Create Account

S69 PT #0: City Planner January 22nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

Nikolai Skovgaard has just been called up to the SHL, and is gonna be staying with longtime Stampede winger Chimkin Wing for a little bit while he looks for a more permanent residence in town. It's usually a pretty chill place to stay, but there are some weird things that go on in Wing's house. For example, earlier today, Mr Wing was talking some nonsense about turning the neighborhood into some weird super mario world kind of thing, I didn't really understand what he was going on about so I just moved on with my day. There are also some occasional late night visits from another Stampede player Jaska Seppala. I think they have some late night strategy chats, but it's always in a private room and they never invite me, so I have no idea what's really going on back there. I'm very excited to find my own place though, but I do really appreciate mr Wing letting me stay with him.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Written Task: What kind of accommodations, attractions, restaurants, stores, homes, or parks do you want around your home arena? How would you design the perfect arena neighbourhood? Do you want it to be entirely leisure focused? Full of arcades and bars and carnival games? Or are you going to try something different? Maybe a large surrounding park? A nice quiet residential neighborhood that will send you noise complaints every time there's a game? There's no oversight here, make whatever your heart desires! (150+ words)

Around the Boston Garden, the home arena of the New England Wolfpack, there would be nice green parks. Among those, some would be gated off and be only for dogs, and there would be dog guardians that keeps the dogs of people that come watch the game, like this they do not have to leave them home alone, and the dogs can have fun too. There would be many busses, that go to many places, like this people do not have to park their cars anywhere. But there would be some underground parking, at least, for players and staff and visitors of course, underground is always useful when games are in the winter, like this people do not have to remove the snow from the cars after a game and can get home faster. There would also be many restaurants, of different kinds, like this people can go eat dinner before a game and have a good variety of food.

160 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

My player lives in a condo right down the hall from legendary sports journalist Skipp Santos. The two have a Kramer/Seinfeld kind of relationship where they pop into each other’s apartment from time to time. It’s nice having someone you can count on to borrow an onion when you are cooking a brisket and you are one onion short. My guy has lived in this condo for the past two seasons, ever since first coming to Los Angeles. The rookie contract allowed him to get a nice play right away and he has not wanted to leave the condo anytime soon. I suppose it helps that an awesome neighbor like Skipp Santos is right down the hall. There are a lot of reasons for my player to enjoy the area he lives in. The condo complex has an amazing gym that is just right, and some really great other amenities like shuttle service that help make it easier on a top athlete to get to and from the airport.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The best place to live is naturally in the rafters of the rink. There are a few options to get up and down. The most enjoyable one would be the fireman pole going almost straight down as it's a complete adrenaline rush to land almost 100ft straight down. However with some concern that there could be injuries caused from the extreme drop, the Chicago Syndicate management had forced Minamino to find alternatives such as a slide that curves around the sides of the rink on its way down. While not as extreme, it certainly still comes with a high enjoyment factor. In terms of getting up, there was no way that there would ever be stairs approved so instead an elevator was installed that took it straight to the top level. There are currently plans to install a water ride drop capsule at the top, potentially to be monetized by the fans in between games. Minamino being afraid of swimming and extreme heights, has opted to not make use of this himself.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

[Image: VMKRDMN.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Graphic Task: Depict the inside of your player's house, whatever or wherever that may be!

[Image: 9CcROhV.png]

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Player prompt

Greyson Cooper lives in a three bedroom house. It’s pretty modern & really close to the arena. He could walk to the rink if he wanted too. It’s his permanent house for the season, it took him a couple years to finally settle down in the house & Buffalo reassured him he would be there for years to come so he figured it was time to stop renting condos each season and moving in and out. He lives there with his wife & has for the last few seasons, it’s in a quiet neighbourhood and has a huge backyard & lots of garage space for his toys. However during the summer he usually heads back home & does a lot of vacationing. He plans to have this house for quite awhile & planning to have a family in it so hopefully he stays in Buffalo for more seasons to come so he can continue loving his house.
157 words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT- I've asked about your players' hometowns and summer homes and all that stuff before, but I don't think I've ever asked about where you all stay during the actual season!  

Written Task:  So where do you live while the season is actually going on? In a condo near the arena? Is your current team the place you've been for a long time? Do you have a permanent home there? Either way, what does it look like? What kind of living situation does your player prefer and why? If they've been traded or signed to a new team or moved from the SMJHL to the SHL at any point, talk about what the move was like! How did they go about choosing a new place to live? (150+ words)

This will be Bnana NWaffles first season up in the big league, SHL! So, the living arrangements are still in the works. When he was on the Detroit Falcons, he lived in a really nice apartment in Detroit near the Stadium, pretty much walking distance. Currently that may be what NWaffles will have to do now that he is up in Hamilton but hopefully in a few years, when the salary has kicked in or enough of the rookie contract adds up, he will get a house in a nice, gated community, maybe with other players on the team or who already live there. Like I mentioned for now Bnana will look at apartments or condos near the stadium, hopefully a nice corner apartment that looks on into the city of Hamilton and is close enough maybe to walk or a short drive. He has only been there a couple of times when they were scouting him so he does not really know the city and its layout but is good with that kind of stuff and will get used to the layout quickly.  (184 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Matsmith actually lives in a really nice house during the season. He is fortunate enough to have grown up around the team and the city, as well as one of Chicagos greatest players in Corey Kennedy. Corey Kennedy owns a home in the Gold Coast neighborhood. This is right on Lake Michigan, he has owned it for about 10 years, but since he retired he also spends a lot of time back in his native Ireland. Corey is Matsmiths "uncle" and let's him use the house and stay in one of the rooms full time. Since Matsmith is playing for Chicago now, he lives in that house full time. It is a beautiful 4 bedroom home on the water, that has a live-in chef/nutritionalist and daily cleaning service. It also has a gym, sauna, pool, and an arcade/game room. It was set up as a relaxation facility for a professional athlete, so you can see some of his teammates come over from time to time. He is extremely fortunate.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jonathan Hagan loves to live the party life, so he lives in a condo right in the middle of the party district of Montreal, where he can easily move around to various bars, clubs, and other fun activities. His condo would have its own mini bar and party area, including a small dance floor, DJ booth, and taps for various liquors and beers, so he can take the party home or even just have his own party without having to go out in the area. He also has a full kitchen in the condo, where he will sometimes cook for himself, but more often have a solid chef prepare meals for him. Hagan also enjoys the location because it is relatively close to the arena, so he can head to the rink for practices and games, and either head home, or head right out for a party, night on the town, or even host his own.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

For accommodations for the team's arena, the biggest thing that I would never tolerate would there being like a square kilometer of asphalt and parking spots near the arena.  This makes it literally impossible to get to an arena for a game without the use of a car.  There should be some sort of public transportation options for the arena, and robust ones at that.  The easiest method is busing, with a large fleet of drivers able to move thousands of people if given sufficient money.  If done well, the arena would be in downtown instead of halfway across the county, and allow a wide assortment of buildings to surround the arena for food or entertainment before the game.  What exact companies, restaurants, or entertainment would immediately surround the arena, I don't really care.  The most fundamental aspect of the arena design should be making travelling as painless as possible.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 12:40 AM by Seany148. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player prompt

Ozolins joined the Timber after the season started, he didn’t have a ton of time to find a place to live. He simply decided to rent a small apartment to see how things would go for the end of the season and actually find somewhere to live in the offseason. Now, with a new contract signed, Ozolins is able to afford to pay for a nice house near the arena, and he plans on making it his permanent home even when he plays with Edmonton. The building has a modern touch to it without being too expensive as Ozolins stays modest even when spending a couple hundred thousands, and the backyard has a pool for hot summer days. Two bedrooms in case Edžus finds himself a roommate can be found inside the house, along with a guest room for party nights. Finally, the basement presents a gym and a net to make training at home easier for the Latvian prospect.

[160 words]

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Alright so there are three things that are must haves around the home rink that Rasmus Bergling plays out of:

1. A bar. You win? The fine ladies and gents need a place to go celebrate the wondrous (and rare) occasion. You lose? No finer place to go drown your sorrows than the bar that might as well be part of the arena complex.

2. A park with lots of greenspace. We've got lots of pets on the team so a spot for people to bring their dogs, cats or other animals is a must. Plus, greenspaces are getting murdered by capitalism so it's important to try and preserve somewhere that people can come to enjoy nature.

3. A large sports store. Yes, we're professional hockey players but we're just as likely to come to the rink without an elbow pad or a skate. It happens. The perk about being professional hockey players is we can buy equipment willy nilly as long as we give the media some good quotes to write about. So somewhere that we can go get replacement gear is ideal to combat our aging brains.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 12:58 AM by LampLighter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt:

Going into my third season with Newfoundland I have become pretty familiar with the area and this year I am living in a two-bedroom apartment near the arena. Since I am only playing in the SMJHL and I am not there permanently, I did not want to buy a house so during the seasons I am just renting an apartment. Once I get to the SHL I will buy a house at that time. The apartment that I live in has a nice large living room and kitchen because I like to entertain friends and my teammates on off days. My second bedroom is used as my gaming room where I can relax during free time away from the rink. The apartment has been good for the time being because I do not need a lot of things especially while I am only staying in the Newfoundland area for at most 4 years and then I will be looking for a house once I get up to the SHL where I will then look to go all out on a house with everything that I want.

When it comes to accommodations around the arena, it's all about enhancing the fan experience.  I want there to be restaurants, bars, and lots of retail to encourage foot traffic early and often.  Fans arriving at the arena before the games can enjoy nice meals, a cold beverage, and do plenty of shopping before the puck drops.  Similarly, with all of the trappings around the arena, they can stay late and do more of the same.  I'm thinking a nice steak house is a must and you of course cannot skimp on a high-end coffee shop.  There needs to also be plenty of hotels in the area for fans who are traveling long distances from all over North America to see us play.  Add in a convention center or two which will help grow the local economy and it seems like we're well on our way to have a world class environment.  I want fans to want to come hang out around the arena even if they don't plan on going to the game.  A full experience!

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]