Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

J gm pass

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 10:29 AM by Froste39. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. CW Trivia

Verification: Blastoise 

+3 TPE (I hope lol)

5. Boat versus Bull:

I think this matchup first depends on the type of battlefield we are talking about here. If we fight in the boats natural habitat which will be the ocean the bulls will have no chance. Can bulls even swim? I have no idea. However even if we say the boats are stranded I do not think the bulls can breach the sship hull before being taken out by the heavy weaponry. The number of the bulls is not even an advantage here since explosion ammo will reap multiple kills easily. I would dare to say that even one single boat can defend itself against 45 bulls as long as it has adequate ammunition.
Now from the historical/mythological side however the Argo, Iasons ship was not an armored warship but rather a wooden exploration vessel without black powdered cannons or even modern weaponry. 45 bulls against a hull made out wood and some seamen with spears or bows and arrows would be a different scenario. I would give the bulls the edge here, provided they do not have to fight inside the ocean.
183 words.
+3 TPE

6.  Too Many Choices

So yeah, honestly, we are embracing the full meme with this season and I really don't think there is another choice than just using the GOATED 

"Nice." 

It is short, it is renowned, it has class, style. It is perfect. Everything else would be too childish, too try hard. Other slogans might be funny, but we in the SHL are professionals and professionals have standards. I am not even sure where it originates from. I know there is something similar from South Park, but I don't know. Might google that later.
 I am sorry I cannot provide more slogans to choose from, but...you know what, no I AM NOT SORRY. There really is no other choice and if there will be another slogan taken my disappointment will be immeaseurable and my day will be ruined. And miss me with that 420 shit, not everyone here is a weedhead and that stuff was never really funny anyways. 69 though, 69 is love, 69 is life. 69 is just.. Nice.

168 words
+3 TPE

7. Milestones

+3 TPE - S68 J Milestones

13. CrAIyon

Well I wanted to recrate the moment of the Argonauts logo winning the cup and got the Battleship Boardgame with a cup on top of it, I can't even.

https://imgur.com/a/B46jWFt

23. Acrostic Poem

Froste

Friendly
Righteous
Or
Sarcastic
Teamplayer
Easy 

+2 TPE

Overall 15 out of 16 TPE

[Image: WmFwKPw.jpeg]

aero

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

A. It’s simple, this is not the same team as last year, it’s even better, which is saying something because Manhattan last year was clicking on all cylinders and they were peaking at the right time, but now, with an extra year of development, they stand to really have an even better shot at the title.
[Image: gcQ0ibb.png]
B. All of the points I just raised for Manhattan, unfortunately for Manhattan, also go in Seattle’s favor, and Seattle won last time. With an extra year of development and a powerhouse of a roster, I think they can do it again, and since we’ve seen this play out before, I think we have our betting favorite, but maybe this will be like Detroit vs Pittsburgh and the other team will win this time?
[Image: 0KSJraT.png]

C. Based on how each team has played, I think both Manning and Lind will continue their hot play, I mean why not? They have been at the top of their game all playoffs and I don’t see anyone on either team shutting them down, the real question is, who will win the superstar off?
[Image: PCWX5Tv.png]
D. Unfortunately for Manhattan, I think Seattle wins again. Their team is still a juggernaut, and a much improved Manhattan team still won’t be enough to stop a more well-rounded team, but Manhattan has the makings of a contender for years to come, but unfortunately, they miss out on the cup again.
[Image: CMIZddK.png]

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Bobby’s New Year’s Resolution is to lead this Grizzlies team on the run for a cup, and for him to do that, he needs to score more and be more defensively sound. Defense is not a natural instinct for him. Still, he knows he can’t expect his teammates to carry him on the back end unless he can fully carry them on the front end, and as the Captain of the team, he has to set an example for the rookies and even the veterans to follow. He may have led his team in points, but he sees how teams like Detroit and Nevada scored at will on their opponents, so Bobby has gone to management to stress the importance of a style change, the grit and grind Grizzles are not going to make it far unless they can score with the best of teams, while also not giving up high danger chances for the young goalie coming in this season.
[Image: kz7O4CX.png]

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 

There is only one natural choice in Bobby’s mind for this answer, and it’s been in his mind since he was drafted after him in his juniors’ draft, and the answer is Jacques Hammer. Kelowna and Great Falls have been, for lack of a better word, bottom feeders since he was drafted so the situation has not risen where they have played meaningful hockey against each other. Still, Jacques was taken over him, and then weeks into the season declared himself the hardest working player of his draft, which Bobby took to heart because he knew it wasn’t true. Bobby hopes that both Great Falls and Kelowna show something different this year, that way Great Falls can knock the “hardest-working player of his class” out of the playoffs. At first, this was just a media rivalry, but after Hammer said what he said, Bobby has been waiting for his shot.
[Image: T4seUeo.png]
Code:

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Unlike some people, this is an easy answer to come to, the answer is the living warships with eyes. Not even taking modern technology into the equation, and thinking something like a Spanish Galleon, what are the bulls going to do? Cannon fire would make half of the bulls explode before they even got to charge, and the proceeding volleys would take out the rest of them. If any stragglers got on the boat, then  I’d be a bit more worried since the warships are alive and don’t have any defenders on board the ship, but I think the bulls would end up getting blown up to high heaven. I also am basing the warships have human intelligence, so they would be able to strategize the best targets for each shot a lot more easily than the bulls would recognize which ship to target. Rest in peace bulls, you fought bravely.
[Image: 6BHDrtK.png]

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE

TOTAL TPE EARNED - 16 TPE

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 05:29 PM by raymond3000. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
storm

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. This season's Manhattan Rage team has learned from their close defeat last season and they are certainly a better team this time around. Their team, with its core of late S50 players is in its prime, and they might not ever have a better chance at winning the Challenge Cup, but they will still face a tough test in the Seattle Argonauts.

b. Seattle has an older team compared to Manhattan, and some of their top players from prior seasons, such as Luukas Lilja and Jonas Kanhwald, have taken steps back. However, this has been offset by the emergence of new stars, notable forward Max Manning who led the league in scoring, and Seattle has to be the favorite in this finals.

c. Max Manning was the best player in the league during the season 68 regular season, and he has continued to show it during the playoffs. It's doubtful that the Rage will find a way to stop him when no other team has thus far. Tomas Lind, while a very good player, isn't the same tier as Manning, and the league-best Seattle defense might be able to contain him.

d. The Seattle Argonauts are the favorite in this year's Challenge Cup Finals. They are the defending champions, had by far the better regular season, and have a clear TPE advantage as well over the Manhattan Rage. However, the Rage have shown an ability to step up in the playoffs over the past two seasons, knocking out teams which should be above their level, so this should be another tight series.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+1 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?
Andreas Kvalheim is once again representing Norway at this year's edition of the IIHF world championships. This time, Norway are entering with their heads held high as defending champions and will be in the fight to retain their title. While Norway doesn't have the same depth as some other teams, evidenced by the fact that Andreas still has a spot on the team, Norway has the top end talent in Salzberger Lillehammersson, Gonzo Gobbledygook, and Grogu Mandosson to compete with anyone. These stars lead the team, but Norway also has a good blend of veteran players and up and coming young guns to act as a supporting cast. The two other nordic countries in Sweden and Finland, along with the traditional powerhouse Canada look to be the biggest threats to the Norwegian double. However, Norway has always been a hockey country which punches above its weight class and they should be in contention for the medal rounds again.

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

After a long season sixty eight, the result turned out to be the exact same as last season - the Seattle Argonauts defeating the Manhattan Rage in a closely fought seven game series to win the Challenge Cup. The biggest surprise to me was not that these two teams were in the finals, though Manhattan continues to impress with their playoff runs. The biggest surprise was that we did not see a Seattle and Winnipeg matchup in the Western Conference Finals. These two teams battled it out all season for the Presidents Trophy, and looked to be clear as the top two teams in the league. However, the Syndicate played spoiler and knocked out the Aurora before we could see this eagerly anticipated matchup.

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!
[Image: tI6TsNn.png]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

GM CW pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 11:04 PM by Toivo. Edited 6 times in total.)

ISFL PT + 3

Code:
A. Yes, this team is more balanced. The balance of scoring will help the Rage avoid trouble if say, Lev Lebedev got in penalty trouble and was off the ice for a significant portion of the game. The Rage will appreciate their depth scoring much more this go around and should reap the benefit of having several guys to depend on for scoring.
B. Sometimes, teams can become complacent. Getting used to the success and thinking they are invincible because things are clicking and they have been there done that. Seattle will need to stay hungry to fend off Manhattan this go around. Coaching staff will need to keep players motivated and not take it for granted that they have returned to the Challenge Cup Final.
C. I don’t think these players are suddenly going to be figured out going into the Challenge Cup Final. After great seasons by the two of them, it is pretty well known the quality of talent between Manning and Lind. Both teams depend on these guys to win games and owe their runs to these players, to some degree. I think both players will still light up the other team and make many highlights over the course of a best of 7 series.
D. Manhattan will want revenge and have a chip on its shoulder to prove to the league that it is the better team. Seattle is the defending champion and wants to establish its dynasty with this challenge cup. These two teams have a lot going for them so it is hard to say who will win. I see this series as a toss up, but if forced to pick, I will go with Seattle.

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?
I was quite pleased with my player’s season 68 campaign. I suppose, if I want to improve on one particular area of my game, it will be goal scoring. I will need to up the goals for this team to get to the Challenge Cup Final. This team has been there, won it all, and I look forward to helping the team get back there and winning it all again. As the year ends, this will be my player’s focus. Aiming to turn more of those passes from teammates into goals scored. It helps to play with some real top tier teammates who are looking out for you and the team as a whole. Therefore, I think if I put in the necessary amount of time training, we can get my guy scoring more and help the team as a whole win some more games. Resolutions only work if you put in the work, and my player is determined to put in that work.

Code:
Milestones +3 tpe

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?
The Swiss are coming for the IIHF and WJC. Not too many seasons ago, the Swiss won IIHF Gold and DACH won WJC gold. This was a very bright moment for the Swiss. It was a promising outing by the big pluses, and it bodes well for our future. The past season tournament wasn’t the greatest. We all know what we are missing and we want that gold once again. I am expecting a coming out party for my player who hasn’t done quite as well in international play. He has done decent at play in the regular season of SHL, so hopefully we see that translate into doing well at IIHF play, and we can help get Switzerland some more gold medals. IIHF is a good distraction in the off-season when there is otherwise not much going on. It is hard to take fault with the outings of Switzerland when we won gold so recently. But we expect the best out of ourselves every season.

16/16

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

- 1. CW TRIVIA 3 TPE

Verification word: Miz

3/16

- ISFL Affiliate 3 TPE

6/16

- 7. Milestones 3 TPE

Milestones SMJHL

9/16

- 18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Again this year, we had the chance to have some fantastics games for the S68 playoffs. Manhattan for me, and I think for a lot more people, was still a surprise this year, they finished in the middle of the pack in the season, but again, a very different team in playoff that found a way to meet Seattle again in Final. I would have guess that ATL, BUF , and TOR had more chance to join SEA in the final, but here we go again. Not surprise that Seattle won again, they are the best team on paper, and FHM seems to love them, but please, we want 2 news teams in finals next season. 

115 words

11/16

- 23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem: Filip Lund

Fat
Idiot
Lawful
Imbecile
Pig
Lumberjack
Uno
Nice
Dog

13/16

- 21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

With all that money for the movie, the St-Louis management team decided to go with an animated movie for kids about Sparky the scrarecrow who has some trouble being accepted in his new school. (Yes Netflix buyed our movie, they love that kind). Sparky need to change school, because his father got a promotion to work in a better crop field in another state. At the beginning, Sparky get bullied pretty hard by some others mascots in the school, the worst of his aggressor is a Kraken. He's demolarized after some time, but he's made a friend in a malamute, who will encourage him to sign up to the school hockey team. During the rest of the year, he'll become more and more confident, making a lot of new friends, and becoming pretty good in hockey. At the end, he'll faceup against the team Kraken is on for the finals, and despite some sabotage attempt from the other team, Sparky's team will win the cup for the first time in their history.

178 words

16/16

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Wheeler

I think that this is definitely a different team than we saw last season around in the challenge cup finals. I think that last season Manhattan was largely riding an extremely hot goaltender and good defence, but they were not quite getting the offence support that they needed to get by a well rounded Seattle team. This time around they are much better offensively and that gives them a better chance to stick with Seattle and not rely just on goaltending.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

The Seattle squad is definitely a very much similar squad to last season. There have been no massive changes and the only hit seems to be that they might be slightly weaker due to regression to their top core members. However, this did not seem to stop them in the regular season and they once again finished at the top of the league this season, very strong both offensively and defensively.

I think if someone would have figured out how to shut down Max Manning during his historic season, it would have happened long ago during the regular season. No one managed to figure him out and he went on to set goal scoring and point records in the SHL and did not stop when it came time for playoffs. Lind has also been trucking to a lesser extent, and Seattle will have to rely on their solid defensive core to try to shut him down, which I think is possible.

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

I say Seattle wins it again this season, maybe because I am biased, maybe because the finals happened a week ago and I already know that they we did indeed win again by the slightest of margins. I think Manhattan had a much better team this time around and had a much more legit shot at winning it all compared to last season where they were carried more by hot goaltending and very good defence.

For my players new years resolution and for this upcoming season, even though they are dealing with regression, their resolution is to still continue to be on of the premier defencemen in the SHL. Although they are into their 5th season of regression, that hasn't stopped them from being selected for the all-star game for the past 3-4 seasons in a row. 50 points will be hard to attain, but Jonas does believe that he can crack 50 again and continue to help whichever team he is on as he is heading into free agency this season. Another thing to work on might be to have the same strong defensive impact without taking as many penalties as he did last season. Less than 30 PIM would be a good goal to start with. Jonas would also aspire to keep physically strong and balanced as he believes that is what has helped him achieve the success that he has up to this point in his career. The HOF is still the goal!

Claiming 3 TPE

Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 

Well, dating back to my days back in LAP, I would love nothing more than to be able to trounce the Hamilton Steelhawks of old in the playoffs. The only time we were going to be able to meet was going to be in the finals, and the first time we met them there in my career, we came so close, pushing them all the way to game 6, but ultimately falling short. It was exciting because they were such a powerhouse at the time and the way the league was going, they were not a very popular team and so I believe we basically had the rest of the league cheering us on in that series, a series we were not really even supposed to make it to in that playoff run after upsetting a very strong Chicago team in the conference finals. After that season 63 clash we did not really get a real chance to meet them again as they finally started regressing, but we still went on to win the challenge cup in S65. So ya, it probably wouldn't feel the same in the future but I wish I could go back to the past and beat that Hamilton team for the cup.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 01:29 AM by vbottas17. Edited 1 time in total.)

Double post, see page 5

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

1 Trivia
tater
3/16

My dream series would be a playoff battle between The Manhattan Rage and The New England Wolfpack. I joined the Wolfpack the same season my longtime teammates Lev Lebedev and Sven Svechhnikov joined the Rage. We had been together since our careers began and for the first time we were not on the same team. Sven and I started together on Vancouver and Lev joined us the next season. From there we all went to Edmonton. Now that we are on opposite sides of the ice it seems like the perfect chance to prove who was the real contributor to our teams success. The series would also be exciting to see if I can win a playoff series. So far I haven’t won a playoff series since entering the SHL. Lev and Sven have had 2 finals appearances now so I definitely have something to prove when we get on the ice. Win or lose it will be a banger.
6/16

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
Wow this prompt is terrifying. 45 raging bulls is one thing but living war boats with eyes. I was originally convinced war ships would never lose to bulls even if they had massive numbers. But the eyes. The eyes are their weakness. Bulls are smart probably. They can make bull pyramids to reach those eyes and do what bulls do best. The thick metal hull of the war ship means nothing if a soft goreable eye is just exposed. I am confident the bulls could blind the war ships while taking minimal casualties. That’s when all hell breaks loose. Bulls still probably can’t do much against the metal hull of the war ships so I don’t see how they close out the fight. War ships are just firing blindly trying to hit bulls and bulls are ramming war ships to no effect. This probably comes down to luck in the end. Can the bulls get the war ships to accidently shoot each other thereby sinking them. Or do the war ships get enough lucky shots they take out all the bulls. Did I mention this all takes place on water. You would think that advantage goes to the war ships but bulls are probably smart and clearly can waterski in intricate formations.
9/16

6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Season 69 needs literally only one slogan. A single word that sums up exactly what it means. NICE!
N the n in nice stands for new. New season, new year(for real) and new us. The league has some big players that recreated just for season 69 so you can bet its going to be a great season. did I mention New England? Ya we are here to.
I the I in nice stands for ingaging. Now I know what you are thinking. Engaging starts with an e not an i. well too bad its my list. Besides I went to school in America so the bar isn’t to high. This season should be pretty engaging. Besides being a meme year there are bound to be some surprises this year. Can anyone say they saw Man going to the finals again in season 68? Who is going there in season 69? Its exciting to find out.
C the c in nice stands for cup. That what we are all fighting for right. Each final is basically 2 teams 1 cup.
E the e in nice stands for epic. This season should be epic. Why? Well you will have to watch it and find out.
12/16

Makrus Milestones
15/16

23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
Manly
Acrobat
Keeps
Ravioli
Under
Seat
17/16

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Code:

Halkoholic

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304790

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 09:12 AM by CaptainCamel. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Camel

+3 TPE

Code:
2d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

This is where I'd be cheeky and be like "heehee I think SEA will win because I'm doing this on the final day of CW and I know they already won", but in all honesty I've been so busy MAN could have won and I wouldn't know. Pretty sure SEA won but who knows. I do still think SEA takes it (if they didn't already) just because... I mean look at them. MAN knows how to kick it the fuck off during playoff time, but SEA has that PLUS pure dominance in regular season... I mean so could MAN I can't keep up with various team standings.... but yeah go boats.
WC: 111

+1 TPE

Code:

With regression hitting harder and harder every season, Paul Binder knows the time for retirement is coming soon. He still has a few seasons left in him, but he can no longer hide that each shift he's on the ice takes more and more from him every single night. With this knowledge, he aims to keep it realistic. As much as he'd love to win the Cup, he's already managed to do that before in his career which is a lot more than some other players can say. No, he want's to beat MAN in a playoff series. The past 2 (three? I don't even remember) seasons, MAN has been the team to knock Atlanta out of the playoffs. I don't know what it is about them, but it's high time that Atlanta got their playoff revenge. He also wants to keep his physical aspect up. Binder has always been a bit more even-rounded than an offensive powerhouse, he knows it's important to keep his grindy defensive aspect of the game just as sharp as the offensive.
WC: 177

+3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Well, this is certainly a prompt. I mean there's so many different angles you could look at it. Right off the bat I'm thinking the navy war boats. I don't care how mad those bulls are, those Navy war boats are pure solid steel, nothing's breaking through them. I then started to think though, what if the bulls are able to find their way to the thing's heart and potentially break into there? I'm not sure where or even if these things have organs, but that could be a swing into the bulls favor. HOWEVER, one of the other boats could simply destroy the other since all the bulls will be on each boat... but then you run into the problem where you'd have to line it up so that all 3 boats shoot each other to kill the bulls.... but then it's a stalemate! It's hard to be fully for either with the multitude of variables, but overall I would have to put my money on the boats.
WC: 169

+3 TPE

Code:

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

OTTER. Okay I know that the logo and team name has a giant firebird, but I like to imagine that Atlanta's mascot is actually an otter. Anyway, OTTER is a film produced by A24, co-produced by David Lynch, directed by Ari Aster. Much of the film is a black and white noir-style film that has essentially no followable plot at all, but it is pure artwork in the form of film. Overall, the story is simple, an otter detective has to find out where his favorite rock ran off to... but that just scratches the surface. Slowly throughout the film, Otter finds more than what he bargained for in this pure psychological horror. What is the metaphor for the rock? Is it just a rock? Is it the detective's loneliness? Is it his unending desire to crush things on his tummy...? Hits theaters this Summer, stay tuned to find out.
WC: 150

+3 TPE

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

1. Trivia - 3 TPE
7. Milestones - 3 TPE
Milestones

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1. Trivia - 3 TPE
7. Milestones - 3 TPE
Milestones

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]