Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative Prompt:

The Montreal Patriotes locker room is getting a massive facelift. Hardwood stalls, new light fixtures, new plumbing in the showers and bathrooms, paint and spackle and all those good things. Adjacent to the training facility, the majority of the surplus will be used to create a designated Nap Room. State-of-the-art climate controlled cubicles to ensure each player has their ambient temperature and humidity needs met, as well as options between day beds, recliners, hammocks, and bean bags. Padded floors, to reduce noise and vibration, and a built-in stereo system, pre-loaded with varieties of white noise, soft jazz, and other gentle music. Audiobooks and podcasts are on a per- request basis. Dim lighting outside blue wavelengths, and soundproofing will provide the most luxurious, refreshing pre-game naps that money can buy. Also a smoothie bar just outside, so you can wake up from a nap to a tasty, refreshing, and healthy snack.

[Image: banes.png]

I didn’t do the previous point task so I have no idea where that surplus 3 million really came from or how it could be attributed to me, but with regards to our locker room i’d go a kind of theme park route with numerous shutes and slides incorporated into the way to the locker room in between periods and practices and other events. You exit the rink and jump into a shute skates first and it takes you on a wild ride overhead through the rafters and down under the stands and finally drops you right in front of your stall with a fresh recovery drink in your hand. In addition the locker room would be fitted with a 3D holographic tactical table for the coaches to better draw you their Xs and Os and bring home the game plan for what’s ahead with wildly increased levels of sophistication and complexity. Whether it will end up rather helping or hurting our play in the long run remains to be seen.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Hockey Prompt: Written

The salary cap, the way it is, is not designed for parity or whatever the NHL tries to say publicly. It is very clearly designed to keep money in the pockets of the owners and reduce pay to players, keeping the stars of the game from earning their real value. HOWEVER, the way the league has expanded and is built in such a way to completely do away with it would probably cause a financial disaster for many teams, as most teams are barely profitable (if at all). The salary cap, in some capacity, is here to stay. To improve the current system, something like luxury tax from the NBA could be added. I would try to copy that structure completely. The league pushes so hard towards building teams through the draft, and yet there isn't a way to maintain players you draft if they price themselves out of the team. Being able to go over the soft cap to re-sign players would be a great addition for players and teams. There are probably numerous issues with a switch like this, but it's by far a superior system to the one currently in place.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Hockey Prompt

[Image: S69_PT1.png]

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

HOCKEY PROMPT
Graphic Task

[Image: K9GADbb.jpg]

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

3 million is not a lot of money, but it is still 3 million. I could take a 3 million raise instead of any improvements, but seeing how this is about material things, so the first thing i would do is add a statue of the one and true god Monkey D. Luffy. And with that i don't mean the SHL player, but the One Piece captain of the Straw Hat Pirates. If you know you know. Niku Niku.
I don't know what a 15 feet statue in solid gold would cost, but that would be necessary to build team morale and get the powers of anime on our side. Other than that i guess we could always upgrade the restaurant to get some better food up in this place. Perhaps a world famous chef? Preferably someone who's a master of Steak Tartar, which is just so good. Other than that i think we're pretty good.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:11 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

As much as it can be a pain in the ass sometimes, I am all for having a salary cap like the one the NHL is currently using. I'm no expert when it comes to understanding the salary cap so I don't really have an opinion on whether its a good or a bad one and wouldn't know where to begin with suggestions on how to improve it, but I do support having it in place as it is.

It makes GMs have to actually think and manage a team, getting the right pieces to complete puzzles with a monetary restriction. It's forced teams to start thinking outside the box like using advanced analytics to identify who the team should pursue and who doesn't fit their system.

I do understand the marketability of a superstar team though and how much potential attention it would bring to the NHL. However, that team would likely be the Rangers as they have probably the deepest pockets and the fact they play in New York. As a Devils fan that would be the most unbearable thing possible. I'm not saying they'd be good though, they've tried it in the past and it didnt work out too well.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

HP

I think that the NHL salary cap is in somewhat of a good place right now. I do think that hockey players deserve more money than they are current making, but it is still really tough as hockey franchise are not all 100% profitable right now. As hockey continues to grow and fanbases and other non mass market teams continue to devlop more and more interest I think that the cap will only continue to increase over time. I'm not one to think that a team should be subject to a luxury tax if they want to play over the cap. Salary cap issues do force players to be moved around a bit more often due to cap constraints. I guess at the end of the day I really just want to see more money in hockey going to the players themselves or maybe even to pension foundations to assist them after they are retired and no longer playing the league. Its important to take care of the players over just about anything else.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Creative Prompt

Alright, I love how this team thinks I am the perfect guy for revamping our arena, our infrastructure and our team facilities. Shoot all your money on me, I will spend it wisely to help us get the best team facility ever. We have quite a modern locker room and facility, as we are a rather young franchise. What we still need is a bit more possibilities for team building activities. We already have what you can ask for and more in terms of training center and fitness possibilities. What we still need is a table soccer, a ping-pong table and a billard table. Probably we will also get a snooker table, and also some more darts. Also we will get nice and fancy with a game corner to get into computer games if the players want to. So, that is probably not even 1 million I need to spend. So I would still go and ask my teammates to see what we still could need.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Simmer pass

Say what you will about the salary cap, its a rule put into place to make sure billionaires pay as little money as they can so that their "more money than god" hobby can continue to well with the bare minimum effort on their own behalf. When Bettman was brought into the league he barely knew what hockey was in the first place, the only reason he was brought in was because he told the owners that he could get them a salary cap. In all honesty one of the reasons people still justify it is "parody" among the league, saying it keeps things even and keeps the weaker teams in the running and competitive but lets be honest, thats horse shit. When was the last time Arizona, Buffalo, or Columbus were competitive? In my opionion its time to scrap the hard cap, get rid of the owners too cheap to want to compete, and let the league thrive. Theres a reason even the cheapest baseball team is worth more than the most expensive hockey teams.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The first thing I'm buying is foot spa machines for every player. Taking care of your feet is super important and not something that should be overlooked. It will improve health and morale significantly. After that I'd put in climate control at every locker. So each player can determine his or her own desired temperature and hang out before the game in comfort. I'd also hire additional fitness coaches and yoga trainers to improve everyone's physical conditioning. It's one thing to be good at hockey, but endurance will win you the game when even the superior team is sucking wind. All in all I think improving physical health will also improve morale and make everyone play, or want to play, better. It's good to be able to have a place to relax after before and after the game and I would make everything as state of the art as possible. But no one should ever trust me with that much money.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

personally, I'm a huge fan of the salary cap. Often times I'm more interested in the management side of the sport than actually watching the games themselves. I love seeing how team build their rosters, through drafting, trading, free agency, etc.

I have always felt that a league without a salary cap would be much less interesting in this sense. It would come down to who can spend more, and not necessarily who can build the best roster with the same amount of money. Taking away the cap would remove a lot of the creativity behind roster building, and obviously also remove a lot of the parity we have in the league today.

I have a feeling that if the cap were to be removed, you'd be more likely to see big name players hit free agency, potentially even all signing for the same team in order to increase their odds at winning a cup. I'm actually quite happy with the salary cap the way it is.

167 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

I think the worst part of the salary cap in the NHL is there hasn't been any big growth due to covid and everything. I think things would be fine once we get back to having 4-5% growth in the salary cap every season, I think there could be an improvement in terms of making it a soft cap where teams could spend over the cap in certain situations like keeping a young core together instead of having to punishment good drafting and just making things like that better. I think something like that would help a lot, I think the salary cap is fine because people forget how the avs had Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne on the 4th line and lost in the playoffs. I do think it's best for the competitive balance of the league and it makes the season and playoffs more interesting than ever, its tough to actually see and bet whos going to win every year.

[Image: hallsy.png]