Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:11 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora vs.  Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge
Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.

The deadline is SUNDAY MARCH 12TH at 11:59pm PST.

Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Hotel Hangout
Show me a scene of your player hanging out with your road trip hotel roommate. Who do you usually bunk with? What do you two get up to unwind before a game?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Be Real
I'm a young person and I love being young and therefore I stay in touch with all the hot new technology (because I am young). I did not recently learn what Be Real is, I've known for a long time because of how young I am. That being said, show me what a typical Be Real post from your player would look like!

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination
The Oscars are coming up soon! What a perfect time for you to photoshop your player into an Oscar nominated film! That's the whole task! Go wild with it!

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oopsie Daisy
Show me your player making the biggest mistake they made this season. Did you miss an open net? Pass the puck right to an opponent? Score an own goal?

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, Memeing Like It's 2008
Make a mid-2000's style advice animal meme that describes your teams' season results. I really can't get any more specific than that. This one's pretty loose. Also don't try to sneak in some new meme format. I'll know.

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S69 Challenge Cup series
-The S69 Four Star Cup series
-An S69 IIHF preview
-A Breakdown of how your favorite hockey team’s trade deadline might go!
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Rivalries (150 words min.)
Which SHL IIHF teams do you think have the best or longest running rivalries? Which teams does your country have a rivalry with? Why? Is it because you're both in contention to win all the time? Is it because you're both always duking it out at the bottom of the standings? How did this rivalry come to be?
Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.)
The ocean wants a voice! If you had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, which ones would be the best for a hockey team and why? Build your team with the intent to win! You aren't just there for fun! I want a tactical analysis of the ice hockey ability of sea creatures!

Procrastinators

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Once again this is due SUNDAY MARCH 12TH at 11:59pm PST.
I'll still be around a bit next season, but I wanted to say it's been a joy to be your PT director. See y'all on the ice.  Heart

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

GM PASS

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:37 PM by SFresh3. Edited 1 time in total.)

No Pass

1 + 7 + 8 + 11 + 13 + 20
3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 16 TPE

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Fresh

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 Milestones

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck

Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

[Image: HajjWgG.png]

Quote:11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination

The Oscars are coming up soon! What a perfect time for you to photoshop your player into an Oscar nominated film! That's the whole task! Go wild with it!

[Image: kFbtvUw.jpg]

Quote:13. Graphic, 1 TPE, Memeing Like It's 2008

Make a mid-2000's style advice animal meme that describes your teams' season results. I really can't get any more specific than that. This one's pretty loose. Also don't try to sneak in some new meme format. I'll know.

[Image: zCe96wd.png]

Quote:20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)

We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

[Image: G0dLSls.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Simmer CW Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

HO CW Pass

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

J GM/HO/Whatever CW pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

CW Pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2023, 11:39 AM by ValorX77. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Trivia word is Valor

SSL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

8. [Image: NOLA_S69_Season.png]

19. [Image: Phil_Sig1.png]

Podcast +4 TPE

16/16

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

GM CW PASS BOYS
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:24 PM by Valpix. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
sausage

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. I honestly don't see a ton of difference, to be honest. Expansion draft players tend to be scraps in most sports (though I've not been around SHL for expansion...), guys who you likely won't build around long-term. Essentially they end up being the same as "tank commanders" in full-scale rebuilds like Winnipeg's.
b. The thing with Winnipeg is that they have so many weapons that focusing on one guy isn't enough. Rashford's been their dominant distributor in the postseason, but both Gonzo Gobbledygook and Miguel Hefeweizen had more assists in the regular season. So I would probably try to focus on the shooters - don't give them time and space on the puck.
c. BASE PACK reminds me a lot of Willie Miller a couple seasons ago with the Argonauts - a young goalie who has a breakout run in the postseason. He's had to face a lot of rubber to get past Manhattan, Atlanta, and New England. But I think he'll be up for the task - much like Miller was.
d. The Forge have done impressively to get to this point in the postseason. But for me, Winnipeg feels like a team of destiny. They've been on the brink for like three seasons now but kept running into white-hot teams. This time, I think they get it done and take out the Forge in six.

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones

Code:
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

If I'm not mistaken, my defensive partner with the Edmonton Blizzard was Luca Hunziker. Louise St. Martin and Hunziker have seemingly been stapled to each other outside of the J, so it's easy to gel with someone you know reasonably well. Both St. Martin and Hunziker played together in Toronto, albeit on separate pairs, before being traded together to the Blizzard this past offseason. St. Martin and Hunziker were also teammates with DACH at the World Junior Championship, winning two gold medals with the alliance, as well as the Swiss team for IIHF, where we won the country's first gold medal together. If there was a player on the team St. Martin like to play with outside of Hunziker it would probably be Patches the III, who St. Martin knew from DACH beforehand, or Rand al'Thor, because those two put together the two best offensive seasons by defenders ever in the J - in the same exact season.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

Louise St. Martin will be playing for Switzerland once again this season, and the team is in a bit of a transitional season after the retirements of stalwarts Luukas Lilja and Elias Kierkegaard. However, the Swiss have a habit of punching above their weight at these tournaments and the young players, including four rookies, will be hungry to prove themselves. I am also excited to see what the new French federation does this time out, inheriting an Austria team that won bronze last time out and possessing a slew of young new players and a well-respected fed head.

As for my favorite, the three Fennoscandian teams are up there. All three are recent winners, and possess fairly strong, balanced teams. However, I feel like Finland is going to have that extra bit of juice in the tank for gold. And frankly, wouldn't it be great to see the legendary Harry Carpet's last act in SHL be lifting yet another IIHF trophy.

16/16

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 12:29 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 8 times in total.)

Code:

Verification word: MomSaysImSpecial

Code:

This year I was blessed to have Jacques Hammer and Adam Liebold as my wingers for the year. Potential Spam and Pete Aleman played at the point on the first line point, and I also played with Vrana and Metzller on the powerplay. Hammer completely changed my character last season and the chemistry was even stronger this year. Hammer was looking for someone to win faceoffs and set up plays for him and we were able to help each other out very well. I loved playing with Liebold this season and am thrilled to be playing with him in Baltimore for two seasons. Liebold is the big brother: responsible, strong, and much more reliable than I ever was. I also had the chance to play with Vrana, who is the definition of a great dangler. He is also an amazing leader in the locker room and a teammate whose wisdom and ideas I greatly respect. Potential Spam is leaving this season and we are losing our general on the blue line. He has been phenomenal this season and it has been fun to watch him reach his offensive potential. Pete Aleman will be our pillar next season and will bring his energy to the table. He is a strong, punishing defenseman and a great guy to have on your side. Metzller was a revelation this year. The guy blocks everything and almost finished first in the league in his sophomore year. 

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, (Pathetic Attempt of) Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Knights friends fighting strong
One by one victories come
Berserkers killed hope

Code:

Link

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min.)

Are you kidding?  There is a word for a "god bear made of colourful rays of light". It is a Care Bear. And there is a word for a "massive magma monster with a giant hammer". It's a Balrog. Or a Balrog doing renovations? Why does a Balrog need a hammer anyway? Do you really want to put a Care Bear fighting a Balrog in the Mines of Moria? What the hell is this?

What do you want to see?  Love, positivity and affection? Gandalf did not beat the Balrog with kindness - although I must admit a lot of rays of light we involved in that fight. The Care Bear would most likely sent the green one supposed to bring luck, because that is the most likely thing that would prevent complete total annihilation.

P.S. After a thorough review of the Care Bears and their abilities - because yeah, I fucking did that - I would send Wish Bear. It's the turquoise one and its main power is, wait for it, granting wishes. Yeah. Fucking Genie powers, but in a plushy bear with an annoying voice. So let's imagine a gory scene involved the sadistic mind of a wish-granting Care Bear and a poor Balrog wishing he was stuck with an old wizard again.

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Happiness (100 words min.)

2022 was a pretty tough year and I have to admit that it was not easy to get back into a healthier post-pandemic rhythm. I had a COVID baby and a lot of responsibilities during the pandemic. I have the enormous luxury of having a lot of latitude in my job, and I decided to completely rethink how I approach my professional activities, how I choose my projects. I wanted to take care of myself, and my efforts have paid off. I turn down projects to spend more time with my family, and I find that I am less scattered, less nervous, more efficient. It took me too long to realize this. Last night I turned down a big opportunity, a decision that would have freaked me out a few months ago. I am living so well with it.

Thanks @leviadan!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

GM Pass

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

gm

[Image: rotti.gif]