Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. ver. word: "guh" +3 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
I think that a full rebuild is a bigger challenge when it comes to a build because in an entry draft, at least you have some players to work with, in a full teardown rebuild it is more difficult to have valuable assets and in an expansion draft there will always be at least something decent exposed to work with +1 TPE [60 words]
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
I feel that shutting down the star would be the smart decision in this scenario, because even though in this case they are a playmaker, they are still going to be a threat no matter what if you allow them to be open and take a shot on your goalie who can always make a mistake. +1TPE [56 words]
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

+3 TPE - smjhl milestones

8 TPE

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

gm pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 09:50 AM by Katth. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Triva - 3 TPE
Verification word: Katth

3. Chemistry Lesson - 3 TPE
My line mates this season were Valters Denisova and Shylo Moxii. We have been tearing it up last season and that is all because we are a force to be reckoned with. We have great chemistry and we just work really well together. During practice we do specific drills just with the three of us and we stay out on the ice even after practice is over. Off the ice we do a lot of things together as well to have great comradery. This all helps on the ice and during the game. We can really rely on eachother and have a lot of trust as well. We are also willing to sacrifice ourselve for the good of the other and the team. Someone I would like to play with on one line eventually would be Mads McBride. I think the two of us would be an unstoppable force in the SHL and we would score a ton.

4. Playoffs Shmayoffs - 3 TPE
So once upon a time in a galaxy and decade far far away, I did not make the playoffs. It was an absolute nightmare, because almost every team makes the playoffs and you must be really shit not too. What I did to get my mind of things was go on a trip to a tropical islands and got hammered every day doing fuck all. I drank cocktails from coconuts while watching the sea blast on the beach for a week straight. After that I went with my buddies to Vegas and just gambled day in day out at the high stakes poker tables. As good as I am at hockey I am the worst poker player you will find on this planet. So I had a huge target on my ass at that table and I lost a fair sum of money. It wasn't too bad, but it was enough to make my off season even more terrible than it already was.

5. Fire and light - 3 TPE
God bear wins, hands down. He is a god bear afterall. Why would you even think this a fair fight anyway? Sure a magma monster with a big fucking hammer sounds terrifying, but compared to god he is nothing. He might spit fireballs and create earthquakes with his hammer, god bear can do all that too, because he is a god bear. God bear will be just sitting in that arena licking his honey pot and be like "yeah whatever. I am god, who the fuck are you?". So when they are fighting god bear will just let the magma monster rage for a while and make him run out of steam and then eventually just knock him out with a single punch to the face. With his fatality move he will clear the skies of clouds and create a massive ray of sunshine to smite down up him and incenerate the magma monster.

6. Haiku - 2 TPE
Slap shots and ice skates.
The crowds roar echoes through the rink.
Last season was a triumph.

18. The Procrastinator Special! - 2 TPE
As much as I hate not reaching the final and winning the cup, I think it was very exciting to see these two teams in the final. As hard as losing the New England was, it was also fun to see that they were swept in the round after. All in all we had a great team this year and we should have gotten further then we did, but it is what it is and that is the SHL in a nutshell. Fortunately we will be back next season and will not be much worse than we were this season so we got that going for us.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

code: regret

3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

A - This is an easy one for me as doing an entire rebuild is just way more impressive. You need to get the pieces in order & to earn very well in order to get your team going which is much harder than grabbing random decent people you can draft/trade round with more quality, TPE or just teams will want back. Winnipeg & rebuild teams deserve more credit than that. [71 words]
B - The people surrounding him in my opinion. Players who are gods at getting the ball into dangerous places in sim leagues just are not able to be stopped. They would have a lot more if forwards finished better too or took every chance so it is best to limit & cover those people since it does not matter what you do vs an insane assister, they will always do killer passes. [71 words]
C - I was told goalies did not matter in the sim any more so I guess if attacking the goalie by having a lot of shots towards the opposition to score more goals helps you win...Yeah I think you should do that. You would hope that the TPE does not kick in or helps them when taking said shots? Who knew! [60 words]
D - I have not looked at the standings of majors not playoffs once so I do not know who is fav or if its over who won. I will guess Winnipeg since I like the logo more. Just for added tension, in game 7 OT, just to make everyone super tense & make it interesting for neutrals. But every game before that is a blowout one way or the other. [69 words]

4 TPE (7 total TPE)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

To my limited knowledge, Baltimore did not make play offs & if they did I think it was an early exit if anything. My time within the best league on the best team, Colorado Raptors, has sadly come to an end so now I will be going up to the big leagues. I guess this will be exciting for the future! An early exit sucks but you have to understand you are not winning every season. Even the old cheating teams could not do that so how will you? It is about looking forward to the future & especially if you are rebuilding like we are. Very important to make sure you stay positive. I am personally immune to playoff drama now. I am in so many sim leagues with so many bloody final wins & losses you get used to it & just look for the beauty in the story that has been made. So here is to the future & helping Baltimore improve!

[165 words]

3 TPE (10 total)

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones + 3 TPE

(13 total)

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

So this will be my last season on Team Rhine. We yeet'd the shitty dead nation of Austria to get the new lovely french team in & hopefully we can continue the insane dynasty that is us winning 4 golds in a row. We have the very best GM the team has ever had in Faradian & I can't wait to hopefully 5-peat to send off me, sarah & Aneeq off with a win. Pau too if he was chosen.

My expectations for Isaac do not exist. Full team player mode on my end as I just want to help the team win. If I get minimum minutes, fine by me! Just whatever is needed to get the huge dub for the team & my great friends.

Last season did not massively surprise me albeit the final 2 games for the medals were close & entertaining until towards the end. So hopefully it will be again for the neutrals (AKA THE SWISS!)
[162 words] -  3 TPE

16 total

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

J gm cw pass

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 09:37 AM by JuOSu. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE PT +3 TPE

1. Trivia - sloth - 3 TPE

2. Milestones - Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 11:10 AM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: FuckHamilton

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

Pretty much just about every season Anchorage gets into the playoffs. The problem is it's usually one and done. This season we did make it to the second round. It was kind of a shock to be honest. My draft class was one of the best for Anchorage and we had 4 guys who really were up there in the class lead with tpe and we were all there for 4 seasons. We had a good goaltender too. So while it was nice to finally win a playoff series I'm pretty disappointed as to how my junior career went with this player. Both my previous players had great junior experiences, my last player winning the cup 3 seasons in a row with Kelowna. So that makes it difficult and my player didn't exactly perrform as expected. So all in all my junior experience on this player was kind of a bummer. Will just have to hope for better in the SHL.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

Interesting, a bear versus a hammer. Just like all great monster battles from history aka Godzilla versus Rodan and the like the fight should be set in the streets of Tokyo. That way there's lots of buildings to smash, especially with a giant hammer. I can totally see the bear whipping ass here. A hammer is an unwieldy weapon and takes effort to swing. A quick bear can duck the hammer and be upon the magma dude in no time and rip him to shreds. Also the hammer could possibly get stuck in some of the buildings so as to make it unusable for said magma dude. And the rays of light from the bear could be used as a weapon to blind magma dude so he can't see the bear attack. I think this one is a pretty easy no brainer to pick a winner, the bear totally kicks ass. And Tokyo probably turns out to be a big mess as well.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

I got in no fights
I wanted to get in fights
Sad I get no fights

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

I think the playoffs were pretty awesome. I had hoped we would see an upset this season and I was proven correct by the Forge. The Forge did lead the preseason standings so that could have been a predictor but having a number 5 seed beat the number one seed was great. It was also great for the league as well. In my opinion FHM sucks donkey balls so to see a lower seed actually do something besides the top two teams always getting in there was truly a blessing for many on other less dominant teams in the league. Overall a very good result.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 07:56 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 8 times in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

FuckCW

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. I think both ways have their merits and it is good to see that they can both work out. It's tough to pick one that is objectively more impressive here because both have their unique challenges but also circumstances that could help them. While a full-on rebuild looks impressive on paper, you could argue that it's not actually that hard and many have done it before. Just stockpile picks spread out over a few season, draft well and then hold course. At the same time, the expansion route depends so much of the rules of the specific expansion draft, in the past they have fluctuated a lot and could either be very favorable towards the expansion teams or quite unfair to them. At the end of the day I think I'd go for Philly and their expansion route though, since if I remember correctly, the last expansion draft actually wasn't very strong.
b. I think it would be a mistake to go out of your way and target specific players on the Jets in order to shut them down at the cost of leaving open others. They have too many strong players, so I would say just stick to your game plan, it got you all the way to the finals after all.
c. I don't think you can tire out a goalie like that, at least not over the course of a playoff campaign. Maybe it can work in an individual game, but over the course of a series I think stopping that many shots actually makes a goalie stronger, it helps him get in the zone, stay sharp and gives him tremendous confidence.
d. Well, too late but my money would actually have been on the Jets, who ended up losing. But it's good to see what at least I would consider a small upset, even though the finals weren't as close as people would've expected. I think the Jets have built a great team over the last few seasons but they gotta be careful now to not become one of those franchises who build a great regular season roster, that can never quite get it done when it really counts.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

I think it was a bit of an up and down season for us as a line. I've been playing with the two guys that I've basically spent my entire career with ever since coming up, Grogu Mandosson and Duncan MacKenzie. The two of them carried me to a Jesster trophy in my first season in the league which included me breaking the leagues rookie scoring record, but since then we have been treading water a bit and I have actually regressed somewhat in terms of individual numbers. None of us reached our career highs this season and especially Duncan and I were quite far off, while Grogu at least still broke 90 points and got relatively close to his previous career high of 97 points. I think our story is a bit emblematic of the teams as a whole, while we have grown and added a bunch of skill and TPE, we have failed to take significant steps over the last three seasons to get us into that next tier, so this will have to happen soon.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

Wait a second, if we go by actual team identities, doesn't this fight make even less sense? We would essentially have the Northern Lights go up against a building, or even just a very specific part of that building, depending on how literal you wanna be with this. Or, if you want to be more poetic, you could also describe it as a battle between Ice & Fire... In any case, yes a Forge is hot and has hammers and anvils and shit, but is there any doubt in anyones mind that an Aurora is so much cooler, both in terms of asthetics and the science behind it? In fact, as Wikipedia has just told me, the aurora borealis is actually an "Elektrometeor", how friggin cool is that? So yeah I would definitely go with the supercharged polar bears in this one, sorry you guys with the big hammer and the building that can make crude tools by burning stuff.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+3 TPE

Quote:20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

Ehmm we all know what a seige engine is, really? Do we? Because I've never heard of such a thing and when trying to google it, Google tries to autocorrect me. So did you mean a "siege engine" by any chance? Well in case that is what you were asking for I actually have it easy, because my team are the motherfuckin' Dragons so were are basically a siege weapon at is. From taking down towers or city fortifications to literally ice walls or huge fortresses, Dragons can do it all. The only real problem here is the collateral damage you are likely to do. After all, chances are that you are attacking this city or castle because you want to take it over, but when using a Dragons then there is a decent chance that you might end up burning large parts of your desired trophy to the ground, or at the very least kill quite a lot of those people you were trying to conquer ehhhhh I mean liberate.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 10:49 PM by Michiganonymous. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA
thisisfine.jpg

7. MILESTONES
S69 Milestones +3

[Image: michiganshl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:30 PM by sulovilen. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
word: verified

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

The season was fine
Bounce-back season for Stromberg
Ended happily

Code:

Milestones

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

[Image: xiTljhF.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination
The Oscars are coming up soon! What a perfect time for you to photoshop your player into an Oscar nominated film! That's the whole task! Go wild with it!

[Image: fiGkRsp.png]

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

So I always thought that if I was financially independent, I would like to run a restaurant. I wouldn’t want anything too fancy, but a fast casual one. And something modern. Nobody (or me at least) wants to deal with people, so you would just use a self-service order kiosk or go to the table where you would use a tablet to order and so on. But since I now have an insane amount of money to start it, I will make it even bigger: A HOCKEY-THEMED INTERNATIONAL FAST CASUAL FOOD CHAIN. It’s something that definitely doesn’t exist, and the point is to attract a) hockey fans and b) everyone, because the food is great and the customer experience is also top notch. The food would be something between a burger joint and a BBQ restaurant. Smoked meats, burgers, mac and cheese, loaded fries, stuff like that. The name and logo are not public yet, but it will be something very clearly hockey-related, like “Penalty Box”, “Five-hole” or something. And there will always be hockey on the TV screens. Replays of old classics, if there’s nothing going on live.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 03:02 PM by AW13. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Test

Code:
Affiliate League PT
PBE PT

Code:
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

1. In my opinion as a former expansion GM in another league, I would have to say that generally, I think the full scale rebuild approach is a more difficult one or more impressive. While both are extreme challenges, it is easier in my opinion to get people to buy in to a new franchise and be the first ones to bring a team to a title. For a full scale rebuild it usually means things go bad and there can be bad stigma around a team that may go from competitive to tanking and such. I think that the history and such can play a negative part in things as well because for a new team, you get the chance to be a top goal scorer, a top goaltender, a top player in a franchise's history whereas it may be harder on a team that has existed for a bit.

2. I think you can certainly play it a few different ways but if I were doing it, I would try and take away the goal scorers because they are the ones who are actively hurting you on the scoreboard. An assist leads to a goal but the goal is what lights it up. If you take away the goal scorers, than Rashford would have no one to pass it to ideally and you would be forcing him to have to beat you with shots rather than other maybe more dangerous snipers. I would play puck denial defense on the scorers and play the passing lanes and just make Rashford beat you at the goal because ideally, I want goals off the board and make passing to the scorers harder can definitely do just that.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:29 PM by Z0REM. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Chill
I have to say that I beleive that Winnipeg takes it here for the long road to dodge. They have an older team, rebranded, fell to the bottom of the league, and then slowly built themselves up. Philadelphia is still a fairly new franchise and so I feel like this is the proper timeline for getting to the finals. Not everyone can have the success of Atlanta or Seattle as some GM have longer friendships allowing for faster growth.
Individual talent is here and can really be a game decider especially when you look at the top scorers of this season, that being said. A player is only as strong as the team around them. Get rid of those genius passers and frustrate them in order to open up space for the rest of your team to breathe a little and create your scoring opportunities
Base Pack has been a force since coming out of the juniors. It's no coincidence that the rise of Philadelphia almost parallels the rise of Base Pack. He is a literal wall at this point and its going to take a craft Winnipeg team to get one over this goalie. I would be more concerned at finding the shot accuracy from your team than chasing down weakness in the other goalie.
I had Winnipeg in the finals against New England, so I have to stick with my gut here and say that Winnipeg comes up on top. They have been hungry for it the past two seasons and keep getting shut down in the post season. They want it and they are here to make that statement. Looks for Winnipeg to try and close this out quickly and efficiently.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!
Seamus played on a couple different lines this year, I think it is safe to say that he played on the first and second line pretty consistently and even bounced around on the power play. That being said, he was paired with Borje Samuelsson for the majority of the season and the two were a good match with Borje outputting a lot of offense and assists and Seamus on the other side playing shutdown D and keeping the defense in check for the team. Its this combo of offense and defense that allows a fluid top 6 here in New England where we can all slot in to any line. It allows us the flexibility to counter strategies of other teams that might not have that same cohesion. I look forward to seeing what the pair of us will do next season as we only get stronger. Seamus is hitting his peak of offensive development and will become and even stronger defensive powerhouse. The bash bros are back.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
I have to give it to the massive magma monster here. While both teams are subject to the rules of giant god creatures and therefore are on the same fighting level, a giant bear that is incorporeal vs a magma monster that burns hot and is fluid or is solid once cooled seems to be unbalanced. Now you could make an argument that if the magma monster cools off then he will be stuck, but I believe that it would just be the outercrust of the monster and the inner working will still be fluid magma. Now imagine hes going everywhere spewing magma breath and changing the terrain and soon enough the collateral damage will be too much. I am not sure what sustains the bear and allows it to live, but a magma monster probably is self sustaining and as long as its burning things down its going to keep going.

S69 Milestones +3 TPE - S69 Milestones

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Code:

Mojito

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)

Jack St. Clair was flanked on the left side by the leagues best rookie and on the right side by someone who St. Clair was able to develop some serious chemistry with over the last couple seasons. Playing with Jiggle E. Puff and Tam Kove, JSC was finally able to achieve a point per game season and also surpassing the 30 goal mark for the first time in his career. While Kove didn’t quite have a breakout season, the real tale of this line is the rookie phenom who put up 67 points good for 12 more than the next couple rookies (also from QCC <3). The line by all means didn’t put up big numbers in comparison to some of the other top lines around the league, or at least not in the regular season. Come playoff time the chemistry that St. Clair developed with Kove really paid off with St. Clair crushing the previous playoff points record and setting the new playoff goal record while Kove set the new playoff assist record. Doing this all on route to the S69 4 Star Cup championship. All in all, I couldn’t ask for better linemates!

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Heartbreak there has been
Lots of finals we have lost
Quebec are champions!

Code:

S69 Milestones

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

Canada will win gold at both the World Juniors level and the IIHF just like I always predict, but this season will be different! Canada will actually do it this time and I am here to tell you why. Its actually quite simple really, all you have to do is look at the rosters. You’ll notice a certain similarity between the two, a players name to be exact. That’s right! Jack St. Clair will be representing his country at both levels this season and after helping his SMJHL to a championship he is ready to do the same on the international stage! At the WJC level its not really fair for the rest of the competition. You’ve got the regular season beast in Cale Salad centring one line, and then the playoff beast Jack St. Clair centring another. Loading up the wings of these two lines with Walter Sobchak between the pipes, it’s a dream time. At IIHF level, St. Clair is trying out a new position however temporary it be. To start his career at this level, Jack will be playing as a defenseman which is just to give the other teams a chance. Whats more though is that JSC will have the greatest honours of playing through preseason being on a d pairing with the great Ben Jammin!!

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Nothing brings me more happiness than seeing the genuine smiles and happiness on my children’s faces and last week I got a solid 5 days of that. It was a long time in the making but my wife and I finally took our kids to Disney World in Florida and by far the best week of my life. My son is a little too young to be able to remember it but I know in the moment he was having the best time ever. Then for my daughter getting to meet Elsa and Anna was the thing I was looking forward to the most, when it was her turn to get to have her photo taken with them she was just experiencing pure bliss. One of the top moments for me as a parent.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Hope

+3 TPE 

2a.

As impressive as getting from an expansion draft to a title is, for my money it is way more impressive to go from full scale rebuild to a title. With an expansion, you might luck into a few good players to build around, while for a full scale rebuild you start with barely anything to build around and have to use the draft and smart trades to get the team that is able to compete.

+1 TPE 

4 .
 For the Baltimore Platoon this season, not much went right for the team that is in a full rebuilding period. Honestly for Sir Devoir, he fully expected to miss the playoffs, as his team is still working on getting the talent to potentially compete at a later date. Even though the Platoon made the playoffs as a very low seed last season, that was only because a team that probably should have been better then them tanked for a high draft pick. He took it pretty well all things considered, and went ahead and decided to take the time he now has to spend with his family.

To take his mind off the lack of success he has had on the ice, Devoir took a vacation with his family to Japan to visit some places of his childhood. He also visited the carnival that he grew up in, and they were excited to see him. He also was a goalie for them when they were doing pickup street hockey games for old times sake.

+3 TPE 

Well first of all, I think this fight should take place in some kind of desert in order to minimize civilian casualties. I also think that this fight will be a hard one to judge for the victor, as both creatures are incredibly strong and have advantages and disadvantages. However, the fight should start with the two creatures meeting in the desert and the bear starting out by punching and firing lasers at the probably much slower magma monster. However, I think that the magma monster would have tough skin to crack and hurt, and the magma monster would come back by breaking the bears nose with his hammer.

Unfortunately for the bear, the magma on the other monster would slowly burn his paws down to nubs, as the magma monster would wear him down with hammer shots. The fight would end with the bear monster falling to the ground and getting beaten into oblivion by the magma monster's hammer. The magma monster would then let out a mighty roar, having earned the victory.

+3 TPE 

Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: platoon_puck.png]

1+3+3+3+3+3=16 TPE all together

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Task 1. Trivia 
"Crown"

Task 2.

a. [77]
I would have to go with the full scale tear down and rebuild approach as being more impressive. It is very hard to get players to buy into the team when you are down in the ditches and rebuilding. Some people will write you off if you even mention rebuilding. They look at it like it is a bad thing, but I look at it as an opportunity to be responsible in bringing the team to greatness.

b. [62]
The best thing to do is shut down whoever is generating the most offensive output. If that is the shooting the puck, then you block that shot, if it is the guy making unbelievable passes, better check him into oblivion. In reality you have to play in the moment, while also planning ahead to find a system that works for the team.

c. [57]
Pepper, pepper, pepper the goalie. When you are facing a hot goalie you have to throw everything you have at them. Eventually one or two will sneak through. Setting up a complicated play can work too, but that usually has a bigger risk of being scored on. Just shoot your shot and walk away with the cup.

Task 6. 

We started off bad
Traded to the Berserkers
Did alright I guess

Task 7
Milestones  +1

Task 18. [104]
I am going to be completely honest with you all here.. I did not watch a single second of the playoffs this season. Neither the SHL playoffs nor SMJHL playoffs. I followed my stats as a player after every game, but I did not have the time to actually catch a live streamed game. Cannot be disappointed if you do not watch the thing that would/will disappoint you, right? Maybe once I am in a better position to watch I’ll catch them. I had to check the site real quick just to see the Forge won it all.. Congrats to them, I guess.

Task 20. [171]
As part of the Berserkers, our siege weaponry is actually pretty good. Where else can you go and see a catapult that does not shoot rocks, but giant axes. I know what you are thinking, “How is that possible?” To which I say, “Nothing is impossible.” If you are impressed by that you should check out the trebuchets. Again, we do not launch rocks or boulders of any kind, instead opting for our enemies heads, which are of course, ablaze. What is scary then an object flying at you? A flaming object that looks like your buddy. The Berserkers have also perfected the simple battering ram as well. Built with wood, it features a standard giant log protected by a roof. What makes this one unique is the tip of the log. Some people have used stone or steel orbs tied to the end of the giant log, but Berserkers don’t like that. We like sharp rounded edges like our axes. So a giant ax head is fixed to the log.

Task 22.  [118]
It has been a fun season for me. I was drafted first overall to the Monarchs and have been loving the vibe of the locker room. Plus, there are people there from past teams that I always enjoyed talking to but have not shared a locker room with in a long time. It has been an absolute joy to be a part of this team. My buddy Gibbles is also on the Monarchs, he and I play D&D on Friday nights with some other SHLers. Having another channel to tag each other in is great. I’m happy I get to enjoy the league again after a break, not worrying about running a team and all that helps.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ