing
Shirts
To
Indulge
Egos
Now

8. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Repeat finals can be seen as boring (as a member of the Steelhawks when we played the Renegades in the finals quite a few times, I understand the feeling), but the best teams will always find their way to the finals. It just so happened that the Argonauts and Rage were the best teams. What surprised me the most was Philadelphia not winning a series. I always think the Forge can finally win a series, and this year looked like it would be their year. So I was sad when I saw them lose to the Rage, because I truly felt the Forge were Challenge Cup contenders.

Total TPE: 16/16

Armada Monarchs

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 04:38 PM by yosh. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
PBE Affiliate Claim

Code:

a. I mean, this Manhattan team is certainly looking very strong. It does seem like they're built to do well and put up a good fight against the Argonauts. The big question is, relative to the Argonauts, have they really taken the big step up that they need in order to defeat the Argonauts? It's going to be a tough call for sure.
WC: 62

b. The only way I can see the Seattle Argonauts losing out to the Manhattan Rage is really only two scenarios. The first scenario is that the Rage genuinely dominate the Argonauts, playing much better than anticipated. The other one is that the Argonauts basically run out of gas. Manning can't find the back of the net, Podcalzone struggles to finish checks and his age starts to show, and the team basically takes a big step back compared to Manhattan.
WC: 79

c. I truly do believe that the key to the series is how the top players in Manning and Lind perform. Having followed the Argonauts during the regular season, Manning looks like another level compared to, well, how about the entire league, save for a select few. I'd imagine they'll still be playing at that top level, even though the coaching staff of their opposing teams will be doing anything in their powers to shut them down.
WC: 76

d. In my eyes, it has to be the Seattle Argonauts. This is a team that was truly dominant during the regular season, with a team that was just clicking through and through. Manning is on a historic tear, Podcalzone and Salming bring veteran expertise to the lineup, and Willie Miller, as stinky as his gear may be, is that steady and reliable presence in the crease that gives the Argos what they need to dominate the competition.
WC: 77

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Honestly being able to pick the battlefield is a total game changer. As far as I am aware, those living war boats can probably dominate in any scenario. Realistically, neither would really thrive in the air, unless they somehow sprouted wings. We'll call it a draw for in the air. However, for a scenario where there actually is a good likelihood of determining a winner, I would say that the boats with eyes can defeat the herd of bulls if the battleground was set in an aquatic setting. I mean, that just makes sense. I don't know how well bulls can swim, and assuming these war boats with eyes are truly sentient, then they can aim pretty damn well. Just fire some missiles out at the bulls, and they won't be able to evade them at all. Even on land, I can see the boats winning, to be honest. It will just turn into a stationary battle station, equipped with machine guns, missiles still, and a steel superstructure that is very much capable of taking on some damage from a few bull horns. Boat wins easy, both in the sea and on land.
WC: 193

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!

Yeah, honestly, I could totally see a scenario where the entire SHL marketing department tries to buy in on the very... funny number aspect of marketing this particular season for the league. However, all it takes is one rational person to remind everybody of the fact that... there are likely kids watching these games in this totally real universe where the SHL is very much a real entity. Therefore, it would be best to "keep it PG", or so to speak.

So, what would be the next appropriate move? Well, for starters, the next move would be to brand the season in a very subliminal or subtle way. A way where adult fans can easily go and say "haha nice funny number", while most kids should be oblivious of the nature of the marketing. So, I don't know, something a bit lame like "Keeping things nice" or "Hockey and chill" would... yeah honestly, there's a reason that I'm not an expert at marketing.
WC: 163

Code:
S68 Milestones

3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 09:34 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 7 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303074
+3 milestones

1. Trivia: Yeet

3. Oles had a feeling that 2023 would be full of chaotic change. Not necessary negative, but jus that he could feel the "tide turning" as he entered SHL training camp for the first time. Playing with some of the leagu's best means being able to play faster, stronger and smarter. Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard.. On a personal note, it just so happens to be Ukrainian Christmas. Oles will have to watch how much of mama's cooking he eats as he has been given a very strict diet. So, you know, no pressure at all but all eyes will be on Oles to see if Edmonton was right about drafting him 7th overall a few seasons back. Not to mention even though Oles went down in history as the best Yukon forward ever statistically, he did not win a cup. So that is another new years goal Oles has.

5. It is not productive or appropriate to consider scenarios of violence or combat between living beings or inanimate objects. It is better to focus on finding peaceful and non-violent solutions to conflicts. In the scenario described, it is impossible to accurately predict the outcome of a fight between 45 bulls and 3 ships. It is also important to consider the potential harm and damage that could be inflicted on the bulls and the ships, as well as any individuals who may be nearby. It is never justifiable to intentionally cause harm or suffering to any living being or object, and it is important to strive for empathy and understanding in all interactions with others.

Now that Oles can't be cancelled because he provided a "woke" answer to this easy PETA trap to lure animal abusers, those Navy boats would wreck those bulls! With AI technology those non-synthetic bulls do not stand a chance against the power of science and warfare.

16. It would be difficult to determine which European countries would be included in a hypothetical "best" European hockey team, as the strength and quality of a hockey team can depend on various factors such as the skill and experience of individual players, the overall team strategy and tactics, and the team's overall depth and balance. Not to mention different countries play different styles and the results of mixing could not be successful That being said, some European countries that have historically had strong hockey programs and have consistently performed well on the international stage include Finland, Sweden and the Czech Republic. These countries have all won medals at the Olympics and World Championships, and they have produced many talented and successful players. Other countries in Europe that have also made significant contributions to the sport of hockey and could potentially be included on a "best" European team include Switzerland, Slovakia, and Germany. Ultimately, the makeup of a hypothetical "best" European hockey team would depend on the specific goals and objectives of the team, as well as the availability and performance of players from various countries.

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Name: Oles

One shot
Last game of the playoffs
Everything you ever wanted
Slap shot for the win…

16/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 06:08 PM by downer. Edited 6 times in total.)

1. 2 TPE ?
3. 3 TPE
5. 3 TPE
6. 3 TPE
7. 3 TPE
23. 2 TPE

16 TPE

CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.

Word: bauble

What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do
they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season?
If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they
resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Chris has focused on building his offensive game a bit, while not losing site of what makes him valuable; defensive abilities. For the New Year, Chris’s resolution is to continue to focus on his own growth, but also pushing extremely hard along with his teammates to make the playoffs again after missing them this past season. For Chris, accomplishing his resolution would look like the following: 1. Positive +/- for the first time in his career. 2. League leading defensive stats in Blocks again. 3. Creating more takeaways. 3. Exceeding 30 points. 4. Making it beyond the first round of the playoffs at an absolute minimum. All of these should be easily attainable for Chris, especially with the growth the Grizzlies roster has experienced over the past season, and the strong drafting position they have going into next season. With an extremely strong defensive showing in his sophomore season, and the work he’s put into his offensive game this off-season, there are sure to be some real strides towards achieving all of his goals this next year. (177 words)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)

We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real.
Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with
eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your
choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of
winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Man, this scenario is easily determined by the battlefield decided upon. For our first scenario, let’s say that the battlefield is outer space. Assuming the boats are simply anthropomorphic and not actually dependent on breathing or intolerant of extreme temperatures, then they have an easy win over the bulls who immediately succumb to the vacuum of space. Now let’s say the bulls have specially made space suits, with little booster jets for directional control, then I think they’re still the losers. With big domes over their heads, surely their horns (their primary offensive skill) are rendered useless. Now, if the boats DO require oxygen or ARE intolerant of extreme temperatures, then I think the bulls might have an upper-hand in that just a couple would need to kamikaze the boats space suits and puncture them. Once they’re punctured, it’s game over, and there could still be several bulls left. Now, if the battle happens on earth, really any surface, I think the bulls are automatic losers. What’s a bull going to do to a war boat? I’ll tell you what they’ll do: absolutely nothing. (184 words)

6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)

Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide
on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so
many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which
one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for
a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and
fitting for next season!

I don’t know anything about funny numbers, but here’s my slogan: Play both ends of the ice! – This is strictly about playing both offensive and defensive hockey. Nothing more, nothing less. You see, it’s important that when you’re a part of a team, you make sure all your partners needs are taken care of, and it’s important that they take care of yours too. So, sometimes your defensive-end might need a little more attention. What are you going to do? Work with your partner, and make sure that end is taken care of, and you’re completely satisfied. Now let’s say your offensive skill needs a little tweaking. Maybe your zone entry technique isn’t right, or maybe you need to change how you’re gripping the stick. Either way, you need to work with your partners with clear and open communication. They need to tell you EXACTLY how they want you to deke around any obstacles, and really tuck that puck into the net. (162 words)

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the
person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

Milestones

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word.
Charging
His
Rivals
In
Sports

Violently
Attending
Linesmen
Evacuate
Nearby
Teammates
In