Create Account

Great Falls Grizzlies Founder speaks (statement + AMA/presser. 604 Words RTG)
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 10:51 AM by Chevy. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: 7bed8ef0-b446-11ed-b67f-d461b5173d49]
(Great Falls Grizzlies founder and former General Manager Thomas Jackson)
I want to start off by saying thank you to those in the Great Falls inner circle who have been nothing but supportive since the announcement, and more importantly I want to thank the players on the Grizzlies this last season who helped make one hell of a turn-around.  At the end of Season 68 we were dead last.  Nothing seemed to be going right, the line chemistry wasn't there and the front office wasn't sure where our next direction would be going.  These players worked their tails off in the off-season with lots of practice skates and team-building exercises and we went from dead last in the league, to division champions and tied for third overall in the league by points, nearly second overall in the league.  Their dedication to improvement can not be understated.  I can't wait to see what lofty heights the players on this team end up reaching, including those who are making the move to the SHL next season.

Next I want to thank the members of the SMJHL Head Office for entrusting to me an entirely new franchise back during the Season 61 expansion.  Without their support, I wouldn't be in the position I am now:  content and proud.  To my fellow SMJHL Managers I want to also thank you for your support over the seasons, your camaraderie and your candor.  You truly are the best GM's around. 

Making the decision to step down as Grizzlies General Manager was easy...and uneasy at the same time.  Change is absolutely inevitable and eventually there comes a time for every General Manager to take a proverbial break.  Also being the founder of a franchise makes it bittersweet.  I will always want to see this team succeed.  I will always have a slight favoritism for this team.  It would be impossible not to, however, just as I had mentioned last season when I informed Team USA leadership that I would be stepping aside as Federation Head for Team USA international play, its important to know your personal limitations.  Without acknowledging them, you can in the long run do more harm than good.  With the Grizzlies, I have laid out a foundation.  Hopefully one that is sturdy and sound that whomever takes over next can build upon and take the team to the next level that at present I could not achieve. 

Lastly, before I take questions I want to give a couple specific personal shoutouts to individuals who helped me, over several months of discussion, reach this decision without any remorse:  @Durden and @PremierBromanov, whom both were there in different capacities to remind me that being a GM is very rewarding but also isn't everything.  @Muerto who showed me the big ins and outs of being a GM back in Winnipeg and helped encourage the leap to team founding.  To @ACapitalChicago and the entire SMJHL Head Office Team, who survived late night extended bitching (and civil discussions) on various things league-related.   And finally to @SpartanGibbles and @Fluw.  Gibbles, it was your persistence in Anaheim that pushed me to take that first step as a GM back in Season 53 for Team USA WJC and again in Season 54 when we won gold.  It was always on my bucket list to be able to run a team with you and I am thankful to have had you the last couple seasons.   Fluw, this team is as much yours as it is mine.  You are the OG Co-GM.  You showed me how to fluidly run drafts and helped me better understand trade negotiations.   The Malamutes are in 100% great hands with you.  Thank you.

With that being said, I'll open this up to the AMA/Presser portion of this media for anyone that feels like it (or not, its okay).

chevy <3

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

great GM right here. I am appreciative of you bringing the Grizzlies into the SHL world.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

love you chev <3 its been a pleasure sharing the GM circle with you, and its even more a pleasure that I can continue bugging you in HO!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Thanks for everything you've put into GMing. The stuff you've done behind the scenes and the tools you've built have improved the experience for all of us across the different SHL leagues.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Big ups to you Chevy! Much love!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Nothing but love, the work you've done with the Grizzlies will always be known <3

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023, 09:06 PM by Eggcracker. Edited 1 time in total.)

Question: How could anyone not like you @Chevy?

<3

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

03-01-2023, 09:06 PMEggcracker9 Wrote: Question: How could anyone not like you @Chevy?

<3

Easy. I could say this:

STHS is the superior sim engine.  I’m sure that would tick someone off

03-01-2023, 09:59 PMChevy Wrote: Easy. I could say this:

STHS is the superior sim engine.  I’m sure that would tick someone off

I know you already resigned but you're fired

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

03-02-2023, 09:22 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: I know you already resigned but you're fired

[Image: borat-very.gif]

Great working with you Chevy! You've done great work in Great Falls

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

It's been a blast tipping my toes back into the GMing game in Great Falls. After Minnesota I was very hesitant to don that hat again. Hard to pick a better person to do it with tho.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

Probably my favorite branding in the J, thank you for bringing that concept to life

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Gfg doesn't make the big push without you! We'll miss having you at the helm

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]