Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

PBE Affilate

It's tough to pick the biggest rival for the Vancouver Whalers. As an old franchise, they have quite a few. I guess, though, we'll have to look no further than within their province and talk about their matchup with the Kelowna Knights. This season, the teams have had similar levels of success so far. They each currently sit in the middle of the standings with 23 points, having an up and down year. Kelowna has two games in hand, though, so perhaps they can be on a better pace than the Whalers. I am not sure what has happened to Vancouver, as we started off so hot and then the season took a downturn. It's possible that we need a rivalry game to reignite the fire underneath us, so lets look ahead to see when we have Kelowna on the schedule! December 2, 2036 is the next time these two teams square off, and while that may help, hopefully Vancouver can right the ship before then, as they'll need it to stay afloat!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Who would be the big rivals for the Yukon Malamutes, looking at the teams during the deep dive I made earlier the Regina Elk definitely look like the most expected rivals based on the results between the teams, With us going 16/16/3 over 35 matches, and a 1 point average per match they are the team we match most closely with over all the matches we have had so far. When asking the team who the big rival was there was one answer that stood far above the rest. St. Louis Scarecrows, was the name that was said. Looking at the statistics the Scarecrows are the 4th worst team for us to play against, with us going 14/17/0 with a -16 GD. This does mean that we aren't doing to good in this rivalry, with the Scarecrows getting most of the wins (even tough it is only a 3 win difference). This would make a rivalry between us and The Scarecrows also an interesting rivalry to have.

Man imma be honest, I don't even know who the rivals of my team are. This league is pretty new to me, but I know that Vancouver has taken some tough losses of late. Through adversity can form some rivalries in itself. I'll tell you what, we just recently lost to the Nevada Battleborn 9-1. I thought this was hockey, aint nobody supposed to be scoring 9 goals on us. Now I know that's our fault, mine included. But after taking a beatdown like this, they became our rival. Even without the geographic standpoint. Nevada and Vancouver don't have much beef in any other aspect, but you gotta believe we do now. We don't play them again until middle of december, but when we do, RQG and crew gotta strap in and do this. If its up to me, we won't be losing to this new rival again, temporary or not. (Also, I think I have to research some history of the Whalers and find out who our main rivals are!)

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2023, 09:13 PM by jtanner20. Edited 2 times in total.)

i hate saint louis scarecrows because they are just so utterly bad at hockey they are not worth your time. They are 4-16-3 this season. And only 4 wins is just sad. They are a terrible team. the malamutes beat them every time we have a chance to play. they pulled some shady shit with us. we will not forgive them. Sparky asked if i wanted to join and i said no. i had a team already. I chose malamutes over the saint louis scarecrows because those reasons. they went 13-50-3 last ssn so clearly they suck and the mutes are 10-11-6 so far this ssn. i have 12 points with the mutes i would probably not get any with the saint louis scarecrows. why are they called the scarecrows if they dont scare anyone and cant win any games? thats all i have to say. thank you for attending my ted talk.

[Image: b3ayEGX.png]

PBE PT Link

[Image: ed1c4980ce0ee7b9fb6b32abbfb56fabab0c4655.gifv]

I personally don't know too much about rivals and all but if I had to take a wild guess on the teams rival from what I have gathered Nevada battleborns rival would be Quebec. From what I know, I believe that Nevada and Quebec are both expansion teams in the same expansion. I wonder how many more super exciting games will come from these two teams. I think that is some nice little history to make teams rivals. That would make just about any team a rival right? I personally think it would. I don't have any teams that I would consider a rival to me yet. I do feel later on in my time here I would gain a rival at some point. I think it would be pretty exciting to gain a personal rival to have some nice intense personal rival games. I guess we will see who will become my personal rival later on in my time spent here.

I believe there's a pretty obvious one in Quebec City vs Nevada Battleborn. Both teams came into the league at the same time and if that's not a general story for a rivelary I don't know what is. Though I would say, bias and all, that Quebec has come out as the leader of that rivalry. But that's not the prompt.

Another rivalry that I think people might overlook with the Blue Birds is the Falcons. We've faced them in two (I believe I could be wrong and am not fact checking) cup finals. Last season being the most recent where we dominated them cause we're amazing. If you didn't know that Owls eat falcons well now you do. Again if I am remembering correctly both of my cup wins have come against the Falcons. Here's hoping for a third with Netman. Sorry Falcons but we love to face you in the finals. Wink

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 01:44 PM by XxCL16xX. Edited 2 times in total.)

The biggest rivalry The Great Falls Grizzlies face this year would be in their own division. between Detroit Falcons being so close in points for division leaders, I feel this rivalry will go on for some time. Each team wants to be the best of their division and the Detroit Falcons won’t give up without a fight. However The Great Falls Grizzlies will maul them to the end.

The Detroit Falcons have some big name players on their team that delivery night after night, with the likes of 4 chains leading the team with 43 points, followed by Billy Herrington with 37 points and with the top 5 of the team coming in with a minimum of 30 points this field between the Detroit Falcons and the Great Falls Grizzlies will surely entertain anyone paying attention.

The Great falls Grizzlies ain’t no push over though they also have some big name players making a stand.
The Great Falls Grizzlies also have a full roster that can put up points and make an impact to the final result. Leaving this team an all around dominant team.
With some key players like Loosh Sullivan with 20 goals and 10 assists and James Dion right with him with 11 goals and 18 assists and Kyle Latreille with 8 goals and 18 assists. Lets just say that this team is so well built that it will be a very entertaining game for anyone watching regardless of who they are facing.

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

My biggest rival in the league are the Detroit Falcons. This is a personal rivalry that goes back to the days of G2019 being their manager and not drafting the first Mayhem who played in the league. I don't know where he is these days, but I've vowed to dislike Detroit forever for this personal slight. I will never forgive them or the stinky @G2019. Someday Mayhem will destroy them both, but especially Detroit, because I have to choose a rival and I have chosen them. I think they also have that annoying screeching goal sound, and playing for Maine Timber we don't appreciate stinky birds trying to land on us with their dirty talons. Otherwise I feel that we don't have a rival, because we are simply better than everyone else, and I won't give anyone else the honor of being on our level. Maine Timber are the greatest of all time, always have been, always will be.

PBE Affiliate

I just joined Colorado and we are running through the league, respectfully as of late, so I am not sure what rivals we have. I know Maine and Newfoundland have always had a rival past with each other so maybe Colorado hops into that conversation this season. But then again are they our rivals? We've played Maine 2 times with the outcomes being 3-2 loss and 8-0 win. Maybe the second game was a fluke or maybe it was the first game. We play them tonight so time will tell. With NL we have played them 4 times with the outcomes being a 5-0 loss, 5-1 win, 8-2 win and a 7-1 win. We have smacked NL this season and I know they are furious after handling us in our first matchup 5-0. These two teams are talented squads and Colorado is playing them like a fiddle this season. I know we will have to meet at least one of them in the playoffs so I will be pumped for that series.

Since the Great Falls Grizzlies haven't been in the league for that long (they are one of the youngest franchises, only being established at the onset of Season 61), the natural rivalry would be to compare itself to its expansion sister, the Regina Elk. While neither team has had the chance to hoist the Four-Star Cup in their almost-decade of existence, the Grizzlies have had the only final appearance out of both franchises, where they were unfortunately defeated in five games by the behemoth that was the early sixties' Newfoundland Berserkers teams - which means they can boast better playoff success than the Elk. However, in their only meeting in the playoffs, in Season 66, Great Falls was promptly eliminated by Regina in five games, so there is banter to be had on both sides of the fandom. If we were to expand upon the geographical circumstances of the franchise, one could say that the Colorado Raptors are also a team that could generate animosity in the fan base, but real rivalries are borne in the playoffs - and the Grizzlies simply haven't been in enough repeated playoff series to have a true rival at this stage of its existence.

(202 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

One of the most storied rivalries in the entire league is St. Louis vs Detroit. Both teams have historically good and both have disliked each other for a long long time. Even before my 1st player way back in S48 the Crows and Falcons have been mortal enemies with every game being circled on the calender and a feeling of mutual hatred visibly by both teams. While I don't know where all the animosity came from but we one of the first things I was taught is we don't like the team from Detroit. If you want a comparison on what the intensity was like look up the mid 90s early 2000s Detroit Red Wings - Colorado Avalanche NHL rivalry was like. While the intensity has started to die out lately in fact St. Louis' GM was originally from Detroit something that would have been unthinkable only 20 or 30 seasons ago. Even with the rivalry losing its luster a little bit it's always a treat when these 2 teams face off.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]